Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are the Cutie Mark Crusaders disliked by fans?

Love Hearts

Personally, I've absolutely loved all of the CMC episodes that have aired so far. The combination of their characters is fantastic and the comedy that comes from it is just awesome.

I can't imagine why anyone would dislike the CMC's. :U

• Brohoof 2

Where have you heard of community hate from the CMC? Honestly, I've never heard of any significant sub-group of the fandom disliking them; I mean, come on, who could dislike the ponies who gave the world this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYt3hEmAtE

Ok, bad example, but still, I love 'em, and I've never heard of anyone else in the community hating on them; so, wherever this hate is coming from, just point me in the right direction, and let me at 'em!!!

Reasons I dont like them is because they are pointless. Until the day they actually get their cutie marks, their episodes are just them dicking around.

Its boring as all hell.

Sister Hooves Social and The Cutie Pox are exceptions because interesting stuff actually happens and these arent true CMC episodes as it focuses on one of them.

Reasons I dont like them is because they are pointless. Until the day they actually get their cutie marks, their episodes are just them dicking around.

Its boring as all hell.

Sister Hooves Social and The Cutie Pox are exceptions because interesting stuff actually happens and these arent true CMC episodes as it focuses on one of them.

Well, they're still learning lessons about friendship, and it is fun, at least for me, to see episodes focus on a group of ponies aside from the Mane 6 every once in awhile. Granted, they've failed A LOT at their main purpose, which is to try and discover their special talents and therefore earn their cutie marks, but I feel that this is excusable as they are still pretty young fillies, basically grade school kids, and grade school kids always want to try everything when they are younger (I mean, c'mon, how many of us at some point wanted to be an astronaut, a fireman, or a police officer when we were younger; or all three even!!!). So, overall, I find the slow pace that they're taking discovering their cutie marks to be excusable, for the time being; if it does continue too long, then I'd say that it'd be starting to get a bit ridiculous, and I'd say that next season would be a good time for at least one, and hopefully all three, to get their cutie marks. Here's hoping they do!!! :D

The cutie mark crusaders are a nice additon to the show!!!They're cute,cuddly and lovable!!!And they remind me of my inner child.

Edited by Dino-Mario

Well, they're still learning lessons about friendship, and it is fun, at least for me, to see episodes focus on a group of ponies aside from the Mane 6 every once in awhile. Granted, they've failed A LOT at their main purpose, which is to try and discover their special talents and therefore earn their cutie marks, but I feel that this is excusable as they are still pretty young fillies, basically grade school kids, and grade school kids always want to try everything when they are younger (I mean, c'mon, how many of us at some point wanted to be an astronaut, a fireman, or a police officer when we were younger; or all three even!!!). So, overall, I find the slow pace that they're taking discovering their cutie marks to be excusable, for the time being; if it does continue too long, then I'd say that it'd be starting to get a bit ridiculous, and I'd say that next season would be a good time for at least one, and hopefully all three, to get their cutie marks. Here's hoping they do!!! :D

Be that as it may, I still find their episodes boring.

I don't dislike them persay, but I do have to say they get awfully repetitive after a while. "We're gonna try this, this and this!"-->Failure.-->"This, this, and this!"-->Failure.-->"This, this and this!"-->WE DID IT-Failure.

No bashing intended, like I said I have nothing against them. But it get's a little weak for me when compared to everything else. For me it get's a point where I'm kinda like 'Okay...I wonder what everyone else is doing right now.'

• Brohoof 1

You dare bring CMC hate into my lair!? You must die!

seriously though, while I understand why people dislike them, I think that they teach small children, the group this show is geared too, to follow your dreams and never give up, and when you achieve that dream you will feel a sense of fulfillment. Come on, who doesn't want the girls to finally get their cutie mark?!

They seem to muck everything up...

I dunno. I don't really have feelings for them.

"Hammer." "Hammer." "Hammer." :P

They do add comical effect to the show...

Edited by Nightfall

Personally? I think it's an unnecessary puerility, they are obnoxious, and they frankly make some episodes painful to watch with their garish femininity and uselessness.

This, for me. Just annoying. Although when they are individual, I like them better.

Thanks to all for replying and sharing your opinions!x

How can there be such thing as unnecessary puerility? Surely everyone needs that stage in life in order to grow? Even you were once that age. Obnoxious? Care to go into more detail? You are being rather vague with reasons, making it seem more as just outright name calling.

Garish femininity? They are children. All of the main cast, and CMC are females. I wouldn't say they were garishly feminine at all, only child-like. Which, whether you like it or not, is whom the show was aimed at originally.

I also beg to differ that they are useless. I would really like to see your reasoning behind your words.

1. They don't serve too much purpose, as addressed in 4, so it truly is a puerility that isn't needed. The puerility is fine, it's the fact that it isn't needed that irks me.

2. This one is a personal point. I view ALL children as obnoxious. Sue me.

3. That one, I will admit, was not what I meant to say. I couldn't put my finger on the correct word to follow garish.

4. Even by their own admission, the CMC don't really have a purpose. Not enough of one to get as much screen time as they have, no less.

One thing that bugs me about the their theme song is that although it was alright it would have been so much better if they had done it properly to their talents for example to have had Sweetie Bell sing. They could well do something like this as a finale for them so that there's something good to remember them by.

I don't mind the CMC, but I wonder what will be done with them once they finally get thier cutie marks. That seems to be the main point of thier episodes, what will be thier place in the show afterwards?

One thing that bugs me about the their theme song is that although it was alright it would have been so much better if they had done it properly to their talents for example to have had Sweetie Bell sing. They could well do something like this as a finale for them so that there's something good to remember them by.

The fact that each of the CMC has obvious talents in certain areas, but not for the roles they chose, is the central gag of the episode, and plays into the running joke of their looking for cutie marks in all the wrong places. If everything went well, it would have been a pretty boring show.

Ironically, according to Daniel Ingram, the first version of the song was done beautifully by Madeleine Peters and Michelle Creber. Unfortunately, because it sounded so good, it didn't fit the plot of the episode, so they had to redo it and deliberately fudge it up.

I'm hoping to be able to get a copy of the un-fudged version someday, because I suspect it would indeed sound pretty awesome.

There have been around 3 episodes now dedicated to them, hearts and hooves day being my favorite of these, but I don't really like the taking up whole episodes.

This to me is the reason why they are fround upon. They take up episodes that most people don't care for. I really like their episodes just saying.

I enjoy them, though I agree with this

The cutie mark crusaders are alright with me, but when Season 2 was just getting off the ground it seemed like just one CMC episode after another and it got a bit tiring.

It does get old when they air the episodes centered around them so close to one another.

• Brohoof 1

Me? I love the CMC! But I think I can gather why people hate them.

• They're minor characters. Some people only want the main characters instead.
  • Their episodes are rather pointless. While I find their episodes funny, I can agree that their episodes never really do anything.
  • Both incredibly impatient and never take others' advice, despite BEGGING for it. These are why their episodes are pointless, and a couple huge reasons their being dragged down by fans.
  • To add to pointlessness, their episodes are Incredibly repetitive. CMC try for marks/something doesn't go right/they "learn" their message so well, you can expect MORE of these silly scenarios in their next episode!
  • Lack of development. This DEFIANTLY applies to Scootaloo. Lack of character leaves a lack of interest for some people. But seriously, we NEED a Scootaloo episode already. =P

That's all I can think of now. Although these don't affect my viewpoint on them, these do affect a lot of others.

They are annoying, in my opinion, because they're SO hardheaded! Especially Scootaloo! They could've gotten their cutie-marks ages ago if they'd only stop their antics and listen to their elders (I suppose that adds to their charm, but it's really frustrating for me!).

I dislike them because their episodes just take up spots that could be used for episodes about the mane 6. I'm pretty sure the CMC aren't the main characters, so why do they have so many freakin episodes?!

I never really disliked them, just thought of them as your everyday hyperactive, rambunctious kids. Then again, I also have a decent tolerance of kids since my mom owns two daycares.