Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are the Cutie Mark Crusaders disliked by fans?

Love Hearts

H!i~ :)

I hope this is in the right place, I don't know where else it would go. (/(>.<)

I was just wondering as to why the Cutie Mark Crusaders are so widely disliked? If you don't like them, what are your personal reasons for it?x

I love pretty much all of the main cast, apart from one pony, but I can't have a favourite between them because my opinion shifts as I feel they aren't particularly consistent but I have lotssa wub for them!~ I really like the Cutie Mark Crusaders also, and don't understand where all of the hate is from.

Please feel free to state your honest opinion, I just want to see it from other view points~

Thank you for your time!x

Aya xoxo

Edited by xXAyaXx
  • Brohoof 1

The CMC are disliked???

Who could dislike this:Posted Image

I definitely love em, they're just like any regular playful kids that sometimes get into too much mischeif.

• Brohoof 26

The CMC are disliked???

Who could dislike this:Posted Image

I definitely love em, they're just like any regular playful kids that sometimes get into too much mischeif.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!x I know, I feel the same~ But many don't seem to agree, and I want to try understand why~ Thank you for replying, and for the cuteness!x ^_^

I didn't think they were disliked?

I think they are very funny and add to the show positively! :)

I don't dislike them at all; I, in fact, like all of them separately as tied for best filly. However, I find the episodes they star in are usually less entertaining, since as a group, they search for their cutie marks in incredibly inept ways, and they always gloss over what they're really good at. Their episodes give me too many facehoofs to be enjoyed.

• Brohoof 2

Disliked? Well, The episodes that starred them in Season 1 actually weren't so good to some, so that might be why. But the episodes in Season 2 like Hearts and Hooves day were really good, and the characters have gotten alot better outside of "Lets get Cutie Marks!"

• Brohoof 1

I didn't think they were disliked?

I think they are very funny and add to the show positively! :)

I agree!x

I didn't think so, either, until I started to see a lot of negativity towards them, and it perplexed me!x

Thank you for replying!x

I don't dislike them at all; I, in fact, like all of them separately as tied for best filly. However, I find the episodes they star in are usually less entertaining, since as a group, they search for their cutie marks in incredibly inept ways, and they always gloss over what they're really good at. Their episodes give me too many facehoofs to be enjoyed.

I understand your point, and you are right in the fact that they gloss over what they are really good at, but I think that kind of adds the childlike cuteness to it. It's a stepping stone for them~ I, on the contrary find their episodes more entertaining. But everyone has their own view~

Thank you for replying!x

Disliked? Well, The episodes that starred them in Season 1 actually weren't so good to some, so that might be why. But the episodes in Season 2 like Hearts and Hooves day were really good, and the characters have gotten alot better outside of "Lets get Cutie Marks!"

I agree, they have introduced way more depth with them, not only about their cutie marks. (Even if it always plays a small role in it.). I love the fact they are 'on a quest to find out who they are'. I find it adorable. :blush:

Thank you for replying!x

I like the Crusaders ; adds to the show.

I agree 1000%!x

Thank you for replying!x

I like them so much, I cant even choose a favorite out of the three...They are all cute and awesome in their own ways.

Aww, I think so too~! :lol:

Thank you for replying!x

Thankoo all for replying, I had no idea they were so liked here~ It is really a relief!~

May I ask all of your opinions on Fluttershy? It will save me making a new Topic. (/(>.<))

She seems really loved by most, and this also is perplexing for me. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I would like to also understand why this is~

Hugs for all!x

• Brohoof 1

May I ask all of your opinions on Fluttershy? It will save me making a new Topic. (/(>.<))

She seems really loved by most, and this also is perplexing for me. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I would like to also understand why this is~

Hugs for all!x

Fluttershy keeps going down on my favorites list. I used to like her and now I don't.

The other characters just seem more interesting to me, I mean, being cute and nice can only go so far in a character.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fluttershy keeps going down on my favorites list. I used to like her and now I don't.

The other characters just seem more interesting to me, I mean, being cute and nice can only go so far in a character.

See, my problem with her is: (In spoilers because I don't wish to offend anyone that favours her, it is only my opinion, however feel free to counter me if you disagree)

I don't think she really is that nice. Everyone sees her as kind hearted, shy, her whole personality is supposed to embody 'kindness'. But every time I have seen something with her in, it confirms my assumption that she is not.

The first time it was apparent to me was in the one where Rarity was making dresses for everyone, and although all of the others seemed to be selfish also, their requests were just for what suited them. (Rainbow Dash 20% cooler, etcetera). And even though Fluttershy was polite at first, the way she completely ripped into Rarity's work was just wrong. Instead of just saying to her in a nice way, or even like the others did, she completely ripped her apart for it. In detail.

There are many more examples.

She is so caring to animals, but in the Episode where Rainbow Dash wanted a pet, and she was putting forth the tortoise to try out. (Not mentioning that the actual event was dangerous for all of the animals partaking, yet she seemed to have no problem). Rainbow Dash kept calling him a turtre, and Fluttershy was always adamant that he was a tortoise. Until the end that is. Where she calls him a turtle, and everyone corrects her. (Edit: I could be wrong on that, it may have been Pinkie Pie. >.<)

Also, she mentioned at the end, something along the lines of; "But Rainbow, you didn't want a pet that couldn't fly because it would keep you grounded and hold you back, remember?".

I understand some of it is just for jokes and plot, but it still spoils her as a character. I don't understand this huge hype over her, and how she is so "kind" and "loving" where evidence proves more so to how she looks down on her friends, and isn't all that nice to animals all the time, too. Sorry for the rant, but that is just my thoughts. >.< As I said, please feel free to counter if you do not agree~

Edited by xXAyaXx
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't like the CMC in season 1 because they didn't have much character depth, and they were annoying most of the time. Season 2 gave them great characterization and didn't make them annoying. I like them all now.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't like the CMC in season 1 because they didn't have much character depth, and they were annoying most of the time. Season 2 gave them great characterization and didn't make them annoying. I like them all now.

Thank you stating your reason and replying!x

Thank you stating your reason and replying!x

You're welcome! As for your earlier question about Fluttershy, I like her because she reminds me of myself. I'm pretty shy, and I have trouble being assertive, but I'm improving. However, she needs more character depth in season 3, or she might lose her place as my second favorite.

• Brohoof 1

You're welcome! As for your earlier question about Fluttershy, I like her because she reminds me of myself. I'm pretty shy, and I have trouble being assertive, but I'm improving. However, she needs more character depth in season 3, or she might lose her place as my second favorite.

I get that people can relate to her. At first, she reminded me of my sister. x3 But, she just seems to me somewhat passive-aggressive, and I find that is the worst kind. It irks me when I see her doing something like in the assertive episode, the way she turned against Rarity and Pinkie Pie (I think!~ (/(>.<))), that wasn't being assertive, that was just being rude. And to those closest to her.

Also another time is when she practically trampled over Rainbow Dash then opened up a window all gently. As if the window deserved more respect than her friend. I wish I could like her, and she is my favourite colours, and looks so cute! But, I find her to be really fake, and I greatly dislike seeing her as a major role in episodes. (Sorry if that is harsh, again it is only my opinion and I respect that you like her and she is one of your favourites!x)

Thankoo again for the reply!~ x

I get that people can relate to her. At first, she reminded me of my sister. x3 But, she just seems to me somewhat passive-aggressive, and I find that is the worst kind. It irks me when I see her doing something like in the assertive episode, the way she turned against Rarity and Pinkie Pie (I think!~ (/(>.<))), that wasn't being assertive, that was just being rude. And to those closest to her.

Also another time is when she practically trampled over Rainbow Dash then opened up a window all gently. As if the window deserved more respect than her friend. I wish I could like her, and she is my favourite colours, and looks so cute! But, I find her to be really fake, and I greatly dislike seeing her as a major role in episodes. (Sorry if that is harsh, again it is only my opinion and I respect that you like her and she is one of your favourites!x)

Thankoo again for the reply!~ x

I understand hating fake characters, when I see a character as fake, I hate them, too. But her behavior in your first example was necessary for her to realize that she had gone too far with her assertiveness. She called herself a monster after she sent them off crying, and then refused to come out of her cottage because she was afraid of hurting more ponies, leading to the climax where she used assertiveness properly. As for your latter example, that was just a quick joke.

Also, you don't have to worry about offending me, I don't get upset when people don't like something I like, or when they disagree with me. ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I understand hating fake characters, when I see a character as fake, I hate them, too. But her behavior in your first example was necessary for her to realize that she had gone too far with her assertiveness. She called herself a monster after she sent them off crying, and then refused to come out of her cottage because she was afraid of hurting more ponies, leading to the climax where she used assertiveness properly. As for your latter example, that was just a quick joke.

Also, you don't have to worry about offending me, I don't get upset when people don't like something I like, or when they disagree with me. ;)

That's very kind of you~!

And I understand why they have her do those things, I just think it isn't particularly nice and it leaves me feeling confused as to why everyone feels she is some virgin Mary pure goodness.And some of her other behavior such as the one with Rarity, didn't have any good reason for it in my opinion. >.<

What is she like in the last two episodes?x (I haven't seen yet as waiting to watch both with my younger sister :))

Edited by xXAyaXx

The CMC are just incredible unlucky in that, out of all the catoon characters out there, they're up against the Mane 6, so everytime they're up, we miss the main cast.

But honestly they're funny even with a mediocre plot (dumb fabric, power tools) and great with a good one.

Also what all the other guys said.

• Brohoof 1

That's very kind of you~!

And I understand why they have her do those things, I just think it isn't particularly nice and it leaves me feeling confused as to why everyone feels she is some virgin Mary pure goodness.And some of her other behavior such as the one with Rarity, didn't have any good reason for it in my opinion. >.<

What is she like in the last two episodes?x (I haven't seen yet as waiting to watch both with my younger sister :))

She doesn't get many lines, she's mainly just there.

• Brohoof 1

nooo NOT THE CMC!!!!!!! I never knew they were disliked I will show em' my love

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

If thats a number XD. well my bro says, "Numbers never stop"

• Brohoof 1

I don't think many people dislike them :o i love the CMC's, they add depth to the lineup of awesome characters in the show :) and not to mention they are adorable! Love Sweetie's voice <3 , and Scootaloo is just awesome, and Applebloom has the cutest country accent! :3

• Brohoof 1

It's not that a dislike them directly, it's that I'm annoyed at how dumb and oblivious they are to their actual talents and everypony else just thinks that they'll figure it out themselves one day which kinda seems like wishful thinking to me seeing as how they've been portrayed.

Also I'm worried how long they will drag this out for, eventually it will start to get boring and repetitive but I do agree it is good to have episodes like these that is a break from the normal storyline from time to time even though deep down I want Twilight to star in every episode :P

• Brohoof 1

I was initially unreceptive to the CMCs because I thought they were going to fill the role of "annoying younger sibling/comedy relief" like Scrappy Doo, or Snarf. But it didn't take much to win me over.

The Cutie Mark Chronicles is where they really started to grow on me though. Although Applebloom became a favourite thanks to Bridle Gossip. I like the connection she and Zecora have.

• Brohoof 1