Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are the Cutie Mark Crusaders disliked by fans?

Love Hearts

I don't love them, but I don't dislike them either. I think they're fine in small doses but if they get more and more episodes the whole cutie mark search will start to get dull.

• Brohoof 1

Small Wonders

In just about any other show, characters in this age group would drive me up the wall. They would either be too cute, or too irritating, or both.

The CMC have the ability to be that way, but the way they are actually handled in the stories is so masterful that CMC episodes are some of my favorites, with The Cutie Mark Chronicles at the top of the list.

Their running gag of trying every way but the right way to get their cutie marks is epic, and if any of them should ever actually get a cutie mark, I'm not sure how I would feel about it. It's the goal that unites them and drives them.

What would they be without the Cutie Mark Crusade? Maybe we'll find out someday. In the meantime, I not only don't dislike them, but am quite a fan.

"Ugh! These namby-pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks! They're all about finding who you really are and boring stuff like that. Come on, girls! We need action! We need Rainbow Dash!" -- Scootaloo

P.S. Scootaloo is Best Filly. B)

• Brohoof 1

I agree!x

I didn't think so, either, until I started to see a lot of negativity towards them, and it perplexed me!x

Thank you for replying!x

I understand your point, and you are right in the fact that they gloss over what they are really good at, but I think that kind of adds the childlike cuteness to it. It's a stepping stone for them~ I, on the contrary find their episodes more entertaining. But everyone has their own view~

Thank you for replying!x

I agree, they have introduced way more depth with them, not only about their cutie marks. (Even if it always plays a small role in it.). I love the fact they are 'on a quest to find out who they are'. I find it adorable. :blush:

Thank you for replying!x

I agree 1000%!x

Thank you for replying!x

Aww, I think so too~! :lol:

Thank you for replying!x

Thankoo all for replying, I had no idea they were so liked here~ It is really a relief!~

May I ask all of your opinions on Fluttershy? It will save me making a new Topic. (/(>.<))

She seems really loved by most, and this also is perplexing for me. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I would like to also understand why this is~

Hugs for all!x

The reason for which you are not so fond of Fluttershy is the very same reason that makes some not very fond of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They are seen as empty, bothersome fillie (I don't really like Scootaloo much) . Everything depends on the person's view of the characters. And it doesn't help that the show likes to play their defects up to eleven to get laughs: Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy and the Crusaders are good examples.

But I'll always love Fluttershy, even if she can be Flutterbitch at timess :3

• Brohoof 1

I used to wonder what friendship could be think they were the most annoying characters on the show. I adore Apple Bloom, but when she met Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle I thought they were somewhat annoying, and I didn't like Sweetie Belle's huge lullaby song much, still don't.

But I really warmed up to them a lot, and I adore all three of them, Apple Bloom especially. Sweetie Belle I used to not like as much, but I warmed up to her too.

People don't seem to like Apple Bloom nearly as much as the other two though. :(

• Brohoof 1

People don't seem to like Apple Bloom nearly as much as the other two though. :(

Really? I was under the impression Scootaloo was the least favorite (possibly because she's the one people know less about)

Edited by Lirael
  • Brohoof 1

I wasn't too fond of the CMC during season one. I found their episodes to be a little boring, and they didn't really add much to the series in terms of development. The only CMC episode I really enjoyed from season one was the Cutie Mark Chronicles, and that episode mainly featured a Mane 6 storyline that was driven forward by the CMC.

I began to like them a lot more in season two, they were a lot more entertaining and likeable. They all broke out of their 'cutsie' shells and actually developed as serious characters that deserved attention. I thought that Ponyville Confidential was one of the best episodes of the season.

Don't get me wrong, they're still cute, I just think they have more character beyond being cute now.

• Brohoof 1

Thankoo all for replying, I had no idea they were so liked here~ It is really a relief!~

May I ask all of your opinions on Fluttershy? It will save me making a new Topic. (/(>.<))

She seems really loved by most, and this also is perplexing for me. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I would like to also understand why this is~

Hugs for all!x

The reason why I like her is because of her love of animals and because she's fierce when she needs to be despite being the shyest pony in [probably] all of Equestria and I think that shows courage.

I read you think she's fake but I think it has to do more with her assertiveness issues more than anything. She is nice beyond all else, but when she is pushed she goes over the edge and speaks the truth in an overly assertive way so that it may sound mean but shes really just being honest. For example, when she called Rarity/Pinkie Pie frivolous it wasn't to be mean, it was an overly assertive statement in response to what they were saying in an attempt to control the situation - but it still had some truth to it.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify her behavior or looking too much into it but I think there is a fine line between being mean just for being mean and being assertive to the point where it may appear mean... And having the Element of kindness it's something she struggles with

• Brohoof 2

I wub them so much how can you not?

Totally agree!x But others have their views, too~

The CMC are just incredible unlucky in that, out of all the catoon characters out there, they're up against the Mane 6, so everytime they're up, we miss the main cast.

But honestly they're funny even with a mediocre plot (dumb fabric, power tools) and great with a good one.

Also what all the other guys said.

I agree, but I think sometimes it is good that they get their own Episodes as it gives the show a change of focus from the main characters all of the time~

nooo NOT THE CMC!!!!!!! I never knew they were disliked I will show em' my love

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

If thats a number XD. well my bro says, "Numbers never stop"

You're awesome!x ^_^

I don't think many people dislike them :o i love the CMC's, they add depth to the lineup of awesome characters in the show :) and not to mention they are adorable! Love Sweetie's voice <3 , and Scootaloo is just awesome, and Applebloom has the cutest country accent! :3

After making this Topic, I am amazed at how many actually do like them, and it makes me happy!x And they really do in my opinion, too!~ ^~^

It's not that a dislike them directly, it's that I'm annoyed at how dumb and oblivious they are to their actual talents and everypony else just thinks that they'll figure it out themselves one day which kinda seems like wishful thinking to me seeing as how they've been portrayed.

Also I'm worried how long they will drag this out for, eventually it will start to get boring and repetitive but I do agree it is good to have episodes like these that is a break from the normal storyline from time to time even though deep down I want Twilight to star in every episode :P

I find how they are so oblivious to their actual talents as cute, and childlike. And as I said before, it's like a stepping stone for them~ I have noticed they are adding in other elements and lessons into their episodes, too, so it isn't just about finding their cutie marks~

I understand, I love Twilight, too!x

I was initially unreceptive to the CMCs because I thought they were going to fill the role of "annoying younger sibling/comedy relief" like Scrappy Doo, or Snarf. But it didn't take much to win me over.

The Cutie Mark Chronicles is where they really started to grow on me though. Although Applebloom became a favourite thanks to Bridle Gossip. I like the connection she and Zecora have.

I'm glad they did~ Applebloom is adorable!x

I don't love them, but I don't dislike them either. I think they're fine in small doses but if they get more and more episodes the whole cutie mark search will start to get dull.

That's fair enough~ ^~^

Small Wonders

In just about any other show, characters in this age group would drive me up the wall. They would either be too cute, or too irritating, or both.

The CMC have the ability to be that way, but the way they are actually handled in the stories is so masterful that CMC episodes are some of my favorites, with The Cutie Mark Chronicles at the top of the list.

Their running gag of trying every way but the right way to get their cutie marks is epic, and if any of them should ever actually get a cutie mark, I'm not sure how I would feel about it. It's the goal that unites them and drives them.

What would they be without the Cutie Mark Crusade? Maybe we'll find out someday. In the meantime, I not only don't dislike them, but am quite a fan.

"Ugh! These namby-pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks! They're all about finding who you really are and boring stuff like that. Come on, girls! We need action! We need Rainbow Dash!" -- Scootaloo

P.S. Scootaloo is Best Filly. B)

I agree with many of the things you have stated!x

And I don't think they should get their cutie marks until the end of the show, if I am honest. Where maybe they and the main 6 come together, and instead of worrying about their cutie marks, they all use their skills to get out of a situation/help their friends, earning them their cutie marks~ That's just me, though! >.<

The reason for which you are not so fond of Fluttershy is the very same reason that makes some not very fond of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They are seen as empty, bothersome fillie (I don't really like Scootaloo much) . Everything depends on the person's view of the characters. And it doesn't help that the show likes to play their defects up to eleven to get laughs: Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy and the Crusaders are good examples.

But I'll always love Fluttershy, even if she can be Flutterbitch at timess :3

I have noticed the show tends to do that, too. >.< And that's fair enough~ ^~^

I used to wonder what friendship could be think they were the most annoying characters on the show. I adore Apple Bloom, but when she met Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle I thought they were somewhat annoying, and I didn't like Sweetie Belle's huge lullaby song much, still don't.

But I really warmed up to them a lot, and I adore all three of them, Apple Bloom especially. Sweetie Belle I used to not like as much, but I warmed up to her too.

I understand, and I love Apple Bloom, the one I feel least connection with is Scootaloo, but that is due her not really having her own episode to showcase her own unique personality~

Who are these dislikers?? I will destroy them!@

xD ME!! I dislike them! Don't destroy me prease!x :(

Joking!x ._.

I wasn't too fond of the CMC during season one. I found their episodes to be a little boring, and they didn't really add much to the series in terms of development. The only CMC episode I really enjoyed from season one was the Cutie Mark Chronicles, and that episode mainly featured a Mane 6 storyline that was driven forward by the CMC.

I began to like them a lot more in season two, they were a lot more entertaining and likeable. They all broke out of their 'cutsie' shells and actually developed as serious characters that deserved attention. I thought that Ponyville Confidential was one of the best episodes of the season.

Don't get me wrong, they're still cute, I just think they have more character beyond being cute now.

For me, personally, I loved them from even season 1, but they really have developed more in season 2, and I understand how you feel that way~

The reason why I like her is because of her love of animals and because she's fierce when she needs to be despite being the shyest pony in [probably] all of Equestria and I think that shows courage.

I read you think she's fake but I think it has to do more with her assertiveness issues more than anything. She is nice beyond all else, but when she is pushed she goes over the edge and speaks the truth in an overly assertive way so that it may sound mean but shes really just being honest. For example, when she called Rarity/Pinkie Pie frivolous it wasn't to be mean, it was an overly assertive statement in response to what they were saying in an attempt to control the situation - but it still had some truth to it.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify her behavior or looking too much into it but I think there is a fine line between being mean just for being mean and being assertive to the point where it may appear mean... And having the Element of kindness it's something she struggles with

Eeyh, I could argue many points of yours, but you have every right to think that, and I don't really wish to debate about it further here, as I am already having a friendly one with another fan of her. >.< What I will say, though, is that I happen to disagree~

Thankoo all so much for replying!x ^_^

I think that CMC are a nice addition to the show. I like them a lot. They are like this stereotypical 7-10 yer old girls (they remind me of my niece). And I see where you come from when you say that cMC are disliked, I saw a lot of negative comments on various pony videos through YouTube regarding them being annoying, but that annoyance has it's own charm I gotta admit.

As for Fluttershy, I got an impression that she didn't get out much when she was a filly. She spends a lot of her time with animals, and while she's good at communicating with them, she's not very fond in communication with other ponies which is expressed by her being timid, shy and quiet most of the time. But now she's under influence of other 5 from the mane cast and her character development is based on what the other 5 do and we can see in "Putting your hoof down" when Pinkie Pie and Rarity show genuine concern about her assertiveness, they try to help her. Which implies that she does not have her own attitude but accepts what others think she should do. So I guess you can blame her judgement abilities for everything wrong she does, which means that she has a lot of character development left to do. But in my opinion, she's on a good track, especially because she has good friends around her that care about her.

that would end my rent on Fluttershy's psychology. :D

• Brohoof 1

I think it's because the periphery demographic of MLP is composed of significantly older people than the intended demographic, and they find it harder to identify with children characters. I know I do. It's kind of for this reason that I'm not really all that fond of them. I've never been fond of children characters in shows because I find them somewhat annoying and their plots forced onto you at times for the cute factor. Though I'm mostly neutral about the CMC. They did get good episodes in Season 2.

• Brohoof 3

First time I saw them, I hated them, mostly because I found them annoying. But it was also because they seemed to fuel the "This is a little girl show" feeling that bit at me throughout the whole first season.

The only other thing that I really disliked about them was the CMC theme song. Other than that, after the second season, I like them.

• Brohoof 1

I like the CMC :( Tho, some bronies probably hate them because they take away the spotlight from the mane 6 in their episodes, which is understandable, but I still think they're enjoyable enough :)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks to all for replying and sharing your opinions!x

Personally? I think it's an unnecessary puerility, they are obnoxious, and they frankly make some episodes painful to watch with their garish femininity and uselessness.

How can there be such thing as unnecessary puerility? Surely everyone needs that stage in life in order to grow? Even you were once that age. Obnoxious? Care to go into more detail? You are being rather vague with reasons, making it seem more as just outright name calling.

Garish femininity? They are children. All of the main cast, and CMC are females. I wouldn't say they were garishly feminine at all, only child-like. Which, whether you like it or not, is whom the show was aimed at originally.

I also beg to differ that they are useless. I would really like to see your reasoning behind your words.

I guess people find them annoying with them trying to get their CM and all to the point that's it's just so repetitive.

It would be interesting to know if the people that thought that way found Rainbow Dash annoying for always trying to get into the Wonderbolts ;)

• Brohoof 2

I personally love the CCC, it represents the kids that try to grow up too fast, while everypony else is telling them to take it slow.

On the opposite side, I can also see why they might be disliked. Lets be honest, how many episodes can the writers create revolving around the CCC "finding there calling", before fans get sick of it.

Defiantly gives the show more depth, imo.

It would be interesting to know if the people that thought that way found Rainbow Dash annoying for always trying to get into the Wonderbolts ;)

While I don't think that way, I have to point out it wouldn't be the same thing: RD says she wants to join the Wonderbolts but we don't get episodes and episodes of her trying and failing to do so.

• Brohoof 3