Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A little bit of Youtube advice/help

Master Intelligence

Hi my name is Carrick Reynolds.

I plan of making videos and uploading them to youtube.

So I decided to open this thread so I can receive advice on what to do before starting.

And about what I should do for my first video.

First video? you ask. Yes see I plan to play three MLP related flash games as kind of a introduction to my channel.

But don't know what flash games I should play.

Bonus stuff:

Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UComU1mcqBojtFTHQegaBfSQ

I plan for my channel to be about me playing different ponies games.

This could be anything pony related.

I'm already planning a series where I play Ponymon Dusk 0.4.

• Brohoof 1

Constructive Criticism incoming, feel free to ignore if you are offended by it:

Don't do a channel about pony stuff. There are already so many of them, and you're going to spend a LOT of time getting hate messages from trolls and non-bronies. Bronies have kind of oversaturated youtube at this point and you'd be fighting just to stand out from the crowd. It's not really that original or anything. It'll be a struggle just to get a decent following. It's better to do something unique that will catch people's eyes. Not to mention there are not really a LOT of MLP flash games out there, so you'll run out of material pretty fast.

Constructive Criticism incoming, feel free to ignore if you are offended by it:

Don't do a channel about pony stuff. There are already so many of them, and you're going to spend a LOT of time getting hate messages from trolls and non-bronies. Bronies have kind of oversaturated youtube at this point and you'd be fighting just to stand out from the crowd. It's not really that original or anything. It'll be a struggle just to get a decent following. It's better to do something unique that will catch people's eyes. Not to mention there are not really a LOT of MLP flash games out there, so you'll run out of material pretty fast.

I do see where you are coming from.

This is all really in beta. What my content will be is in beta. And I do welcome your critique with open arms. And do see what your saying about over saturation. And Hate........ So just one question.....If what my content would be was up to you.......What would you want to watch. 

I do see where you are coming from.

This is all really in beta. What my content will be is in beta. And I do welcome your critique with open arms. And do see what your saying about over saturation. And Hate........ So just one question.....If what my content would be was up to you.......What would you want to watch. 

Well what is it that you're passionate about? I want to watch someone who is really into what they are doing. I don't want someone to take up something they have no interest in for my sake.

Well what is it that you're passionate about? I want to watch someone who is really into what they are doing. I don't want someone to take up something they have no interest in for my sake.

I know. There is many things I am passionate about. Deciding one is hard as most of what i'm into is already over-saturated. And are all very part of me equally.

I know. There is many things I am passionate about. Deciding one is hard as most of what i'm into is already over-saturated. And are all very part of me equally.

Why not try all of them? Many variety channels do exist.

• Brohoof 1

Why not try all of them? Many variety channels do exist.

The issue is.......When I make something I have to feel it's of a certain quality. not being very good at anything beside a little bit of coding,photoshop and drawing (Which all are not up to standard). And my interests requiring sometimes completely different skills. There isn't much I can do. But the already over saturated Gaming video. Which is actually making me feel kind of worthless right now.

And is such a shame as I like many things. One of the big ones being music.

I have to respectfully disagree with KEy. Even if there's a lot of Pony stuff, it gets views. At the end of the day, that's one of the most important things.

What you DON'T want to do are Let's Plays. Everyone does those now, so they'll hardly get any new viewers to your channel. Unless you're already Youtube famous, Let's Plays should only be done as a side thing, mostly for your own enjoyment.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My advice is don't do any hack or emulation of a Nintendo game. They went on a witch hunt a while ago taking down videos of that kind of stuff and my old channel got hit hard from it.

Thank you for the advice........But I don't give a C*** about Nintendo........Their executives in 80s well at least when it comes to Transformation work.

I have to respectfully disagree with KEy. Even if there's a lot of Pony stuff, it gets views. At the end of the day, that's one of the most important things.

What you DON'T want to do are Let's Plays. Everyone does those now, so they'll hardly get any new viewers to your channel. Unless you're already Youtube famous, Let's Plays should only be done as a side thing, mostly for your own enjoyment.

I see. Problem is the only thing I know how to do (To a good quality) Let's plays. Anything I like otherwise I couldn't make into "view-able" content. This comment Above explains it well 

The issue is.......When I make something I have to feel it's of a certain quality. not being very good at anything beside a little bit of coding,photoshop and drawing (Which all are not up to standard). And my interests requiring sometimes completely different skills. There isn't much I can do. But the already over saturated Gaming video. Which is actually making me feel kind of worthless right now.

And is such a shame as I like many things. One of the big ones being music.

Edited by Coder-MP

What I do is mostly game and news commentary. Like I talk about game and tech related news and bring it to people's attention while adding my own flare.

What I do is mostly game and news commentary. Like I talk about game and tech related news and bring it to people's attention while adding my own flare.

That could work........I'll give it a try......

(Sorry for late reply......I was out cold in my bed........All that medication I take.......)