Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If bronies evolved into a political movement..

4april

I was recently wondering, if (and only if) bronies evolved into a political movement what ideals would we stand for and what would we do. Perhaps I will then combine the ideas into a Brony Manifesto blog post.

Could be something which the show depicts or which you think bronies value.

Here are some which I came up with:

• gender equality
  • decentralisation of power
  • gay rights
  • (ran out of ideas)

P.S: Do not freak out. I am not saying we now are involved in politics. Just curious to know how a brony manifesto would look.

Edited by 4april
  • Brohoof 2

Well... I don't think we could turn into an island or become a very strong political movement because there is only 7 to 12.4 million of us... Honestly with what I have been looking at we don't even have a large population compared to South Sudan....

But on a sillier side. If we became apolitical movement long ago gays would have been legal to marry ever since the beginning, women would have equal pay as men in the workplace and science would have progressed so far to where fusing eggs with eggs and sperm with sperm could create life! Both genders win! No problems whatsoever!

• Brohoof 1

You are sure about it? What would christians bronies say about it?

Oh they won't care about that, just wait till they reach the clause i've added where i've banned all worship except that for princess sunbutt. (I'm sure it'll get abolished later but it'll be a laugh. XD)

We would accomplish absolutely  nothing. There's 3 reasons for this. 

1. We don't share a political ideology. 

2. We are spread across the world. 

3. Nobody would vote for us. 

Also I would like to point out to some people that watching a cartoon doesn't make you a saint.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)
Outaw cosmetic animal testing

Definitely! Also, we will ban horse slaughter.

What else:

Tackle income inequality

Focus on people's(ponies) happiness rather than movement of the stock market.

We would accomplish absolutely  nothing. There's 3 reasons for this. 

1. We don't share a political ideology. 

2. We are spread across the world. 

Also I would like to point out to some people that watching a cartoon doesn't make you a saint.

I am not saying we will launch a political campaign tomorrow. We cannot do that as you said.

Just want to find out what we would do (differently hopefully) if we had a chance!

Edited by 4april

You'd be surprised. I've seen people vote for both a dog and a penguin for a political office, purely to show how dissatisfied they are with their current council/goverment. XD

You'd be surprised. I've seen people vote for both a dog and a penguin for a political office, purely to show how dissatisfied they are with their current council/goverment. XD
You got me there. But I don't think that enough people would do that in order for us to have any kind of political power. 

(edited)

Absolutely nothing of value. Is that a good enough answer?

Some of us might not be able to do anything of value, but other bronies will.

You got me there. But I don't think that enough people would do that in order for us to have any kind of political power. 

Again, I am not saying we should or even will contest in an election.

Edited by 4april
  • Brohoof 1

Some of us might not be able to do anything of value, but others will.
 We as a political movement wouldn't do anything of value. Mainly because of we don't share a political ideology. Also we don't really have that much in common, other then that we watch a cartoon. 

Again, I am not saying we should or even will contest in an election.
 And I'm just pointing out why we wouldn't accomplish something of value if we did.

• Brohoof 2

But what about all the bronies who don't value those things?  I know of several bronies who do not support gender equality or gay rights, including one who's a self-proclaimed misogynist.  Not the kind of people I'd want in a "political movement".  If "only bronies" evolved into a political movement, it would be...chaotic.  Some bronies are nice, and some are horrible people.  They would be too busy infighting to accomplish anything.

Simple Solution. We have an epic pony war the following Tuesday.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

True bronies wouldn't care also homophobia isn't a fear. It's being an asshat

To be true Brony, you simply need to be fan of MLPFIM. So basically if Hitler were to be resurrected and became fan of MLPFIM, he would also be Brony.

You are sure about it? What would christians bronies say about it?

To my knowledge, being Christian doesn't mean hatred towards homosexuals.

Here is a suggestion

Banning all hate speech groups like the Westboro Baptist Church, Australian Defence League, Black Supremacy groups

Preach Love and Tolerance everywhere in the world

Fly a new Rainbow coloured flag.

-Ban hate speech? As much as I hate groups like WBC, vague indicators of censorship can lead to many problems (possibility of breaking the law for misinterpreted statements or people too easily offended). Could also argue that banning these groups removes tolerance from "Love and Tolerance".

-Preach Love and Tolerance everywhere in the world like USA preaches democracy everywhere in the world? What if others don't agree with such an ideology? Would that require forcing them to accept "Love and Tolerance"? If so, that wouldn't be much love nor tolerance.

-I would personally be against rainbow flag representing Bronydom because that already represents homosexual pride which doesn't define Bronydom.

Edited by Luna the Great
  • Brohoof 7

Suppose tomorrow a mega rich brony build a huge artificial island and make it a separate country just for bronies (I would totally go live there) with everything based on mlp... We could try to instore a diarchy or even a monarchy like in Equestria, but it would only truly work with a decent monarch... But there could be interesting possibilities. Making help a secondary form of payment for example... Like instead of buying with coin, if you didn't have enough, you could do something else for the person that would equalise the value of the payment. The equivalent exchange would be nice too. From my point of view, abolishing money woul be nice too. Like in Smurf's society but it would be hard to manage so it won't be possible... Equal rights, of course, I would also like free education and health care. Also, I would think instead of prisons invest money in rehabilitation centers with psys to "convert" criminals to good. Also rights and laws protecting nature. I would imagine a very eco-friendly society that value manual labor above the factory stamping... From what I know of the mlp and the politics, The Equestrian society is based on equality, trust, and friendship. Making a similar thing is not just creating a political move. You would need to change the way people think, their culture, their mind... It would be quasi-impossible to achieve unless, as I said, somebody create a country for the purpose. But even with that, it won't last long...

• Brohoof 1

To be true Brony, you simply need to be fan of MLPFIM. So basically if Hitler were to be resurrected and became fan of MLPFIM, he would also be Brony.

Ok let me change it then. A truly nice person wouldn't care if anyone was gay

Suppose tomorrow a mega rich brony build a huge artificial island and make it a separate country just for bronies (I would totally go live there) with everything based on mlp... We could try to instore a diarchy or even a monarchy like in Equestria, but it would only truly work with a decent monarch... But there could be interesting possibilities. Making help a secondary form of payment for example... Like instead of buying with coin, if you didn't have enough, you could do something else for the person that would equalise the value of the payment. The equivalent exchange would be nice too. From my point of view, abolishing money woul be nice too. Like in Smurf's society but it would be hard to manage so it won't be possible... Equal rights, of course, I would also like free education and health care. Also, I would think instead of prisons invest money in rehabilitation centers with psys to "convert" criminals to good. Also rights and laws protecting nature. I would imagine a very eco-friendly society that value manual labor above the factory stamping... From what I know of the mlp and the politics, The Equestrian society is based on equality, trust, and friendship. Making a similar thing is not just creating a political move. You would need to change the way people think, their culture, their mind... It would be quasi-impossible to achieve unless, as I said, somebody create a country for the purpose. But even with that, it won't last long...

I like your idea of free education and health care and focus on rehabilitation of criminals. However, I do not think a monarchy would work.

• Brohoof 1

To be true Brony, you simply need to be a fan of MLPFIM. So basically if Hitler were to be resurrected and became a fan of MLPFIM, he would also be Brony.

I think I might disagree with that fellow comrade ( :pinkie:  ) . I think to be a brony is much more than simply liking the show. My little sister watches and like mlp, but this doesn't mean she is a brony. One has to truly see the magic inside of it and by so, change the very way he sees the world. A brony knows the importance of friendship and stuff and if reunited, is more prone to do good deeds. Bronies are affected by the magic of friendship they experienced from the show, and it change them into a better person. Hitler in this case would be just a "fan" because a true brony would never do things like he did. A brony tries to live as if he would in equestria, where equality and friendship are pillars of the society...

• Brohoof 3

I think I might disagree with that fellow comrade ( :pinkie:  ) . I think to be a brony is much more than simply liking the show. My little sister watches and like mlp, but this doesn't mean she is a brony. One has to truly see the magic inside of it and by so, change the very way he sees the world. A brony knows the importance of friendship and stuff and if reunited, is more prone to do good deeds. Bronies are affected by the magic of friendship they experienced from the show, and it change them into a better person. Hitler in this case would be just a "fan" because a true brony would never do things like he did. A brony tries to live as if he would in equestria, where equality and friendship are pillars of the society...

I would disagree. 4Chan described Brony as any fan of MLPFIM; MLPFIM fan = Brony. So Brony is very general term for me. But because it's such a general term, Bronydom can't easily be defined as a whole beyond everyone being fan of MLPFIM; there exists many subgroups within Bronydom. I'm sure what you described would be among many subgroups within Bronydom.

• Brohoof 2

It's very true that a typical political party is a group of individuals who all share a similar set of ideals and political standpoints, however that's part of the reason that democratic nations are not as democratic as they could be. People get to vote, but the only options are a few groups of people who have different ideas to the opposing groups, but not a whole lot of range internally.

If a political party was made of a group of individuals as varied and different as the word wide collective of Bronies, the only way any decisions could be made would have to be by majority vote, as there would always be a big difference in beliefs and opinions, and the more comprehensive a group is the better they represent the variety found in a population.

However without wanting to upset anyone - which I probably will - I have found that a fairly large portion (not most, but a fair sized number) of Bronies have pretty sheltered lives, which is not ideal for a political party, or at least not better than the out of touch stuffy old bureaucrats that we currently have, with limited experience of daily life for an average citizen. Also aside from the talented, kind and tolerant Bronies, of which there are many. I have seen a number of - very vocal - typical keyboard warriors, who are quite prone to butthurtedness, which again is not ideal when it comes to passing things through on a vote system, because there'll always be a small group so upset about every vote that didn't go their way, they'll be distracting attention from the next thing on the agenda

So in answer to the original question here, I think the group is too large and diverse to have a particular set of ideals, but perhaps not diverse enough to represent an entire nation or an international community

Edited by BPCannon
  • Brohoof 3

I really, really, really hope that never happens.

Besides, Bronies are not in any single way unified on anything aside from maybe "I can watch MLP:FiM as an adult" and believe it or not... I'm not sure even that's true of every single individual.

There are plenty of sexist Bronies. There are plenty of homophobic Bronies. Sadly, those things have even got associated with the fandom. You can disagree with that association, but it is true that these individuals exist in the fandom, and thus a political movement by Bronies would not necessarily be all about gender equality and LGBT rights.

• Brohoof 7