Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Check Out My FanFic

McMagicMan64

First of all, I suggest you get yourself an editor. This is someone who does spell and grammar checks for your story. I've already noticed a few mistakes. They're not that bad but they still really bother me. Grammar and spelling mistakes can be quite annoying for the person reading it and so can also be something to scare away readers.

I like your idea for your story but I can see you still have some trouble getting it on paper. A tip is to try to work out a timeline before you start writing your story. Think about what you want in your story and how you want it to play out. Plus never be afraid to change something. It doesn't have to be perfect the moment you put it on paper (or in this case on screen)

I also see a writer who can really grow in his/her writing. You definitely going in the right direction, especially if you keep practicing your writing. Skill is practice as they say. Even if it does take time sometimes to actually see a difference.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks, I don't have an editor or anyone who would be willing to be an editor and as a grammar fanatic myself so I can see where you are coming from, I'll just try to go through my chapters a few more times before post and I will probably do the story map you suggested. Do you have an idea for the next chapter? like back to the future or something?

• Brohoof 1

Well I haven't finished reading it entirely so I can't really think of anything yet. However, do know that writing about time travel can be very tricky. Because time travel, when it's done right, can be something amazing. However, when you write about time travel and it isn't done right (which usually result in a paradox being created), you will get a lot of negativity thrown at you. I say this out of experience. So if you do decide to do time travel, be sure to do it good. 

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

ah! Sorry, you just got me confused by 'back to the future' (as in the movie)

But the same goes for dimensional travel. It can be amazing when done right and it can also really really suck if it's not. Don't let that scare you from writing about it though.

Alternate mlp universe. Maybe a universe where the weather isn't controlled by pegasi or a universe where earthponies rule the land instead of alicorns and other magic user. I've got lots of ideas but it all depends on what you like.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, if you would like I could be your proof reader. I can check and correct most if not all spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes you may make as well as suggest other, things, for lack of a better term.

I haven't read your story yet but I will! In the fullness of time!

By which I mean right now as I go to bed.

• Brohoof 1