Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannabis

Member Berry

1 minute ago, Prometheus said:

As a former pothead myself, I do think cannabis should be legalised for recreational and medicinal use, but under similar stipulations as alcohol and tobacco, such as imposing age restrictions as well as conditions when it comes to driving or operating heavy machinery. 

yeah, as a person that wants to try cannabis but in a safe environment and not risk a decade in jail for possession, and researched the fact that it's not killed anyone in history, I agree
though don't tax it as heavily as tobacco and alcohol (especially over here)

• Brohoof 1

I personally think that it should be legalised for medical use and whatnot. As for recreational use, I'm not exactly sold on that. If it was, it would have to be extremely restricted.

• Brohoof 1

I voted to legalize it here in Michigan.

I view it as less harmful than alcohol, although I think it still should be treated like alcohol and cigarettes.

I think SOOO much law enforcement time and resources are wasted on it.

I've never done it mainly because I think it smells terrible. I also was in wood shop for 4 years and have NO desire after that.^_^ Observing some of it's effects made it very unappealing to me.

If anything, I would try something with the oils from it or some other thing you can eat someday. Not interested in the smoke though whatsoever.

:scoots: If you use it please don't go around to stores and the like with it following you like a cloud. NOT cool.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I believe it should be legalized, but legalized correctly. Some of the states make it legal but limit the amount of licenses, which in turn makes flower extremely expensive. Thus people will just stick to the black market. 

I also think anything smokable should have the general surgeon warning about it causing gum disease. 

Growing should be allowed too.

• Brohoof 1

If it's going to be legal, it should have the same regulations as any other substance like alcohol, but if it's made legal, I fear the rise of impaired drivers on the road. 

• Brohoof 1

If it really does have a medicinal benefit, then allow people who need it to use it (safely), and prevent those who just wanna smoke it for fun from using it. Cannabis, if it’s going to be viewed as a medicine, should be just that. It’s like with opioids, they’re used for medicine but shouldn’t be used for recreation.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

If it really does have a medicinal benefit, then allow people who need it to use it (safely), and prevent those who just wanna smoke it for fun from using it. Cannabis, if it’s going to be viewed as a medicine, should be just that. It’s like with opioids, they’re used for medicine but shouldn’t be used for recreation.

Yeah, I 100% agree with that!

In my view, cannabis needs to be fully legalized for both medical and recreational use with similar laws to smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. Including that, unless it is for medical use and approved by a doctor, one isn't allowed to smoke cannabis until one is 18 or 21, with similar punishment or penalties as driving while drunk or going to work drunk. So driving under the influence of cannabis would get you in trouble similar to being pulled over while drunk. Especially since research has failed to show that cannabis is worse then tobacco use or alcohol consumption, with evidence that it has far more medical benefit then either. So if smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol is legal, so should the use of cannabis. Plus, the states can then tax the use of cannabis, which generates tax revenue. Finally, the release of all imprisoned for minor drug offenses related to the use of cannabis, taking such off their criminal record.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

On 2020-09-06 at 1:09 PM, EquestrianScholar said:

I feel that cannabis should be recreationally legal, though with similar laws to cigarette smoking and drinking alcohol, such as with age and driving under the influence.
Especially since it does have so many beneficial effects, even medical use, and is not harmful. With the requirement of being an adult being for the fact the brains of teenagers are still developing, and the change in chemical balance cannabis can cause could mess that up a bit if you're not an adult. Otherwise yeah, it is complete nonsense that it's illegal. Since it is far less harmful then cigarette and alcohol, yet those are very much legal even if there can be fairly strict laws for them.

Whoops, forgot that I already replied to this thread. :adorkable:

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

My thoughts are mostly the same as my last post. I think it should be legalised for medicinal use. If it were to be legalised for recreational use, there need to be heavy regulations with very serious penalties for misuse. I know some people would be responsible with it, but let's face it, we already have enough assholes on the road as it is, so we really don't need to make it anymore dangerous than it already is.

• Brohoof 1

I am neither for nor against. But I do believe most people should give it a try. And if it is possible, introduce children with ADHD and stress disorders to cannabis for its calming effects. Please, the next holiday or family celebration. Consider gifting your loved ones a pot of weed. It doesn't matter if it is your catholic granny or your little cousin. Okay?