Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannabis

Member Berry

What's your opinion on it? Do you think it should be made legal? Recreationally or medically? 

From the latest research it HAS been proven to have many medical benefits:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4?r=US&IR=T

I just find it ridiculous how it's still illegal in Britain and many other countries. It has been proven to help chronic pain and I just wish it was legal here. I get joint pain a lot due to my medical condition and would prefer to smoke that than to take pain killers which make me feel nauseous. 

Personally I think it should be legal recreationally too. 

Quite an interesting video which talks about the actual science and sums up my opinion:

Edit: Oops. I meant to put this in the debate section. Sorry.

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 5

I believe it should be recreationally legal since it has little negative effects. It could be argued that it kills brain cells but alcohol has the same effect. Marijuana has had a negative stigma for many years due to the fact that it was introduced to America by minorities i a time of extreme racism. This prohibition on weed needs to end. The sooner the better in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I just want the day when I can get weed cakes delivered to me like in Colorado.

Somehow I don't see David Cameron being the one who's gonna give me that.

And I'm amazed there's even a debate on it's medical usage. What's the counter-argument?

• Brohoof 3

Im all for it. I feel like making it legal would make it less dangerous. Bring in some recommended usage limits, have it at actual retailers instead of shady guys on the street, and it's all good

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm just hoping we will follow America soon. I'm a 24 year old adult, I should be allowed to make the choice. My uncle is dying from alcoholism, you will never see somebody die from cannabis. It saddens me that there's still this stigma :(

Me smoking a couple of joints won't harm anybody. If it was legal they could tax the shit out of it anyway.

I know it's not much but there's going to be a positive (it seems like it's going to be positive anyway) cannabis storyline on Coronation Street soon with Izzy 

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/628145/Coronation-Street-spoiler-Izzy-Armstrong-drugs-cannabis-Erica-Hulroyd-Callum-Logan

Who funnily enough has the same disability as me. 

I'm just hoping it may help change the opinions of some people.

Edited by Conspiracy.

Considering that cigarettes and tobacco are perfectly legal and have no positive effects whatsoever, I see no reason to keep cannabis outlawed. It just seems pointless now and it is wasting tons of money, when it could be making profits instead.

• Brohoof 6

I, for one, believe it should be legalized. I have family that relies on cannabis for a multitude of reasons (including chronic pain, and in one case, to help with PTSD). If it was legalized and regulated, well, then that's just one less problem to deal with, right?

I also don't see a problem with recreational use. I can't see myself using cannabis, or in fact any drugs unless a doctor states that I need to. Just a waste of money in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

I suggest that Cannabis should be legalized for recreational use, it would improve happiness in our society and the cancer death rate would be lower.

Yeah. Imagine watching mlp while smoking a blunt.

• Brohoof 5

While I have no ill will against those who do it, to the gent above who complained of liquor, I have only this to say. That chart.... Is very inaccurate. Weed can indeed kill you, as anything else can. For starters people who have had bad allergic reactions, or bad trips that end in death. For 2. Try to skip paying your dealer and see how quickly a bullet catches you. Because the dealer will be pissed if they don't get their money over that weed. *nods* Again, I personally don't care so long as they decide to go about it proper.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm a girl :P You could have an allergic reaction to anything. I haven't ate every food in the world, I could be allergic to snail and not know. I'm allergic to certain yellow food colourings, Yellow no 5 gives me hives. The worst trip you could realistically get is a panic attack. 

And just don't be an idiot and pay your dealer if you're getting it off a dealer.

Edited by Conspiracy.

Sorry miss. ^^" Also, I'm just stating a cold hard fact. Its nothing you said or could have said. Its that chart. It states nobody period has ever died from weed. That is a fallacy and an impossible statement to make. I am for legalizing it, provided the proper channels are ran. I just think that chart, or rather its creator has obviously not thought their statement through all the way. I know a few people who are allergic to cannabis, and it can and has been lethal to people before. I understand perfectly well the point it's making as well. But still, one cannot go on the assumption that it hasn't been lethal to anybody ever. As the saying goes, Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, in hindsight that probably wasn't the greatest chart to post. If you look up the science (like the studies posted in that video I posted) you will realise that it's fairly safe though. That sucks if you are allergic to it though :/ There is a small chance you may be. My friend is allergic to lavender of all things.

I think it should certainly be regulated if it were to become legal, like alcohol is. 

Cannabis should be legal, but regulated, like regular smoking.

I don't see how it is harmful, and I think the only thing keeping it from being legalized is people not knowing it is fairly safe.

I mentioned the fact that one of my friends smokes weed every now and then at a friend's house, and that friend's mom disapproved a lot because it would be dangerous and very addictive to smoke weeeed. I still think it should be legal.

Man, now I wanna know what being high on weed is like. :c

• Brohoof 1

I tried a couple of puffs with some friends a while back, but it's not really my thing.

While it has a variety of positive effects and it's not permanently harmful, it's not something you want to keep doing for a prolonged period of time, like any other substance. It dries you down and makes you hungry as heck too.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It does annoy me when some people claim that cannabis has no side effects, lol really? It makes you hungry, gives you a dry mouth, effects your short-term memory etc. It's whether or not the benefits outweigh those effects. 

Just found another interesting video on how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeF6rFN9org

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm anti drugs and anti smoking but I think it should be legalised as criminalising it is pointless and achieves nothing.

However I still don't think it should be encouraged or condoned, despite what people say or believe it does destroy people's health as smoking anything be it cannabis or tobacco is harmful, it causes damage to the lungs and increases the risk of cancer.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's why a lot of people who use cannabis vape instead of smoke.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catferguson/vaping-weed#.ubQXdlplL

:)

There are people who smoke weed are actually quite health conscious. It's just a herb at the end of the day. 

A big problem with smoking weed in Britain is that a lot of people mix weed with tobacco. Mostly because tobacco is a lot cheaper than weed which is quite sad really.

Edited by Conspiracy.

Legalise it and tax it = profit.

It will end the stupid fear mongering as well.