Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should there be a lego mlp?

Artimis Whooves

I would love to see Lego MLP! That would so awesome but that would mean Hasbro would have to co operates with Lego witch seems unlikely. Hasbro might have a easier time with Lego knock off companies, like Mega Blocks.

• 1 year later...

I am sorry for the necro-post, but I will definitely answer this one. Hasbro and LEGO would be impossible to co-operate. There was an idea at LEGO CUUSOO, here is an official answer from LEGO.

Decision on the IP's fit with the LEGO Brand

Jun 04, 2012
First and foremost, congratulations to Addam for gaining so many supporters for this very well done concept on LEGO CUUSOO. The work you have put into the concepts for potential LEGO renditions of My Little Pony figures and playsets is outstanding.

We know My Little Pony is very popular, and these concepts would make great products. Our team has done our due diligence. Since the property is owned by Hasbro we've decided it’s neither a brand fit nor a strategic fit for the LEGO Group to pursue a My Little Pony license, and so we will not consider My Little Pony projects on LEGO CUUSOO further. We see how enthusiastic and hopeful MLP fans are at the possibility of a LEGO line and are sorry to be the bearers of this disappointing news.

Since LEGO CUUSOO opens us to new product suggestions, naturally people will suggest concepts that aren’t a strategic fit. We are grateful for the spirit behind projects like the My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic project. It keeps us sharp and looking toward the future of the LEGO brick.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, no doubt would this be amazing :D. I’m a huge LEGO fan, specifically dimensions gaming and have been wondering if they could ever bring MLP into the dimensions world and make playsets. 

It’s really disheartening :blush: to hear that LEGO does not foresee it being “a fit” to work with Hasbro and vice versa I’m sure. 

Why is this? Is Hasbro really uncooperative when partnering with people? Can’t they reach a licensing agreement similar to Disney and others? Or is the Disney license one of the hurdles they have with LEGO? :okiedokieloki:

From a fan who really wants it, I could also see it could be a cash cow! But maybe Hasbro doesn’t want to share? 

Ugh I really hate knock off legos, so I hope they don’t go that route. I’d rather go without than have knockoffs personally. :orly:

Yeah believe it or not Hasbro has probably not partnered with Lego because they already have a partnership licensing agreement with the 2nd brick competitor company know as MegaBlocks. I've seen officially licensed Transformers MegaBlocks sets so that probably explains it. They are just in an existing partnership with MegaBlocks so they wouldn't want to partner with Lego to avoid getting sued by MegaBlocks for illegally breaking their contract. :)  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...