general Do you feel school does enough adult training?

ManaMinori

Not at all. Schools are more aligned to prepare you for finding a career rather than teaching you how to adult. Which is a shame because almost everyone after Highschool or college needs to know how to do those things. And if someone doesn’t teach them they have to figure it out on their own, potentially compromising their finances with bills, credit scores, home ownership. And some people just don’t have the resources to learn, so they’re kind of screwed outright. It’s not super hard to understand once you’re at a certain age I think. But it should still be covered just a little bit in school. 

Wjp2DTZ.jpg          

§I Was Born Awesome, Not Perfect§

On 1/14/2016 at 1:19 AM, Bakugou is my Man said:

I honestly don't think that schools teach enough of the basics.

I think that every high school should have a life 101 class where they teach students how to do things like change tires, tie a tie, sew a button, etc. etc.

(Lul for replying to a old post) BUT I AGREE!!!! I mean me growing up on a farm etc I knew how to pretty much tear down a car if needed but the number of folks now days mostly in more urban settings that call a TOW TRUCK just because of a flat tire is sad.....

8r6aiHM.png

Probably not. At least not here where I live.

You have to be trained in many things to make the world go round. The schools are teaching important stuff. Adults usually take care of themselves, and don't need training.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nope. My high school required everyone to take a semester economics class, but it doesn't teach much outside of taxes, very basic money management, and stocks. More than anything, school teaches you to retain information for a short amount of time, then forget about it. It's basically only major-related classes in college that have any real purpose.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash Fanatic

"You stroll down memories of younger, brighter times 'cause you never realize what you've got till you leave it all behind." ~ dBPony

"So we’re here at the end, did we teach you well, my friend? Don’t look so sad to see us go, after the rain comes rainbows." ~ Princewhateverer

"Darlin' you'll be okay." ~ Vic Fuentes

1 hour ago, Booker said:

Nope. My high school required everyone to take a semester economics class, but it doesn't teach much outside of taxes, very basic money management, and stocks. More than anything, school teaches you to retain information for a short amount of time, then forget about it. It's basically only major-related classes in college that have any real purpose.

I wish I had that class in school. All my schools have offered besides the required stuff is statistics. 

• Brohoof 1

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

Not at all, I don't know about your school in your countries, but here "adult training" is inexistant !
And it's really funny because you sometimes have teacher that tells you to be more mature, but... what the hell b**** nobody ever teached me that, so leave me alone and let me be a teenager  :laugh:
Even in university or college you're so focused on work and studies that they don't have the time for all that.
I would have loved to know how to make my taxes, how to chose a bank, an insurance etc...

But hey...that's life !