Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Super Bowl 50

PiratePony

Tilden is single handedly costing the Broncos. Taunted last quarter, and now a flagrant facemask...no good.

Exciting that Newton's shown up to play.

Oh great offsides by Tilden as I type this.

Thanks #21!!!!

Impressions from the first half:

* Denver's defense is REALLY good. They've lived up to the hype.

* Denver's offense is not really good. They're blowing their opportunities and should be up by a lot more than 6.

* Cam Newton is dog-tired, showing signs of nerves, but his tremendous talent shows through in flashes.

* Talib should be ashamed of himself. You're in a Super Bowl, your team is ahead on the scoreboard...calm down. Play defense in a manner that you and your children can be proud of when you look back on this 40 years later.

* I have never been less interested in a halftime show in my life. Coldplay at a Super Bowl? That's why I'm up here in my room posting instead of watching the show downstairs. xD  ("At least it's not Bieber," my mom said.) Actually I don't like any of the four artists they've got here. Think I'll listen to some Fats Domino instead!

• Brohoof 2

Impressions from the first half:

* Denver's defense is REALLY good. They've lived up to the hype.

* Denver's offense is not really good. They're blowing their opportunities and should be up by a lot more than 6.

* Cam Newton is dog-tired, showing signs of nerves, but his tremendous talent shows through in flashes.

* Talib should be ashamed of himself. You're in a Super Bowl, your team is ahead on the scoreboard...calm down. Play defense in a manner that you and your children can be proud of when you look back on this 40 years later.

* I have never been less interested in a halftime show in my life. Coldplay at a Super Bowl? That's why I'm up here in my room posting instead of watching the show downstairs. xD  ("At least it's not Bieber," my mom said.) Actually I don't like any of the four artists they've got here. Think I'll listen to some Fats Domino instead!

AGreed, Talib needs to get his attitude in check

• Brohoof 2

Not a fan of football to be honest, but I can see the appeal of it. Though, I’ve never given it a chance, if I had cable, I might watch it. I do keep up on scores and standings, though.

I’d be one of those guys who supports the local team. So, I’d support the Bills. I know, they suck, sue me. I don’t know why, but I hate when people bandwagon on teams that win every game. Like New England. All my buddies at work hate the Pats and especially Brady. And they’ve been accused of cheating from what I heard.
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I didn't see a thread for the NFL in general, not just the Super Bowl.
Good game, Broncos, by the way^^
  • Brohoof 1

Panthers made too many mistakes, inexperience and nerves probably. Bronco defense while it was great, was lucky the panthers didn't have the same confidence and swagger they did during the regular season, divisional and NFC championship games. 

Overall the panthers really just beat themselves and missed many opportunities that might have change the outcome of this game, Although though the botched call at the start of the game definitely helped set the tone.

But congrats to the broncos and peyton manning none the less

You u no like coldplay, or bruno mars?

.......ok *silently cries to himself* 

Edited by The Real 1990
  • Brohoof 1

Impressions from the second half:

* DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. 10 out of 12 times now, when a team with the NFL's #1 defense makes it to the Super Bowl, they have won it.

* Turnovers everywhere. However, Denver was able to recover from theirs and ride the momentum of their defense all the way to the end. Carolina's cost them any chance at a win.

* I felt that if Denver couldn't score an offensive touchdown, they would lose the game. Carolina still could have caught fire and gone downfield for a TD to go up 17-16. When Cam was stripped of the ball and Anderson ran it in for Denver, I finally relaxed. It was over.

* What a way for Peyton Manning to go out, if he does choose to retire. The guy still takes a lot of flak just for not winning more Super Bowls or not being as good as Tom Brady, or whatever. But he's one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and he deserves this moment.

* Cam Newton was seriously humbled tonight, and he'll be better for it. Next time we see him here, he'll be a wiser and more composed player.

• Brohoof 1