Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler |Teaser!|MLP: FIM Season 6 first shots preview!..

IvaCatheriaNoid

I think it is more along the lines that they were surprised to see she was an Alicorn. Which is interesting, because that was my first reaction when seeing the image, then I watched the trailer thing itself and the characters all seem really surprised about it. This does make me wonder some things and makes my mind go into thinking mode.

Someone else in this thread referenced FH's wings popping out like Dumbo's ears unfolding from behind his head. In that film, Dumbo's ears were scrutinized by other elephants and mercilessly bullied for "looking like a freak." I wonder if we'll get something similar, only by not having some jackass insult her.

And why? Because people care about this show. And it least in my case, story was one of the reasons I really kept coming back.

Yes, but I have noticed some people have felt the show has been subpar since season 3 and yet... They are still here to complain about stuff in season 6. Don't you think after 3 years of Hasbro proving they are NEVER going to go back on decisions that involve pushing toy sales that they never will regardless of how much complaining bronies may or may not do? Alicorn Twilight, Cadance being an Alicorn, Equestria Girls, they all stayed.

My issue is that we DO have some people who have been doing nothing but go on about how the show has not been very good since season 2 and yet... They're still here as if holding onto this magical belief that suddenly everything they don't like about the newer episodes will just be undone at some point and the show will go back to like it was during season 2 undoing everything they didn't like. Like it begs the question of why they keep watching. I have seen people who have literally given every episode after season 2's finale low scores and yet they keep watching. After 2 seasons of supposedly "low quality" you'd think people would realize that things are not going to go back.

Like I remember people legitimately thinking that Season 5 was going to end with Twilight becoming a unicorn again and when it didn't happen they were upset.

Someone else in this thread referenced FH's wings popping out like Dumbo's ears unfolding from behind his head. In that film, Dumbo's ears were scrutinized by other elephants and mercilessly bullied for "looking like a freak." I wonder if we'll get something similar, only by not having some jackass insult her.

I personally think everyone is looking a bit too far in the future.

I think the show will probably end before we ever get to that point.

But it's great fuel for fan work.

• Brohoof 1

Whether FIM will get to the point or not remains to be seen. She's gonna appear during the middle of the premiere, part 1, so it's likely she'll appear in part 2, too. Perhaps we could get some more Dumbo references throughout the two-parter.

Agreed with the final point, though.

Unless after the opener, we skip 10 years, seeing the CMC arc is more or less done.

They're "bowing" to Twilight. They've been doing that off and on since she ascended.

But that's how I'm reading it.

Maybe. But if nothing was wrong, then they would be smiling. Also there wouldn't be material for a two-parter. I sincerely hope something is wrong, because a normal old Alicorn being just freaking added means 1) it needs a role 2) that means screen time 3) another demigod fluttering around, making 5 demigods 4) Seasonal rot as the writers struggle to fit her in.

And for those of you referencing dumbo, if they go that route, it's fakking idiotic. Because themes of insecurity and bullying have already been done. At best it will be a carbon copy of dumbo. At worst it would just rehash lessons already taught.

Either there needs to be a catch, or I want to see as little of Flurry as possible.

Maybe. But if nothing was wrong, then they would be smiling. Also there wouldn't be material for a two-parter. I sincerely hope something is wrong, because a normal old Alicorn being just freaking added means 1) it needs a role 2) that means screen time 3) another demigod fluttering around, making 5 demigods 4) Seasonal rot as the writers struggle to fit her in.

And for those of you referencing dumbo, if they go that route, it's fakking idiotic. Because themes of insecurity and bullying have already been done. At best it will be a carbon copy of dumbo. At worst it would just rehash lessons already taught.

Either there needs to be a catch, or I want to see as little of Flurry as possible.

I think you need to chill. Take a deep breath and expand your mind to be receptive to new ideas.

I'm fitting Princess McFlurry into my fanon universe as we speak, drawing her interacting with one of my second gens. I'll bet you I can seamlessly fit ANYTHING they throw at us into it and make it fun. 83

Also, I don't personally count ALL alicorns as demigods.

Just natural ones like Luna and Celestia... and now McFlurry I suppose!

Well have to see.

Edited by ShadOBabe

I'm fitting Princess McFlurry into my fanon universe as we speak, drawing her interacting with one of my second gens. I'll bet you I can seamlessly fit ANYTHING they throw at us into it and make it fun. 83

Same here....granted I'm on 6 or 7th gens right now.....But I'll make it work.

• Brohoof 1

I think you need to chill. Take a deep breath and expand your mind to be receptive to new ideas.

Also, I don't personally count ALL alicorns as demigods.

Just natural ones like Luna and Celestia... and now McFlurry I suppose!

Well have to see.

Okay. So assuming that, another demigod. What does she control? The rotation of the Earth?

And maybe it's good for fanfic writers, and cool that you're good with it. But for Story-based and Character-based bronies, this is a travesty that contradicts everything we read, saw in the show, and heard from the writers. Unless she's just a defect. or just a pegacorn or something.

Okay. So assuming that, another demigod. What does she control? The rotation of the Earth?

And maybe it's good for fanfic writers, and cool that you're good with it. But for Story-based and Character-based bronies, this is a travesty that contradicts everything we read, saw in the show, and heard from the writers. Unless she's just a defect. or just a pegacorn or something.

I was actually thinking... "Princess of New Beginnings"...

Like the image of a freshly fallen snow flurry. <3

Looking at the at her wings, she has graded wings like her mom, 

And she could be the princess of Magic....that is still open....

Who am i kidding Starlight getting that one.

There is still the TimeSpace angel....or light/dark angel.....Just look at pokemon and legendaries are princesses, well get something.

Looking at the at her wings, she has graded wings like her mom, 

And she could be the princess of Magic....that is still open....

Who am i kidding Sunset Shimmer getting that one.

There is still the TimeSpace angel....or light/dark angel.....Just look at pokemon and legendaries are princesses, well get something.

Fixed that for you.

I was actually thinking... "Princess of New Beginnings"...

Like the image of a freshly fallen snow flurry. <3

I'd hold that off for the opener. She might not even be an Alicorn. There could very well be a catch.

Fixed that for you.I'd hold that off for the opener. She might not even be an Alicorn. There could very well be a catch.

I'm highly, highly doubtful she's going to be a "pegacorn" or anything like that.

• Brohoof 1

I, for one, am really looking forward to the next season... and I don't really HAVE any complaints.

Regardless of what characters get a focal episode, who we don't see, what kind of silliness they come up with or where the storyline goes, I will be right there in front of my TV, with my Lil' Bitty, cheering for the heroes with her.  My 9 year old daughter is the reason I started watching MLP in the first place, and I could think of no better way to enjoy the magic than with my little girl.

Everyone else is welcome to complain or speculate; when I'm watching the new season with Bitty curled up next to me on the couch, nothing else will matter.

Bring on the pones.  }:>

Wait, no Night Light and Twilight Velvet? Are you kidding me? They went to their son's wedding. They went to their daughter's coronation. Why aren't they there for the birth of their first bucking granddaughter?

• Brohoof 1

Wait, no Night Light and Twilight Velvet? Are you kidding me? They went to their son's wedding. They went to their daughter's coronation. Why aren't they there for the birth of their first bucking granddaughter?

Because there is obviously a problem here maybe? Because they have other duties, or because going to the CE from Canterlot simply wasn't workable on the given daY? Any number of reasons.

I'm highly, highly doubtful she's going to be a "pegacorn" or anything like that.

But, even the writers have said that no Alicorns are born, except Tia and Luna.

I really hope that something is really, really, wrong and it isn't a stupid Dumbo plot.