Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Crimson Requiem (OOC & Database)

Redeye

Link to the IC Thread: https://mlpforums.com/topic/149749-crimson-requiem-ic/

So, I started another RP a while back called Evanescence. People stopped posting there, and eventually I did, too. So maybe I can start over with a clean slate by creating a more interesting, less complex roleplay.

Of course, "less complex" is an understatement because I'm going to base this RP around actual RPG elements rather than text, talk, and sweet FA. Let's get down to the basics.

~~~~~~~~~~

Crimson Requiem is a complicated, yet interesting story inspired by RWBY, with my own twisted imagination thrown in to make it spicier.

The roleplay revolves around individual players attending a special Military Force known as MEO. (Malevolence Elimination Organization) Warriors of all shapes, sizes, ages, and genders may enter in order to fight back against both Monsters and Criminal Syndicates alike.

The organization is run by the Kingdom of Merlin. In MEO, all applicants will be forced to spend an entire year training their abilities, and will eventually be given missions as a final exam. Afterwards, they will be enlisted into the official MEO task force. 6 heroes, along with their allies, will attend this special military camp, in hopes of becoming Soldiers of MEO...

Monsters are abhorrent creatures formed from Human beings. It has been scientifically proven that Monsters are created when Humans reach a heightened level of Ferocity, achieved by frequent and powerful negative emotions, or insidious behavior. Once a Human has become a Monster, they can never go back, and will live as a mindless predator for a long time until they die. There are SOME special cases when it comes to Monsters, but such things are not easy to come across.

~~~~~~~~~~~

GAMEPLAY ASPECTS

Potential is a secret "Superpower" that resides within every human being. Potential is exclusive among individuals, meaning that nobody has the same abilities as another. Individuals only have 1 Potential, and cannot have multiple.

Perks are special enhancements that an individual can purchase for themselves by spending Spirit Points. Spirit Points are obtained by leveling up, a common term referring to someone increasing their powers. However, there is such thing as a Maximum Capacity.....

Stats

Stats are divided into 4 categories. Each player starts with a set amount of stats depending on which Birthrune you choose.

• Vitality (VIT) affects your character's Health (HP). Each character starts off with a Base HP amount of 5. Your Maximum HP increases by 1 for every point of VIT you have.
  • Strength (STR) affects the damage you deal when attacking. Your STR is determined by your stats alone. Weapons do not affect your STR. Having an STR of 5, for example, means that you will deal 5 damage to an enemy by default, excluding defenses and bonuses and such.
  • Dexterity (DEX) affects your chances of landing a Critical Hit. Critical Hits deal Double Damage when triggered. Your chances of landing a Critical Hit are determined by your DEX stat. Having a DEX of 6 means that you have a 6% chance of landing a Critical Hit.
  • Acrobatics (ACR) affects your chances of dodging Enemy Attacks. Having a High ACR increases your chances of avoiding damage from enemies. Keep in mind, however, that enemies also have ACR. Enemies with high ACR have an increased chance of dodging YOUR attacks as well. Having an ACR of 2 means that you have a 2% chance of dodging enemy attacks.

Each of these stats have a hard cap of 20. They are automatically increased by 1 upon leveling up, which is achieved by earning Experience (XP) upon winning battles.

~~~~~~~~~~

PLAYER LIST:

rolle (as Etherius and Mepherit)

Hederik (as Alexandr and Tara)

Waffle (as Calandra)

Jellal Fernandes (as Estiel)

Colenso Rivers (as Encious)

~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: OP Post trimmed down since Player Entries are now closed!

Character Database

Controlled Characters

Etherius

Level: 1

XP: 1/5

Birthrune: Assassin

HP: 6/6

VIT: 1 | STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | ACR: 2

Weapon: Claws of Unmaking

Potential: Etheris Awakening | STR + 1 when Left Eye is Open, ACR + 1 when Right Eye is Open

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Aur on Hand: 0

Perks: None

Current Condition: Active

Mepherit

Birthrune: Guardian

HP: 8/8

VIT: 3 | STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | ACR: 2

Weapon: Svartalfheim Reaper | Alfheim's Barrier

Potential: Perfect Shield | 1/10 Chance to protect Etherius from any attack, takes 1 extra damage for 2 turns afterwards

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Alexandr

Birthrune: Brawn

VIT: 3 | STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | ACR: 1

Weapon: Impasse's Box

Potential: Tactical Force | Using Pawns make his next attack deal 1 Bonus Damage, using Rooks allows him to perform a Dash Attack, using Knights increases his mobility, using Bishops increase his ACR by 1 for the rest of battle, but cannot be stacked, and using Kings will switch the positions of both Tara and himself. Queen effect unknown.

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tara

Birthrune: Glass Cannon

VIT: 1 | STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | ACR: 2

Weapon: Reine Machette | Backup Blades | Tarot Deck

Potential: Tarot Deck | Cards can be used as projectiles by default. In Melee range, she can transform her cards into a Card Fan that has a 3% extra Critical Hit rate, or a Card Club that deals 2 extra damage compared to her normal attacks. During battle, Tara has 20 Cards. These Cards replenish at the end of battle. Throwing Cards consumes 1 card per attack, using the Card Fan consumes 3, and using the Card Club consumes 5. Tara cannot use cards once she runs out.

Cards on Hand: 20

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Calandra

Birthrune: Brawn

VIT: 3 | STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | ACR: 1

Weapon: Alloy Sword | Alloy Suit

Potential: Living Pyre | Allows for Pyrokinetic Magic casting. Calandra has an internal temperature known as Pyromanic Temperature (PT). Calandra, by default, has a PT of 2. She can unleash her PT level up to 3 once per battle in order to increase her STR, DEX, and ACR by 2 for 2 turns. If her HP reaches 3 points or below, Calandra drops down to a PT of 1. At 1 PT, her STR is reduced by 1, and she cannot use fire magic until she restores her lost Health. At a PT of 1, her Alloy Sword obtains a Lifesteal Effect that allows her to heal 1 HP upon attacking an enemy with it. Once her HP restores back above 3, her PT goes back to 2, and her STR penalty and Lifesteal ability go away.

Current PT: 2

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Estiel

Birthrune: Assassin

VIT: 1 | STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | ACR: 2

Weapon: Great Blood Blade | Nightfall | Nocturne

Potential: Vampiric Manifestation | When receiving an attack that would normally kill Estiel, he will instead be guaranteed a 100% dodge. This effect may only happen once per battle. He may also turn into Bats as an attack.

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

Encious

Birthrune: Duelist

VIT: 1 | STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | ACR: 3

Weapon: Nehmon's Mausoleum | Samsara

Potential: Down Drive | Upon reaching 50% HP or Below, Encious releases an attack that lowers all enemy STR and ACR by 50%. The amount of turns this lasts is equal to Encious' current HP / 10, rounded up. Encious will steal 50% of the strongest enemy's STR and ACR for his own, but the amount he steals may only hard cap to +3 for each stat. This effect may only happen once per battle.

Inventory:

-

-

-

-

-

-

NPC's

N/A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

Just at a glance, aren't VIT and STR a little strong when compared to DEX and ACR? I mean, the difference between STR 1 and 3 is that an enemy will take thrice as few blows to be felled, whereas DEX 1 vs DEX 3 may not become apparent without there being hundreds of attacks being made... I suppose if it affected the stat's grow rate, that would be something to consider, but they all raise by a flat 1 per level. Perhaps they are tied to these Perks - I assume there will be a finite catalog of choices in that matter, some utilizing the stats in more ways than the basics described in your post.

Anyway... does the exclusion of "text, talk, and such" point towards any descriptions of characters' actions being inconsequential? Because I doubt that by the quality of the above post. Therefore that would mean you just deride the SOL element of RPing and intend to focus solely on kicking ash, yes?

And finally -- do you foresee not being into anime, RWBY or otherwise as posing a problem in enjoying your RP? Is there a minimal level of necessary knowledge about the setting, the universe and such? Or will a total outsider be able to just plunge in and roll with things as they come?

Just at a glance, aren't VIT and STR a little strong when compared to DEX and ACR? I mean, the difference between STR 1 and 3 is that an enemy will take thrice as few blows to be felled, whereas DEX 1 vs DEX 3 may not become apparent without there being hundreds of attacks being made... I suppose if it affected the stat's grow rate, that would be something to consider, but they all raise by a flat 1 per level. Perhaps they are tied to these Perks - I assume there will be a finite catalog of choices in that matter, some utilizing the stats in more ways than the basics described in your post.

Anyway... does the exclusion of "text, talk, and such" point towards any descriptions of characters' actions being inconsequential? Because I doubt that by the quality of the above post. Therefore that would mean you just deride the SOL element of RPing and intend to focus solely on kicking ash, yes?

And finally -- do you foresee not being into anime, RWBY or otherwise as posing a problem in enjoying your RP? Is there a minimal level of necessary knowledge about the setting, the universe and such? Or will a total outsider be able to just plunge in and roll with things as they come?

At the end of the day, at maximum level, you're going to be left with 20 DEX and ACR, which would result in a 20% chance of doing stuff. (Pretty high, imo) So, essentially, those stats will become more useful later on. And yes, there are some perks that manipulate your stats, as well.

You can disregard that thing I said. There will be plenty of text and talk, it's just that I plan on adding rpg-like battles in between to make the RP less of a Giant Conversation and more of an actual perilous adventure.

I'm only borrowing a few concepts from the show. People who aren't into anime shouldn't be turned down, as I'm not directly copying anything besides, like, 2 things. It should be fine.

This is intruiging. However, before I go through the effort of turning my head to a character, I must ask- what is your planned RP posting schedule? If it's relatively slow-moving, I should be able to find the time to participate; if it's much more fast-paced, I'm not sure I'll be able to.

But this is an intriguing concept; I'd love to participate if I can.

This is intruiging. However, before I go through the effort of turning my head to a character, I must ask- what is your planned RP posting schedule? If it's relatively slow-moving, I should be able to find the time to participate; if it's much more fast-paced, I'm not sure I'll be able to.

But this is an intriguing concept; I'd love to participate if I can.

I don't really have much of a schedule. I'll give you as much time as you need to make a move, as long as you don't go overboard. I don't exactly want to wait 3 days in between posts, or else the RP will die out eventually, which I don't want to happen.

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

@@Redeye,

Once a day's about what I aim for. If I can't do that (say, I have something going on) I'll let you know. :catface:

Alright, let me get hip-deep into character creation. I'll juggle some things and scheme up a backstory- I'll come back with a character to be reviewed by you.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, those answers satisfy me. One more thing before I too delve into the abyssal realm of character creation: would you be adverse to having a duo under one player? I do have a sketchy idea in mind, but it would require using two at once. I do not insist, however; I should just as easily be able to come up with some single-bodied entity to enter.

Okay, those answers satisfy me. One more thing before I too delve into the abyssal realm of character creation: would you be adverse to having a duo under one player? I do have a sketchy idea in mind, but it would require using two at once. I do not insist, however; I should just as easily be able to come up with some single-bodied entity to enter.

I'm fine with that. I don't mind doing a little bit more work. I'll just have to take a look and give it the OK.

You have... Made me interested, so I guess I'll make a try.

Name - Etherius Malvaleine

Birthrune - Assassin

Sex - Male

Age - 23

Bio - A man whose history is unknown. He is known around MEO as the shadow female, whenever he hears this name directed at him he gets a bit annoyed which can be heard in his voice. He tries to act calm due to his overboard emotions. He also sounds like a girl, which the nickname shadow female partly came from, he doesn't like it whenever someone calls him a girl but tries to hide the fact that he does.

Potential Etheris awakening - When he removes or something else causes his bandages that are covering his eyes to be removed he unleashes an eerie aura that covers his whole body making him stronger if he has his left eye open and faster if he has his right eye. He cannot open both at the same time. Shifting from one eye to the other causes a strong headache.

Weapon(s) Claws of Unmaking - Underneath his arm armor he has two tattoos that whenever he wants to activates a sequence of muscle fiber and bone structure reforming procedure. After this both of his arms turn into that of a demon's. They're pure black and end up in claws, along the way his muscles and bones has been enlarged. His bones protrude from the side to create forward and backwards spikes, if one were to look closely it would resemble a mouth, with the spikes being the fangs of a wild beast

Appearance - He is 5'3, due to his training which hindered his growth, his body is not too muscular or too little. He has almost no fat but his chest due to the armored layer underneath looks bigger than a male's of his height and build, overall his build is almost as small as possible for a human to help him hide until the right moment and when in a fight be able to reflexivly avoid damage with ease. He wears a set of armor made for stealth in mind. His arms are covered in a black stretchy kind of leather smooth to the touch but still resilient, on his elbows he has a thicker set of grey leather that isn't as stretchy but is more resiliant, it is however formed like a sphere with the thickest part being at the tip of the elbow, on his hands he wield gloves made from black bandages to cover up the remaining areas people would be able see his tattoos. His chest piece as stated earlier goes up higher near the chest area due to having a second layer of armor underneath to protect vital organs while not sacrificing mobility. The chest piece stretches all the way up to cover his mouth like a mask, the mask piece can be removed by simply pulling it down however. It then stretches down until it hits the start of the leg armor which goes down to the knees with the same leather as the arm guards are made of while the rest of the way down it is in a similiar style bandage as his hands. The bandage that is covering his eyes is black as well but are more grey in colour. His eyes underneath them have an emerald colour and his hair is black with some gray mixed into it. His hair goes down to his elbows.

That... Became a semi-long appearance description. Wasn't meant to be that long and I know I should cut it down a bit but... I'm sure you've seen longer and its fun to read stuff anyway, right?

• Brohoof 2

Potential Etheris awakening - When he removes or something else causes his bandages that are covering his eyes to be removed he unleashes an eerie aura that covers his whole body making him stronger if he has his left eye open and faster if he has his right eye. He cannot open both at the same time. Shifting from one eye to the other causes a strong headache.

Interesting character. So he's essentially blindfolded with bandages and such, which ties in to his potential?

So the bandages much be removed for the whole thing to work. How would you want the eye thing to be handled? Right now, I'm thinking of making his Left Eye give him a boost in STR or DEX and his Right Eye give him a boost in ACR. I'm assuming you want his Left Eye to affect his Dexterity because of the Assassin birthrune?

With the headache part, I'm probably just going to leave that as an aesthetic. Can't exactly give it a malus effect because of his build, which makes him have less Health than most people.

EDIT: One thing I should add, it's about his Bio, is that the RP starts with everyone entering the MEO facility for their first time, for their first day of training. Do you want the whole "Shadow Female" thing come into play later on, then?

Edited by Redeye

Interesting character. So he's essentially blindfolded with bandages and such, which ties in to his potential?

So the bandages much be removed for the whole thing to work. How would you want the eye thing to be handled? Right now, I'm thinking of making his Left Eye give him a boost in STR or DEX and his Right Eye give him a boost in ACR. I'm assuming you want his Left Eye to affect his Dexterity because of the Assassin birthrune?

With the headache part, I'm probably just going to leave that as an aesthetic. Can't exactly give it a malus effect because of his build, which makes him have less Health than most people.

I'll respond in numbers. Makes it easier to keep track of.

1) Yes, basically.

2) I'm gonna flip a coin... heads for str and tails for dex, the result was heads so str. The right eye was ACR yes. (I'm a bad decision maker, thats why I flipped a coin)

3) That's fine. I can still create logical posts with it either way. Oh and to more explain his fat-ratio, it is not so much that he has bad health but so that he is at a borderline risk of being in bad health. Just to further explain it since I realized it was kind of vague when I described it.

• Brohoof 1

Sheesh, this took a while.

Okay, so I know this theme has been done so many times it's almost pathetic. But I haven't done it yet and it sounds fun. Plus, it plays well to the theme. I've messed around with the sequence of information, so that there is a logical continuity of thought from one category to another. Plus, the bio is done for both at once and pretty crude, but I didn't want to go against something about the world by going too deep into detail... plus this provides an opportunity for some exploration of said past at later points in time.

Stalemate's potential may seem like a lot, but it is fairly easy to temper with limiting the number and type of figures available, as well as attaching a pretty slow regeneration rate - carving a chess figure from a raw block of stone doesn't usually happen overnight, after all.

Alexandr K. 'Stalemate' Sparrow

Sex: male

Age: hard to judge, but probably in his thirties or fourties

Birthrune: brawn

Appearance: With nearly seven feet worth of height and beyond 300 pounds living weight, Alexandr is a lumbering giant of a man. His build isn't exactly athletic, but there is enough muscle to him that in conjunction with his build makes him a terrifying sight to behold. The fear is prone to disappear once the behemoth's face is looked upon, however: pockmarked and scarred, with one side of the mouth constantly at a slight droop, it is the face of an unlucky simpleton. Unevenly shaved, square chin and thick brows so bushy they almost meet in the middle of his forehead above foggy, baby blue eyes too small for his face complete the image of a bumbling moron.

Character: Alexandr is slow in most things: reacting, understanding, speaking (if he does at all) trusting and getting angry. He will ignore most of what's going on around him until it smashes him in the face. Several times, sometimes. Unless something goes amiss concerning his charge, in which circumstance he will be in the offender's face faster than you can say "relative speed limit". All the prejudiced opinion about him goes to trash once a chessboard is set in front of him. Moving the pieces with nary a thought, he has bested mostly anyone he's ever come across with ease. Similarly shocking are his raw mathematical predisposition - while absolutely ignorant about any advanced theories, laws and whatnot, he will effortlessly perform operations on huge numbers in the blink of an eye and momentarily solve complex equations after barely glancing at them.

Weapons: Wherever he goes, Sparrow brings a deep metal suitcase that in the hands of any other man would appear huge, but to him isn't much of a burden. On one side, under dirt, rust and countless nicks and cuts a name and logo of some company is just barely visible, albeit irrevocably indistinguishable. On the other, a chessboard is crudely drawn. It is plainly visible that the lines have been repainted many times, not always exactly on top of the previous layer. With the overall state of the container, that should not come as much of a surprise.

Whenever presented with an opportunity, Alex will sit down and begin carving chess pieces from elongated, clearly cut cubes of some kind of rock taken out of the suitcase. Besides these the only contents of it are carving tools: a few different chisels and hammers. All seemingly harmless - until it is taken into consideration how much momentum there is beyond any of them when held by a man of this posture.

Besides...

Potential: Although he is usually reluctant to do this, if need be, Alexandr can smash one of the carved figures to unleash a temporary burst of power depending on the type of figure destroyed.

Pawn: A single blow of his fist becomes empowered to the point of allowing him to smash through brick walls, punching a hole in a tree, et cetera.

Rook: He rushes in a straight line at a breakneck speed, virtually unstoppable until he smashes into something or spends his momentum after covering some distance.

Knight: Allows for a single acrobatic feat normally beyond the reach of a man of his size and posture, like a high/long jump, squeezing through a too-narrow passage and so forth.

Bishop: Provides him with a chance for a short sidestep so quick it appears to be more akin to teleportation than normal movement.

Queen: He has never carved a queen yet, much less smashed one.

King: Performs a castling - Alex instantly changes places with Tara, as long as they aren't more than a dozen meters apart.

Tara 'Queen of Swords' Droggn

Sex: female

Birthrune: glass cannon

Appearance: at less than five feet, Tara would be considered slightly short in most circles. As she rarely ever leaves the side of Alexandr, she appears to be more of a dwarf. With her soot-black hair trimmed to a few inches and a broken nose between similarly dark eyes, she definitely is not the image of beauty, but she's not entirely disagreeable to an eye. A few pieces of jewelry adorn her, including a red heart-shaped stud in her left ear, a little rhombus-shaped piercing over the right brow and a ring adorned with a carved metal leaf on the middle finger of her right hand. There is a tattoo of a cup filled with coins partially covered by her worn-out black leather jacket, and another, of a black heart being pierced by a sword on the bottom side of her left forearm. Although difficult to notice at first, the fuller of the blade is a long scar directly over a vein. She can most often be seen with a deck of cards in hands, idly shuffling them, skillfully tossing the cards from hand to hand or otherwise flaunting her obvious proficiency at manipulating them.

Character: The Queen of Swords is as sharp as her name suggests, with an uncaring, in-your-face attitude towards the rest of the world. She is easily irritated, but quick to laugh as well. The only thing she appears to have boundless amounts of patience for, besides her cards, is Alexandr.

Weapons: Although at first glance she doesn't seem to be armed at all, Tara has a whole array of blades at her disposal, from tiny razors somehow craftily hidden within her fingerless gloves, through a dual short knives, one tucked into her boot, the other strapped horizontally onto her belt and hidden beneath her jacket, and ending with an old, heavily worn machete strapped to the inside of her jacket's lapel. Additionally...

Potential: Droggn has a few aces up her sleeve when it comes to utilizing her cards in battle. She can toss them with uncanny precision at moderate distances, making them nearly as lethal as shurikens. She can use them as battle fans or miniature clubs, with an effect akin to smashing someone with a brick. A good listener might get her to brag about her ability to foresee the future as well, but that has to be bogus.

Bio

Alexandr won't speak about his past to anybody except Tara, and she isn't precisely willing to divulge anything either. From what scraps she did let slip, Alexandr found her as a child who had run away from her broken home and they eked a life together in the streets somehow, although she shirks over the details of exactly how they managed that. Eventually, they were forcefully hired by a street gang and spent several years in their oppressive employ. As a major conflict with an opposing organisation broke out, they jumped at the chance to escape and tried to return to their previous lifestyle, but it no longer satisfied them - not to mention being infinitely more difficult with how many shady characters they had to avoid at all cost not to get dragged back into the gang world. One thing somehow led to another and they reached a decision to join the other side of the field, if only to elude for good, and eventually pay back in kind to their "friends", "buddies" and "leaders".

Edited by Hederik

Potential: Although he is usually reluctant to do this, if need be, Alexandr can smash one of the carved figures to unleash a temporary burst of power depending on the type of figure destroyed.

Pawn: A single blow of his fist becomes empowered to the point of allowing him to smash through brick walls, punching a hole in a tree, et cetera.

Rook: He rushes in a straight line at a breakneck speed, virtually unstoppable until he smashes into something or spends his momentum after covering some distance.

Knight: Allows for a single acrobatic feat normally beyond the reach of a man of his size and posture, like a high/long jump, squeezing through a too-narrow passage and so forth.

Bishop: Provides him with a chance for a short sidestep so quick it appears to be more akin to teleportation than normal movement.

Queen: He has never carved a queen yet, much less smashed one.

King: Performs a castling - Alex instantly changes places with X, as long as they aren't more than a dozen meters apart.

Potential: Droggn has a few aces up her sleeve when it comes to utilizing her cards in battle. She can toss them with uncanny precision at moderate distances, making them nearly as lethal as shurikens. She can use them as battle fans or miniature clubs, with an effect akin to smashing someone with a brick. A good listener might get her to brag about her ability to foresee the future as well, but that has to be bogus.

They seem to be alright, so let me try and do something with these...

Alexandr

So his potential is essentially crushing Chesspieces in order to power up. (If you're trying to avoid spoilers, you should PM me about their "hidden abilities" that you refused to tell in your post.) I thought up of something like this...

Pawn - Makes his next attack deal 1 Bonus Damage

Rook - Standard Dash Attack | Deals as much damage as your current STR, but can be buffed with his other pieces

Knight - Mobility Enhancement, no stat changes

Bishop - ACR + 1 for the rest of the battle (Just to make things clear, in the RP, I don't give you the chance to dodge on your own. Whether an enemy's attack connects or not is affected entirely by the Damage Formula.)

Queen - Unknown Effect (to the public)

King - Position Switching Spell

-----

Tara

To make this clear, her potential is being able to magically manipulate her Cards? If so, then I have an idea...

Tara has a total of 20 Cards at her disposal, and her Card Count replenishes at the end of each battle.

When a Card is Thrown - Projectile Attack. Deals as much damage as your current STR. Consumes 1 Card.

Card Fan - Melee Attack with a +3% chance to land a Critical Hit. Consumes 3 Cards.

Card Club - Melee Attack with a 2-point Damage Bonus. Consumes 5 Cards.

So this makes it so you have to use your cards wisely during battle.

The Time Prediction or whatever unfortunately won't work. Time Manipulation is a plot device in the story exclusive to a select few characters, so something like that isn't something I can do. Besides, the Card Manipulation potential is more than enough, as adding Chronomancy would essentially be the same as having 2 potentials.

Would that do at all?

• Brohoof 1

So his potential is essentially crushing Chesspieces in order to power up. (If you're trying to avoid spoilers, you should PM me about their "hidden abilities" that you refused to tell in your post.)

Pretty much, yes. Although, as I remarked, he's not particularly fond of employing these techniques, what with trying to complete his collection one day. Also, I'm not sure how to take the part about "hidden abilities" - the ones given are pretty straightforward and while reserving the knowledge about them could add an element of surprise, it mostly wouldn't be worth it all that much. If there's some other way that I hinted at some additional skills or you see an opening for one, I am open for further discussion.

Pawn - Makes his next attack deal 1 Bonus Damage

Rook - Standard Dash Attack | Deals as much damage as your current STR, but can be buffed with his other pieces

Knight - Mobility Enhancement, no stat changes

Bishop - ACR + 1 for the rest of the battle (Just to make things clear, in the RP, I don't give you the chance to dodge on your own. Whether an enemy's attack connects or not is affected entirely by the Damage Formula.)

Queen - Unknown Effect (to the public)

King - Position Switching Spell

Sounds about right. And I have no idea so far as to what effect a queen could have. Off the top of my head, an even stronger combination of rook+bishop effects, but a unique effect would probably be even cooler. I do not mind having it dictated by the higher powers (ie. you) once a queencrushing takes place, if ever (not all mysteries have to always be unfolded, after all).

To make this clear, her potential is being able to magically manipulate her Cards? If so, then I have an idea...  

Tara has a total of 20 Cards at her disposal, and her Card Count replenishes at the end of each battle.

When a Card is Thrown - Projectile Attack. Deals as much damage as your current STR. Consumes 1 Card.

Card Fan - Melee Attack with a +3% chance to land a Critical Hit. Consumes 3 Cards.

Card Club - Melee Attack with a 2-point Damage Bonus. Consumes 5 Cards.

I think Bauernschnapsen is the only 20 card game I've heard of -- it's pretty good, too. Wait, what were we talking about? Oh, yes, that's swell.

I do wonder, however, especially in combination of what's been said about Alex's Potential, if these will possibly be subject to evolving along with the character during play.

The Time Prediction or whatever unfortunately won't work. Time Manipulation is a plot device in the story exclusive to a select few characters, so something like that isn't something I can do. Besides, the Card Manipulation potential is more than enough, as adding Chronomancy would essentially be the same as having 2 potentials.

That was literally just flavor text, and, as remarked, clearly total bull. Ain't gonna stop her from doing Tarot readings from time to time.

Interestingly, I picked Tara's nickname purely for its name but... huh. Strangely fitting.

Also, I'm gonna edit Stalemate's initials to stand in the correct sequence.

stuff

By "hidden abilities" I mean that you can PM be about some of the "secret details" that you possibly left out of the post. (Like, you know, the effects of a Queen smasher)

I'll think about an interesting effect for the Queen by myself if you wish. Although, the effect will remain unknown to you or anyone else until you actually pop one for the first time.

If I ever think of a good Queen ability, it's most likely going to be tied in with Tara in some way, considering their partnership and all.

Alrighty, then. So now everything's covered. Welcome aboard.

• Brohoof 2

Calandra, The Flaming Inferno

Birthrune - Brawn

Sex - Female

Age - 17

Bio / Appearance - A rebel by nature, Caladra is a unique young lady who marches by her own tune and no one else's. In fact, it's a rather big surprise that she's here at the MEO- in almost every scenario so far, those who have attempted to control her have found themselves with burn scars at best, and in a pile of ashes at worst. Under any other name, she would be a villain- so, perhaps it's a good thing her excessive individuality and love of anarchy is matched by an exceptionally strong personal creed. How strong? Strong enough to go against her own personal creed, at least in this regard. Her special suit allows her to both have her potential and not incinerate everything around her, and she often supplements this with a suit of iron armor. Other than that, you will only ever see her face- a pair of goggles strapped to her charred ginger hair, blocking a scar on her face-belonging to the mysterious figure who has been the only one who has managed to stay close enough to hit her in directly in the face- and a pair of piercing, bright green eyes that have a streak of red flaring through them.

Potential - Living Pyre

Living Pyre - Calandra has an additional stat unique to herself- PT, or Pyromanic Temperature. She always has a PT of at least three at all times, and, when combat starts and she is conscious and at has at least 2 PT, will have a PT of at least 5. Her max PT is twenty. Her body temperature is  roughly 75 degrees per PT, falling to a mere 50 degrees if she ever falls to zero. She gains PT at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes- this increases to 1 every minute during combat scenarios, during light wind conditions (oxygen feeds a flame, after all) or when she gets angry or upset, and 1 every 30 seconds if she fulfills two or three of the conditions. She will also absorb any fire of flame that is directed towards her- fire cannot damage her, and if she takes any fire damage, her PT immediately goes up by the damage she would have taken divided by 3; rounding up. She cannot add to her PT in this way if it is 15 or higher. If she ever dies, her PT will rise rapidly (+5/minute) and, upon hitting 20, explode. Her body will survive the explosion, allowing her to be revived if any such things exist in this world.

She loses 1 PT every minute in extreme cold, excessive moisture, or extreme winds- a combination of which can result in very fast degradation. If she is submerged in water or equivalent, she will instantly lose 3 PT and will rapidly lose PT if her PT is below 15 after reduction- if it is higher, she's too hot to be cooled down in such a manner and will instead create a steam bubble that prevents her from losing further PT. If the water ever completely covers her, however, she immediately drops to 5 PT if she is above 5, and loses 1 PT a minute until she leaves the water. If her PT ever goes down below 3, after 15 minutes, she will begin to take damage every minute until her PT either goes above 3 or she dies- her body cannot function at low internal body temperatures. If her PT ever falls below 0, she immediately falls to 3 HP (or, if below 3 HP, loses 1 HP) and falls unconscious. She will not regenerate PT in this state, and will need to be kept warm by an outside presence in order to not perish and, eventually, recover. She is unable to ever willingly reduce her PT below 1 at any time, though she can reduce it past 3.

If her PT ever goes above 5, flames will start wreathing along near her skin, and she will begin to glow and burn flesh that comes in physical contact with her, dealing low damage. This scales up as her PT does. (Suggested- 1 damage at 6, scaling to 15 damage with direct skin to skin contact at 20.) If her PT ever goes up above 10, she will gain an aura that burns nearby people- this will increase significantly as she continues gaining PT. (Suggested- 1 damage out to 2 meters at 11, scaling to 5 damage out to 20 meters at 20.) This ability hurts ALL nearby, be they friend or foe. If her PT goes up to 15, her aura will become hot enough to melt weapons and armor- metal weapons and armor will begin to melt, taking damage per minute and if they come in contact with her. Most combustible things will combust at this stage. If her PT goes up to 20, she goes completely berserk- she can manifest her flames (see below) for no cost for one minute, and she becomes immune to all things that reduce her PT by any amount. Pyro Ball is the exception to this rule- manifesting Pyro Ball will still reduce her PT by 15, and is the only way she can vent enough energy quickly enough. If she does not do so, after one minute, she explodes, reducing her PT down to three, her HP down to three (or she takes one damage, if her HP is three or less) and she becomes unconscious. All of her equipment is destroyed- her suit and her sword, described in Weapons, are the exceptions- mainly to keep her from completely destroying her clothes.

She can use her PT to manipulate the flames that wreathe on her skin underneath her suit and vent her temperature. Her standard abilities include a simple steam blast and a bolt of fire, both of which deal low damage and reduce her PT by 1. She can create a shield with her flames, costing 3 PT and dealing low damage and incinerate incoming flammable projectiles, completely negating the attack. Unlike most other sources of heat, she does not take damage from her shield and, thus, cannot regenerate off of the lasting effect. She can launch a fireball which has a varying effect/ability (3/5/7 PT spent for low/medium/high damage in a small AoE)- and then there's her infamous Pyro Ball. Pyro Ball is a 15 PT ability that creates a huge ball of fire. She telegraphs the move immensely- it takes time to manifest her flames in such a massive conjuration. It damages an immense amount of damage in a huge AoE, but she can only use it once per week- unless she escalates to 20 PT, in which she immediately gains a free use of Pyro Ball as she vents her excessive energies. Doing this this way, however, causes her to immediately take moderate damage and immediately become fatigued.

((Forgive me for the excessive typing. I left all of the non-PT values here as suggestions; play with numbers as you wish.))

Weapon(s) -

Alloy Sword- A basic sword created to survive her immense flames. It is immune to all fire and heat related things; it will survive with her. It is there as an emergency backup weapon, but she is actually quite adept at it's use.

Alloy Suit- A unique design of hers, recognized with the technology of the MEO, the Alloy Suit gives her options concerning her PT. It allows her to vent her PT passively, allowing her to ignore the 1 PT gain per ten minutes in passive mode- this can be turned on or off at will. She can also activate it, bathing her in a freezing watery mist, instantly removing up to five PT (to a minimum of three), as well as creating a miniature steam eruption. It can hold a maximum of three charges; the charges synthesize themselves over time. (in normal humidity, maybe ~3-5 hours?) She will never willingly remove it; it is the only thing underneath between her and being NSFW. It obscures her form as well- you will never see her non-facial physical features.

Plate Armor- A standard suit of platemail that can survive in higher temperatures. It will survive her aura damage if her PT is 15 or higher without any damage; however, it is still destroyed in the explosion that results at 20 PT. She never wears a helmet, always preferring her goggles- critical hits are never reduced by armor against her.

Forgive me for the excessive typing once again, I really like game mechanics and things of that nature. :catface:

((@@Redeye))

mumbo jumbo

Erm... yikes. Sincere apologies, but I kinda sorta half-tl;dr'd the potential. That's far too complicated for me to keep up with. I'd like to keep things a little more tame, so how about this...?

Her potential altogether is pyrokinesis, correct? If you want to keep the whole "condition-based power" effects, then I'll downsize it to something more simple.

"PT" will go on a scale from 1 to 3. At a PT of 2, her status is completely normal. Her PT will always remain at 2 outside of battle, and will always begin battles at 2. In-battle, however, her PT is vulnerable to raising and lowering.

In combat, she has the ability to raise her PT to 3 for a short period of time, once per battle. At a PT of 3, all of her stats, minus Vitality, are increased by 2. This effect lasts for 2 actions. Afterwards, her PT automatically resets to 2, and she cannot do this again for the rest of the battle.

If she reaches 3 HP or below, her PT will drop to 1, decreasing her STR by 1 until healed. Whenever her PT is at 1, her Backup Sword gains a Healing Effect, restoring 1 HP upon hitting an enemy with it. Once her HP is 4 or above, her PT automatically returns to 2.

If her PT is at 3, it cannot drop down to a PT of 1 until her buff disappears, regardless of her HP amount.

tl;dr:

PT 1 = STR - 1 ; Occurs when HP reaches 3 or below ; Alloy Sword gains a Lifesteal effect until PT returns to 2

PT 2 = Normal ; Can raise her PT to 3 at will once per battle

PT 3 = STR + 2, DEX + 2, & ACR + 2 for 2 Actions ; Goes on cooldown for the remainder of battle when finished

Takes reduced damage from fire attacks

Takes double damage from water attacks

Would this be okay?

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

@@Redeye,

Heh... my bad, I guess. I got a bit too carried away...

This would work out well too. I have three inquiries, though.

First, will the sword keep the healing effect if PT is 3 but HP is 3 or less?

Two, am I able to activate the PT3 effect if I'm currently PT1, or can I only activate it during PT2 (but it doesn't go away until the duration ends)?

Three, do my pyrokinetic tricks deal damage based on my STR, or do they do their own unique thing depending on circumstance and description?

No matter what your answers to these are, I'm completely alright with your proposal. :)

@@Redeye,

Heh... my bad, I guess. I got a bit too carried away...

This would work out well too. I have three inquiries, though.

First, will the sword keep the healing effect if PT is 3 but HP is 3 or less?

Two, am I able to activate the PT3 effect if I'm currently PT1, or can I only activate it during PT2 (but it doesn't go away until the duration ends)?

Three, do my pyrokinetic tricks deal damage based on my STR, or do they do their own unique thing depending on circumstance and description?

No matter what your answers to these are, I'm completely alright with your proposal. :)

1. Yes, if your HP is 3 or below at any time, your sword will heal you for 1 HP every time you strike an enemy with it.

2. You can only activate PT3 when you are in PT2, yes.

3. Yes, your Fire abilities deal damage based off of STR and your potential if it's ever activated. The only advantage they have over your sword is that they're long range and such, but you probably won't be using your sword too much, anyways.

• Brohoof 1

So now this makes 3 down, 3 to go! Hopefully this won't take long.

---

Perhaps I should make a few extra clarifications on how some aspects of the RP works...

• Leveling up. I'm expecting LU'ing to be nice and slow. To level up, you require 5 Experience (XP). Everyone who participates in a battle will receive 1 XP when it ends. The requirement of 5 XP needed to level up never changes, by the way.
  • Items. Each and every character has an individual Inventory. Each person may only hold up to 6 items at once. (Weapons don't count, by the way)
  • Money. The RP world's currency is known as Aur. Each character has their own individual wallets, as well.
  • Being defeated in battle. Whenever your HP reaches 0 in-battle, you will become incapacitated. You may be revived back into the fight via an item called a Stimulant. If you cannot revive at the time, you will be unable to act for the rest of the battle. At the end of battle, all incapacitated players will automatically be revived to 1 HP.

And that's all I've got for now.

• Brohoof 1

So, one question. Could I bring in a character that relates to Etherius' past  :please:?

Oh and I feel like we should discuss his past in a pm Redeye, just so you're caught up with him?

So, one question. Could I bring in a character that relates to Etherius' past  :please:?

Oh and I feel like we should discuss his past in a pm Redeye, just so you're caught up with him?

Sure. Just PM me the details and I'll find a way to fit the stuff in the story.

• Brohoof 1