Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Robot Wars

Photon Jet

So am I. It's been a long time since Robot Wars was on TV. Glad to see it coming back.

By the by, what was the contestant you were rooting for? Was it Chaos 2 because I was rooting for that robot to win.

Ahh, I don't really remember exactly. It's been a long time.. :( I think we used to pick whoever we thought looked the coolest. Yeah, we were pretty young. :P

• Brohoof 1

So am I. It's been a long time since Robot Wars was on TV. Glad to see it coming back.

By the by, what was the contestant you were rooting for? Was it Chaos 2 because I was rooting for that robot to win.

Me as well.You have just read my mind,

• Brohoof 1

Me as well.You have just read my mind,

Well, good thing I'm not the only colt who was a big fan of Chaos 2. If it wasn't for that awesome robot, there wouldn't be any contestants flipped out of the arena. 

• Brohoof 2

Ah, the memories of this show! I used to watch this all the time as a kid, I loved it! 

I had no idea it was making a return though, may need to give it a watch when it starts airing.

Right on. I remember watching this as a kid with my dad. I even had a little action figure of one of them. It was so long ago I can't remember much though.  :P

• Brohoof 2

I'd heard it was coming back, and I can't wait for it! It's gonna be so good to see it again after all these years. I think my favourite robot would have to be Razer - there's something incredibly satisfying about watching the beak on that thing crush the crap out of everything it fought.

I also remember Wheely Big Cheese always trying to flip Sir Killalot, Diotoir always catching fire, and Firestorm always malfunctioning in the middle of a bout. Good times, soon hopefully to be relived  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yay! Someone actually made a thread about Robot Wars.

I love this show so much, and I can't wait for the new series to hit the TV screens once again.

Me too! Especially when contestants from the original Robot Wars TV show are coming back. All this news gets me pumped up.

Here are the robots I think would take part in the new series:

Storm 2

Dantomkia

Big Nipper

Bigger Brother

Thor

X-Terminator

Kronic

Ripper

Eruption

Behemoth

Kan-Opener

Weird Malice

Iron Awe

Gabriel

Toxic 2

Meggamouse

Manta

Maelstrom

Beast

Toon Raider

Titan

Terrorhurtz

I know, that's a lot because many of the robots took part in Robot Wars live events.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's been an update on the return of Robot Wars. Professor Noel Sharky, one of the judges in the original TV show is coming back. Let's hope there won't be any controversial decisions this time around. I wonder who the other judges are?

*sigh* If only Craig Charles were to come back to host...He was so enthusiastic and funny.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

I'm so hype for Sir Killalot.

I remember being angry as a kid that Mr. Psycho was stealing all of Sir Killalot's thunder. But then his head fell off in a match and all was right with the world!

And Refbot too! Doing the dirty work.

qlNPWiJ.jpg

...or not. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm so hype for Sir Killalot.

I remember being angry as a kid that Mr. Psycho was stealing all of Sir Killalot's thunder. But then his head fell off in a match and all was right with the world!

And Refbot too! Doing the dirty work.

sig-4415438.qlNPWiJ.jpg

...or not. 

Heh heh. I remember that scene where Refbot drove into the pit. Let me tell you, he ain't the brightest.

I still wonder what the new Sir Killalot 2.0 would look like. Probably more menacing than ever.

• Brohoof 4

I think Sgt.Bash had enough of being abused by the other robots so he decided to take his anger on the Refbot. That's my theory.

Still need to know what happened to him though.

There was a tweet from early this year showing a picture of Sgt Bash alongside with Matilda alive and well https://twitter.com/TeamstormUK/status/684276917156069377

Sadly, he won't be making a return for the new series. :(

Edited by Spark Thunderbass
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

There was a tweet from early this year showing a picture of Sgt Bash alongside with Matilda alive and well https://twitter.com/TeamstormUK/status/684276917156069377

Sadly, he won't be making a return for the new series. :(

It's good to hear Sgt.Bash is still well but it's such a shame he won't be making any appearances really.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Geez, I forgot this thing even existed. I'm not too familiar with Robot Wars' contestants as I was with Battlebots', because of the latter's random comeback last year that swept me onto a hypetrain (seriously we need a general robot fighting discussion thread).

I'll definitely watch Robot Wars if it's coming back, I love robot fighting competitions. I do hope the show will be broadcast to the US.

• Brohoof 1

I think we've found out what the new Robot Wars arena would be like for the TV show. For me, it looks smaller than the original arena but I don't think it would matter. Let's just hope the new arena can handle stuff like saw blades and spinning bots. Come to think of it, I think I did see a tweet which features a spinning drum robot.

• Brohoof 2

Come to think of it, I think I did see a tweet which features a spinning drum robot.

Hypnodisk? I don't remember if that was the name. 

I do hope the arena's still pretty big though. The size of the battlefield should be grand - it is Robot Wars. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hypnodisk? I don't remember if that was the name. 

I do hope the arena's still pretty big though. The size of the battlefield should be grand - it is Robot Wars. :P

No, it's not Hypno-Disc because that robot has a spinning disc. The robot I'm mentioning is a spinning drum robot. Could be a newcomer we haven't seen before.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1