Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle vs Darth Vader

Koumorikichikun

Yes, you are right, Force Unleashed is non canon now. Haha. Let's assume now this is Legends (EU) Vader. Edited OP.

If this is Legends Vader, we're bringing in all the oped force powers and stuff that includes FTL pre cog and massive hypersonic movement speeds, telekinitic strength to bring down star destroyers, and loads of other crap that would make it unfair for Twilight at all. Without Legends, Twilight actually stands a decent chance if not wins due to being given prep time in the 2nd scenario. Facing against Legends Vader, even with prep, Twilight loses.

(edited)

Yes, I agree, good points. Except for telekinetic strength, Vader's best telekinetic feats in Legends involved throwing elephant sized creatures and collapsing buildings around him, things Twilight should be able to do with ease. But I agree his speed and reaction time makes this unfair. Canon it is.

Edited by Koumorikichikun
  • Brohoof 1

This matchup setting puts Equestria in the Star Wars galaxy so midichlorians are present. Even if there wasn't, Vader could probably still use the force. I think to make him unable to use the force you would have to remove the midichlorians from his blood somehow.

But...  Equestria isn't in the Star Wars universe.  And the vague OP (not that I've a problem with vague OPs; I sometimes prefer them) could've been interpreted as involving passage between one universe (Star Wars) to another (MLP).  Seems an arbitrary (if not convenient) decision; merging two clearly independent universes.

Also: What the hell are midichlorians? o_O

But...  Equestria isn't in the Star Wars universe.  And the vague OP (not that I've a problem with vague OPs; I sometimes prefer them) could've been interpreted as involving passage between one universe (Star Wars) to another (MLP).  Seems an arbitrary (if not convenient) decision; merging two clearly independent universes.

Midichlorians are a sentient microscopic organism that exist in all living things in the Star Wars universe. An individual with a high enough number of midichlorians in their blood is able to use and communicate with the Force. Darth Vader happens to have the highest midichlorian count ever at over 20 000.

In such cases, on fiction debate battles, the equivalency rule goes into effect. Meaning that if a character has a similar ability to his opponent's own ability but they operate within their own universe's rule, than their abilities will be allowed to operate within the battle ground as if it were in their own verse.

An example is say a character from WH 40k, Kharn the betrayer, has the collar of khorne that allows him complete immunity to warp powers, wh 40k's equivalent to star wars force or magic in general.

If he were to face say vader, than the collar of khorne will be allowed to treat the force as if it were the warp, meaning kharn will be completely immune to any direct force attacks from vader.

I'd suppose the guy with decades of experience in fighting and killing others would probably be able to kill a small talking horse that has minimal fighting experience. :P

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm seeing as Twilight is given books about the Sith and the Force with just one day she could figure them all out probably even more than we could expect because remember how quickly Twilight figured out the human world in one day through nothing but books. Her ability to learn is pretty fast.

Twilight has telekinesis (Ursa Minor strength level), teleportation, bubble shield, fly (which she also learned pretty fast while Scootaloo and Fluttershy born pegasi are still struggling) magic beams, a complete freezing spell, she can cast a spell on an inanimate object to make others fall in love with it (like that doll).

Darth Vader has telekinesis, lightsaber and other Force powers. He hasn't been able to stop magic at all as his telekinesis only works on physical objects. He also has weaknesses to lightning and the buttons on his chest if pressed can destroy his suit which can kill him. Seeing as how easily Anakin Skywalker was perturbed in his love for Padme Twilight can have an advantage in manipulating him into the love spell of an inanimate object which he may shake away eventually.

I would say it would go like this. Darth Vader either kills or imprisons Twilight's friends or does something that pisses Twilight off. Twilight goes on a rampage fighting Darth Vader with the same rage she did on Tirek. Of course Twilight's power isn't the same as in that fight but since Darth Vader isn't the same level as Tirek he would get overwhelmed.

Darth Vader is weak against righteous anger as shown Luke who is far less experienced and has less Midichlorians still overpower him when furious. Twilight would also stomp him flat if she goes on a rampage. In a story line Twilight is the good guy and Darth Vader is the troubled villain. 

Since Twilight does not understand Vader's predicament she will merely treat Vader like Tirek and mercilessly fight him to the death. It seems Twilight did not hesitate against the fight with Tirek even though she is supposed to hold back a bit in a children's cartoon... there was no concept of mercy in her attacks.

Twilight after reading books on Sith Lords will eventually come across information about Vader's suit, she will use the freezing spell on him which she doesn't seem to have a limitation on the distance in which she can use it (unlike how close Vader has to be to use his Force choke and how he has to move his hands forward and focus to use it whereas Twilight just focuses her mind without having to raise a limb), quickly take the lightsaber and run it across his throat or helmet or just remove the helmet and he will die.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Wait... can't Vader just blow up Equestria with the Death Star? Or shoot her?

The death star is not his vehicle so he cannot use it unless specifically allowed to, which here is no. Vader normally doesn't carry a blaster so no he would not be using blasters to fight her unless specifically allowed.

P.s, even if he were allowed to use the death star against equestria, he wouldn't win mainly because he has to deal with at least three star level telekinitic users in Celestia, Luna, and Discord that together can easily fling the death star to die to Equestria's star.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Well, if Vader is immune to magic, what weapons do Twilight have, really? She can't use the Elements, as they rest of the Mane 6 can't help. She's been known to use magic lasers, but Vader would be immune to those.

So, for this battle I'll assume that Vader is immune to deus ex machina spells, like transformation, making him explode, freezing him in place, one-hit-kill stuff like that. Even if it doesn't kill, but does ensure victory, Vader is immune to it. (We gotta keep it fair, eh?)

In this case Vader isn't immune to things like lasers, fire, heavy stuff thrown in his face, other things that won't guarantee victory.

Now I'm not sure about levitating Vader, because that would certainly shut down his melee attacks, but I'm not sure if he would still be a threat with the Force if he's dangling in mid-air, 20 meters above the ground. I guess it doesn't count.

So Vader is immune to all magic that is directed at him, magic that alters him, or moves him, or does something to him directly. That would make....sense? I don't know. It makes things more fair though.

Round 1:

I would put my money on Vader. It would all depend on either how fast Twilight would figure out the rules of the Force, and counter them, or if Vader uses the Force in a one-hit-kill attack, like breaking Twilight's horn. Twilight would have to outrange Vader, not giving his Force a chance, shooting lasers at his face or throwing heavy stuff at him with telekinesis to win.

The problem is, if Vader figures out with logic that Twilight's magic comes from her horn, (that's what unicorns are famous for, after all,) he could strike first with an unexpected Force blast (not sure how the Force works, never watched the movies) to her horn, maybe breaking it. If he can't do that from his starting position, (too little range,) then he just has to walk up slowly and casually, not being that threatening. Twilight will think that she can teleport away if he gets too close, waiting for what Vader will do, but she doesn't know about the force, so Vader can just use it when he's close enough for a good horn-shattering blow.

So round one goes to mister Vader. A surprise Force attack to the horn will seriously limit Twilight's capabilities, and Vader can just casually kill her after that.

Round 2:

Now, if Twilight knows what's up it becomes a bit more fair. Twilight would probably have figured out how to deal with the Force, (just outranging it,) and would act accordingly. She would teleport away as soon as she could, not letting Vader get close, and just pelt him with magic attacks like fireballs, lasers, and other magic things.

If Twilight plays it carefully, she would probably win. Vader would just not have a chance to even use the Force.

Round...3?

This previous rounds were, of course, not counting some sort of area restriction. If they were in some sort of sphere which they can't leave, then Vader wins, probably. He could use Force to restrain Twilight, and keep the pressure on, not giving her a chance to cast advanced attack spells. Twilight could teleport away, but remember, she can't get completely out of his range. Vader just needs to get close once, and go for a killing blow. One Force to the horn means game over for Twilight. Vader's lightsaber would help as well, making getting near him certain death.

Twilight could still win, but she would have a really tough time. It has been shown that teleporting takes a lot of energy, and that's the only way to escape Vader's Force choke. Twilight would have to take Vader out fast to win. She doesn't have enough magic stamina to keep on teleporting away.

So Vader wins round 3. Probably.

The death star is not his vehicle so he cannot use it unless specifically allowed to, which here is no. Vader normally doesn't carry a blaster so no he would not be using blasters to fight her unless specifically allowed.

P.s, even if he were allowed to use the death star against equestria, he wouldn't win mainly because he has to deal with at least three star level telekinitic users in Celestia, Luna, and Discord that together can easily fling the death star to die to Equestria's star.

Sonuva..... I guess that is true.

• Brohoof 1

So here are the list of powers I could think of for Twilight at the moment:

Twilight Sparkle:

Flight (both using wings or telekinisis)

Magic energy laser blasts

Telekinisis

Dark Magic

Teleportation (including Telefrag and can cast teleportation spell upon the opponent)

Spatial manipulation (Floortilting)

Mind Control (Want Me, Need it and Reforming Spell)

Magic Barrier

Age manipulation (If what Twilight says is true that only the highest leveled unicorn can pull it off, it's a possibility that she can do an Age Spell now that she's an Alicorn)

Speed: Power scaling from Rainbow Dash being able to dodge multiple lightning strikes, a pony she has caught mid flight with her magic, her reaction speed should be at least a lightning timer. Her flight speed is likely around hypersonic at least.

Destructive Capacity: Likely building+ as a Unicorn Twilight was able to lift a watertower full of cow's milk and a burst of her magic was able to lift her whole library tree home up from the ground. As an Alicorn, she should be above that.

Lifting Strength: Building+ with telekinisis

Striking Strength: about the same as Lifting strength.

Durability: Building+

Intelligence: Highly booksmart intelligent. Has shown against Trixie with Alicorn Amulet that she is very pro efficient with prep time given to her.

This is probably not correct or so, but these are the abilities and stats I believe Twilight should have from my recollection from the show. If there's anything to add or contradict my info, please correct me as such.

Actually, destructive capacity (and hence, durability) should be at minimum, scaling from feats from lesser characters, like Rainbow Dash's Equestria wide Sonic Rainboom, and Shining Armor and Cadence's City sized barriers. This is aside from her own personal feats, like throwing up that city sized Sonic Rainboom in Princess Twilight Sparkle. Comics have her doing it again (Rainbow Dash is controlling her mind, but they were using Twilight's body, and she charged it up to increase the power). And that's not with the recent scaling, which has Twilight matching and beating Chrysalis on multiple occasions in the comics (non-boosted Chrysalis is just a few hairs below Luna, who's Solar System level in DC and Durability, and sub-relativistic in reactions). I can dig up the scans and videos for those later.

Having said that, though, Vader still takes this, 8 to 9 times out of 10. Twilight's stronger and more durable, but Vader's superior speed and reactions means that he'll just end up blowing her mind out before she ever gets a shot in. Round 2 would go more easily to her (maybe 7 out of 10 for Vader or so), since she has hax that makes this easier, except OP put morals on (for some reason), which neuters Twilight; she isn't going for a fatal shot, and she gets mind wrecked the same as in the previous scenario.

Edited by Fractured
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, destructive capacity (and hence, durability) should be at minimum, scaling from feats from lesser characters, like Rainbow Dash's Equestria wide Sonic Rainboom, and Shining Armor and Cadence's City sized barriers. This is aside from her own personal feats, like throwing up that city sized Sonic Rainboom in Princess Twilight Sparkle. Comics have her doing it again (Rainbow Dash is controlling her mind, but they were using Twilight's body, and she charged it up to increase the power). And that's not with the recent scaling, which has Twilight matching and beating Chrysalis on multiple occasions in the comics (non-boosted Chrysalis is just a few hairs below Luna, who's Solar System level in DC and Durability, and sub-relativistic in reactions). I can dig up the scans and videos for those later.

Having said that, though, Vader still takes this, 8 to 9 times out of 10. Twilight's stronger and more durable, but Vader's superior speed and reactions means that he'll just end up blowing her mind out before she ever gets a shot in. Round 2 would go more easily to her (maybe 7 out of 10 for Vader or so), since she has hax that makes this easier, except OP put morals on (for some reason), which neuters Twilight; she isn't going for a fatal shot, and she gets mind wrecked the same as in the previous scenario.

Nice post and that's actually an excellent point on Twilight's abilities and especially mental aspect. Would it be better if Twilight's mental state was set to bloodlusted in this mu?

Edited by Nuke87654

Nice post and that's actually an excellent point on Twilight's abilities and especially mental aspect. Would it be better if Twilight's mental state was set to bloodlusted in this mu?

It's not just bad, it puts this down as an utter stomp for Vader (0/10). Not only would Vader be immune to all of her hax (mind resistance is pretty much a standard in the SW universe, and Vader resists transmutation), he also has regenerative abilities that allow him to shrug off non-lethal attacks. Which means Twilight's only ability to win before he one-shots her through mental attacks is through killing him before he kills her. Which, with morals on, is something she won't do; pretty every iteration of this match under that circumstance ends with her going for a disabling spell, and Vader erasing/ obliterating her mind.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
On 2016-03-09 at 11:36 AM, Kyoshi said:

This is a surprisingly tough match up. Vader has the Force which as we all know is immensely powerful and his skills with a lightsaber could prove threatening, in offensive and defensive ways. Twilight is very agile and of course her abilities in magic are immense, but it depends on how she would use it. Would she go all out like with Tirek or would she show restraint? Definitely a battle that would be intense. 

On 2016-03-09 at 5:45 PM, Nuke87654 said:

Twilight had the powers of all the Alicorn magic in her and she technically didn't beat him, she just stalemated him. It took her and her friends being bestowed by the Tree of Harmony with Rainbow Power to beat him.

See the source image are Twilight sparkles would get corruoted by Darth Vader and join the  Darkside

Don't let Darth Twilight see this   hide it from Darklord TwilightSee the source image

On 2016-03-15 at 3:08 PM, Fractured said:

It's not just bad, it puts this down as an utter stomp for Vader (0/10). Not only would Vader be immune to all of her hax (mind resistance is pretty much a standard in the SW universe, and Vader resists transmutation), he also has regenerative abilities that allow him to shrug off non-lethal attacks. Which means Twilight's only ability to win before he one-shots her through mental attacks is through killing him before he kills her. Which, with morals on, is something she won't do; pretty every iteration of this match under that circumstance ends with her going for a disabling spell, and Vader erasing/ obliterating her mind.

Before Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, he was a kind person who cared about all of his friends. He wouldn’t give up on them no matter what the cost. Despite his compassionate and sympathetic demeanor, however, he was pretty heartless and aggressive towards people he considered his enemies, most likely due to how he was treated by his enemies. Even before he joined the Dark Side, his actions proved that he may have been unfit to be a Jedi. So much that Obi-Wan was cautious around him even after they formed a strong Master-Padawan bond.

The deaths of his mother and his wife Padmé left a deep impact on him; feeling alone and failed, he ultimately embraced the dark side of the Force and his personality changed completely. He was utterly ruthless and intimidating now, driven by rage, though after his defeat and mutilation on Mustafar at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was no longer as arrogant and overconfident as he previously was. Although he regained confidence in himself, it was never to the point of being outwardly cocky or conceited. This calm approach made him much more efficient than most of the Sith Order as his pragmatic nature made him less likely to underestimate his foes.

Unlike most members of the Sith Order, Vader was capable of acknowledging and learning from his mistakes, due to the events on Mustafar as he was emotionally traumatized by the experience. He is, however, a bit boastful when dealing with opponents he considers inferior.

Vader remained as an impatient man, but generally presented himself as calm and level-headed, as he rarely lost his patience and typically had good control over his emotions, something he was not able to do in his early twenties. Due to his unstable mentality, Vader would often rest and meditate in either his meditation chamber or elsewhere where he would tap into the Force and focus on concentrating his mind. However, level-headed nature has limits as shown below.

He had an extremely low tolerance for failure and he did not get along with higher-ranking officers in the Imperial military at all. He had little to no tolerance for incompetence or for those who disrespected him, nearly choking Admiral Conan Antonio Motti to death when he disrespected Vader and challenge his powers of the Force. Many higher-ranking officers disliked the Sith Lord and his "sorcerer's ways" for no apparent reason. Despite his bad relationship with higher-ranking officers in the military, Vader got along with the Stormtroopers very well because of his front line leadership. He is also more compassionate towards them than most of his superiors as long as they obey him.

See the source image maybe Twilight could reform him like how fluttershy reform Discord. Vader isn't truly evils even evils had stand

Twilight would easily use her magic to torture Vader with his greatest weakness. Sand.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1