Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I want to introduce Starlights new Friend (New episode spoiler)

Mesme Rize

Could somepony pick up the phone? CAUSE I bucking CALLED IT! 

Please buck, don't mind if do so. :D

They better not spin Twilight as an ignorant little shit to parade their pet or I will be forced to write an extensive rage post.

Eh, who am I kidding? I’ll write it anyway!

All right, it was somewhat obvious, but by the deer gods this is one pony I am ECSTATIC to see back! Bring on the Trix!  :D

• Brohoof 1

I know episode synopses tend to not be 100% true to the episode, but if we assume it is for this episode, I don't think Trixie will do anything too unforgivable or evil. Maybe she'll be a bother and pull a few jerk moves (such as closing the door on Twilight's face or something), but nothing that indicates an antagonist.

The synopses describes Trixie as a "formerly bad pony." The key word here being formerly, which implies that Trixie did change legitimately at the end of Magic Duel. Maybe she's still a jerk, but definitely not a villain.

Yeah, her old smug attitude made me nervous, but a friend doesn't have to be a goody too shoes. WE GOT DASHIE FOR GOD'S SAKE 

I' m disappointed it didn't turn out to be Sunset Shimmer

Wouldn't make sense. Twilight wouldn't mistrust her.

• Brohoof 4

omgshhhh is this really?? ( * O* )/

beautiful~

haha but in all honestly I've always secretly hoped that we'd have a meet-up / reunion of the powerful unicorns. well two unicorns and an alicorn. BUT STILL!! I've been wanting something like this badly! can't wait to see them tangle. it's very unlikely, but if only we could get sunset shimmer in there somehow! then it'd be complete

I learned that Trixie was coming back, so I personally asked her to bring Quesadilla's to Twilight's Friendship Festival

CgsHYSRVEAAypSB.jpg

Needless to say, Twilight just banished me to Tatarus for this. XP

Can i atleast keep the Quesadillas please? :P

• Brohoof 1

I think those comics could potentially be the first to be overwritten by the show, especially if Rainbow Dash, AJ, Rarity or Fluttershy don't appear....

which sucks because the Trixie comics are actually pretty solid and are some of the better MLP comics out there

True that, the trixie comics were really well done.

On that note, given how well RD and Trixie played off each other in that comic plus Rainbow rocks and guitar centered, I honestly feel that RD works better as a foil to Trixie than Twilight due to their Similarities in personality but differences in values.

• Brohoof 1

Well, colour me disappointed. I made a point of checking out Equestria TV this morning only to find out that it somehow slipped past my radar that the episode has been delayed another week. Discovery Family loved to do this sort of thing with season 5, so I shouldn't be surprised, but it still kind of blows. Here's hoping they don't pull longer delays, like ones that last two weeks, or especially the large mid-season hiatus we got last season. I guess the positive is that the break between seasons ended up being shorter since a whole half-season was delayed for so long, but I'd rather not have a repeat of that if at all possible. Anyways, I guess I'll be seeing Trixie in a week.

I have a bad feeling about this. I fear the writers are going to try and make Starlight Glimmer look good at the expense of Twilight Sparkle and Trixie. Moreover, I fear the writers are going to try and paint Trixie as being a whole lot worse than she actually is, while simultaneously downplaying Glimmer's own actions in Season 5.

Quite frankly I can't get behind Starlight's change. It feels ridiculously hollow.

Same.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

I have a bad feeling about this. I fear the writers are going to try and make Starlight Glimmer look good at the expense of Twilight Sparkle and Trixie. Moreover, I fear the writers are going to try and paint Trixie as being a whole lot worse than she actually is, while simultaneously downplaying Glimmer's own actions in Season 5.

Same.

I doubt it. It really seems like it's going down the "we're gonna make everyone assume this character is worse than she really is" route (something I'm completely fine with if done right). I mean, the music and lighting during her appearance in the trailer was way too overdone. Otherwise, it's just odd how they'd juxtapose that reintroduction to how she ended off last time. Of course, I could be wrong and this episode won't be very good, but I have faith in them which they haven't broken for me this season thus far.

As for Twilight, well to be honest, they've haven't been handling her character the best since mid-season 5 anywho so that hasn't been anything new, unfortunately.

Honestly Twilight's probably the character I'm most worried for. Mainly due to a combination of her being my second favorite, still not completely being sold on Starlight(though I'm still warming up to her), and me giving zero fucks for Trixie, but I feel like no matter what she does or how she's portrayed, there's gonna be some huge shitstorm involving her in the end of the episode. I mean, the episode hasn't even aired yet and she's already receiving a ton of heat, with Trixie's reveal just adding more fuel to the fire

Edited by Megas

You've got a whole lot more faith in the writers than I do.

But of course, they've stepped up their character development on many of the characters (aside from Twilight, as I had mentioned) as of late.

Spike is no longer a comedic bumbling idiot.

Rarity has definitely embraced her element now and is really growing her business.

Pinkie isn't just a source of random humor anymore.

Need I even elaborate on the CMC?

I say to each their own, but at the very least these three examples show the writers are keeping on the right path with many of the characters.