Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Out with a Bang

DarkHaert

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/150793-out-with-a-bang-ooc/#entry4491588

A letter has arrived at your residence today.... How curious it's on rather fancy paper. The letter inside appears to have come from the Dual Crown of the Princesses! This is what is transcribed on the letters:

To whom it may concern,

"Two monthes ago we had began a process, to gather several individuals... with particular talents such as yourself. Being such, you have been selected to participate in a program regarding Equestra's safety. On orders of her Sun Holiness, you must come to the Castle of the Two sisters, and bring identification papers.

Signed,

Sgt. Dark Façade"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems you have been requested to have business in Everfree.

Edited by DarkHaert

@@DarkHaert,

"Well ah'll be," said Redwood as she looked at the letter that had arrived this morning. "Didn't ever think ah'd get called back into service."

Redwood strapped on her tactical vest, grabbed custom four-gauge shotgun, the Appleoosa Buster, and her flask of tequila as well. She then headed out into the Everfree.

Indicus read the letter and sighed, "Thought I made it clear that I was retired and whoever wrote this must be one of those zealots that think the princesses are divinity." Indicus looked around his place and sighed getting his military ID showing him an ex squad leader in the Lunar Spec ops along with his Birth certificate from Thalemn the country he was born and raised in. "Eh might as well the odd jobs are getting dry anyway." Indicus laughed at a thought. "Besides don't want to deny a order from her holiness."  Indicus threw his gear into the pocket dimension including a marksman rifle and pistol from his time in the Thalemn military and dressed in his armor a mix of Kevlar and black and brown enchanted leather and put his sword on his side. He would take out his firearms once he arrived. Ready he headed out to the Everfree forest. 

Guardian let the letter he was holding to fall to the ground. "Back in action!" he proclaimed to no one. He turned around from his front door and walked to a door that led to his basement. Once down there, he put on his bulky armor. The armor was custom made to stop most small arms fire from getting to him. He then proceeded to grab his signature weapon of choice, the M-249B and plenty of ammo.

He went back to the main floor of his house and headed outside, to the Everfree forest.

@@DarkHaert,

After a relatively short trek through the Everfree, Redwood made it to the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters.

She proceeded to walk inside and called, "Hello? Is anyone there? Ah was called here by order of th' princesses."

While she waited, Redwood took out her flask and took a swig.

A slurp of coffee was heard, "Hello Redwood," A voice said, "You're here first, that's good, the others should be soon. Name is Dark Façade." Façade smiled and then proceeded to yawn. "I'm not quite awake yet." A damaged chair laid on the floor, and Façade picked it up and sat down on it, to wait for the others.

Indicus arrived at the Castle of the Two Sisters and looked around to see two ponies near a table one drinking coffee the other taking a sip out of a flask. "Well here I am I presume we get details once everyone is here." Indicus took his rifle and pistol one was a SRS A1  with a 15x scope, silencer, bipod, rangefinder and extended ten round magazine. The pistol was a Colt M-1911 with a Silencer and red dot sight. He quietly sat down on the floor and stripped down the weapons and started checking them.

(Images below for reference)

post-25643-0-70245500-1461814757_thumb.jpg

post-25643-0-79216700-1461814760.jpg

Edited by Shadow Dancer

Guardian trudged through the thick forest. Taking tree branches that hung too low away from the trees with little to no effort. He happily hummed a tune as he walked. Every so often he would stomp his left hoof onto the ground along with the beat. After ripping a bush from its roots on accident, he entered an area where three other ponies were waiting.

"Am I late?" he asked to them all with a smile on his face.

@@Rokkurin

"Nah, y'all ain't late. Mahself and th' other guy just got here too," said Redwood as she casually sipped her flask.

@@DarkHaert,

"So, ah'll be th' first to ask: how come we were called here by Royal order? What exactly is this threat to Equestria we've been called in to deal with?"

Façade smiled and stood up. "Follow me." Façade began walking to the library. "Just to tell you all now, since you're here, name's Dark Façade, and yes, it's a c that sounds like an s. You may ask why? Does it look like I care? I've been sent by Captain Holiness the I, and yes I referred to the Sun Princess that way because I don't like her. I have been assigned a mission: to take down a major arms dealer in Saddle Arabia. However I do it is up to me. And I am allowed to call on help. I chose you. So what do ya say? You in?" Façade said with a smirk.

@@DarkHaert,

"Fuck it, ah'm in. Ah been sittin' around doin' nothin' fer too long anyways. Hold on," Redwood said as she pulled a set of dog tags from her tactical vest. "Y'all said ah needed identification, right? Will this do?"

While Redwood had retired from the military a few years ago, a lack of work or any real goals made this seem like an appealing opportunity.

Façade eyed the dog tags, "Yep, that will work." Façade smiled as he entered the library, and there was an command station amougst the books. The bookshelves have been moved to the walls, and the room had been restored and refurnished. A holographic globe dominated the room. And computer terminals surround it. On the far wall, a blast door sat, and a dropship is being lowered into the expansive room. "We've kinda retrofitted the castle into a command base.

@@DarkHaert

Guardian walked behind the little formation they created while walking. He had a big grin on his face as he took in the surroundings. "Oh." he said. 'I need identification. He he, silly me.' He dug into his back pocket and pulled out an ID. Multiple ones. "Will these work? I got them from when I was traveling around the world.

Façade took a couple of them and flipped through them. "Your cleared. So if you need anything, just run by me. I'm going to head to the armory and take a look at a shipment I had recently ordered. You're welcome to come along. And Indicus, I need an ID." Façade adjusted his shirt and smiled. He then looked at the hologlobe. "And just in case you're wondering, no magic is being used."

Indicus put his weapons back together and shrugged presenting his papers showing his former rank and the such "Here everything about my military career that is not covered with black ink." Indicus looked at Redwood,  "Indicus, sixteen years in the military twelve as a Thelemn Marine and four as Lunar spec ops. 

@@Shadow Dancer,

"Ah heard that y'all spec ops boys are real good. Real secretive too," said Redwood as she took another sip from her flask. "Do y'all want a drink? It's silver tequila, th' good stuff."

From Redwood's experience, offering someone a drink usually got people's trust, which was always helpful.

@@crispy fries,

"Most I can say is Luna hand selected us herself from military's across the globe, I accepted two years after I retired from the Marines and got the notice. Anyway tequila sounds good let me see if I can find a glass around here." Indicus replied as he put the pistol in it's holster and slung the rifle across his back.

Façade leaned over a computer terminal and grabbed a glass, and handed it to Indicus. "I'm good Redwood. I think I'll check that shipment now. Feel free to explore and ask around," Façade then set off through a new blast door in the library into the armory, which contained about ten to fifteen large crates.

Indicus swirled the drink a little before drinking a portion of the tequila feeling the burn go down his throat and settle in his stomach, He then looked at the other pony that would be going with them on the operation, though he really wanted a bit more of the details of the operation and why she could not send one of her or Luna's military personnel instead of dragging some retirees out to take care of the issue.  

@@crispy fries, Guardian turned to the mare that offered him a drink. He gladly accepted a drink after the other pony took one. "The names Guardian, been serving in the Royal Guard for about 2 years then was sent across the globe to study and train in a variety of close quarters combat and heavy gun usage." He took his helmet off and let his white mane flow freely. He then proceeded to take a swift drink from the flask. "Hmm, not my favorite, but it does the trick." He said as he handed back the flask.

@@DarkHaert,

"So, what kinda intel do we got on this guy?" asked Redwood. "And on a side note, how come y'all got a buncha retirees fer this op?"

It seemed odd that they had been chosen rather than someone who was still on active duty. Maybe it was that having a team that wasn't officially related to the Equestrian government could offer some deniability.