Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer

ProjectRKA

(edited)

Oh boy. I'm gonna see it purely because I love Assassin's Creed but I feel as though this is definitely going to be a disappointment in some way. Also I'm already kind of disappointed this doesn't feature Ezio's story.

Edited by Holiday
  • Brohoof 2

I actually really like the Trailer, looks like an interesting Movie.  :twi:

But, as almost all Video Game Adaptations are hated on, i dont know...i just hope it will be successful, because the Trailer looked really interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Well the visuals look nice, but I'm worried about that the fighting scenes and dialogues will look and feel very scripted. I'm not a big AC fan but I'm definitely going to see this.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah looks good :D

I love you Assassins creed games so i am excited to see this. By the looks of things the modern day scenes look interesting so hopefully those bits are better than in the games. 

Nice,  seems like this and Word of War Craft do well,  maybe some other games will be done right to the big TV!

Considering that the Ratchet & Clank film has seemingly flopped, I have some hope that AC won't do the same. That said, the trailer itself looks pretty awesome. :)

• Brohoof 2

Considering that the Ratchet & Clank film has seemingly flopped, I have some hope that AC won't do the same. That said, the trailer itself looks pretty awesome. :)

It's a shame that the R&C film was so unsuccessful, tbh. Had great potential. :/

After Silent Hill Revelation, I'm pretty hesitant on video game movies. I'm not really an AC fan but if it turns out decent, I'll watch it.

I can understand why so much negativity surrounds the film, but I actually feel quite confident in this film. Going on to IMDB and checking out the credits for it, the director is fantastic with an incredibly strong cast filling out the roles. That's a good sign from the beginning, because game films that might have a recognisable actor or two don't necessarily have good directors and writers to actually make anything of it. 

But what is most important to me, is that the director has said that he's not making the film for the fans. Now, before people raise their pitchforks, they need to realise that this is an INCREDIBLY good thing. The reason the R&C film failed earlier this year was because it was staying too true to the games, using humour and references only fans would understand. But this AC film is INTENDED to appeal to a wide audience that may have never even heard of the games before which is a VERY smart move on Ubi's part. It allows the film to work better as a film, and gives the director more creative freedom with the setting and characters.

Plus, Michael Fassbender is confident in the film. And who doesn't trust him? XD

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad to know that this will be in the same universe the games are in just from a different perspective. Hopefully these risks their taking with the material pay off.

(Already predicting a Desmond Miles cameo somewhere in a post-credits scene lmao)

I'm seeing this film like a double-edged sword. For one, films based on video games tend to be disappointing but on the other, this film is not based on any of the previous assassins' stories and that, for me, is a good thing. I liked Ezio's and Edward's stories but I am very much open to seeing another character be the lead. As long as the movie stays true to what made the games' stories good, I'll be satisfied.