Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Dragon Ridge Flight Academy (RP)

Drago Ryder

@Stardust* @Acnologia

Blitz walked into the mess hall and sat in front of Ailena, making sure to look around the room as he did. "Who knew that something like this coud come out of a peace deal." He said, giving a slight smile. The teen didn't really know what would happen when he would bond with his dragon, but he could tell that it was going to be important.

Star laid on the grass a few inches from Abner and couldn't help but be amazed by the sights. "It's beautiful." She muttered.

• Brohoof 1

@Drago Ryder @Stardust*

Kyubi nodded slightly as she sat down next to Blitz. "Yeah, though I am curious as to why those who created the peace deal would go for something so specific, or why they only accepted teens into the school itself." She said, somewhat curious. The teen had heard a few rumors as to what the purpose of the school actually was, but those were from humans that hadn't even attended.

@Skylord Nexus

Nyx gave a slight shrug and noticed the burned patches of grass. "I could guess as much." She said, giving a slight smile. "I'm actually in the ice flight, so I guess the two of us are opposites. Personally, I don't really see it that way in most aspects so far, though."

• Brohoof 1

@@Acnologia@@Drago Ryder,

"Well, actually the academy was created by a dragon rider from each flight and their dragons. They wanted a place where they..." She stopped suddenly worrying about sounding overly smart or a 'know it all'. "Uhm... I'm sure it's because adults are just too set in their ways..." She slouched down and looked at the table.  

"I sure hope they serve breakfast soon. I'm famished." she said sheepishly. 

Abner nodded at Star in agreement. "Well, we should be heading back, they should have breakfast ready for us." He stood and stretched his wings. "Race ya." He gave Star a playful wink and crouched down before flapping his wings and shooting up in the air. 

Evan walked into the dining hall and sat down at an empty table, waiting for breakfast.

'I wonder what's for breakfast today? Sure hope it's good.' He thought.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Shadowalker had prepared his first prank at school. When the other dragons returned for breakfast, a few buckets of paste would dump on their heads and then they would be covered in feathers, all thanks to the classic door drop trick.

'They won't even know what hit them.' He thought, rubbing his talons together maniacally.

@,

Aileana looked over to the boy alone at another table near by. "Hey, you... you can come sit with us if you would like." She waved at him and gave a smile. She tried desperately to avoid talking about her quick fix to try and not sound so arrogant. She looked to Kyubi and Blitz, hoping that they didn't notice her red face of embarrassment. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Acnologia,

Flare nodded "Id noticed your flight by how the dew reacted to your body." Flare chucked at Nyx "Indeed, honestly the same thing is apparent in most dragon flights, there are never really many opposites only really fire and ice." Flares stomach then grumbled and growled in frustration "For goodness sake when are the humans going to serve dinner, I'm starving!"

Lucius looked up and watched as the girl at another table offered someone to sit with her and her friends, Lucius just laughed a bit and took out a pad and a pen as he began to doodle dragons and over more random stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Aileana looked over to the boy alone at another table near by. "Hey, you... you can come sit with us if you would like." She waved at him and gave a smile. She tried desperately to avoid talking about her quick fix to try and not sound so arrogant. She looked to Kyubi and Blitz, hoping that they didn't notice her red face of embarrassment. 

Evan noticed the girl trying to get his attention, she had invited him to sit with them. No one had ever done that in his entire life. Everyone had always purposely excluded him from everything because they thought he was some weirdo. That was why he had never made any friends before. So after this simple gesture of kindness, he got up and sat down with them at the table, next to the girl who had invited him over.

He hadn't ever had a conversation with others before so he just introduced himself. "Um, hello. My name is Evan." After that he sat in the akward silence for a moment and then said to the girl. "Thanks for inviting me over."

• Brohoof 1

@@@Acnologia,@@Drago Ryder,

Aileana smiled, "Nice to meet you Evan! My name is Aileana, this is Kyubi and that's Blitz. How has your first morning gone so far?" Shea asked. 

As they were talking students began to flood into the dining hall. Soon after the food had arrived. "OH! Thank goodness! This all looks so delicious!" She said as her eyes grew wide. The smell of fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and coffee filled the room! She instantly reached for the eggs, bacon and toast. She wanted the coffee, but went with orange juice instead. Even though she wanted to shove everything in her mouth at once, she delicately picked up her napkin, placed it in her lap, and picked up her knife and fork. She began to politely eat her breakfast while trying to still make conversation with the three other students. 

"Evan, are you excited about the dragons?" she asked. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Abner reached the barn and watched as the humans were rounding up the first meal of the day in a rather large pen down below the barn. He could see a dark dragon poking his head from around the corner of the building with a bit of a smirk on his face. Abner rolled his eyes. Up to his tricks again I see. Well, no point in ruining his fun, but I won't be the one getting caught. He thought. 

Waiting patiently until the humans were completely out of the pen before diving down to swoop up a large heifer. He didn't want to alert the other dragons, they liked to cause a scene, and Abner liked to be peaceful about it. Being kind and thankful for his meal, and without the crude manner as some of the others. When the humans were clear of the locked fence he spread his wings and dove down, plucking out a good sized cow and heading to his usual spot. 

• Brohoof 1

@@@Acnologia,@@Drago Ryder,

Aileana smiled, "Nice to meet you Evan! My name is Aileana, this is Kyubi and that's Blitz. How has your first morning gone so far?" Shea asked. 

As they were talking students began to flood into the dining hall. Soon after the food had arrived. "OH! Thank goodness! This all looks so delicious!" She said as her eyes grew wide. The smell of fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and coffee filled the room! She instantly reached for the eggs, bacon and toast. She wanted the coffee, but went with orange juice instead. Even though she wanted to shove everything in her mouth at once, she delicately picked up her napkin, placed it in her lap, and picked up her knife and fork. She began to politely eat her breakfast while trying to still make conversation with the three other students. 

"Evan, are you excited about the dragons?" she asked. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Abner reached the barn and watched as the humans were rounding up the first meal of the day in a rather large pen down below the barn. He could see a dark dragon poking his head from around the corner of the building with a bit of a smirk on his face. Abner rolled his eyes. Up to his tricks again I see. Well, no point in ruining his fun, but I won't be the one getting caught. He thought. 

Waiting patiently until the humans were completely out of the pen before diving down to swoop up a large heifer. He didn't want to alert the other dragons, they liked to cause a scene, and Abner liked to be peaceful about it. Being kind and thankful for his meal, and without the crude manner as some of the others. When the humans were clear of the locked fence he spread his wings and dove down, plucking out a good sized cow and heading to his usual spot.

"It's nice to meet you too." Evan said as he filled a plate with eggs, bacon and toast, turning it all into a sandwich. "Now this is how you're supposed to enjoy breakfast." He said before taking a bite of his creation. After he finished chewing and swallowed his food, he answered Aileana's question.

"Yup, I can't wait to meet them. On the way here I actually saw one acting suspicious outside of their stable. I wonder what it was up to?"

Shadowalker saw Abner notice what he was up to and ducked behind the stable.

'I hope she doesn't ruin this!' He thought.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Aileana looked at his breakfast sandwich and it looked absolutely delicious! However, she still manned her knife and fork, pacing herself. She was in no way going to ruin her diet now when she had finally achieved her goal weight. She was not going to be the chubby kid that everyone made fun of anymore. She was going to make friends. 

"From the sound of the conversation we should be meeting our dragons after breakfast! I'm very excited! I saw a large white dragon this morning, he was magnificent! I sure hope he is the one that connects with me. Either way, I'm very excited!" She said giving him a warm smile. 

Abner had finished his meal, he took a few moments to thank the Earth for his meal. Abner was very respectful for the place he called home. He never took more than he needed, and he always made sure he left a place better than when he had gotten there. The Earth was his home, and he was going to take care of it. 

• Brohoof 1

Lucius stopped doodling when breakfast was served, he went and got a decent amount of everything before sitting back down in his solitude and eating.

@@Acnologia,

Suddenly, Flare's nostrils picked up a sent "Hmm I think the humans have served breakfast... well I'm off see ya Ice Block!" With that Flare almost jumped up and flew off laughing at the nickname he just gave Nyx. Flare soared across the sky, until he saw the cows and swooped down, clutching one in his claws before chucking it in front of him and breathing a strong length at fire at the defenceless cow then... he ate it whole. "Yum! I do so love medium-rare steak in the morning!" 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stardust* @Acnologia

Blitz nodded slightly and noticed that Aileana had been acting nervous ever since she had told them a bit about the school. "Nice. I can't wait." He said, before deciding to talk to the girl about what had gotten her so flustered. "By the way, don't be afraid to show how intelligent you are." As for the breakfast, the teen had gotten a few strips of bacon, fruit, and two rice balls wrapped with seaweed. Blitz then nodded at Evan and smiled. "My name's Blitz."

It didn't take long for Star Dancer to arrive at the field and get her own breakfast, and she soon began to eat it on hill not to far from the mountain the academy was situated on. "The land around here is beautiful to say the least." She said as she ate. When the dragoness was finished, she buried the bones of the cow, and a small sapling sprouted from the center of the burial site.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

@Skylord Nexus @Drago Ryder @Stardust*

Kyubi got her lunch and smiled as Blitz spoke to Aileana. He's right. You can be anyone you want here, just so long as it doesn't harm anyone else." She said, before turning her attention to Evan. "It's nice to meet you. My name's Kyubi." For breakfast, the teen had gotten a mango, rice mixed with raw eggs and fermented soybeans, tofu, and tea.

In a rare instance of showing emotion, Nyx couldn't help but smirk slightly as she raced after Flare. Eventually, she ate her meal and looked into the sky. "Looks like I'll have to come up with a nickname for him sooner or later." She said. As she thought about him, the dragoness felt a light blush rice to her cheeks.

• Brohoof 1

@@Drago Ryder,@@Acnologia, @,

Aileana nodded at the two, "thank you." She said quietly. The kind words of her two new friends made her smile. She was enjoying the company and having a fun time discussing the possibilities of the different classes and which dragons they would be paired with.

Soon the breakfast food was taken away and as everyone began to leave. She had finished most of her food, and quickly took another swig of her orange juice before standing and taking her trey to the designated area. She waited at the doors for Kyubi, Blitz, and Evan. She was watching the a group of students heading out to the large field just outside of the dining hall. A large smile appeared across her face. She couldn't wait!

Abner noticed the other dragons arriving and taking their meals. He watched as Star Dancer laid the bones to rest and smiled as the sapling sprouted up. He gave her a small bow in respect and made his way back towards the stables. He watched as tiny humans began to file out of one of the buildings. He was looking for his little curious one.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stardust* @Acnologia @Skylord Nexus

Blitz noticed that most of the other teens were leaving and followed them, eventually finding himself next to Aileana. "This is it. After this nothing will probably be the same." He thought to himself.

Star dancer smiled as she watched he sapling for a while longer, before extending her wings and flying into the air. After a few moments, she landed next to the entrance to the stables and could see a few of the students in the distance.

As the students were led out of the building, a elderly man wearing a cloak with a white beard and staff stopped the students. "Before you bond with a dragon, let me tell you this. If you force the relationship or if you don't bond with a dragon, you will leave this academy, no exceptions. The same will happen should a dragon not bond with one of you. You will also be given only one dragon. No more, no less." He said. "Should a dragon want to bond with you, they will let you know, in their own way." He said, his voice showing his age.

(Please leave the story progression to me. Feel free to control your own characters, but I have a plan already set in mind for the rp.)

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Drago Ryder,@@Acnologia, @,

Aileana nodded at the two, "thank you." She said quietly. The kind words of her two new friends made her smile. She was enjoying the company and having a fun time discussing the possibilities of the different classes and which dragons they would be paired with.

Soon the breakfast food was taken away and as everyone began to leave. She had finished most of her food, and quickly took another swig of her orange juice before standing and taking her trey to the designated area. She waited at the doors for Kyubi, Blitz, and Evan. She was watching the a group of students heading out to the large field just outside of the dining hall. A large smile appeared across her face. She couldn't wait!

Abner noticed the other dragons arriving and taking their meals. He watched as Star Dancer laid the bones to rest and smiled as the sapling sprouted up. He gave her a small bow in respect and made his way back towards the stables. He watched as tiny humans began to file out of one of the buildings. He was looking for his little curious one.

@Stardust* @Acnologia @Skylord Nexus[/b]

Blitz noticed that most of the other teens were leaving and followed them, eventually finding himself next to Aileana. "This is it. After this nothing will probably be the same." He thought to himself.

Star dancer smiled as she watched he sapling for a while longer, before extending her wings and flying into the air. After a few moments, she landed next to the entrance to the stables and could see a few of the students in the distance.

As the students were led out of the building, a elderly man wearing a cloak with a white beard and staff stopped the students. "Before you bond with a dragon, let me tell you this. If you force the relationship or if you don't bond with a dragon, you will leave this academy. The same will happen should a dragon not bond with a human. You will also be given only one dragon. No more, no less." He said. "Should a dragon want to bond with you, they will let you know, in their own way." He said, his voice showing his age.

(Please leave the story progression to me. Feel free to control your own characters, but I have a plan already set in mind for the rp.)

Evan followed everyone else out of the dining hall and listened intently to every word the elder said.

'Don't worry, I'm not the kind to force anything.' He thought. Then, for some reason, (let's call it fate) Evan felt the need to look over by the dragon stables, when he did, his gaze fell upon the head of a dragon peeking around the corner.

Shadowalker met the gaze of the human looking at him and they just sat there, starring at one another. Not daring to move or blink as to disrupt the moment.

Edited by Damien & Flash

Lucius noticed everybody leaving and quickly followed, slipping his sketch away and went outside. He listened intently to the old mans speech and thought to himself "Ok this is make or brake these next few moments might change your future dramatically... remember DON'T FORCE IT!"

Flare watched as the 'little humans' flocked outside and landed just outside the stable and was about to enter when he had an idea "Hmm... I bet it would be funny to, as they all go inside or meet us, to hold back and then I come out all scary and threaten to eat all of them! yeah that would be funny, it should also so the little chumps not to mess with me!" ​Flare then began to do a slightly evil laugh but then remembered what he was doing "Oh right yeah hide." with that Flare skulked off somewhere to hide. 

• Brohoof 1

Bayou was, unsurprisingly, late. He'd entirely slept in, having been unable to fall asleep in the first place out of pure excitement, and turned up to the dining hall in the last couple of minutes as the food was beginning to get packed up. Somehow, the teen managed to snag one of the last sandwiches with a victorious cheer, eating it quickly before the flood of people exiting washed him back out as well. He was still munching when the elderly man began to speak, and silently absorbed everything he was saying. Nervously, he swallowed, feeling his palms begin to grow a little clammy out of a mix of excitement and fear. I wonder which dragon will be mine! How will they find me? And... What if they don't?

---------------------------------------

Araluen had been let out of the stables with the other dragons, but had chosen to fly in an entirely different direction. Whereas her counterparts seemed to enjoy cattle, she preferred the food of her flight - fish. There were plenty to be found in the large lakes on the grounds, and she spent their morning period diving, eating her fill of the schools beneath the surface. She returned exactly on time, however, water still glinting on her scales as she landed next to a large, white dragon (@Stardust*), bowing her head in greeting as she folded her wings next to him. She had foreseen a bond between her and a teen, and, although it was only a thread of possibility in a web of futures, she still couldn't help but feel a little hope.

• Brohoof 1

Aileana listened to the elder, feeling a bit embarrassed as she didn't wait long enough to see him stand and want to address the student body. He did have very important information, information that could potentially end her time here before it even got started. She looked around and noticed that Blitz, and Evan were standing close by. She was even more nervous now then when she was this morning. 

She let out a sigh and looked around. Waiting to make her next move. 

Abner watched as the blue dragon landed next to him. He too bowed slightly in her direction. Her scales glistening, he knew she has spent her time in the lakes. Maybe I will have to visit the lake tomorrow. He thought to himself. 

He gave her a toothy grin and introduced himself. 

"Good morning, I know I have seen you around, but I have never properly introduced myself. My name is Abner."

• Brohoof 1

Nyx noticed the other dragons leave and that she was also one of the last to leave. "I guess it's about that time." She thought to herself, before making her way back to the stables. She could see a few students in the distance and was eager to see what her human would be like.

Kybui wrung her hands as the elderly man spoke. She hadn't thought that not having a dragon would be taken so severly. "I guess it makes sense that that would happen. This school was made to bring peace between two species." She muttered to herself, somewhat nervous.

• Brohoof 1

Bayou shuffled a little impatiently on the spot, glancing around and observing the reactions of the other students to what the elder was saying. He spotted a girl standing a little ways off (@Acnologia) muttering to herself and wringing her hands nervously. He contemplated getting her attention, but decided she was much too absorbed in her thoughts, and continued looking. His gaze was soon drawn to an auburn-haired girl who also seemed to be looking around (@Stardust*), and, hoping he would catch her attention, he waited until she was staring in his general direction before waving. He smiled, offering a thumbs up and mouthing the words: "Good luck!"

----------------------------------------

Araluen quirked an eyebrow at his introduction - no dragon had attempted to approach her in the past - before she smiled ever-so-slightly herself. She was mildly surprised he had noticed her among the other dragons. An observant one, it seems. "Good morning, Abner. My name is Araluen, pleasure to make your acquaintance." she murmured, somewhat drowned out by the chatter of the humans.

• Brohoof 1

@@MiniKirby123,

Aileana had been watching the other students and her eyes caught the gaze of another. A boy was giving her a thumbs up and mouthed the words, "Good luck!"

She smiled at him and motioned back with a thumbs up and mouthing the words, "You too!" She continued to look his way and then decided to wave him over. Hoping that he would join her in her wait to meet the dragons.

Abner nodded at Araluen, he leaned in close to her so she could hear, "Have you found one yet? I'm waiting on one, haven't seen her emerge from the building yet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to let her know that I have chosen her."  

• Brohoof 1

@Everyone

A few of the students were obviously nervous about what had been revealed. It was obvious that they hadn't been expecting there to be a punishment for not bonding with a dragon, but most of them did stay. The elderly man gave a slight smile and nodded. "Now that that has been dealt with, its time for the moment you've all been waiting for. In the stables, you will find a dragon that will stay with and support you for the duration of your stay here, and possibly for the rest of your life depending on the strength of your bond. As for who I am, my name is Ivo, one of the two headmasters of this school. The other is a dragon that I have personally formed a bond with, Blitz."

As soon as he finished, a dragon the size of a small house landed behind Ivo and glanced at the students gathered and gave a slight huff, expelling smoke from his nostrils. "The dragons just ate, so now would probably be the best time for the two groups to meet for the first time."

Ivo glanced back at the dragon and nodded, before turning his attention back to the human students. "As of now, you are on your own. None of the staff will help you." He said, as he got on the dragon's back. The reptile then flew into the air and towards the mountain summit.

Blitz was surprised to say the least for two reasons. One, he had just met the headmaster of the school without even realizing it. Two, he shared a name with a dragon. To be honest, the latter made more sense. Either way, it was time for the others and himself to take the first major step in the school. The teen was one of the first to step forward and silently approached the stables.

Star Dancer noticed that students were approaching the stables and narrowed her eyes, looking through the small first,brave group to move forward. For now, she would try to find a possible match for her before they entered.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Everyone

A few of the students were obviously nervous about what had been revealed. It was obvious that they hadn't been expecting there to be a punishment for not bonding with a dragon, but most of them did stay. The elderly man gave a slight smile and nodded. "Now that that has been dealt with, its time for the moment you've all been waiting for. In the stables, you will find a dragon that will stay with and support you for the duration of your stay here, and possibly for the rest of your life depending on the strength of your bond. As for who I am, my name is Ivo, one of the two headmasters of this school. The other is a dragon that I have personally formed a bond with, Blitz."

As soon as he finished, a dragon the size of a small house landed behind Ivo and glanced at the students gathered and gave a slight huff, expelling smoke from his nostrils. "The dragons just ate, so now would probably be the best time for the two groups to meet for the first time."

Ivo glanced back at the dragon and nodded, before turning his attention back to the human students. "As of now, you are on your own. None of the staff will help you." He said, as he got on the dragon's back. The reptile then flew into the air and towards the mountain summit.

Blitz was surprised to say the least for two reasons. One, he had just met the headmaster of the school without even realizing it. Two, he shared a name with a dragon. To be honest, the latter made more sense. Either way, it was time for the others and himself to take the first major step in the school. The teen was one of the first to step forward and silently approached the stables.

Star Dancer noticed that students were approaching the stables and narrowed her eyes, looking through the small first,brave group to move forward. For now, she would try to find a possible match for her before they entered.

Evan wrenched his gaze away from the Dragon that he had been looking at.

'I wonder, could it be Destiny that had us look at each other?'

Meanwhile...

After the human looked away and the group started moving towards the stable, Shadowalker panicked.

'Oh no! They're going to walk right into the prank I have set up!'

So then he jumped in front of the group of humans and blocked the door with a sheepish grin on his face.

Edited by Damien & Flash
  • Brohoof 1

(@Stardust*) Bayou smiled as she noticed, and made a stupid peace sign as a way of thanks. He paused when she motioned at him, before glancing around with mock confusion. "Who, me?" he mouthed, before grinning and awkwardly beginning to shuffle his way through the crowds. Eventually, he made it to her side with a dramatic huff, wiping imaginary sweat off his brow. "Phew, that was a trek! My name's Bayou, nice to meet you!" He opened his mouth to continue, before closing it again as the headmaster started talking.

After his little speech, Bayou glanced at the girl next to him, smiling decidedly more nervously as he fiddled with his earrings. "So," he cleared his throat, "You ready? I mean, I don't know if I'll find a dragon, and I'll be banished I guess if I don't, but... Here goes nothing, right?"

------------------

Araluen merely smiled. "I have not found one for sure, but I am hoping." she confided, a knowing look in her eyes. "I'm sure you'll know when you see her - just follow your instincts." she said, before  turning her eyes to the incoming students. "Here they come now. Fortune be with you, Abner."

• Brohoof 2