Seeking Art, Offering Randomness

Randimaxis

Ah, yes... references.  Here - take your pick:

598860aea0d5c_DaxBW.thumb.png.07c67a38e07cfec0039df75cec221715.png

598860e529dba_HarcourtBW.thumb.png.5d92b0fc81d775f3125ce5d85cca40a8.png

5988610038c14_OglevyBW.thumb.png.99eb4898d6845e997794754300ace579.png

5988611b9689d_LutherBW.thumb.png.f6d00b7cb02b6e0137cd8b21d97dd133.png

598861350f34f_VyliaBW.thumb.png.50a286b205a37443a74fd0c29c1ae170.png

Those are the Blackwaters... but if you want, you're welcome to pick one of the others:

598861c737d52_SmoothGroovebyEmeraldStar.thumb.png.48f6f5bbe42e990594e80a78ac655922.png

Smooth Groove, or "Groovi"

598861dbbd973_GideonAnomalybyGlitterbomb.thumb.jpg.8a7bc97b88b3568c1dfb7c86615fb436.jpg

Gideon Anomaly, my villain OC

598861f02275b_GullyFluff.png.aca14b3479805d0c534d93d68469df1d.png

Gully Fluff (A Shetland pony)

RandiMaxis.thumb.png.6a28161369ce96d125b206be697a834a.png

... and Randi Maxis, my ponysona.

Pick whichever one appeals to you the most; I'm hardly picky.

58 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Ah, yes... references.  Here - take your pick:

598860aea0d5c_DaxBW.thumb.png.07c67a38e07cfec0039df75cec221715.png

598860e529dba_HarcourtBW.thumb.png.5d92b0fc81d775f3125ce5d85cca40a8.png

5988610038c14_OglevyBW.thumb.png.99eb4898d6845e997794754300ace579.png

5988611b9689d_LutherBW.thumb.png.f6d00b7cb02b6e0137cd8b21d97dd133.png

598861350f34f_VyliaBW.thumb.png.50a286b205a37443a74fd0c29c1ae170.png

Those are the Blackwaters... but if you want, you're welcome to pick one of the others:

598861c737d52_SmoothGroovebyEmeraldStar.thumb.png.48f6f5bbe42e990594e80a78ac655922.png

Smooth Groove, or "Groovi"

598861dbbd973_GideonAnomalybyGlitterbomb.thumb.jpg.8a7bc97b88b3568c1dfb7c86615fb436.jpg

Gideon Anomaly, my villain OC

598861f02275b_GullyFluff.png.aca14b3479805d0c534d93d68469df1d.png

Gully Fluff (A Shetland pony)

RandiMaxis.thumb.png.6a28161369ce96d125b206be697a834a.png

... and Randi Maxis, my ponysona.

Pick whichever one appeals to you the most; I'm hardly picky.

Okay! Now because I have school tomorrow and it's almost midnight here I won't actually start working on your headshot of your OC until I get home from school tomorrow. But still I made that image of Techno in around 20 minutes so I should be able to draw up the headshot of your OC in around 20 minutes to once I start work on it! :)

• Brohoof 1

On 06/08/2017 at 11:03 PM, Randimaxis said:

Wow... thanks, you two!

Sure, I can try to come up with something - if there's anything in particular you'd like me to work with, just say so; I'm versatile!

Oh, if you could draw my other OC fools gold on an excavating trip. Or something like that. Tell me what you'd like me to do. I've got plenty of options, I'm not  great at action shots tough. If you want examples just ask.:nom:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, OmbreInks said:

Oh, if you could draw my other OC fools gold on an excavating trip. Or something like that.

I'll do what I can... reference pic, please?

Tell me what you'd like me to do. I've got plenty of options, I'm not  great at action shots tough. If you want examples just ask.

What I'D like you to do?  Hmmmmmm...

Well, I'd like something YOU think would work, with one of the above examples that YOU like the look of.  I ask this because it gives me a better idea of which characters appear more interesting to other folks; it helps me gauge which ones to focus on, and which ones need work.

3 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

It would look quite good for a profile pic

OH!  It's nifty!

I really do like it - that one's going into her folder!  Thank you thank you thank you thaaaaaaank youuuuuuu!!!!!

I am currently working on something, but I'd love to see an example of that cape you spoke of.  Plus, I have to figure out how to get it scanned... but once those are tackled, you'll have your part ASAP!

40 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Well, I'd like something YOU think would work, with one of the above examples that YOU like the look of.  I ask this because it gives me a better idea of which characters appear more interesting to other folks; it helps me gauge which ones to focus on, and which ones need work.

OH!  It's nifty!

I really do like it - that one's going into her folder!  Thank you thank you thank you thaaaaaaank youuuuuuu!!!!!

I am currently working on something, but I'd love to see an example of that cape you spoke of.  Plus, I have to figure out how to get it scanned... but once those are tackled, you'll have your part ASAP!

Okay here's another image of Techno with his cape that another artist made for me! Except though his cape would be a lot bigger than what's in the ref image! Like probably a bigger size than Mare-Do-Well's cape! Plus the blue certit patterns on his cape would look better if they were a darker blue than the ref image. Like the same colour as Techno's tail! Plus the image you draw would look really good if Techno was in a windy environment like in the ref image! Anyways I guess I did better than I expected with drawing Groovi then! Plus if your OC Groovi somehow was on MLP forums the image a drew of her would probably be her profile pic!  :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0fb803e116b9ebaa4ce5ce6619a32f28.jpeg

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Okey so how's everything going with progress!

I work in pencil normally, but I may add some ink once it's done; once finished, I still have to find a way to make it digital & send it here, but I've a few ideas yet.

Just now, Randimaxis said:

I work in pencil normally, but I may add some ink once it's done; once finished, I still have to find a way to make it digital & send it here, but I've a few ideas yet.

Well to be honest to get the image digital you could just take a high res photo of it using a professional high quality camera. Like if you have like a good Cannon or Nikon camera you could just use those! :)

• Brohoof 1

On 08/08/2017 at 11:32 AM, Randimaxis said:

OH!  It's nifty!

I'll start creating a reference sheet for you to work from. Just sit back and relax. ;)

• Brohoof 1

On 8/9/2017 at 8:48 AM, Techno Universal said:

just take a high res photo of it

Well, I don't HAVE a high-res... uhm, anything... so I'll just have to use my phone.  

My apologies that it took so long, but when you've got two kids, a wife and a while house to tend to, things fall behind... however, I've finally finished (or at least as finished as I plan on getting), and got two different pics of the thing so you can see it better.  

As promised...:

598dd29d8ae6e_TechnoUniversalbyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.2f0f2e7cebfffbaf5655a621aa18ba55.jpg598dd2a6921b7_TechnoUniversalviewtwobyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.97ba32c97f626537304b480b3eb9bf61.jpg

My sincerest apologies that it's not digital art, but I SUCK at drawing with a mouse... I do hope this is adequate enough for ya, my friend.

5 hours ago, OmbreInks said:

I've started doing your ponysona, Randi Maxis

O.O

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

... uhm, I mean, it looks really nifty - thank you!  And I am NOW starting on yours; hopefully, I should have something within a day or two.  The headshot is awesome!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Well, I don't HAVE a high-res... uhm, anything... so I'll just have to use my phone.  

My apologies that it took so long, but when you've got two kids, a wife and a while house to tend to, things fall behind... however, I've finally finished (or at least as finished as I plan on getting), and got two different pics of the thing so you can see it better.  

As promised...:

598dd29d8ae6e_TechnoUniversalbyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.2f0f2e7cebfffbaf5655a621aa18ba55.jpg598dd2a6921b7_TechnoUniversalviewtwobyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.97ba32c97f626537304b480b3eb9bf61.jpg

My sincerest apologies that it's not digital art, but I SUCK at drawing with a mouse... I do hope this is adequate enough for ya, my friend.

O.O

... uhm, I mean, it looks really nifty - thank you!  And I am NOW starting on yours; hopefully, I should have something within a day or two.  The headshot is awesome!

Yeah I know that I'm not the best at digital art but I'm really good with Copic markers on traditional art at school. Anyways it's actually looking really good plus I am one of two kids in an Australian family and I know how busy my parents are. Plus if you were my dad you would not get any time at all to work on this because you would have to always be working from home on top of doing stuff around the house. :)

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

As promised...:

O.O

I've added some little tweaks, if there's anything wrong with it just ask and it will be fixed as soon as possible. You sound busy, so don't worry about it for a while since, as I said, I'll be off for a few days. I know how busy families can get, I'm a lil' British kid and I still get tons to do. If you knew how old I was you probably wouldn't believe me, I like to think I'm quite eloquent for my age.:smug:

I have a tip for digital art:

Use a tablet! It helps! Especially if you have a stylus to go with it, unfortunately I don't so I stick with my good ol' finger.

Luckily I'm on holiday so I have time to work on my art. I am not great at full bodies and/or poses so, yeah, this is it.

IMG_4600.PNG

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1

I like to think I'm quite eloquent for my age.

Indubitably so!  

It looks really good - I very much like it!  Thank you so very kindly for this.

Give me a day or three, and you'll have your drawing, my friend.  Promise.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

Anyways for the artwork I did for you @Randimaxis I actually made it on my IPad and it's as good as a tablet but it might just have a slightly smaller screen but it's good enough for accurate results with artworks! Anyways I actually timed myself on how long it took me to make that artwork for you and it literally took around 25 minutes for me to complete it! It's just that particular art style is highly efficient and good looking so you could probably draw an OC headshot with it in only 20 minutes! It's just some random facts about the artwork that I wanted to vent out to you! :)

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Indubitably so!  

It looks really good - I very much like it!  Thank you so very kindly for this.

Give me a day or three, and you'll have your drawing, my friend.  Promise.  :pinkie:

Oh my! I can't wait to see it! Don't bother getting it done by tomorrow since I won't be there to see it, I'll likely be eating toasted marshmallows in the rain when you're done. 

No problem, I had a lot of spare time on my hooves and I was willing to help somepony out, this is my first art trade and so far, so good.

• Brohoof 1

...and so you shall:

5991c92433b66_OmbreInksOCbyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.2cf53df0552cb398677c986e5072ae5f.jpg

I added a few rogue stripes and a studded armband, just for show; I hope that's okay.  If the pose looks funky, do forgive - I was trying something new.

It took a while to do... but I felt satisfied with what I'd done; hope you feel the same, my friend. 

• Brohoof 1

And what a fluffy mare she is! Thank you! I love the extras!

17 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

...and so you shall:

5991c92433b66_OmbreInksOCbyRandimaxis.thumb.jpg.2cf53df0552cb398677c986e5072ae5f.jpg

I added a few rogue stripes and a studded armband, just for show; I hope that's okay.  If the pose looks funky, do forgive - I was trying something new.

It took a while to do... but I felt satisfied with what I'd done; hope you feel the same, my friend. 

I'm working on some new OCs so I might doodle some of yours, and we can trade again sometime? :wub: My fluffy mare is now on paper!

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, OmbreInks said:

Do you have time to do another oc of mine?

I certainly could - I'm not exactly overflowing with requests, after all... though I hope you can wait a bit, as I'm currently not at home right now.  

But feel free to go ahead and post a reference pic; it'll give me something to mentally chew on while I'm out, so I can get right to work when I get back!

• Brohoof 1

Done! This is Ombré, (one of the OCs fused in my name) she's basically a half of me. She's the Alternative Rock, Pop Culture, gloomy weirdo I can sometimes be.  She's smart and witty in some ways and is hardly affected by any negative comment on her personality, looks, likes, etc. She's a gamer, but deeply into reading aswell. Her cutie mark is some brown drumsticks, crossed over to form an X. Ombré can be misunderstood, you could interpret her as crazy, mean, or a right downer but get to know her and you won't regret making friends. She can drum, it's one of her main passions ( represented by her cutie mark ) and she shares her apartment in manehattan with a Overly-dramatic Pegasus named Splattered Inks ( the other half of me ). I might ask for inks another time. :wub:

*anime gasp* you read all of that! I congratulate you, fine sir for listening to one of my pointless explanations! 

Now for the image, of course, I'd like you to freestyle with her tail. Her mane is similar to FG because they're sisters ( yay! ) so, no questions on that.

IMG_4613.JPG

• Brohoof 1