Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Making your own racetrack concepts

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Thanks to the Forza Motorsport series, I have become rather interested in the motor racing sport, more particularly to GT Racing and V8 Supercars. With the awesome tracks that are in the world, I love to see how each one is designed in their own path and how that track is raced.

So I thought, why not take a shot at making my own racetrack concepts? A quick trip to Photoshop allowed me to create a couple of random ideas. I was thinking, perhaps some of you also have made racetrack concepts? If you have, you can share them here! ^__^ Racing fans unite!

Since Indiana is sorely lacking in good racing circuits, I decided to make a couple and here they are.

post-8308-0-78617500-1463818168_thumb.png

post-8308-0-39536100-1463818169_thumb.png

These were ones I was fiddling around with, but still, I think they turned out pretty sweet. :) Now if only the state could actually make these...We need more circuits here! Florida has like..3, that I know of.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really good with designing road courses, but I will say some of my favorite ones are Watkins Glen, the Nurburgring, Mosport, Monza, Fuji, and Bahrain. I'm more for long, sweeping corners and high speeds.

As far as oval tracks, I'd put a 0.5-0.7 mile-long progressively-banked (maximum 15 degrees) short track modeled after Lucas Oil Raceway in the NJ Meadowlands (between MetLife Stadium, Izod Center, and the boondoggle called the American Dream mall) in an attempt to bring NASCAR to the NY/NJ area. Sadly, political incompetence in NJ would more likely than not hamper an idea, like the ill-fated Grand Prix of the Americas that has been delayed for 3 years.

I'd also like to see indoor midget racing come to one of the arenas in the NY/NJ area to showcase the style of racing to more urban and suburban crowds.

(edited)

There needs to be a track in Mario Kart 9 named Dessert Desert. Just cakes, fruit, and general sweets everywhere. In a desert. I don't know anything about Forza, so I just posted Mario Kart.

Edited by gamecubeguy214