Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What if Hasbro made a medieval fantasy toy brand?

heavens-champion

This is a bit too general to be honest. I would need more details of a particular concept before I can properly judge for myself. However, here are some toy lines already that follow the same cultural/historical background.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Building-Block-Set-Enlighten-1023-Enlighten-Medieval-Lion-Castle-Knight-Carriage-Model-Toys-for-Children-Compatible/32654655950.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.1.0CdUP8

This is a bit too general to be honest. I would need more details of a particular concept before I can properly judge for myself. However, here are some toy lines already that follow the same cultural/historical background.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Building-Block-Set-Enlighten-1023-Enlighten-Medieval-Lion-Castle-Knight-Carriage-Model-Toys-for-Children-Compatible/32654655950.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.1.0CdUP8

Basically a line of action figures. The premise for the universe, well, so far the peaceful kingdom of Albion is under attack by the evil forces of Vandor, led by the Warlord Sigmund Blackheart, and King Bran and his knights must fight to protect their homeland. 

(edited)

Is this idea being implemented for real, or what hole in the sky did you pull this out of?

It was an idea that I had, really. The premise is my theory of what it could be like, with the names being hypothetical.

No, they're not working on this. I'm not working for Hasbro.

Edited by heavens-champion

There used to be a lot of toy lines in that vein in the 80's. It was pretty standard back then, though to be honest most of them were more 'Barbaric' than Medieval with the main character being the bare-chested male with a big sword. They also had difficulty sticking with the theme, so while there will be at least one armored knight in the line, there'll also always be at least one ninja, and very likely a cyborg and a zombie on the villain side.

It would be cool I think to see a medieval/fantasy line of toys, something a bit like a cross between King Arthur, Conan and He-Man. Of course it would need to have an awesome adventure cartoon to go with it and maybe a more mature style comics line.

Doesn't MLP take place in a Medieval fantasy setting, at least when the writers are not being lazy?

Also, D&D as others have said.  I don't know about action figures but WOTC puts out a lot of miniatures.