Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

@@Denim&Venom,

As he tapped buttons on the keyboard, Kyler let out a chuckle. "See, that's the thing. With computing you have much more freedom with what types of music you can create on this sort of software. You like rock, huh? So lemme see...." After a few more presses, he pressed the play button. "Alright. Give this a listen. Made it myself."

"Ah yes, i found the ponies there to be quite friendly" she says, blushing a little at the pony who was batting at her braid, she looks down a bit, thankful that her spell book hadn't been noticed as she picks it up "I-I'm from the forest of the Highlands" she explains, her tail swishing somewhat in her nervousness. Geeze, Tyra is really pretty she thinks to herself as a small smile crosses her face

"Aye, they are very nice!" Tyra agreed, then blinked at hearing where she was from. "Ahhh, my cousin is from the Highlands! ...I think." She blinked and glanced upward. "I shall have to write to her soon and ask."

She looked to Quill and smiled. "Aye, the more the happier, yes?"

@@Denim&Venom,

Elera smiles "Ooh sounds great Sofa, it'd be rather nice to see if she knows anything of my ancestors" she says as she quickly slips her book back into her bag and looks around "and you know that other fox Kyler...I don't know why but..he seems so familiar.."

@@Unicorncob

Elera simply nods at the remark by Tyra, she was simply mesmerized by her beauty and blushes before shaking her head to clear it "O-oh, I m-may know her then" she says, still blushing somewhat, she sighs and looks around, trying to think of something to say.

@@Denim&Venom,

As he tapped buttons on the keyboard, Kyler let out a chuckle. "See, that's the thing. With computing you have much more freedom with what types of music you can create on this sort of software. You like rock, huh? So lemme see...." After a few more presses, he pressed the play button. "Alright. Give this a listen. Made it myself."

"Hmmm, it does get on the repetitive side. Too long without any variety, yet too short to really play with it and make it an ongoing track for a rave. Something like a solo, a section where the tempo changes, a different vocal introduced, would spicen things up."

She then paused. "Sorry. That's my inner producer talking." she smiled sheepishly. "I help lend a credible ear during stuff like songwriting, tracking & demoing. My bosses- I mean band mates- are a bunch of perfectionists."

"As to creating music using a computer. Well, I'm of mixed opinions on that. I see the rationale as a DJ. It's essential for the electronica genre, as well as designing music on a budget for projects. 

But at the same time, I' can see where my traditionalist band mates come from. They see computerized music as an affront to hard working musicans, reducing years of artistic and technical skill to a button press. They also see the personal touch being removed, making a very sterile, impersonal collection of sounds. And finally, their biggest argument, it can't be replicated live.  If you can't recreate it in a live setting, then in their words, you're fake. 

Personally, I think it's still art. There is a personal touch in every song made, regardless of how. But I do get their frustration and in a way, fear that dudes with laptops will be more revered than dudes with guitars."

@@Orange Sparks,@@Unicorncob, @@Mentis Soliloquy,

@Flearia Dragondanser,

"She probably does. Military history tends to be more her thing, but if your kin were ever involved in a war, she'll tell you all about it. And know that other who?"  Sofa looked over to where she was pointed. "And so there is. And holy buck! He's talking to Hime." she exclaimed at the silvery grey dragoness with the long lavender ponytail mane and the longer serpent like lower body.

Elera simply nods at the remark by Tyra, she was simply mesmerized by her beauty and blushes before shaking her head to clear it "O-oh, I m-may know her then" she says, still blushing somewhat, she sighs and looks around, trying to think of something to say.

"She isn't hard to miss," Tyra said, and tilted her head at seeing how flustered she looked. "Are you well, friend?"

"She probably does. Military history tends to be more her thing, but if your kin were ever involved in a war, she'll tell you all about it. And know that other who?"  Sofa looked over to where she was pointed. "And so there is. And holy buck! He's talking to Hime." she exclaimed at the silvery grey dragoness with the long lavender ponytail mane and the longer serpent like lower body.

She blinked at Sofa, then turned and looked at the dragoness. She gasped and pointed. "A dragon?! We have dragons here?! This place is most fun!" She squeaked. "I wonder if she will let me battle her?"

@@Denim&Venom

Elera nods "Hime? So she's a Princess of sorts or is that just a name or nickname?" she asks as she looks over at the other fox, wondering why he seemed so familiar.

@@Unicorncob,

Elera blushed more and looks down to the ground, trying to think "I-I'm sorry, I just g-get nervous a-around b-beautiful g-girls" she stutters, she then realized her words and covers her muzzle "I..I mean..." she blushes deeply and tries to hide behind her tail. 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,@@Unicorncob, "You just noticed? She's honestly the first dragon you've seen?" Sofa then takes Tyra's head and forcefully turns it towards- @@Flearia Dragondanser, "See? There's one? Remember her? You shook her hand and introduced yourselves all of about 5 minutes ago! Also you may not want to fight her. Pretty buckign skilled in various martial arts disciplines like Capoeria & Tai Kwon Do. " 

@@J.R.,@@Orange Sparks, "Nickname. Short for Shirahime Sasori. Like me, she hails from Neighhon. Or maybe she's a princess and she hasn't told us. I dunno. As for the Reynold over there, I dunno him either."

She then tried to hold back her snickering, as she began cracking up at Elera's embarrassed stumbling.  "It-it's okay...h-ha-haappens to me all the time!" 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

Elera continued to hide behind her tail and blushing, but she was also smiling "I-I suppose I should tell you, if i-it isn't already obvious, b-but I'm a l..le..." she blushes more "I'm into girls" she says, getting out her brush and nervously brushing her tail, "O-oh dear, I've said too much"

@@Denim&Venom,

After listening to her critique, he nodded. Then he shrugged, "Well it's not for everyone. But I appreciate you at least taking the time to listen. I'm not trying to be better than anyone, though--music is music is music in my opinion."

"But anyway, I think I should get moving. Even with a laptop you need to practice after all."

Elera blushed more and looks down to the ground, trying to think "I-I'm sorry, I just g-get nervous a-around b-beautiful g-girls" she stutters, she then realized her words and covers her muzzle "I..I mean..." she blushes deeply and tries to hide behind her tail. 

Tyra blinked, and took a look around her. "Well, I am sure there are lots of nice girls around here!" She grinned innocently.

Also you may not want to fight her. Pretty buckign skilled in various martial arts disciplines like Capoeria & Tai Kwon Do. " 

She blinked slowly at that, and smirked. "I am a powerful warrior from my homeland! I am sure I could give her a very good battle, and she could give me one also!"

@@Unicorncob

She blushes more "I-I'm sure y-you're right" she says with a soft smile and loosens up a little "I-I mean I'm talking to one right now" she says and giggles a little then sighs "sometimes my teachings get in the way of things though, you see...I'm a...solitary witch"

@@Denim&Venom,@@Mentis Soliloquy,

@@Unicorncob,

@@Orange Sparks,

Seeing the group growing from tree to four and now with the latest addition getting the groupto five, Walleria whinced and backed away a bit towards the stairs.

"Um yea... the elevator is slow is it... fourth floor? I.. um... will se you there ok..."

she says with a low voice and tryes to flee up the stairs.

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser

@@Mentis Soliloquy

"I am a powerful warrior from my homeland! I am sure I could give her a very good battle, and she could give me one also!"
"Then by all means, do go up and challenge her. See what fate awaits you, warrior."  

"I-I mean I'm talking to one right now"

"Actually you're talking to-" she does a head count of everyone present. "Four total, right now."

"sometimes my teachings get in the way of things though, you see...I'm a...solitary witch"

*Cue crickets*   "...a wut?"

Seeing the group growing from tree to four and now with the latest addition getting the groupto five, Walleria whinced and backed away a bit towards the stairs. "Um yea... the elevator is slow is it... fourth floor? I.. um... will se you there ok..." she says with a low voice and tryes to flee up the stairs.

"Um, dude. You don't know what our room number is! And we can still take the stairs!" She hollered at her. 

"But anyway, I think I should get moving. Even with a laptop you need to practice after all."

"Agreed. Despite popular belief, even workign with electronic music requires discipline." 

@@Denim&Venom,

"Exactly. Hence why not just anyone can pick up a laptop and press a few keys and just call it music. It takes a lot of practice and understanding of how the software operates. Hell, I'm still learning a few things myself, which is why I'm also majoring in computer sciences."

@@Denim&Venom,

"Exactly. Hence why not just anyone can pick up a laptop and press a few keys and just call it music. It takes a lot of practice and understanding of how the software operates. Hell, I'm still learning a few things myself, which is why I'm also majoring in computer sciences."

I trust that the same is true playing all those songs live as well? That what you do is more than just opening Windows Media, pressing play on a laptop and letting the music blare through bass boosted sub-wolfers while you press your headphones to one ear." 

@@Denim&Venom,

He laughed. "Heh. Well when playing them live it's usually for other events such as dancing competitions or something that requires music without the need for actual singers. Or simple background stuff for people to listen to as they pass by. Or just stuff to get jiggly with, ya know?"

@@Denim&Venom,

He laughed. "Heh. Well when playing them live it's usually for other events such as dancing competitions or something that requires music without the need for actual singers. Or simple background stuff for people to listen to as they pass by. Or just stuff to get jiggly with, ya know?"

"Hey as long as it is you at the helm making the music and not just a song stored on your playlist, then it is alright by me. Cause that's what a real musician should want to do. Actually perform the music that they so proudly made, in front of a live, and preferably paying, audience." 

@@Denim&Venom,

"Makes sense. That'd be messed up for someone to claim a song as their own when it's not. Especially when there's people working their asses off trying to make a living from it. And don't think I didn't hear you say that," he smirked, "I know what people are willing to pay for too."

@@Denim&Venom,

"Makes sense. That'd be messed up for someone to claim a song as their own when it's not. Especially when there's people working their asses off trying to make a living from it. And don't think I didn't hear you say that," he smirked, "I know what people are willing to pay for too."

"Oh I didn't say anything about someone stealing a song and claiming it as their own. That's just a whole nother level of scumbag common sense stupid. I just meant a musician actually playing the song, rather than just pressing play. And no, I wasn't trying to hide that last fact. Just thought it didn't need mentioning."

@@Denim&Venom,

"Oh, you meant...heh...right." He cleared his throat, and adjusted his glasses out of nervousness. He then managed a small laugh. "Heh..right, that makes sense. But anyway, I should really get going. It's cold as hell out here. Crappy winter season weather am I right?"

She blushes more "I-I'm sure y-you're right" she says with a soft smile and loosens up a little "I-I mean I'm talking to one right now" she says and giggles a little then sighs "sometimes my teachings get in the way of things though, you see...I'm a...solitary witch"

Tyra blinked and looked at her, tilting her head. "A witch, you say?" She looked a little nervous--magic was something she had no interest in fighting, mostly because it really, really hurt.

"Then by all means, do go up and challenge her. See what fate awaits you, warrior." 

Seeing the group growing from tree to four and now with the latest addition getting the groupto five, Walleria whinced and backed away a bit towards the stairs.

"Um yea... the elevator is slow is it... fourth floor? I.. um... will se you there ok..."

she says with a low voice and tryes to flee up the stairs.

She watched the dragon fleeing toward the dorms, and blinked. "I... do not think she wishes to fight..."

@@Denim&Venom@@Unicorncob,

"well yes, there are a lot of lovely girls here" Elera says with a smile then looks to her newfound friends "I'm a solitary Witch. you know majick and all that, but don't worry, it's nothing like what Christianity and Howlywood would have you believe. Most of it is just the love and worship of nature and using herbs, roots and the such for their healing properties and such.. I d-don't conjure spirits or anything dark like that..."

@@Orange Sparks

"Oh so you're actually Wicca then? And what's christianity?"  

"I... do not think she wishes to fight..."

"Not that dragon!" She takes Tyra's head again, and turns it towards-

@@J.R.,

"Dude.  You must be at the wrong school. Cause it's like, September. And early September at that."

(we kinda set it during Summer in the first post)

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Denim&Venom,@@Mentis Soliloquy,

@@Unicorncob,@@Orange Sparks,

Walleria stoped dead in her tracks on the way up as 'sofa' as she again called herself cought her trying to sneak away.

"Well, sure... ill wait then..." and as so she satt down on the floor, seeing the norsemare look to her saying something about a fight!?

"No please no! I don't wanna fight!" Putting her hand up in a wavy motion to empathise her words. After that she sighed and looked to the big group, trying to take in what was hapening as she couldn't escape it.

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser

@@Denim&Venom,

He blinked, and blushed again. Then it hit him--it was September. His nerves had gotten to him really badly and he was messing up. "Oh, right....uh...anyway..." A few beads of sweat ran down his face. But he didn't waste anymore time, and quickly put his laptop away. "I gotta go. See ya later." With that, he ran off towards the dorms.