Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP]Crazy Noisy Bizarre Ponyville

GreenGreenWhirlWind

Upon approaching the colt, Gridia gets to take a better look at him: he's pretty short despite his appearant age, his mane is short - just like his tail - and slicked back except for a single strand of hair on the front that was right now being bent by the cap, causing it to cover a bit of his right eyebrow.

He has an average build: not remarkably skinny, fat or muscular in any way, which caused him to seem like a polar opposite to the enormously buff Stardust Strider.

The kid look at Gridia with a surprised look.

"Wait...Fireworks? you mean the rockets? you can see them too?!"

He asks in a tone filled with enthusiasm, getting up from his sitting position.

"That's great! it must mean we have the same kind of power, right?"

There was no more doubt: the young pony was a Stand user.

"These are my [Rocketmares]*, they'll deliver anything i give to them to anypony as long as i tell them their name and - Uhm, sorry, i got a bit carried away didn't i? Let's start again: My name's Jet Set, yours?"

The colt asked lifting his baseball cap - whcih was too big for his head and as such was hiding his horn - revealing that he's a unicorn.

Taking a closer look, the "Delivery" written on the cap had the same font as the ones Sugarcube Corner uses on its boxes, could it be that he's using his Stand to work here as a delivery pony?

*(named after the song "Rocketman", by Elton John.)

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind
  • Brohoof 1

Gridia tilted her head, losing her scepticism as Jet Set explained himself. Now this was making sense - the colt was a Stand user too.

"Huh, that actually makes more sense," she admitted, then shrugged and held up a fist for him to bump with his hoof, "I'm Gridia. So you've got one of those Stand things too, huh?"

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly!"
The colt awnsers.

"Tho i didn't know it was called a 'Stand', so...Thanks for telling me, i guess.

Anyway, i was saving to buy this fancy new hoofwatch i saw on an advertisement in a newspaper, but my allowance wasn't really enough, so i got this job!

I'm a delivery pony here, it's a pretty easy job thanks to my...'Stand'."

He continues, the way he says the word "Stand" showing that he's still getting used to the concept as a whole.

He probably isn't an enemy...In fact, maybe he could be helpful in tracking down Straight Arrow.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, that's a pretty cool way to get it done, gotta admit," Gridia smirked, her tail swishing lightly, "and yeah, Stands are pretty weird at first, but you get used to it. Wanna see mine?"

And like that, the little Breezie reemerged from her being, materialising in front of Jet.

"This is Jailbreak," she smirked, "she helps me go fast. Like, 'Wonderbolt on caffeine' fast."

• Brohoof 1

"WOAH! Cool! my Rocketmares will deliver anything i give to them to anyone as long as i tell them the their name, they can deliver anything: objects, animals, even other ponies! i use it to 'deliver' myself to school all the time; they can even deliver things like sounds or smells.

They're really fast too, and i don't think there's a limit to how far away they can go from me, at first i was worried that they would be dangerous but i tested it by making them fly into a tin can and they only dented it a little, so i don't think they're dangerous.

One thing is certain thought: they never miss the target, ever! i've been using it to work here for the whole week and we haven't got a single complaint about a wrong or late delivery."
From that information, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Rocketmares is a Stand that focuses on speed, precision and range, which causes its durability and destructive power to fall short.

"The way i got this power was pretty scary, i've gotta say...

The unicorn says, around back to reveal a small, rocket-shaped scar on the back of his neck.

I was coming back from school with some friends when i got hit by an arrow, or at least that's what they said it was, next thing i knew i was unconscious in a hospital room.

According to the doctors and my parents, i had a really, REALLY bad fever and the wound the arrow made just wouldn't heal. Two days later, i woke up and somehow the wound just miraculously healed, leaving olny this weird scar, in that same day i found out about my Stand.

I'm not certain about  how or why, but i'm pretty sure that it was the arrow that did it somehow."

Another pony that was shot with the Stand arrow...Could Straight Arrow be behind this one too?

Gridia blinked and listened intently. Something she wasn't used to doing with ponies aside from Stardust in the last day.

Though, Rocketmares didn't really make sense. How do you deliver sounds and smells?

"Seems we both got speedy ones then," she smirked.

She listened to his story, and her wings ruffled at the mention of an arrow. "Okay, I think this pony - Straight Arrow is his name - was the one who hit you. He gave you that Stand."

• Brohoof 1

"...Oh..."

Jet Set says, sounding intrigued by Gridia's words.

"...Well there's one thing i always wanted to ask: why exactly did he shoot me with that arrow? what could he want with me, anyway?"

The young unicorn asks.

"I can't help but feel mad at him...I know i've never met him and that he's the one who gave me my Stand but i could've died because of what he did...In that way, the guy DID almost kill me...

D-don't worry, i'm just rambling here, i'm not gonna do anything dumb!"

There's probably no reason to worry yet - if this kid's smart enough to figure out how to use his Stand in his advantage like this, he's smart enough not to get in trouble anytime soon - but maybe Gridia should let Stardust know about this whenever she can.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Gridia assured him, "I have a good feeling this pony don't exactly have your best interests at heart."

She glanced around, making sure nopony was looking, before fixing her eyes on Jet. "Hey, what time do ya finish work? I know somepony who can probably help ya manage your Stand. He really helped me."

• Brohoof 1

"Really? that'd be great!"

He awnsers, recovering his enthusiasm.

"I mean, i know that only a few ponies have this Stand thing, and i guess only the ones who have one can see them, but other than that this whole deal is a mystery to me; If there's anypony who can help me understand it, i'd really like to se him or her!"

Gridia nodded, a smirk curling her beak. "I know what you mean, you and this other pony are the only Stand users I've been able to hold a conversation with."

She glanced in the direction of the hotel Stardust was staying at. "If you're free now, we can go meet up with him."

• Brohoof 1

The young unicorn looks through Sugarcube Corner's window and looks around the place for a while, until his eyes stop on a clock that's hanged to the wall.

"Let's see...yeah, my lunch break is just about to start, so sure i can go."

He says, walking towards Gridia and stopping right besides her, standing by her right.

Gridia nodded, and began to lead Jet toward the hotel.

"Guy's name is Stardust," she explained, "huge pony with the weirdest hair. Like, he styled it into a hat. How do you even do that?"

She snickered and kept on walking. "He's a bit quiet and no-nonsense, but he's pretty cool. He'll tell you everything you need to know."

• Brohoof 1

A few minutes and a knock on the door later, both of them are in the hotel's corridor standing in front of Stardust - who is wearing sea-blue pajamas with small light-blue dolphins all over them along with his usual white hat - is holding the door open.

"Morning..."

Upon taking a quick glance at Jet Set, Stardust calmly says:

"I'll take a guess and say that the kid's a Stand user too, right?

I knew we'd bump into one eventually, just not this early...Well, at least it's a friendly one this time."

• Brohoof 1

Gridia nodded, her beak twitching from trying to keep a straight face at the sight of a grown, muscular stallion in dolphin pyjamas.

"Yeah, hey," she greeted, "yep, Jet here is another Stand user. It's a pretty nifty one too. Did you see those fireworks by Sugarcube Corner? This guy."

• Brohoof 1

Stardust's pupils shrink a bit when he hear this as he shows a surprised expression.

"If that's the case we've got ourselves an important ally here: the kind of Stand that Jet Set has can be really powerful if used correctly. It's what i like to call a 'Hive Stand', a Stand that is made up of various separate bodies that share a single mind; i've heard about this Stand named 'Harvest' that was that kind of Stand and it almost defeated one of the strongest Stand users i've ever met just by overwhelming him with its numbers."

Explains Stardust as he pulls a notepad of some sort from his pyjamas.

"Moving on, i've gathered some info on Straght Arrow and wrote down what i think is important...Let's talk about this inside...Just in case"

He says looking around to assure that the three of yoi really were alone there.

Gridia just blinked and cocked an eyebrow. She was about to question how he had gathered information from staying inside his hotel room, but this was a pony with literal hat hair.

With a shrug, she entered the room, and waited for Jet to follow her inside.

• Brohoof 1

"Around midnight or one o-clock yesterday i went out and talked to the town guards, they gave me a list of 'Suspicious' ponies and i went all around town searching for information about them, 22 ponies in total seem to be connected to Straight Arrow. If we find them, we'll find him, and we already have one clue:"

Stardust says, giving the griffon and unicorn before him what seems to be a perfectly normal picture of a house.

"This is the house of one of the suspect, that is a known fact, but the guards can't seem to come closer than 2 meters to it without being attacked; they don't see what it is and don't hear any sounds, but what seem to be invisible teeth and claws start tearing through their armor and not much later...Their flesh. Nopony was killed, thankfully, and we are going to stop the user before anypony else gets hurt."

He continues, turning his head to face Gridia.

"I don't even have to say that this is the work of a Stand, right? either way, seeing Jet Set's Stand gave me an idea: me and you are going to distract the stand while Jet Set infiltrates the user's house...We'll meet there as soon as i get out of my pyjamas."

Gridia nodded slowly, getting the idea. "Right, we distract this guy while Buck Lightyear here sneaks in? Got it."

Though, something occurred to her, and she held up a claw to halt Stardust. "Wait, call me crazy here, but 'speedy rockets' don't exactly scream 'stealth' to me."

• Brohoof 1

Stardust gets up and grabs his long, white coat and turns to Gridia, saying one last thing before heading to his room:

"Why do you think WE are the ones who'll do the distracting? our Stands have the most destructive power out of us three, so if the user catches Jet Set we'll just have to...'deal with them'."

And the moment he finishes speaking, the tall stallion heads to his room to change his clothes.

"Is he always like this?"
Jet Set quietly asks Gridia - making sure that Stardust won't be able to hear him - with various beads of sweat running down his forehead and a nervous, uncomfortable expression on his face.

• Brohoof 1

Gridia rolled her eyes, still not exactly seeing the logic in Stardust's plan, but decided there was no point in questioning further.

She turned to look at Jet, and shrugged. "More or less. He's cool, but I swear he needs to loosen up. Remind me to pay somepony to give him a hug or something."

• Brohoof 1

Shortly after, you find yourselves in front of the suspect's house. It seems like a perfectly normal pony's house except for one minor detail: the lawn has a sign that reads "Beware of the dog", but there's no dog to be seen, only a doghouse that may or may not have a dog inside..

This part of town has become rather empty due to the house's resident: nopony wants to live next to a possibly dangerous criminal, so pretty much everypony who lived here moved out. It's rare to see any living thing at all pass by this street, so much so that all the houses except for the Stand user's are completely ran down and abandoned.

Scattered around the street there are cones and shredded yellow lines with the word "do not cross" written on them, hinting that the guards tried to corner him by gathering around on opposite sides of the street, but if this is any indication then they weren't successful at all.

Suddenly a squirrel jumps down from a nearby tree and attempts to enter the doghouse...Seconds after, all you hear is a loud metallic noise that can only be compared to a bear trap closing...And that's it. Nothing comes out of the doghouse afterwards, absolutely nothing.

Jet Set is evidently terrified of what just happened, and Stardust seems pretty shocked himself too.

"*Ahem*...Are you two ready?"

He asks after shaking off the shock.

"S-s-sure!"
Awnsers Jet Set, harnessing all the courage he has to give that awnser.

Even Gridia was taken by surprise by what happened with the doghouse. Having an affinity for animals, the implications made her heart skip a beat.

"The heck kinda place have you dragged us to...?!" She hissed under her breath. "Looks like a gang base or something!"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, it is the house of a dangerous criminal, so that is not beyond possibility...

Either way, what you are seeing before you right now, Gridia, is what happens when a Stand user uses their power for evil. This is the kind of chaos that we're here to prevent, the kind of damage that we're here to fix."

Stardust calmly tells Gridia as he inches towards the house.

"We should probably start before anypony sees us...If any of you two wants to retreat now, i want you to know that i don't blame you, it's a perfectly reasonable choice."

Continues the stallion, slowly but surely stepping closer and closer to the forboding building.

Gridia blinked up at the foreboding house, but scoffed as Stardust made them the offer to walk away.

"Yeah right, griffons don't walk away from anything," she boasted, clacking her beak in challenge as she followed after Stardust, "you comin' with, rockets?"

• Brohoof 1

"Y-yeah, i've come too far to turn back now!"

The colt tells Gridia, trying his best to sound brave...Emphasys on trying.

"Then this mission has officially begun! Jet Set, you know what to do, Gridia, LET'S DO THIS!"

Stardust exclamates in a manner similar to how a military leader speaks to his soldiers, summoning his Star Platinum and jumping head on onto the lawn as Jet Set gets in position.

"Secondary Stand: MAJOR TOM!"

Says the colt as he deploys a very different looking rocket: it is grey instead of red, with the name "Apollo 11" written on it.

"This is my secondary Stand: Major Tom, it is a part of my Rocketmares, similar to an accessory that comes along with an action figure! My Major Tom can move by foot and is much more stealthy than the rockets themselves, plus, if i close my eyes i'll be able to see anything he sees."

Jet Set explains, and once he's done speaking, Gridia and Stardust find themselves standing on the lawn as something slowly crawls out of the doghouse...

IT'S AN ENEMY STAND!

This Stand has the appearance of a huge(at least about the size of a baby dragon) dog of the pitbull breed, except it is completely made from scrap metal! countless gears, pipes and chunks of iron are the only thing that compose this Stand's body, its eyes are two lightbulbs that glow with a strong yellow light and its mouth is a bear trap waiting to bite into something.

The dog-like Stand jumps into Stardust Strider at an unspeakable speed, and before Stardust even sees it, the Stand's huge metallic teeth are digging into the side of the stallion's muscular torso, tearing through his clothes, skin and flesh as if they weren't even there! before the Stand reaches any vital organs, however, Stardust screams at the top of his lungs - not in pain of fear, no, but in pure and unbridled RAGE - and uses Star Platinum to attack the enemy with a powerful left hook.

While the punch does deal some damage, the Stand bites into Star Platinum's left hoof, making the pain even worse, but at least saving Stardust's insides from being shredded. 

"Such power! what IS it with this Stand?!"

He says almost running out of breath as his Star Platinum hits its left hoof against the ground, thus hitting the Stand as well and damaging it plenty, forcing the thing to let go and run to a safe distance.

Meanwhile, the grey rocket lands inside the house, deploying a tiny - and i mean tiny, couldn't be much bigger than a breezie - stallion wearing a spacesuit that seems to be straight out of an old science-fiction movie, it's safe to assume that he's the 'Major Tom' that Jet Set was talking about.

"This is ground control to Major Tom! you've made the grade, now start scouting the area!"

The colt speaks to himself and closes his eyes, causing his vision to become Major Tom's vision as the small stallion - our should i say...Little Pony? - starts to run around the house, searching for any signs of life.