Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP]Crazy Noisy Bizarre Ponyville

GreenGreenWhirlWind

"And suddenly he's an expert," Gridia muttered, watching Jet Set go to work, then turned her attention to the metal dog creature.

She clacked her beak as Jailbreak emerged to her side. "Alright doggy, let's see if you can learn some new tricks."

With no warning, the breezie Stand zipped toward the dog, becoming a laser-like blur of speed as she socked the dog across the face multiple times.

"Heel!"

• Brohoof 1

As Gridia pummels the enemy, the damage starts piling up as the Stand has entire chunks of it blown away, finally being sent flying towards the house's fence and hitting it, falling on the ground immobilized. Suddenly you hear a scream coming from inside the house.

"Found him!"
Jet Set says as he makes Major Tom run towards the source of the scream.

"It came from that door right the-"

He continues, but before the young colt can finish he sees the door blast open as a moss-green earth pony with blond mane and tale and lemon-colored eyes stumbles out of it, covered in wounds and blood as he desperately gasps for air.

"It can't be!"

He says, barely able to stand up.

"My Stand...Dog Eat Dog...Has it been defeated?...No, i wouldn't still be alive if somepony defeated it, i still have time..."

The pony says, falling on his knees and crawling towards the front door.

"He's coming towards us!"

Jet Set screams.

Meanwhile, the Stand slowly gets back on its paws, seemingly preparing another attack.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

Jailbreak returned to Gridia's side just as the door bursts open and the bloodied stallion reveals himself.

"...well," she muttered, blinking once, "this is new. Whadda we do with this guy?" She asked Stardust.

Her head jerked over to look at the dog - Dog Eat Dog, did he call it? - as it seemed to be preparing something. "Heads up!"

"Yare Yare Daze*...*cough*"
Stardust grunts, recovering from the attack.

"This is bad news: the closer a Stand is to the user, the more powerful it gets...*cough*

This Stand is at full power right now, so we should watch o-"

Before the muscular earth pony could finish, Dog Eat Dog lunged at Stardust so fast that others couldn't even see it! at his current state Stardust would certainly have died if the Stand had been able to hit him, but instead something appeared between the two and took the blow instead of Stardust...A rocket!

"AAAAARGH!"

Jet Set screams, his left cheek bleeding intensely as Dog Eat Dog chewed violently on the rocket as if it was a chew toy.

"S-since my Rocketmares is made up of various 'bodies' instead of just one - ARGH! - i f-figured the damage wouldn't be as bad if - OUCH! - if only one of them got hit - AAAH!"
The colt tells Stardust and Gridia while struggling against the pain, meanwhile the moss-green pony, which appears to be an adult stallion, starts clapping.

"Brave move, kiddo, i'm not easy to impress but you did it."

He says smugly.

"Unfortunately for you, my Dog Eat Dog will gnaw on its target until it is completely destroyed, so how long will your stand hold it? a few more seconds? a minute, tops? Point is: you'll give in eventually, and when you do your friends there will be next.

I don't like uninvited guests, see? i remember like it was yesterdey when those two fillies came into my lawn looking for a ball or something like that, i got so furious that i kicked one of them right on the face, which made them run away.

Later that day this guy named Straight Arrow visited me and said that he liked my "Drive" or something like that...And then he showed me the arrow."

The stallion goes on as he reveals the tooth-shaped scar on the side of his torso.

"He said that if i stabbed myself with the arrow i'd be able to do things far beyond what i could before! he gave it to me under the condition that i would protect something for him, and so i did - and look where i am now! i can do whatever i want, whenever i want! i don't have to deal with anypony else's nonsense! i'm NOT gonna let you chumps take that away from me! my Dog Eat Dog is completely invincible, so you might as well just give up while you still can."

The stallion started laughing as Jet Set screamed and cried in pain while his Stand was being attacked by Dog Eat Dog.

Most would think that things have gone completely off hoof, but not Stardust Strider: he maintained his usual coldness and stumbled towards Gridia, whispering on her ear, or at least where he thought that it would be if she had one:
"It seems that this Stand can only attack one target at a time...i'm way to injuried so my Star Platinum isn't doing very good either, but if you manage to damage it at least a lttle bit more i'll be able to deal the finishing blow."

Explains Stardust as he gets back on his knees, trembling as if he was on the verge of dying, but at the same time barely changing his facial expression.

"I'm counting on you!"

Says S.S., turning to Gridia and giving her a slight hint of what could be described as a smile if you squinted hard enough.

*(Something i forgot to mention: "Yare Yare" or "Yare Yare Daze" are japanese expressions that can translate to "What a drag" or "Gimme a break" among other things.)

Gridia clacked her beak furiously at this new stallion's gall to not only beat up her companions, but to beat up a filly for losing a ball? That is never cool.

Though, she had gotten Stardust's message, and decided to go in with the plan.

"All this because we stumbled into your wreck of a house?" She growled, Jailbreak buzzing angrily next to her. "How about we see how you like getting kicked in the face, loser."

With that, she and Jailbreak split up. The griffon aimed a hind paw toward the stallion's jaw, while the breezie Stand zipped toward Dog Eat Dog to get its attention off the rocket.

With the kick to the jaw added to his already long list of injuries, the stallion falls on his back, and with Jailbreak distracting the Stand, Stardust is ready to pay back for the beating he went through earlier.

"With all this bleeding and injuries, attacking you right now would be extremely painful...For you, that is."

Says the tall pony, summoning his Star Platinum.

"Star Platinum: The World"

He screams, and in a split second the Stand is damaged beyond recognition, the user is completely unconscious and Stardust is lying on the ground, nearly fainting.

Gridia - as well as everypony not called "Stardust Strider" - did not percieve it, but for 2 seconds, Stardust Strider stopped time. And by the look of it, BOY were those 2 seconds brutal.

"Good job, you two"

Stardust says while breathing heavily

"Now, could you call an ambulance, please?"

Jailbreak returned to Gridia, who was doubled over and panting for air. "Phew... that was awesome!" She grinned, despite being exhausted and banged up.

She took a look at the stallion, and had a moment to wince at his injuries before looking at Stardust.

"Yeah, um... we should get this guy to a hospital before he's conscious enough to point hooves. You're a big dude, you carry him." She pointed a claw at Stardust.

With some certain difficulty, Stardust gets up and helps Gridia and Jet Set take the stallion to the hospital.

After Jet Set goes back to his job and Stardust returns to the hotel, Gridia is left in the hospital.

She could head home, of course, but she could also try to interrogate the stallion for information, even if it would fefinately be a risky decision.

Gridia quickly found herself alone in the hospital with that stallion she'd help beat up. She could help back, or she could get some answers out of him.

As fun as going to sleep on a roof sounded, she'd always wanted to do the 'good cop bad cop' thing. She always pegged herself as a bad cop.

She sat in the chair next to the bed. "Hey, you awake?"

The sound of Gridia's voice is enough to snap the pony back to consciousness, as he looks at her with an irritated glare while laying on the hospital bed under layer upon layer of bandages.

"What do you want now?"

The moss-green stallion asks, clearly not pleased to see the griffon.

"If you want to ask anything, forget it, i won't tell you! And even if i did, *she* would go after you, she's probably searching for you already so you're pretty much already dead"

He continues.

Clearly Gridia will have to be really harsh with this scumbag if she wants to get any awnsers out of him.

Gridia didn't look intimidated. Or impressed, for that matter. Obviously, whoever 'she' was, she was not a nice pony. Or whatever she was.

A smirk crossed her beak as an idea came to her.

"S'that so?" She snickered. "She sounds pretty scary. Tell me somethin'. How's 'she' going to react to you getting your puke-coloured flank kicked? Guess Star Arrow sold ya a dud Stand, huh?"

The green pony is evidently bothered, but for the sake of his own safety he tries to keep his cool.

"It's MOSS green, not puke green...

Regardless, i am going to tell you ONE thing: there's something beneath this city that Straight Arrow wants very much, the guy'll do anything to get it and i mean ANYTHING.

Not that it matters tho, you're not even gonna live to see his face.

Althought i will admit that my Dog Eat Dog had not been defeated once before the three of you showed up, so who knows? maybe you're tougher than you seem.

Well, i guess this was for the best, at least there won't be anypony pestering me in jail, and i won't have to look out for those stupid files Straight Arrow gave me...Wait, i don't think i was supposed to say that..."

Files, huh? Maybe it would be a good idea to investigate this stallion's house.

"I really don't think I'd miss much if I didn't see that guy's face," Gridia snarked, sticking her tongue out in disgust, "sounds like a total creepazoid."

An eyebrow raised at the mention of files, and her beak clacked mischievously.

"Well, hope you and your robot dog get better soon," she snickered, and jogged out of the ward, "See ya around, mossy."

With that, she left the hospital and sped toward the pony's house, and let herself back in. "File, file, who's got the file..."

Before Gridia can leave the hospital, she hears the pony's voice faintly ask:

"Wait, how did you guess my name was Mossy?"

Once she got to searching around the house, Gridia eventually finds herself in the pony's bedroom.

It doesn't seem like anything much: it's just a normal room, no dead bodies, nopony chained to the wall, no gross animals like rats or cockroaches crawling around the room, just a normal bedroom with a bed on the center, one drawer on the left side of the bed, a wardobe right in front of the room's left wall and a bookshelf in front of the right one.

Resting on the drawer, she finds an interesting item: a folder with a bunch of papers sticking out of it.

The papers vary from current-looking normal paper to aged and yellowed paper that could easily have been torn out of some old book from Celestia-knows-how-long-ago, and the folder himself has the words "'doolB motnahP' noitarepO" written on it along with a detailed drawing of a stone mask of some kind:
jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-stone-mask-supe

Althought the text may look like gibberish, it might be some sort of secret code and even if it wasn't there's no reason to believe this file isn't the one Gridia's after, especially if you consider that it is the only file in the whole house AND it was left in plain sight on an easy-to-reach location without anything protecting it...The point is: this file is suspicious, it's obviously the file that Mossy was talking about and Straight Arrow is clearly terrible at being inconspicuous.

Before Gridia can leave the hospital, she hears the pony's voice faintly ask:

"Wait, how did you guess my name was Mossy?"

Gridia halted, and poked her head back into the ward.

"I did?" She asked, blinking slowly. "Huh, lucky guess I suppose. Well, I'm Gridia. Maybe when you're less angry and less kill-y we can hang out sometime." She smirked and left again.

Once she got to searching around the house, Gridia eventually finds herself in the pony's bedroom.

It doesn't seem like anything much: it's just a normal room, no dead bodies, nopony chained to the wall, no gross animals like rats or cockroaches crawling around the room, just a normal bedroom with a bed on the center, one drawer on the left side of the bed, a wardobe right in front of the room's left wall and a bookshelf in front of the right one.

Resting on the drawer, she finds an interesting item: a folder with a bunch of papers sticking out of it.

The papers vary from current-looking normal paper to aged and yellowed paper that could easily have been torn out of some old book from Celestia-knows-how-long-ago, and the folder himself has the words "'doolB motnahP' noitarepO" written on it along with a detailed drawing of a stone mask of some kind:

jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-stone-mask-supe

Althought the text may look like gibberish, it might be some sort of secret code and even if it wasn't there's no reason to believe this file isn't the one Gridia's after, especially if you consider that it is the only file in the whole house AND it was left in plain sight on an easy-to-reach location without anything protecting it...The point is: this file is suspicious, it's obviously the file that Mossy was talking about and Straight Arrow is clearly terrible at being inconspicuous.

She blinked at the papers, and squinted as she tried to make it out. Though, it only took her a few moments.

"Oh, 'Operation Phantom Blood'! ...wait what."

The picture of the mask was a little offputting. Something about that face just unnerved her for some reason. It was not a good sign.

Either way, Stardust would want to see this, she figured, so she took the papers with her.

"This can't be the whole thing," she muttered to herself as she walked around, "they can't just leave the entire thing sitting here for me to just pick up..."

Nothing really happened after Gridia took the file, which means she was able to deliver it to Stardust with little to no trouble.
Once the file is on the hooves of the pale-blue Stallion, he reads through the first few pages and starts speaking to Gridia:
"It seems to contain the basics of a plan: it explains where the stone mask is, how it ended up there and that it's Straight Arrow's goal to obtain it, but everything else is left out.
There's definately more to this.
Meet me tomorrow at the "Quill & Son's Bookstore", we're gonna start digging deeper.
For now we should rest and let our wounds heal"
The pony says, giving Gridia the store's business card which contains the store's address.

This was the first time Gridia saw Stardust without his coat, and as such she got to see his Cutie Mark: a smiling dolphin with a magnifying glass pointing at it.
This big buff stone-faced Stallion has a goofy ol' smiling dolphin for a Cutie Mark.
The more Gridia gets to know this guy the less intimidating he seems.

Gridia blinked and took the business card, inspecting it closely. "If you say so, big guy."

With his clothes off, she could get a look at Stardust's cutie mark. Her new conundrum was working out what in Equestria a smiling dolphin could mean.

And why would such a tough looking stallion have a mark like that?

"I'll catch you there later then," she nodded, and took off to find a comfortable roof to sleep on.

Why are ponies so weird?

On her way out, Gridia sees a poster on a lamp post that reads:
"Visit the Horseshoe Bay institute of marine life"

Above an illustration of a dolphin similar to the one on Stardust's Cutie mark, among other marine animals...Huh.

Getting to a roof, Gridia was able to sleep without much trouble, and on the next morning...

"Good morning!" 

Gridia hears an adult mare's voice say.

Opening her eyes, she sees it's a grey pegasus with a yellow mane and dark yellow eyes, one of which seems to be contantly looking at her own muzzle, without moving. She's wearing a mailmare uniform.

"I've got mail for you!"

The mare says handing?...Hoofing?...Taloning?...She gives Gridia an envelope.

"It was kinda hard to find you since you don't have an address, but the boss said "You can't miss it, she's the only griffon in town" so that helped.

She says before flying away to continue her work.

Gridia blinked up at the curious pony, wondering what was so interesting about her nose that one eye was always fixated on it.

...unless, she had that eye condition she'd seen sometimes? In which case she felt a little bad for thinking that comment.

Nonetheless, she took the letter. "Uh, thanks." She ripped it open with a talon and took a look inside.

Opening the envelope,Gridia sees that the content is...A love letter?

Indeed, the content of the letter is a deep, heartfelt, honest-to-Celestia love confession, and on the very end of thr letter Gridia's admirer reveals itself:

"Yours truly: L.K."

That's when the unexpected happens:

A living being comes out of the letter as if it was a door!

It is a tall white unicorn with a blonde mane and glowing, completely yellow eyes. The being is wearing fake wings and a t-shirt that reads "I <3 U".

Gridia is uncapable of determining if the figure is male or female.

What's more surprising about the being is that they're holding a long golden arrow...It's the Stand arrow! There's no mistaking it: that arrow is exactly like the one Stardust showed Gridia down to the smallest detail.

"I am L.K. - a lonesome Stand without a user - and i have chosen you to be my lover...And my user!"

L.K. tells Gridia in their completely androgynous voice, which sounds neither masculine nor feminine.

"As a proof of our love, this arrow shall be our wedding ring, if you accept my proposal and pass a very simple 'test', that is."

When the pony revealed themselves, Gridia had only one word on her mind, which was sent to her lips.

"What."

The arrow the Stand brandished got her attention. Straight Arrow must have been behind this.

But, she had a lovestruck pony to deal with.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down loverboy... girl?" she yelped, jumping back and raising her talons in defence, "this ain't a Disneigh movie. I don't even know who you are, let alone if I like you or not."

Though, so far, their chances weren't great.

"Look, at least start by telling me who you are and what you're all about. L.K. must stand for something, right?"

The figure stops for a moment to think about what Gridia said.

"Well, i'm not sure about 'what i'm all about', i am a Stand without a user: in one moment i wasn't here and in the other i was. But i know that you are the one i need! This arrow guided me towards you! I am bound to the arrow: my existence depends on this arrow's existence and if it were to be destroyed i would cease to be, that's why only my soulmate - the one i am absolutely destined to be with - would be trustworthy enough for me to let them carry it."

The Stand explains in a tone that almost sounds...Sad?

"I'm sure if you got to know me you would want to be by my side...Holding this arrow..."

The pony says holding the arrow closer and closer to Gridia, but swiftly pulling it away from the griffon before she can do anything.

"But if so you wish, of course.

As for my name, the heart on my shirt hints that the 'L' stands for 'Love', but i'm not certain about the 'K'."

"Look, L.K.," Gridia sighed, shaking her head, "I'm sure you're a nice pony, but this ain't how it works. Let's take this one step at a time. I don't even know if I'm allowed a second Stand."

She blinked at the idea of him being a lone Stand, and she was sure that was rather lonely and he'd want to grasp onto the next potential user he could find, but this wasn't the way to do it.

"Tell you what," she offered, "I know this pony who knows all about Stands. Maybe he can tell you why you don't have a user."

She glanced around, then looked at him, a stern look on her face. "You can hang out with me till then, but no funny stuff."

"Oh, that's fine too."

L.K. says, already getting in a better mood.

"Alright, you can take me to that pony, then! Show me the way and i'll follow, no 'funny stuff'!"

The Stand claims, walking towards Gridia and extending her right front hoof to shake her talon.

"And who knows, maybe he really will know how to help me."

Gridia nodded, and took L.K.'s hoof in her talon. "He's an expert on Stands, chances are he'll at least give us some info."

A grin crossed her beak. "And thanks for not being a pushy creep, you have no idea how many of them I've run into."

She did feel a little bad for this Stand, not having a user. Were they programmed to do this? Like some kind of 'victim of circumstance' or whatever.

Besides, could real lifeforms and Stands be together that way? She'd have to ask Stardust about that too.

With that, she led the way to Stardust's hotel room.