Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is Thorax shippable?

KillerKingBakudan

How is he an adolescent,He could be around Twilights age , hes probally a stallion with a small build

His voice is different from all the other stallions, except maybe Sunburst. As a changeling, he could have picked any body shape he liked, but chose a form that likely reflects his own age and self-image. That torso looks more like Snails than it does any of the other stallion torsos in the Crystal Empire.

I don't necessarily ship them. (Yet XD ) But I think the show is trying to give Spike friends who are closer to his age. We saw it earlier this season with the introduction of Ember. Right now he really only has adults as his close friends. He's not even as close to the CMC as he is to the Mane 6.

(edited)

Except Spike isn't a little boy anymore after living through three Hearthswarming Eves, and with Thorax also likely being an adolescent there's nothing really wrong there. Certainly nothing worse than Spike x any of the CMCs.

His voice is different from all the other stallions, except maybe Sunburst. As a changeling, he could have picked any body shape he liked, but chose a form that likely reflects his own age and self-image. That torso looks more like Snails than it does any of the other stallion torsos in the Crystal Empire.

I don't necessarily ship them. (Yet XD ) But I think the show is trying to give Spike friends who are closer to his age. We saw it earlier this season with the introduction of Ember. Right now he really only has adults as his close friends. He's not even as close to the CMC as he is to the Mane 6.

Spike's still considered a baby. That's what he was referred as in the series opener, and after six seasons in, he hasn't aged a bit. Thorax may be younger than most stallions, but he's definitely not young enough to go fooling around with him.

Also, the smaller body may just be a reflection of his own personality. He's feeble compared to other changelings. You also have to consider that Twilight's mom has a face and body design that's common with most mares in the show, even if she's old enough to be a grandmother.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

Strikes me as a potentially dangerous and unhealthy relationship (though not quite in the usual sense). Changelings feed on love. Maybe it's okay if Thorax's pony friends share their platonic love with him in small doses.

But imagine someone wasting away in love with Thorax, slowly dying/being drained by him. And Thorax's own attachment to them being based on that terrible, addictive love.

I agree with @WiiGuy2014 regarding this.  Although changeling sustenance is a rather vague and debatable topic, I believe that if they are freely loved, that will sustain them while being completely benign to the other.  It's only harmful when they feed by coercive means, which is only necessary for them because they seem to be a hateful race by nature, and have never experienced mutual love and friendship.  Thorax himself indicated that if he had a real friend, that should be able to sustain him, and I don't think that we were meant to believe that it would be akin to being friends with a vampire, and letting him feed on your blood, leaving you just enough to survive so that he can feed on you again later.  By the end of the episode, I'm sure we were meant to believe that healthy relationships with changelings are entirely possible.  And consider this: one of the most enduring, prolific, and cherished ideas at the very core of the human condition is that people have an infinite capacity for love.  We don't have a finite amount to give.  Therefore, anyone should be able to give love to a changeling infinitely, and never run out.  Again, it would only harm them when obtained through subterfuge.

And yes, I'm sure he's shippable.  Just gotta make sure he's in a proper box with enough postage.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4