Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Thorax

Will Guide

As far as I tell, I don't think there's an official Ask Thorax page here. Seeing that Thorax is one of my absolute favorite MLP characters, I figured I could play the part.

5a90ed28d1dad_images(9).jpeg.3656b3b0356766c2e23a36f22f967937.jpeg

So go ahead and ask him some questions, and I shall answer to the best in-character Thorax I can do.

The Global Forums rules apply here. so no questions that can be higher than M-rated can be asked here. In other words, it's best not to answer "How do Changelings reproduce".

• Brohoof 4

Greetings, Thorax! 

I was wondering:

"Who is your best friend out of your new group of friends excluding Spike?" (Like, in the Mane 6.)

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

• Brohoof 2

On 2/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, Thorax! 

I was wondering:

"Who is your best friend out of your new group of friends excluding Spike?" (Like, in the Mane 6.)

(Since I can't access the color wheel on mobile, I'm just going to have Thorax's words be in bold)

While other than Starlight, who is the reason my kind changed for the better, I don't really have a specific pony for a best friend. Still, they all contributed something to me and my pack.

Twilight's started to take notes on my kind. And don't tell her, but her comfy chair really is comfy. 

5a7a98665ec97_ThoraxinComftyChair.gif.14a8b63d7bea13dddde37b27bc6b1aa6.gif

Applejack gave me some recipe ideas for the Hive to try.

Rainbow Dash's Loyalty to her friends is something my brother can respect.

Rarity has given interior design ideas to help make the Hive more inviting.

Fluttershy's Bear friend, Harry, was quite impressed with the bear form I used to defend Spike.

And of course, Pinkie Pie helped us throw a party celebrating our mass transformation shortly after the rescue.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Is your soup too hot?

You're likely confusing me with the Changeling that had a problem with his soup being too hot.

Changeling_3_looking_down_at_soup_S7E17.png.2e7a200aa6a7de6186e2bc69b70da561.png

Him finding his soup cooled down and declaring the Feelings Forum was great for solving problems was at least some good to an otherwise awkward position I found myself in with everyone wanting my brother banished.

52 minutes ago, Chrysalis14 said:

How tall are you? Have you ever had a problem with earthquakes?

Definitely taller than the rest of my kind. I'm almost as tall as Princess Celestia 

5a9195d136730_download(24).jpeg.808935c406f03cdacc7bc02897842bd3.jpeg

As for earthquakes, our kingdom rarely gets any, although like Fluttershy, I'd likely be nervous.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, ChB said:

What are your favorite hobbies, Thorax?

Organizing Arts and Crafts time and watching progress in the Feelings Forums.

5a91f60d4e385_Thorax_turns_into_flamingo_changelings_draw_Starlight_and_Trixie_S7E17.thumb.png.c017c4108df78400521a0291a1fb5bc9.png

1 minute ago, Karnak said:

Are Spike and ember your closest friends?

Don you love giving hugs to your friends as opposed to hoove \claw shake?

You know it!

365.gif.2bc7d61e4e44e3a7a2e84897ce6c4201.gif

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, Thorax!

As a follow-up  to @ChB's question:

"Has your brother @WiiGuy2014 introduced you to his Disney hobby?"

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :squee:

Oh, that's sweet you would consider Will Guide, (both the original humanWilliam in an Unicorn body and the Changeling who shares that body and name) to be like my brothers, although I mustn't forget Pharynx who loves me in his own way.

large.thumb.png.ab2283d1183ddcf65db82a83cd72f91b.png

Anyway, of course Unicorn Will told me about his Disney. Especially about how the 2 Wills work together to put on fantastic theatrical performances of all his favorite Disney Stories. And here's the best news he told me:

While he was on Vacation in Walt Disney World recently, he had Lilo and Stitch themselves sign their autographs on the recap page of me meeting Spike for the first time.

20180224_155105.thumb.jpg.6a2bd790a972e20aacf8e3f7a071e0e9.jpg

Will told me that I'm like Stitch in that we're originally creatures of instinct that led to destruction and mayhem.

Image result for Stitch Hiimage.jpeg.7fdfb05f449ea2e524b284fb37c6c338.jpeg

until we met a kind soul like Lilo and Spike.

Image result for Spike hugging Thorax image.jpeg.660c1d82dec3bf2a8b9eb0d5c816d18d.jpeg

Thank you so much @Sparklefan1234. Answering This question has not only made me happy, but Will Guide as well.:wub:

Edited by WiiGuy2014

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

365.gif.2bc7d61e4e44e3a7a2e84897ce6c4201.gif

Thorax,

Glad that your friends with Spike and Ember.

How are things with the hive?

10 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

(Since I can't access the color wheel on mobile, I'm just going to have Thorax's words be in bold)

While other than Starlight, who is the reason my kind changed for the better, I don't really have a specific pony for a best friend. Still, they all contributed something to me and my pack.

Twilight's started to take notes on my kind. And don't tell her, but her comfy chair really is comfy. 

5a7a98665ec97_ThoraxinComftyChair.gif.14a8b63d7bea13dddde37b27bc6b1aa6.gif

Applejack gave me some recipe ideas for the Hive to try.

Rainbow Dash's Loyalty to her friends is something my brother can respect.

Rarity has giving interior design ideas to help make the Hive more inviting.

Fluttershy's Bear friend, Harry, was quite impressed with the bear form I used to defend Spike.

And of course, Pinkie Pie helped us throw a party celebrating our mass transformation shortly after the rescue.

What did Spike contribute to the hive?

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Thorax,

Glad that your friends with Spike and Ember.

How are things with the hive?

What did Spike contribute to the hive?

The hive is good. Pharynx has even started a training program to make sure we stay in shape in order to defend ourselves.

Spike did send letters directly between us and Princess Celestia during his brief visit to the hive.

20 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

How are you dealing with your indigestion?

Honestly, I'm still nervous about what that means to have that kind of indigestion. With Queen Chrysalis now gone on the run, Well, let's just say it's a touchy subject about how we Changelings reproduce. I best not get into the details, but let's just say my Changeling pack and Pony friends are behind me and will help me when I need it.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

3 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

The hive is good. Pharynx has even started a training program to make we stay in shape in order to defend ourselves.

Spike did send letters directly between us and Princess Celestia during his brief visit to the hive.

Glad to hear. 

Thorax,

How come only you and Pharynx have antlers?

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

Greetings, Thorax!

I was wondering:

"Since you no longer feed off of love when you're feeling hungry, what is your favorite thing to eat?"

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Changelings seem to address you by name, rather than a title like they did with Chrysalis. Was that your idea?

Actually I got the idea from Twilight. She told me that when she became Princess, she didn't have to be called that.

25 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Glad to hear. 

Thorax,

How come only you and Pharynx have antlers?

I'm not entirely sure, but I guess I was destined to lead the pack. Will told me about the Disney Deer Bambi and his father, The Great Prince of the Forest. Plus, I've heard rumors about an actual race of Deer in the forest. Perhaps since we Changelings now resemble Stag beetles as Will Guide called them, we now have these antlers to show our status. Pharynx has even taken on the role of Drill Trainer to keep us in shape.

(OOC: Okay, I haven't read the comics, but from what @PathfinderCS said about them, I've decided to give the Deer Race from the comics a bit of a honorable mention)

10 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

To avoid further soup-related conflicts, what research have you done in coolant methods?

Actually, outside the caves can get pretty cold at night. We also managed certain plants to cool things down.

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, Thorax!

I was wondering:

"Since you no longer feed off of love when you're feeling hungry, what is your favorite thing to eat?"

Being more a peaceful kind of Changeling, I prefer the more plant-based foods like the left plate shown here:

Changelings having a potluck lunch S7E17

On a related topic, until Changeling Will Guide reaches his final Transformation, he gets all the love he needs from his Unicorn host.

5a8cbc200c21f_ChangelingWillGuideFinalJPG.jpg.1cc62c2d4407f1c5413657332db9f0bb.jpg5a83902a98014_MLPForumsAvatar.jpg.40a63bafcd4292abe50ce3a97e2b87f6.jpg

11 minutes ago, Quadropus said:

If queen chrysalis came back with a army of evil changelings and started a war against the good/evolved changelings, what would you do? 

I'm hoping that's not going to happen and that we can convince her to have a change of heart, but if we must fight, I know I trust Pharynx to lead our army. Plus we would likely have the full support of Ponies led by Celestia and Twilight and the Dragons led by Ember.

(OOC: WOW! This many questions in less than a day? I'm having a blast as Thorax and I didn't think I would get this many questions. Thank you so much, everyone. Next time I cuddle war, you're all getting cuddles from the Cuddlebug!:D )

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I guess I was destined to lead the pack. Will told me about the Disney Deer Bambi and his father, The Great Prince of the Forest. Plus, I've heard rumors about an actual race of Deer in the forest. Perhaps since we Changelings now resemble Stag beetles as Will Guide called them, we now have these antlers to show our status. Pharynx has even taken on the role of Drill Trainer to keep us in shape.

(OOC: Okay, I haven't read the comics, but from what @PathfinderCS said about them, I've decided to give the Deer Race from the comics a bit of a honorable mention)

Okay. 

Thorax,

How did it feel saying Equestria with Starlight, Trixie, and Discord?

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Okay. 

Thorax,

How did it feel saying Equestria with Starlight, Trixie, and Discord?

"Equestria with Starlight, Trixie, and Discord" 

Well, that was an odd question.

(ok, for real)

Honestly, I would never dream that not only would we save Equestria, but I never expected my whole kind to change for the better, becoming beautiful butterfly-like Stag Beetles, (as Will described our new forms). I did say after befriending the Crystal Ponies that I wanted to learn all about Friendship and that someday, I would take that knowledge back to the Changeling Kingdom. That if my kind learned to create love for one another, they wouldn't have to take it from others. Turned out even better than I first thought.

And it was amazing for our rescue squad to receive the Pink Hearts of Courage, even if it was a struggle getting mine on.

5a925b389cfb7_Thoraxs_medal_cant_fit_around_his_horns_S7E1.png.75620c6381710fbd0a1f344f6fb01b1b.png

(Will: In a similar universe, me and my Changeling would have been part of the squad and contributed to the success of our mission, but that's a story for another day)

3 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

What is your opinion on unicorns picking up and moving other ponies (against their will.)with their magic?

It's the same as grabbing an uncooperative being when they're being unruly; totally justifiable. Besides, the average unicorn usually doesn't have enough magical talent to hold a full-grown pony. The only ones I know who could do such a thing are Twilight and Starlight.

• Brohoof 1