Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv [SPOILER]"The Avengers" Movie Offensive?

Tyger

I'd laugh.

Then again, I'm not adopted...

Unless people who are adopted are offended, I don't see why it is such a big deal.

There's much worse being said on prime time television these days, so I'm not sure why the "Human Rights Petition" guys would go after a Marvel movie.

That being said, I think these people are just overreacting.

They're just overreacting to get publicity. I personally thought that was one of the funniest lines in the film. It's just like PETA with Super Mario 3D Land: A bunch of morons getting worked up about nothing.

I'm not adopted, however I could see how others could take offense to it, but it wasn't aimed in making fun of those people. It was a small joke for entertainment purposes, and wasn't at all intended to be offensive.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have come to a conclusion about this generation. For everyone in the room who has a brain, or does not get offended in the most childish of ways, please read on. If your easily offended by me talkng about our generation, then please dont read.

This generation has become one of major butthurt. Every single turn they have found something wrong with something. First, it was portal 1/2. Next it was our beloved derpy hooves. (God rest her soul) Now, they are going against big name companies. This has gone on too far. And I, for one, will not be known as the, "whining little female dogs who cry foul everytime I feel offended" generation. goodness, is anyone agreeing with me here? have I said something that was misinformed or contemplative twords anyone who can read this?

This generations motto will be followed as, "Your rights end when my feelings are hurt.".

Edited by Tyger
  • Brohoof 2

Back on the lines usage in Thor; I thought the jokes punch line was that Thor was trying to defend his brother, then whats-his-face brought up the fact that Loki had killed 80 people in 2 days. Outwitted, Thor then defends himself by bringing up the fact that Loki was adopted and not his actual brother; thus reminded everyone that him and Loki have nothing in common, just so Thor can justify the fact that his brother is a murderer.

If it was trying to offend adopted kids, don't you think they would've made a more offensive joke?

BTW, Loki's dad wasn't even dead, he was juts saved by Odin from becoming an Ice giant

• Brohoof 1

Something tells me that the number of adopted people who heard this line and actually felt bad because of it is close to zero. And even if the people writing the script included this with a wicked smile on their faces, knowing that it would be the perfect revenge against those adoptees, that's no reason to get all riled up about it. It's a joke.

I admit to laughing at the line and having no regrets. It's a rather common punchline, and it wasn't intended to actually smear people who are adopted.

• Brohoof 1

Jeez, in the context of the scene he was just trying to distance himself. It wasn't an attack on adopted people...

Jeez, in the context of the scene he was just trying to distance himself. It wasn't an attack on adopted people...

Even if it was, there's many crude racial and sexual jokes these days but no one gives about them.

Even if it was, there's many crude racial and sexual jokes these days but no one gives about them.

You know what... I am actually glad that you brought that topic up.

This will be a really lenghty post so please stay with me.

In these times, people have learned, or cococted, the idea of a world that should be peaceful, and loving to everyone at all times. And any man, women, boy, girl, or inanimate object that violates this rule should be banished to the moon... Well the moon part was my own opinion. However, these people who have adapted these ideas are twisting them for their own benifits. Lets take a look at some examples I have already put on the table for us.

Portal 1/2

Ah yes... who can forget this. Portal 1/2 was a puzzle/platforming game which required you to use the physics of portals. It was fun, cute, and the humor wasnt like some cheesy humor. It was actually good humor. Dont believe me, type in google cave johnson lemons. Now, as I go into this please keep in mind this game is 10+, a, even though small, group of people would claim the humor as slanders against orphans and not humerous at all. This video is the basis of their argument.

I do not own any rights to the video

Now, what did you just see. A robot, named wheatly, has just insulted the test subject, you (refearing to the player named chell). However, what some people will not tell you is that GLaDOS, the potato on chells arm (A.K.A. PotatOS) defends orphans after he makes that comment. Now did valve have the intention of offending orphans? Probobly not... No better, 99.9% sure they didnt. The only reason I cant say 100 is I'm not from valve.

Derpy Hooves

SHE IS AN ABOMINTAION TO MENTALLY HANDICAPPED PEOPLE AND SHOULD BE DESTROYED!!!!1!1111!!!

This is the argument some people make in their favor to get rid of derpy. Some back story to derpy hooves is that she was a easter egg in season . Some claim it was a editing mistake, and they are probobly right. However, 4-chan saw it as something different. So, they blew it up to epic preportions, and, well, we all just accepted her. However, people took this as a offence to them. Here is why they got offended. Just listen to the voice in this clip.

I own nothing about this video (The quality isnt the best but its just the audio that counts)

so how is this offensive? Well, the shows cast is mostly girls, and the tone and the actions of this voice was just a little on the retard scale for mothers. So they complained to hasbro and they had derpy's name, appearance, and voice changed. ANother point for them.

Now the main reason why I reposted all this in the first place... Happy feet 2

I'm willing to take a bet on most of you have not seen happy feet 2. Well, I'll give you the readers digest version.

*Ahem* going on the assumption that you have seen the first one, mumbo is at it again with his crazy tap dancing skills, and dancing across the antartic. However, this time, the ice is melting at a rapid pace. Then, a giant ice shelf crashes into emperor land (Penguins home) and they are all trapped except for mumbo, who was out trying to find some lost penguins. O, I forgot to mention that mumbo has a child called Erik. He goes on a crazy adventure through the whoe continent and tries to free the penguins. blah blah blah he frees the penguin. However, thats not the important part. What is is the substory of the krill underneath the ice. Two krill, will and bill, are breaking from the pack, trying to find out what they really are. The swim through the ocean only to find they are food. However, Bill decides they can move up the food chain. When all seems bleak, Will decides that he "finds more" into bill.

HERE IS THE MAIN TOPIC!!!

Will openly admits to bill that he would like to start a swarm of their own. When bill states that they are both males, he says that they can adopt.

What the heck is this.

And you wanna know the funniest part, not one outburst was made. Sure comments and reviews cover it, but no petitions, no movments were made.

I have no futher remarks on that topic except this...

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!