Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there ever be another brony phenomenon?

Tilgoreth

I don't know, if you mean another MLP phenomenon, no, I don't think so. But if you're saying a non-MLP phenomenon that has similar popularity, yeah, that is very likely, considering how certain communities, as well as social media is setup nowadays, it's very possible.

• Brohoof 1

something like it is bound to happen considering how many lil girl cartoons are out there 

I never really thought about that, to be honest. There's already been some, whatever happened to that Littlest Pet Shop thing that was also on The Hub? I thought I saw some people who were into that for a while like it was MLP.

• Brohoof 1

I never really thought about that, to be honest. There's already been some, whatever happened to that Littlest Pet Shop thing that was also on The Hub? I thought I saw some people who were into that for a while like it was MLP.

Yeah I remember a thing about guys getting into Winx club but I'm like 99% sure that was ironic and made to troll bronies

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I know. It's okay at least the show is entertaining.

The older fans can recognize the toy marketing stratagems easily while younger fans will just eat it up. That's the power of consumerism, advertising, and business right there.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, if you mean another MLP phenomenon, no, I don't think so. But if you're saying a non-MLP phenomenon that has similar popularity, yeah, that is very likely, considering how certain communities, as well as social media is setup nowadays, it's very possible.

I don't think so with a girl show.

something like it is bound to happen considering how many lil girl cartoons are out there

Not as popular as mlp though.

I don't think it was as big.

Yeah I remember a thing about guys getting into Winx club but I'm like 99% sure that was ironic and made to troll bronies

Yeah I think some of them might have been trolls.

The older fans can recognize the toy marketing stratagems easily while younger fans will just eat it up. That's the power of consumerism, advertising, and business right there.

Coming from someone with Sunset Shimmer as there avatar.
  • Brohoof 1

Without a doubt if by phenomenon you mean a gathering of dedicated fans. We saw it with Pokemon, we have furries now, and we even saw it with bands like The Beatles. Also movies.

Charlie Chaplin once went to a Charlie Chaplin look alike competition and lost.

If you mean kindness or generosity or something, I still say it's probable. I don't know too much about you guys, but I say if it happened once it will happen again. Or at the very least, can. Ultimately it depends on what you define phenomenon as.

Edited by Someguyinablazer
  • Brohoof 2

Without a doubt if by phenomenon you mean a gathering of dedicated fans. We saw it with Pokemon, we have furries now, and we even saw it with bands like The Beatles. Also movies.

Charlie Chaplin once went to a Charlie Chaplin look alike competition and lost.

If you mean kindness or generosity or something, I still saw it's probable. I don't know too much about you guys, but I say if it happened once it will happen again. Or at the very least, can. Ultimately it depends on what you define phenomenon as.

I meant having a large male fan base for a girl cartoon.

It's possible. You hit the right chords you get the right response. Had your show flopped I don't doubt you would have moved on, maybe found something else- assuming it didn't click for you that is. It boils back to gender identity/cultural norms. While I personally dislike the show, I respect that others like it and admire that you don't feel discouraged from it.

• Brohoof 2

It's possible. You hit the right chords you get the right response. Had your show flopped I don't doubt you would have moved on, maybe found something else- assuming it didn't click for you that is. It boils back to gender identity/cultural norms. While I personally dislike the show, I respect that others like it and admire that you don't feel discouraged from it.

Wait you don't like mlp? Why are you here?

Yes, Sunset would be an example of that.

Alright I see what you mean now.

I don't know any bronies, and am curious about you. This was my remedy.

Oh alright. I guess that makes sense. Just uh stay away from the jerks who insult people and uh pony NSFW fan art. I dislike those aspects of the fandom.

Alright I see what you mean now.

Sunset proved popular resulting in toy sales of her character going through the roof--not literally--resulting in more money for Hasbro to add to their war-chest. If not for her then Equestria Girls would've fallen by the wayside long ago.

• Brohoof 1

And MLP wasn't popular until... well, we made it popular.

Lol.

That is exactly my point though.

Sunset proved popular resulting in toy sales of her character going through the roof--not literally--resulting in more money for Hasbro to add to their war-chest. If not for her then Equestria Girls would've fallen by the wayside long ago.

Alright that actually makes sense.

And MLP wasn't popular until... well, we made it popular.

Lol.

If not for the brony phenomenon along with the intended age group contributing, MLP probably wouldn't have made it past season one.

• Brohoof 1

If not for the brony phenomenon along with the intended age group contributing, MLP probably wouldn't have made it past season one.

Really? I think it might've lasted longer than that, I dunno. My assumption was always if it wasn't for the brony phenomenon, season 3 would be the ending.

• Brohoof 2

No I think it was toy sales from kids.

Really? I think it might've lasted longer than that, I dunno. My assumption was always if it wasn't for the brony phenomenon, season 3 would be the ending.

Yeah season 3 felt very much like how a lot of shows have ended.
  • Brohoof 1

I heard that season three was originally going to be the final season and "Magical Mystery Cure" did come off as being a series finale, but the show's success ensured that they would continue on with a fourth season.

No I think it was toy sales from kids.

Don't forget the toy sales that came from bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I heard that season three was originally going to be the final season and "Magical Mystery Cure" did come off as being a series finale, but the show's success ensured that they would continue on with a fourth season.

Ok cool, yeah, I heard that same thing before but I couldn't find anything on it so I was just thinking it might've been some false memory.

• Brohoof 2

Ok cool, yeah, I heard that same thing before but I couldn't find anything on it so I was just thinking it might've been some false memory.

Yeah season 3 finale felt more like a series finale.

Yeah but bronies also purchase fan made merchandise and off of sites like eBay. Non of that money goes to Hasbro.

Yeah season three did feel like the final season.

A small probability of it occurring over infinite amount of time equals an infinite chance of it repeating.  How long have cartoons been going on for before it happened? Not even a hundred years I guess. And more cartoons are happening each year than the previous nearly meaning it'll happen at an accelerated rate. It could be 20 years from now but it should still happen.

• Brohoof 1

Another way to look at it is through Twilight. When she became an alicorn at the end of season three, she flew perfectly as though she were a natural, yet in both Equestria Girls and the season four premiere, she is shown to be struggling to get her hooves off the ground through inadequate flying.

• Brohoof 2