Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there ever be another brony phenomenon?

Tilgoreth

• 3 years later...
On 11/29/2016 at 5:45 AM, Tilgoreth said:

Stop posting off topic stuff. I don't want this topic banned.

No need to worry. It is 2020 and this topic is still alive!

Where are you? :o

3 hours ago, Bastian said:

It happened before with star trek so I don't see why not.

While that is true, it was for the very first Star Trek. And it was very limited (since there were no internet).

What we need is a combination of something really good and new (never seen before), and a really evil creepy place like 4chan to create a new stereotype that will grow out of proportion :orly:

• Brohoof 4

Not really, nah. Unless if we're talking ironically. A lot of people are fans of some things for the irony rather than the sincerity

My little pony is special and also a lot of the popularity of it was this "whaaaaaaaaaat you like ponies? Hur dur ponies are for girls! You weirdos". When that is the atmosphere, you kind of want to know what the fuzz is about right why are adults watching a show meant for you know their target demography. This was a lot of just people going crazy over people watching something in their opinion they should not be watching. Now, I mean is anyone really feeling that way today I think it just kind of doesn't have the same edge to it. That said, generation five might get very popular as it'll have the bronies and whoever it'll appeal to so you know there might be but it'll be more like just because the show is good rather then it having a male audience is what I'm saying.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

I wold like to see that after I missed the first 8 years of G4. But when G5 starts I will be there from the very beginning.:squee:

I really wish G5 will be something special. But you should keep looking what others are up to. People (the fans of the show) move from things to things, and you might miss something cool if you just wait for G5. :awwthanks:

Edited by Super Splashee
fixing a parenthesis

18 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I really wish G5 will be something special. But you should keep looking what others are up to. People 8the fans of the show) move from things to things, and you might miss something cool if you just wait for G5. :awwthanks:

Waiting for G5 doesn´t mean I stop looking for exciting new stuff in the internet. In my opinion its just nice to be there from the beginning instead of missing something.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lunatic_Moonwalker said:

Waiting for G5 doesn´t mean I stop looking for exciting new stuff in the internet. In my opinion its just nice to be there from the beginning instead of missing something.

Absolutely.

But I am worried G5 won't have the same effect as G4. Even being there from the beginning. This is very early and we know nothing about how it will turn out, but one thing that keeps changing is our own age. Question is if G5 will have a higher age group because all the bronies of G4 have grown older? Or will there be a new generation of kids for G5, and were do we fit in into the equation?
Hasbro doesn't create MLP for Bronies. They target a younger audience. I might be wrong about this in the end, if it turns out Hasbro has embraced the Bronies. It is worth discussing.

I think it's very possible once Generation 5 hits, especially if it tries to be its own thing. I think it ultimately depends on what direction they go in, but then again, it'll be a while before we find out.