Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this plush fan-made or official?

ManaMinori

While browsing eBay, I often spot a Sunset Shimmer plush that looks far too good, like it's made by fans and not half -assed, like a lot of licensed companies do (coughspaghettistringmanes). Is this plush made by fans or companies? I only know of the spaghetti mane SS from Funrise, unless a new one was made...

post-23572-0-00609200-1481259403.jpg

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 3

I actually own a few MLP plushies from this company. They are good quality and look just like the photos. They not only make canon characters, but also more abstract ones. I used to own a plushie made from them of the character Cynder from the Spyro installments.

• Brohoof 3

I actually own a few MLP plushies from this company. They are good quality and look just like the photos. They not only make canon characters, but also more abstract ones. I used to own a plushie made from them of the character Cynder from the Spyro installments.

my bad. I meant to say Sunrise (that's the only company I know that has made an official Shimmy plush)

I know 4DE has some pretty show accurate plushies (of which I only have Spike). And that SS looks like it's from 4DE, but I haven't heard any word on o e being made by them, on EQD

While browsing eBay, I often spot a Sunset Shimmer plush that looks far too good, like it's made by fans and not half -assed, like a lot of licensed companies do (coughspaghettistringmanes). Is this plush made by fans or companies? I only know of the spaghetti mane SS from Funrise, unless a new one was made...

$_1.JPG

A Japanese company makes them. Not sure what the licensing deal is, but we have a store in our mall that sells Japanese imports and these are on their shelves. You see EqD mention them every now and again.

If you see that green plushie size logo on an eBay listing ... that is what this is.

• Brohoof 3

This is a "knock-off" Plush. They are manufactured from a Japanese company call "onlyfactory" or "olyfactory"......Whatever.

They are not sold in the United States but are found on E-Bay. However if your lucky and have an Anime store near you, you can possibly find some of these plushies in the store.

• Brohoof 1

This is a "knock-off" Plush. They are manufactured from a Japanese company call "onlyfactory" or "olyfactory"......Whatever.

They are not sold in the United States but are found on E-Bay. However if your lucky and have an Anime store near you, you can possibly find some of these plushies in the store.

if they're knock offs, then I prolly shouldn't get it, in that case
  • Brohoof 1

Proud owner of Luna (season 1 +) Rarity, Sweetiebelle, Maud Pie, Lyra and Bon bon. Mind you Bon bon looks a bit squished, but other than that. They come at a good price and super cuddely, even though I think only Sweetiebelle and Lyra are the only ones that actually appreciate it.

• Brohoof 2

As far as I am aware the 12 inch ones are not officially licensed and seems to come from 中国(Middle Land, aka China) so shipping takes about a month to the US for me. I have Shiny from it and he is amazing except for a few minor flaws, mainly how his cutie mark is as there is a little bit of plastic material comimg off, but rather well made :)

Edit: Actually maybe it was from 日本(Sun's Source, aka Japan since others are mentioning it, but it was shipped from China.

Edited by Namae

Nope, that's clearly not from whatever company Hasbro officially licensees to do their toys. Whomever they may be, I can tell from the style they usually do. For one, offical Hasbro toys don't have actual curves and shape put into the toy like that. The actual toys don't have that little back dip to the leg, you know, where instead of going straight down the leg shifts backwards making that little fetlock thing you see alot in pony OCs? (come to think of it, don't think even real horses have that either. Why do ponies?) In offical toys their legs are pretty much just stuffed cylinders & their heads are lumpy balls. Their hair is rarely that elaborate, but the toy line does seem to be getting better with age, so maybe sometime.

Hah! Whyever would that stop you? Sure, there's supporting the actual company, but if they outright refuse to make the character you want and another company happens to make a decent mock-up of it....where's the harm, eh?

I watch alot of Phelous's Bootleg Zones on YouTube, and he spends a TON of money on really, just absolute, crummy knockoffs that can barely support their own weight. He still plays with them, though likely, mostly so he can make bootleg videos on the internet about them, but still!

Just because something isn't official, doesn't mean its worse. Even if it is, a crummy toy can still be fun!

• Brohoof 1

Proud owner of Luna (season 1 +) Rarity, Sweetiebelle, Maud Pie, Lyra and Bon bon. Mind you Bon bon looks a bit squished, but other than that. They come at a good price and super cuddely, even though I think only Sweetiebelle and Lyra are the only ones that actually appreciate it.

When I finally do get brave enough to buy myself an MLP plushie, I guess I know where to look first.  :D

attachicon.gif$_1.JPG

I believe that this is real. My reason is because of the price. If it's expensive ($25+) and has that 12 in. thing at the top it's real. I don't believe (not certain so don't take my word on this one) people aren't able to sell products like this with a price range that is as high as the company. But I might be wrong on that.

That would be a good choice if you're generally not a fan of knock offs, but I can say that my Derpy from that company is great. I've also heard many others praising the plushies and being overall pleased with their purchases; so if you'd like to get a pony plush for a cheap price, go for Onlyfactory.  :D