Jump to content
Banner by ~ Nico

Private My Little Pony: Friendship is Roleplaying (Full tabletop system beta testing)


AuroraMLP
 Share

Recommended Posts

(Yep, that's right. In the future, though, actions that require a dice roll should be underlined, dice roll values should be in small text, and direct questions/statements to me should be in parentheses.)

 

 

7e7f8e_58fe5333e6b54e38a5c96f8f5c93c04d~

 

You got -70 points.

 

(There was actually an element of luck as well. Without the uncertainty, your points would have been -50, but the inaccuracy given by your damage value, as well as the random direction the inaccuracy was in, made it actually hit closer to the center.

 

The strange outline is a sort of pony template for scale.

 

By the way, thank you for this exercise. You might have just given me an idea to improve my combat system to make it even more realistic and fun. I should have it all sorted out by the time we next encounter something that requires combat.

 

In case you are wondering, yes, I did do archery for a while.)

Edited by AuroraMLP
  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@AuroraMLP, @@ProbablyNotLyra

 

"Yeah, not bad for a first shot. I shall take it!"

 

The scene was slowly drawing the other patron's attention. Clearly, a game hadn't been played in a while and Appleloosan locals were intrigued at the prospect of a game some making bets on the individuals about to play to kill time.

 

"Okay, one round for each of us and we'll see totals at the end eh? Might have been a while but I think I have two more solids hits in me."

 

Marking her score on a piece of scrap paper, she went ahead and threw the last two darts.

 

Throw II - 7 & 2

 

Throw III - 9 & 2

 

(Like this, I am not sure quite the proper format you require dearest PM.)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Aurora stepped up to the line. "Okay, I'll go next."

 

First Throw: d20: 6   d4: 2

 

Second Throw: d20: 2 d4: 2

 

Third Throw: d20: 1 d4: 1

 

 

7e7f8e_29780080f8594c318e3703cc44f99711~

 

 

Total Points: -10

 

Aurora grinned sheepishly, getting up from the floor, as her last throw had sent her tumbling. "Yeah, I was never really good at any of this..."

 

 

(By the way, that last shot was a fluke. Her aim was really bad, but her throw was also so inaccurate, the dart hit the board completely by accident.)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@AuroraMLP, @@ProbablyNotLyra

 

(I am not sure if y'all know this or not but I will say it anyway. You can direct your posts at any person you want by directly quoting their name in code.

 

So example: @

 

I have been doing this for the last few posts and might save us the hassle of brohoofing to notify each other in the future.)

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@KlutsyDraconequus, @ProbablyNotLyra

 

(All right. But I'm still brohoofing posts. It can't hurt. :-P )

 

EDIT: (Wait, that didn't work like I thought it would. What, specifically, do you do?)

Edited by AuroraMLP
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@KlutsyDraconequus

 

Prisma smiled softly. "It's okay. I can go first." Readying herself, she stepped up to the line.

 

 

First Throw: d20: 11  d4: 4

 

Second Throw: d20: 14 d4: 2

 

Third Throw: d20: 11 d4: 3

 

7e7f8e_0b304c04ff6b46068f349f6047fc7019~

 

First Shot: -30 Points

 

Second Shot: -50 Points

 

Third Shot: -30 Points

 

Total Points: -110 Points

 

 

Prisma backed away from the line awkwardly, realizing that she had actually beat Rain by 10 points. "Umm... Beginner's luck?"

 

 

(I think I like this system, actually. It allows luck to have a role as well as skill, unlike my previous system, which, while it worked, was kind of boring.

 

It will make real battles a bit more interesting as well, since you get to see where you hit, not just that you hit.

 

Let me know your thoughts on this in your next post. (With parentheses, like this.))

Edited by AuroraMLP
  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@AuroraMLP

 

Rain looked at the results pleased. It brought due attention to the pony who by skill, luck or most likely a mixture of the two bested her fair and square.

 

"Well I'll be, you did it. Somehow I knew in the end I would be accepting your offer regardless. Now all that remains is to see how the Griffin does. If you were any indication, then I may be passed yet again haha. Say how old are you? You definitely don't have the same proportions as any pony I've seen," She said more curious than anything else.

 

(Yeah, I agree, I like it better. So we can say gouge someone's eye out with a throwing knife then right? ;) lol anyway, I am glad I suggested this test then. I may just make that my goal for this RP...)

Edited by KlutsyDraconequus
  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


(Before/during Mirage's throws)

 

Prisma smiled nervously. "Well, um... I'm just 23, but I was always a bit... unique."

 

@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@KlutsyDraconequus

 

 

(Definitely feel free to do tests like this - I will accept them as long as they fit in. In fact, any idea that has realism is welcome. A dart game is certainly a fun activity, and I am in no rush to push through any of this.

 

Anyway, yes it is completely possible to hit someone's eye with a throwing knife. Now, that would be incredibly difficult, especially if you were trying to aim there. (Which doesn't seem like an activity that a "good guy" would want to do.))

 

 

Mirage:

 

7e7f8e_438e7c174fa94def9abb7baa468b04f3~

 

Total Points: 110

 

(Wow. That 19...)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@AuroraMLP, @@ProbablyNotLyra

 

Upon realizing Mirage's score, "For ponies who are nervous about their chances, they certainly have no reason to worry at all."

 

She trotted toward the board and reset it for the next game. It seemed their little game encouraged a small line to continue on the streak of throwing darts for the rest of the evening.

 

Resting back on the stools where they were prior, "so what is the next destination? It seems fate has bound us together for the foreseeable future."

 

She looked for a moment at Prisma, thinking how vague her answer was. Probably would figure it out in due time, she might not be ready to speak out just yet she figured mentally.

 

(While Rain is technically a neutral/peaceloving character, I am iffy but we'll see where her developement takes her. Nothing crazy, but what can I say, spit happens.)

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@KlutsyDraconequus

 

"We were thinking of exploring the ruins in the Everfree Forest. Supposedly, there is a castle there that used to be a part of a capital city. If we approach it from the Appleoosan side of the desert, the trek through the forest should be at its minimum. At least, the location where it is rumored to be. Maps of the Forest aren't exactly known to be accurate. Something that Pria here is going to try and correct."

 

Prisma smiled shyly. "Well, I won't be able to get all of the forest, but at least ponies will know how to reach the castle." She looked at Rain with a bit of worry. "I know you promised to go with us if one of us won, but I would never want to force you to go somewhere like that if you didn't want to."

 

 

(By the way, whoever said that you had to kill anything? Be creative - this isn't the average RPG, and you don't have to get into fights to become more powerful and experienced.

 

In fact, I can't think of a possible situation that I could put the characters in where the killing of an intelligent creature would be the best option, except perhaps for an enemy so powerful that failure means that you die. (Not likely, especially this early in the game.)

 

Still, for normal monster encounters, it may be harder not to just fight things, but it is a valid and encouraged option to be creative about it.

 

On a completely different note, it might be useful to put your characters direct thoughts in italics, to easily separate it from the other narration. Don't worry about it too much, though.)

Edited by AuroraMLP
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@AuroraMLP, @@ProbablyNotLyra

 

"I appreciate the concern Prisma but I made a promise and I intend to keep it. If you intended to map out Tartarus and visit Tirek himself, I would follow you. So, Thanks but no thank you." she said returning a smile back. 

 

(I get the point no worries. I just think sometimes things look better with a new coat of red paint :P. If the situation calls for innovation, then you shall have it.)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@KlutsyDraconequus

 

Prisma smiled, relieved. "Thanks. I just wanted to make sure. If you had gotten hurt... well, I just wanted to make sure you were fully in. Since you didn't know where we were going and all. Still, thanks. We'd love you in our little group."

 

(Sorry for how late this is. I was waiting just in case ProbablyNotLyra wanted to post.

 

An important point: If you want to add to this conversation, do so. If you are ready to continue with a sort of timeskip of playing a few more dart games, etc, then post with a commented-out version of something saying you are ready to go.

 

I mean parentheses. Whoops. The programming knowledge just likes to creep in. Still, if you would like to write out-of-character segments like /*this*/ or like

 

//this,

 

that would be funny and perfectly acceptable.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@ProbablyNotLyra, @@KlutsyDraconequus

 

/*Well, I'll narrate the vague events that happened in-between. Like a story when it uses a time-skip.

 

Anyway, I might wait a little bit longer. Our final player just finished with their character sheet, and is about to start playing. It might be easier to get introductions done "tonight," when we're still playing darts.

 

If they take too long, though, it can wait until the morning, when we're picking up supplies. That just makes it harder for them to make their introductory post.

 

Sorry for the sudden change, by the way, The time-skip will happen after that, though.*/

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@@AuroraMLP, @@ProbablyNotLyra

 

(In that case I am down for another round of darts. I need a comeback regardless :P.)

 

The line for the throwing darts was clearing up as ponies alike began to leave for the evening. There was still happy hour to be had so the establishment didn't close right away like the pubs in Canterlot did. 

 

"I am down for another round of darts if you all are. My bruised ego won't settle for 3rd as it stands at the moment",  giving them a taunting smirk.

 

"What do ya say?" 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...