Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any fans of the Civilization series?

CosmicHooves

I really like Civ 5 and continue to play it till this day.

My longest game took over 40 hours long to finish.

I played as George Washington and I used the world map on Huge with 12 countries.

I erased every possible victory except domination making it impossible for any nation to permanently be at peace with their allies.

The game lasted up into the century 2300, and ended with a world-wide nuclear war between France and America (me).

Seriously towards the end, a nuke was less as inexpensive as a warrior at the beginning of the game in comparison to how stupid rich I was.

I felt like I was playing god wiping out five cities in one turn, and building new ones right over the ruins.

It was the most fun I've ever gotten out of that game and I'm going to play it again soon.

So does anyone else play any games in the Civ series?

I still have Civilization II, and play it pretty often too. Hipster. :P

But I mostly play Civ III. Best game took me 5 days, playing as Alexander the Great of Greece, with 10 nations. The only way to win was to wipe out everyone, and I did so mostly in the ancient to medieval eras.

Nuking 7 cities in one turn is the best way to declare war. :3

• Brohoof 1

I still have Civilization II, and play it pretty often too. Hipster. :P

But I mostly play Civ III. Best game took me 5 days, playing as Alexander the Great of Greece, with 10 nations. The only way to win was to wipe out everyone, and I did so mostly in the ancient to medieval eras.

Nuking 7 cities in one turn is the best way to declare war. :3

It's also a good tactical move too.

There could be reinforcements hiding in the cities.

• Brohoof 1

I am. The one I really got into was Beyond Earth. The only two factions I ever played as were the Kavithan Protectorate, a futuristic theocracy consisting of India and Pakistan, and the American Reclamation Corporation, a mega-corp. granted colonizing rights by Congress.

The game also gives the option of doing what are called "affinities" essentially broad speculative directions for which your Civ carries humanity into the future. In brief: Harmony, genetic engineering and adapting to the new planet. Purity, preservation of human nature and terraforming the planet. Supremacy, cybernetics and making the species non-dependent on the planet.

So by the end of the game the planet was either dominated by cities grown from the world around them and guarded by the very fauna and its citizens hybridized with plant or animal traits in a glorious age of religious enlightenment; or a small collection of close cities that look like sky scraping server towers, protected by A.I. and its citizens very much akin to them as cyborgs pursuing the American dream beyond the cradle of humanity.

Also I got Civ IV. I haven't won the game yet but I'm going for a culture victory as good ol' Teddy. Not long ago I was reading an old newspaper of the moon landing. I honestly could not believe my eyes. What astonished me was not the moon landing itself but the stories relating to it, the countries of the world cheered the United States on. They admired my country. I honestly had a hard time believing that such words were ever printed in earnest. So in this game, I wanted to make a world where the United States was just as admired as a civ.

• Brohoof 1

yes and coincidentally enough a friend asked if i wasted to play CiV V with him in ~20 minutes XD
i'm not much of a fan of turn based games but CiV is still quite enjoyable at times ^^

I wouldn't say I am a fan of the series (because I haven't played any except 1 and don't know anything about the others) but I am definitely a fan of Civ V. I own it and it kinda took over my life for a a few weeks. Still play but only when I have time and when no one is using the main household computer because my laptop kinda sucks ass now so can't play it on there anymore.

I love Civ5, definitely one of my favorite strategy games. I've been watching people play Civ6, it looks pretty fun, but I'll stick to 5 for the time being. There's just so much content in that game that I still haven't tried out~ I have vague memories of playing Civ4 in the past too, but that was only 1-2 games.

I've been playing Civ5 a lot with @JonasDarkmane too. Germany/Russia combo strong!

I recently started a new modded game. I put every single Civ in there and enabled only Domination victory. So far, the biggest and slowest mach I've ever had. :P

wDH7APG.jpg

Playing on lowest settings and strategic view because the game implodes if I play otherwise. :derp: 14 Capitals down, 29 to go!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love Civ5, definitely one of my favorite strategy games. I've been watching people play Civ6, it looks pretty fun, but I'll stick to 5 for the time being. There's just so much content in that game that I still haven't tried out~ I have vague memories of playing Civ4 in the past too, but that was only 1-2 games.

I've been playing Civ5 a lot with @JonasDarkmane too. Germany/Russia combo strong!

I recently started a new modded game. I put every single Civ in there and enabled only Domination victory. So far, the biggest and slowest mach I've ever had. :P

sig-4802022.sig-4802016.wDH7APG.jpg

Playing on lowest settings and strategic view because the game implodes if I play otherwise. :derp: 14 Capitals down, 29 to go!

I've played on the world map, on huge, 22 nations, 28 city-states, domination victory only, with Epic time settings.

After the turn of the 24th century, half of asia and europe was a nuclear fallout with the only countries left being France and America (me).

Rest assure, the save file eventually crashed my computer towards the end of the game.

Edited by Blue Snow
  • Brohoof 1

I fell love with the series after I bought Civ5(231h atm), mostly playing heavily modded matches alone (huge maps), longest match has been about 800 turns, only playing with domination victory. looking forward to get Civ6 and Civ4.

Edited by The Cerberus

I've played only Civ V out of all the Civ games, but I hope to get 6 as well. 

As Strudel here above has made clear, I have played quite a few matches with him. *With Russian accent* "Us Kammerads spread revolution everywhere. Red tide washes over all countries!" (fyi, I actually played Germany in that match). They are all fun games. 

I really like Civ V's style, it's mechanics. They are really easy to learn and easy to play with. Even if you are not a skilled strategy gamer, you will be able to handle this game quite fine and will even be able to play on an equal level with even the most skilled strategy gamer. It's really that type of game. 

Will never ever forget my ever first Civ game run as the Aztecs (before all of the DLCs and really the updates, when (even barbarian) galleys were ranged and annoyed coastal troops). 

Luv the game so much. 

• Brohoof 1

Never played any of the PC games, but I have played the 360 version of Civilization Revolution and that game is awesome. I love the visuals and the many ways to achieve victory. I am more of a fan of RTS games rather than turn-based but this is possibly my favorite of that genre. Now I hope they can make it backwards compatible on Xbox One. >_<

• Brohoof 1

Civilization in general is a really good series.  My all time favorite is probably Civilization V, its got a really good tight design with some interesting combat.

As anyone here tried multiplayer matches of Civilization V?  I keep on trying to get a large brony game of Civ V going but I always have difficulty organizing one.

So like if you know this game is a lost cause what should you do? I have the third highest score out of ten civs but pretty low technologically. Other civ is bankrupt but continues to make wonders and the other civ just controls all of africa (hella money and luxuries, etc.) Also pretty far in game now.

If you knew you weren't going to win do you just quit or play till the end?

Civilisation games were always overrated, at least the new ones. The old ones (I and II) were amazing!

Definitely would not say that.

The games have been getting more advanced title by title.

In my opinion, Civ 5 is the best entry in the series so far.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Revolution is the only one I've played, and I've seen how overly complicated the PC ones are. So it will probably be the only one I will play... plus Revolution just came backwards compatible on Xbox One.