Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite 'Versus' Puzzle Game(s)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

The puzzle genre of video games has seen such an immense variety of titles over the years. From the almighty Tetris, to games like Lumines and many others. While there are many games in this genre that focus on getting the best scores and such, there are also many puzzle games that focus on, or have the option for versus play, either against A.I. or a real player. There are so many of these games that it makes me curious what your favorites might be. So, let's get into it!

My all-time favorite Versus Puzzler is Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, specifically the HD Remix. I discovered the original game on a demo disc on PS1 year back and I have loved the game ever since. I love the overall system, the use of Capcom characters, the music, the background, it is all so fun! Currently I am seriously hoping that Capcom makes Puzzle Fighter 2 HD backwards compatible on Xbox One. Capcom, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase! Don't make me poke you!

264029-super_puzzle_fighter_hd.jpg.thumb.jpg.0c6d1ae8c698b2ea87a16e6ce6cb53f7.jpg

Personally I am partial to an older ds version of vs tetris which had circulated around my school a couple years ago. I can't remember its name specifically but I remember that if you were in a 2-4 person vs match there were these power-ups you could get. Some of them were the simple ones like delete a line or select your next block but there were also some more entertaining ones. The most powerful item you could get was the switch boards item which as it says will switch your board with a partner. This made a scenario which whoever got this would start to fill up their board to near max so that the next block you kill and then they would switch with another player. So it came down to us playing with the eventual moment that you look at the top screen and see another screen filling and then everyone would go crazy because you know someone was gone.

• Brohoof 1