Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite DS Games

mR.dErP893

I just wanted to start a gaming, so I made the first thing that came to my mind.

My Favorite DS Games are Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Resident Evil DS, Nintendogs, Pokemon Peral, Phoenix Wight Series, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Cart DS, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and Elite Beat Agents

Well, probably my favorite Nintendo games are probably Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy, all the Prof. Layton games and Megaman ZX.

The games I chose for myself appeal to me in a good way and Phoenix Wright is probably number 1 on my list due to it being so AWESOME!

• Brohoof 1

Metroid Prime: Hunters, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Cart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Pokemon Diamond & Peral, Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

That's pretty much it :P

yay! LOVE THIS THREAD!

there are games that I enoyojed and games that are my favorites on DS (but I still have tons and tons of games to play, because the DS had an incredible amount of great games)

well, my favorites are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could play both games for years and never get bored

• Brohoof 3

Posted Image

OH HELL YEAH!!

I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game. I loved this game.

HELL YEAH!!

• Brohoof 1

yay! LOVE THIS THREAD!

there are games that I enoyojed and games that are my favorites on DS (but I still have tons and tons of games to play, because the DS had an incredible amount of great games)

well, my favorites are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could play both games for years and never get bored

absolutely love advance wars: dual strike! i used to play it for hours on end when i had time to pass :P

the phoenix wright series is also awesome, and who can forget mario kart!

cooking mama was also fun in a silly sort of way :P

• Brohoof 1

absolutely love advance wars: dual strike! i used to play it for hours on end when i had time to pass :P

the phoenix wright series is also awesome, and who can forget mario kart!

cooking mama was also fun in a silly sort of way :P

actually advance wars was my first DS game, I bought my DS in christmas, and got advance wars like in january I think...and I didn't have money for more games and my mom didn't wanted to randomly buy me more games if it wasn't a special occasion.

So I stick with my AW for a full year! until christmas of the next year

and never got bored

always bring my DS everywhere!!

I always had mixed feeling about the DS, there were A LOT of games and many were good, but only a few were great IMO

Dabess games to me are:

-Okamiden

-M&L BiS

-Pokemon D/D/Pt was dabess pokemon game on the console, B/W was ok, HG/SS were just remakes, Pokemon COnquest is a good spinoff also, actually, it's the ONLY good spinoff Pokemon has ever made

-Advance Wars Dual Strike

-ALL PROFESSOR LAYTON GAMES

Back when I had a working DS, these are the games I played all the time because they were that awesome.

Lost Magic. This RPG kept my attention, with its massive amount of spells, lots of monsters to capture, and great music to boot. While it has its flaws, such as an annoying timer for the levels, it's still a solid RPG. Spells are cast by drawing runes, and the game is mostly controlled via touch screen.

Mario Kart DS. Need I say more?

The Dragon Quest series remakes on the DS. Legendary RPG series there, updated for the DS. If you have a DS and don't have these, get them. They're worth it, and you'll get a lot of playtime out of each one.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. Sunk a lot of time in this one. So much more customization than the Pokemon games. I figure the complexity of the Monsters series is what keeps it from being the next Pokemon because it's harder to pick up.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. This one has addictive gameplay. Essentially, you play as the titular slime, and you have a tank. You stock your tank with items, and fire them from the cannons at the enemy's tank. You can also have your AI companions take care of the tank themselves while you smash into the enemy's tank and sabatoge, but they can do the same to you. Just, go play the game. Now.

Meteos was the puzzle game I always played. Had a lot of fun with it.

Other than that, I really can't think of any other DS games I enjoyed above the norm. I guess I'd give honorable mentions to Kirby Canvas Curse and Pokemon Pearl, though that generation was when Pokemon started going all weird to me, so I lost interest in it.

• Brohoof 2

Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road. Yeah, it's a JRPG and perhaps one of the better looking ones for that console. Only downside of the game is the overly simplified combat system.

Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia. Everything you love about castlevania perfectly recreated for a handheld console.

Elite Beat Agents. There was a serious lack of good rhythm games for the ds but this more than fills that gap.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. Sunk a lot of time in this one. So much more customization than the Pokemon games. I figure the complexity of the Monsters series is what keeps it from being the next Pokemon because it's harder to pick up.

I have to disagree... I have Dragon Quest Monster Joker and I got a huge dissapointment with that game, I only wish Pokemon was like this game in the graphics, nothing else...

the game itself it's super limited, and the way to capture monsters is super random, and not fun...

You must upgrade the monsters that you have because no matter how many levels a monster with rank F increases, it always will be weak.

The monsters techniques, are really crappy and and I just stuck with the command fight, which deals much more damage than the techniques, the story is boring as hell, the music is repetitive and annoying and the characters are empty.

it was really cool that you could combine monsters though.

I have to disagree... I have Dragon Quest Monster Joker and I got a huge dissapointment with that game, I only wish Pokemon was like this game in the graphics, nothing else...

the game itself it's super limited, and the way to capture monsters is super random, and not fun...

You must upgrade the monsters that you have because no matter how many levels a monster with rank F increases, it always will be weak.

The monsters techniques, are really crappy and and I just stuck with the command fight, which deals much more damage than the techniques, the story is boring as hell, the music is repetitive and annoying and the characters are empty.

it was really cool that you could combine monsters though.

Well, you were probably playing the game wrong. Well, what I mean is, you were going about it the wrong way. If you fuse monsters right, (consult a guide on it if you want to), by the end of the main game, you can easily have a party of OP monsters with both high-healing spells and high-damaging spells. It does take a bit of grind, though, but no where near as much as, say, EV training in a Pokemon game. And the reason the "fight" command was doing more damage is because you were making your monsters have bad stats. If you actually go out of your way to use the fusion system, you find it's a lot more versatile than Pokemon with its' breeding, because a lot more of the stats are in your control.

Well, I guess it's the type of game that you either love or hate. :P I will say I preferred the capturing method of previous games in the series (win them over with meat), but once I got used to Joker's system, I liked the fact you didn't run into the oh-crap-I-need-more-Pokeballs problem you do in the Pokeball games. :P But meh, complicated games aren't for everypony.

Well, you were probably playing the game wrong. Well, what I mean is, you were going about it the wrong way. If you fuse monsters right, (consult a guide on it if you want to), by the end of the main game, you can easily have a party of OP monsters with both high-healing spells and high-damaging spells. It does take a bit of grind, though, but no where near as much as, say, EV training in a Pokemon game. And the reason the "fight" command was doing more damage is because you were making your monsters have bad stats. If you actually go out of your way to use the fusion system, you find it's a lot more versatile than Pokemon with its' breeding, because a lot more of the stats are in your control.

Well, I guess it's the type of game that you either love or hate. :P I will say I preferred the capturing method of previous games in the series (win them over with meat), but once I got used to Joker's system, I liked the fact you didn't run into the oh-crap-I-need-more-Pokeballs problem you do in the Pokeball games. :P But meh, complicated games aren't for everypony.

No I know that I have to combine them, but I got too attached to some monsters (rank F) that at some points, they were useless in battle. At least in pokemon, your pokemon can be stronger without being evolved.

sue me for linking my monsters, they are mah babies! :(

No I know that I have to combine them, but I got too attached to some monsters (rank F) that at some points, they were useless in battle. At least in pokemon, your pokemon can be stronger without being evolved.

sue me for linking my monsters, they are mah babies! :(

Well, you really can't get attached to your monsters and still succeed. :P However, the higher level the monsters you're fusing are, the better the stats of the produced monster is (to an extent). Also, what's better, a Slime, or a Darkonium Slime? :P

Well, you really can't get attached to your monsters and still succeed. :P However, the higher level the monsters you're fusing are, the better the stats of the produced monster is (to an extent). Also, what's better, a Slime, or a Darkonium Slime? :P

sorry but I don't remember quite well about the game, I remember the red slime to be the best (I think it was called she-slime), i don't remember a darkonium slime, the one with the metal body?

sorry but I don't remember quite well about the game, I remember the red slime to be the best (I think it was called she-slime), i don't remember a darkonium slime, the one with the metal body?

Uhm, I have to say, if you actually beat the game with a She-slime, you are my god now. I will never surpass your skill.

And I can't quite remember their appearance, but darkonium slimes were, if I remember right, the highest tier of slime. Then again, it's been a long time for me, too. IIRC I beat the game with a Zoma, Malroth and Dragonlord, or I at least had a party of those at some point. I cannot remember, and have no DS to fire the game up with.

If you want to continue this little discussion, take it to PM, so we aren't derailing this thread. :lol:

Uhm, I have to say, if you actually beat the game with a She-slime, you are my god now. I will never surpass your skill.

And I can't quite remember their appearance, but darkonium slimes were, if I remember right, the highest tier of slime. Then again, it's been a long time for me, too. IIRC I beat the game with a Zoma, Malroth and Dragonlord, or I at least had a party of those at some point. I cannot remember, and have no DS to fire the game up with.

If you want to continue this little discussion, take it to PM, so we aren't derailing this thread. :lol:

but we are discussing DS games, actually I never beated the game, I got too bored to finish it ...and don't worry DQMJ is not a game that I would happily discuss

I actually really like the Pokemon games, though I guess that is my nostalgia talking (and bonding with my littlebrother)

Other DS games I really like are Twewy, Okamiden, Kid Icarus and Ocarina of Time.