Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst game in your favorite gaming series

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Out of any of your favorite gaming series, like...Mario, Star Fox, Pokemon, Kingdom hearts, Legend of Zelda, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, etc, etc, etc, what has been the worst game they have made that was a total disappointment?

I have a few...

I really loved/love Banjo Kazooie. There has been 3 major games and a few spin-offs. Honestly, Nuts and bolts for the 360 disappointed me. Not only did it make me unhappy that Rare ware moved to Microsoft, the game play was annoying. Sure, those graphics were pretty cool, the levels were cool, but the whole time you had to be on a machine was horrible. Why couldn't you just be Banjo and Kazooie??

I also LOVED the Star Fox series. Played just about every game. I love Star Fox so much. I liked all of the games except for Star Fox Command on the DS. The story line was a disappointment, and I hated the game play. I found it difficult, and obnoxious. They just messed everything up in it.

The Spyro series up until Spyro: A hero's tale. The legend of Spyro was okay, but they made the game play too "serious" and less childlike. Then, that Skylanders. Its not even Spyro anymore. It they made his appearance ugly and its not the same. I understand they try to change the games around sometimes, but Skylanders really stepped over the line.

I adored Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie growing up, my two favorite games of all time, but Nuts and Bolts completely killed the element of the platformer. I loved Rare before they started sucking on Microsoft. DK64, Conkers BFD, Gemeni Jet Force, Golden Eye! Kameo was their last decent game, now they are shit completely. On a side note, I'm not much of an FPS fan, so this isn't about my "favorite game" turning to shit, but honestly, Call of Duty was way over kill, they have milked the dry cow to it's blood on that one, it's the same game, all of them.

• Brohoof 2

I can't say anything about my favorite series, The Elder Scrolls, because I haven't played the first two and I liked the other three, so I'm just going to pick my favorite franchises from when I was younger

Crash Bandicoot- I wasn't a fan of Crash of the Titans. Not completely unplayable, but I thought that it wasn't nearly as good as the previous games. Oh, and the character redesigns were pretty bad. Especially for Uka Uka and Aku Aku.

Sonic- Sonic 2006 was horrible. Plotline was mediocre, NPCs were lifeless, there were bugs everywhere, and the gameplay was okay at best. However, it was so hilariously bad, that I actually liked it because of how ridiculous it was. Edit: I forgot to mention that the soundtrack for this game was actually really good. Still a crappy game.

Sonic and the Secret Rings had potential. Then, it threw that potential away with unskippable cutscenes that were way too long and horrendous controls. The sad thing is, this game would have been so much better if it weren't for those godawful controls(seriously, they're bad.)

The Legend of Zelda- Spirit Tracks was.... okay, I guess. It could have been a lot better, though. My main problem was travelling by train. I thought is was boring and rather annoying. I'd rather walk, to be honest.

Edited by Sir Fluffernutter

I have a problem exactly like yours, I have a Halo 4 review on Meta critic that I'll link: http://www.metacritic.com/user/Gearhart7302

But basically Halo 4 was so hipped by everyone, including me, that I saved up my money, just to figure out how horrible it was. Every other Halo fan seemed to enjoy it but I have a very big, extensive list of why it sucks:

1. Everything is new, including: Guns, Enemies, Art work, physics engine, ETC

2. UNSC weapons are useless

3. Forerunner weapons are a copy paste of the UNSC weapons

4. Story is utterly retared

5. TOO MANY EMOS

6. The final boss is a quick time event

7. You have to unlock everything in multiplayer including: armor, symbol, ETC

8. You need a second disc to download about 4mb worth of files

AND FINALLY: The new maps suck utterly

The biggest one for me?

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

Story was major filler, some plot holes, basic and boring gameplay compared to the others in the series, characters didn't do much besides the ending, way too tiring thanks to no new worlds or advanced gameplay, boring bosses, and was overall the weakest in the kingdom hearts series. X/

Deus Ex is my favourite game of all time and I've liked and beat Human revolution.Invisible war was unplayable for me.

Really like the witcher series,but the first one's combat system is a bit annoying for me,and for both games the controls were a bit unresponsive in combat.But it's prob because I need to get a better computer.

play Dues Ex The Fall trust me, you'll never forget it

post-17832-0-65172900-1397589133.gif

Battlefield Play4Free- Seriously? a F2P Battlefield title?

Call of Duty: MW3- The most depressingly drab and dull multiplayer game I've ever played

Sonic 06- I don't even need an explanation.

there are more, I just can't think of any.

Pokémon: Pokémon Gold and Silver. The music is quiet and slow, the controls are annoying, (I am aware that Running Shoes did not exist from Red / Blue to Gold / Silver, though…) I never liked Johto Pokémon and is a slow-paced game. I never liked slow-paced games, they make me sooo bored… >_<

Crash Bandicoot: This one was rather tricky, but probably Crash Boom Bang. It’s forgettable, the music and sound effects are ridiculous, the mini-games were annoying and overall was just a terrible game… although, it isn’t as forgettable as those three GBA games.

...actually, while Crash Boom Bang was lackluster, I found the first Crash Bandicoot to be a very outdated game. Limited save points, coloured Gems can only be received without dying and that you can only use the D-Pad to move around.

Edited by Sawk

Battlefield

Battlefield 4 is pretty bad compared to every other Battlefield game made.

Assassin's Creed

Black Flag feels less like an assassin game and more a pirate game.

Call of Duty

Dear god, Black Ops 2 was horrible. I absolutely hated it.

Need for Speed

Rivals is absolute shit. So was Shift 2: Unleashed.

Edited by Novr

My biggest is, of course, Sonic the Hedgehog. The "worst" game in my opinion, was probably Sonic 3D Blast, and I've played Sonic '06 many many times.

Another favorite is Star Fox, the worst game obviously being Command, it just didn't even feel like Star Fox to me. The team is split up, different Arwings with different "powers", and more drama than every episode of Oprah put together. The Great Fox...was a disgrace, the only Star Fox game I haven't beaten, and don't plan to.

Another favorite of mine is Gears of War, but I won't lie, they're all amazing. Least favorite though is Judgement. While it was a Gears of War game, it just didn't feel like a Gears of War game. No Marcus or Dom, nor was Cole going insane, it was too serious and humorless to feel like the past 3, although this was a prequel to the series.

Oh look at that, another favorite, will it ever end? Actually yes, this is the last one. Halo, while the first 3 games (plus Reach and 4) were nearly flawless, I'd had to go with Halo Wars. Simply because it wasn't a Halo game, but originally a different game that Bungie decided to put Halo models into, I don't even like those kinds of games to top it off.

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron: Battlefront 1 was a great game, if very unbalanced. Battlefront 2 is one of the greatest games ever made to this date. Renegade Squadron was okay, not much to say about it. Elite Squadron is just flat-out terrible.

Everything about Elite Squadron felt butchered in comparison to every other Battlefront game.

For story, where Battlefront 2 used its campaign mode to explore a brand new side of the universe, and crammed in more moral ambiguity than every one of the movies combined, Elite Squadron's campaign was an abysmal fanfiction loaded to the brim with cliches and continuity errors.

For space combat, where Battlefront 2 made it a separate mode and gave it proper implementation in Galactic Conquest, Elite Squadron saw fit to relegate the entire mode to a meaningless 200 point boost for destroying a capital ship.

For basic gunplay, where Renegade Squadron found a system that worked well for the PSP's controls, Elite Squadron made the simple act of moving your character feel almost Herculean in its difficulty.

For the flow of gameplay, where every single other Battlefront game made the capture/loss of any command post a game-changing event that shifted the entire paradigm of the battle, Elite Squadron turned the entire affair into a game of musical chairs. Just run from command post to command post ad infinitum. Maybe there'll be an enemy there once in a while, but more than likely, they've already moved to the next one and you've just gotta sit there on your ass while it captures.

For AI, it is not uncommon to see enemies just standing in front of you refusing to fire just to give you a fair chance to wrestle the shit controls. And teamwork? Forget about it!

For scoring, something so simple that one would think it impossible to fuck up, Elite Squadron completely tossed out the old, tried and true ticket system, and then just assigned every kill and CP a point value, and had you race to 1000. I can't even fathom how it would be possible to miss the point harder than that. They threw out the very essence of Battlefront, and just replaced it with the most generic idea imaginable.

And the worst part? This broken pusbucket was almost Battlefront III. Elite Squadron was literally cobbled together from what Rebellion was able to scavenge off of Free Radical's canned build for SWBF3 before LucasArts pulled the plug. The story is exactly the same, the space-ground integration was a system originally designed for BF3, hell, even some of the maps look alike.

For taking what could have been an amazing game, and turning it into one of the laziest abominations I've ever played, Rebellion has earned several spaces on my shitlist. Terrible games and business practices like this are exactly the reason why Disney and EA needed to take over the franchise.

Obamacare.

No, no.

There were a few "random" Pokémon games. I didn't really like how B/W 2 sounded, either.

You know, I can't think of anything. Damn. :L

OHHHH OHHHHH WAIT! I didn't like any of the random Halo games. Well, maybe some...

Edited by Ducksquack

Dead Space 3 for me, it totally killed the survival factor that the first and second Dead Space had.

I didn't like how it basically gave you tons of ammo (Made it feel like if I had infinite ammo)

Dead Space 3 for me, it totally killed the survival factor that the first and second Dead Space had.

I didn't like how it basically gave you tons of ammo (Made it feel like if I had infinite ammo)

I love the first one. Enjoyed the second one, even though it was stupid with the supernatural stuff. The first game was just basically "Get off the ship alive" which is what I loved. Not bothered with three after playing the demo.

I am a massive Silent Hill nut. I just love it...But I HATE Shattered Memories. I cannot stand it. It feels like a cheap Haunting Ground or Clock Tower 3.

I am a massive Silent Hill nut. I just love it...But I HATE Shattered Memories. I cannot stand it. It feels like a cheap Haunting Ground or Clock Tower 3.

So far I've only played Homecoming and Downpour, they were good but I never finished either  :lol:

All I know is I had some nightmares with that triangle head thing with the sword after playing them  :o

So far I've only played Homecoming and Downpour, they were good but I never finished either  :lol:

All I know is I had some nightmares with that triangle head thing with the sword after playing them  :o

You should definitely play the first three. Psychological survival horror at it's finest. Four onwards are more action games. I loved Homecoming and Downpour. Origins is great too!

Super Smash Bros Brawl:

It's not a bad game by any stretch, but in a way it was a massive dissapointment due to a massive step down in gameplay. A higher quality selection of characters and a metric crapton of game content slighty helps though (Smash 64 was a low budget first time game so that gets a semi pass here, though I'd play Brawl over 64 any day.)

Halo 4:

To be fair I didn't play much of it because I was getting bored of the Xbox line in general and really wanted to go back to Sony but it felt like everything good about Halo was sucked out of this game and it's pretty much the reason why I don't think Microsoft has any reason to be chosen beyond the hardware (Which isn't much because the XBO and the PS4 are pretty similar) nowadays.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

It's the Spyro equivalent of Sonic 06 and I'm not even exaggerating, this game is barely even a quarter finished. Hell, the glitches go up to the point where there's a chance the game will just go "lel fuck you" and stop you from progressing further in the game at a certain point. 

Transformers: Dark of the Moon. I'll be honest here, i really like the Transformers games. Especially the ones by High Moon Studios. However, Transformers Dark of the Moon was not only a mediocre Transformers game, it was a mediocre High Moon game. The campaign was short and had a pretty shallow plot (and Mirage's level was just horrible). The online multiplayer was terribly unbalanced. Seriously, Soundwave is ridiculously overpowered. Edited by ShadowPirateX