Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New AR Fan here!

Zephyr Swirl

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google it!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was having a terrible week that just kept getting worse by the day. I needed something that was devoid of all darkness, something innocent. I turned on MLP *just to keep me from getting down*. I started watching the episode that was on. Then the next day I caught another episode. By the next week, I had the show set to record and I was looking for "fan groups" on FB just so I could share how this show lifted me up and is actually pretty great!

Brand New! I'm definitely a fan, but am I a pony? 

Hello everypony!:pinkie:

I live in Arkansas and am new to the fandom. I caught an episode on a bad day and have been hooked ever since. But, I don't know if I would call myself a "pony". It's interesting to me how we  get excited and happily engage in labeling things with the language of a subculture once we are involved in one. I have been thinking about creating my own pony because I enjoy art and am very excited about everything MLP so far. But, does that mean I'm a pony?:confused:

Just thought I would ask a pressing question with my intro. Thanks for reading and if you could offer me some interesting feedback/new "pony" banter, I would love that. Again, I am new to the fandom, but have been "obsessing" over it until I found poniverse. Then I felt a sense of comfort when finding a place I could use as an outlet for my newfound joy. I have no one in the real world to discuss this topic with, so I branched out and found something; YOU! 

Zephyr Swirl

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Zephyr Swirl said:

I have been thinking about creating my own pony because I enjoy art and am very excited about everything MLP so far. But, does that mean I'm a pony?

:bedeyes: Mind doing me a favor, and tell me the definition of pony first?

3 hours ago, Esom said:

:bedeyes: Mind doing me a favor, and tell me the definition of pony first?

Oh yes, I suppose I could have elaborated. 

I'm a fan in the sense I enjoy the show, watch it frequently, enjoy it's values and sense of humor. 

I understand there are many aspects to a fandom, but I'm referring to people that roleplay in a constant state or identify as a "pony" in these online communities.

Using the language is fun and part of a fandom as well, but I asked as a fun way to get that conversation started. 

14 hours ago, Zephyr Swirl said:

Oh yes, I suppose I could have elaborated. 

I'm a fan in the sense I enjoy the show, watch it frequently, enjoy it's values and sense of humor. 

I understand there are many aspects to a fandom, but I'm referring to people that roleplay in a constant state or identify as a "pony" in these online communities.

Using the language is fun and part of a fandom as well, but I asked as a fun way to get that conversation started. 

Well in that case, I don't think so. From what I've seen (though keep in mind I've been here for a short while), you're only going to get identified as a "pony" in the Roleplay World part of the forum.

• Brohoof 1

Hello Zephyr, nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies there. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..    :)

• Brohoof 2

Hi Zephyr Swirl and welcome to the forums! Looks like you're new enough for me to say this, but in fact welcome to the herd!

Are you a pony? Well being as I can't actually see you I gotta say I don't know. :P But jokes aside, welcome! I believe you'll find this community to be quite friendly and open to making new friends. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to send a PM my way. :)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

Hi Zephyr Swirl and welcome to the forums! Looks like you're new enough for me to say this, but in fact welcome to the herd!

Are you a pony? Well being as I can't actually see you I gotta say I don't know. :P But jokes aside, welcome! I believe you'll find this community to be quite friendly and open to making new friends. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to send a PM my way. :)

Wow, you're not kidding about how friendly everypony is! Thank you for your kindness and I may take y'all up on your offers!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey.png

Welcome to MLP forums! I am Cinnamon, but feel free to call me Cinna or Cinny!

If you have any questions, or just want a pony to chat with, feel free to PM me!

And I also live in Arkansas, just moved here from Colorado about... a year and a half and a month ago, Quite the change, and I had to leave behind all my friends, but it's alright. I'm in the north part, but been to a lot of different areas, but, nice to meet someone else! Hope to see you around!