Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does LOE take place during summer vacation/break?

ShadowSJG

I hope this does not seem like a dumb question but I was wondering, does it? I mean, promotional materials say it takes place during summer but it is also called a class trip or something, so I was wondering, does it take place during the summer break?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Aya. K. said:

Since it was a school trip...probably not. ._.

Well it does say it takes place during summer, which is normally time for a break, so it is likely as well, don't you think? Maybe a trip for summer break? As well, the director, ishi ruddel, I think said perhaps on twitter.

Edited by ShadowSJG

5 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I assumed that it took place during the Summer break between the main 7's junior and senior years of high school.

Me too but the fact that they say it is a trip confuses me a bit

According to Celestia, she congratulated the students for raising enough money to go to Camp Everfree as a class field trip, so it's safe to assume then that Legend of Everfree takes place during the school year as opposed to summer. I believe the movie occurs one month after Friendship Games thought it might be two months.

i dunno how you guys do school trips on the other side of the pond, but over her ein the UK a week long school trip like this was normal in my school at least.

If I was to compare this trip to one my school did and still does it would be during the Spring half term or Easter holiday. For the younger school (my school was a huge private school split into 3 age groups) they got offered to do a PGL activities holiday - pretty much Summer Camp for you Americans but not as long. A few teachers would go along as well.  

We never were offered anything during the summer term tripwise. Any big over seas trips would be during term time, or like I said, half term and the spring break, where it was still within the school year. 

So I would guess that the Everfree trip is during term for one year group, seeing as the CMC were not involved in the movie. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)
On 5/16/2017 at 6:43 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

According to Celestia, she congratulated the students for raising enough money to go to Camp Everfree as a class field trip, so it's safe to assume then that Legend of Everfree takes place during the school year as opposed to summer. I believe the movie occurs one month after Friendship Games thought it might be two months.

I see your point, but promotional material says that the film took place during the summer and I asked ishi ruddell on twitter if it took place during Summer break and he responded with a perhaps, so I think it does somewhere.   It's probably not so much a school trip than a summer vacation trip, and the Principal Sisters are just their chaperons.

And this tweet from Ishi Rudell:  

On 5/19/2017 at 8:48 AM, StormBlaze said:

i dunno how you guys do school trips on the other side of the pond, but over her ein the UK a week long school trip like this was normal in my school at least.

If I was to compare this trip to one my school did and still does it would be during the Spring half term or Easter holiday. For the younger school (my school was a huge private school split into 3 age groups) they got offered to do a PGL activities holiday - pretty much Summer Camp for you Americans but not as long. A few teachers would go along as well.  

We never were offered anything during the summer term tripwise. Any big over seas trips would be during term time, or like I said, half term and the spring break, where it was still within the school year. 

So I would guess that the Everfree trip is during term for one year group, seeing as the CMC were not involved in the movie. 

Snips and Snails were in it though who are Freshman and as well, it is stated that LOE takes place in the summer.

Edited by ShadowSJG

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎22 at 5:48 PM, ShadowSJG said:

I see your point, but promotional material says that the film took place during the summer and I asked ishi ruddell on twitter if it took place during Summer break and he responded with a perhaps, so I think it does somewhere.   It's probably not so much a school trip than a summer vacation trip, and the Principal Sisters are just their chaperons.

Perhaps means he cannot confirm nor deny the answer. Celestia did say that it was a class field trip given how they raised enough money to go on it in the first place and if you take the book, Twilight's Sparkly Sleepover Surprise, into account, it takes place one month after Friendship Games.

If promo stuff says it's summer, then for me it takes place in summer. ;) I've never heard of a high school class trip to a summer camp, the only thing like it was a 6th grade "outdoor education" camp I stayed at for a couple days. But it seems like the EQG universe's excuse for keeping the Mane 7 + Flash Sentry and a few others around, so I let it slide.