Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The end of Samurai Jack.

Sovereign Leader Rarity

So as many of you cartoon enthusiasts out there already know, we are mere hours away from the final episode of Season 5 of Samurai Jack and, the show in general. What ending do you want the show to have? Have you enjoyed the show? Will you miss it once it has concluded? I'm just interested to hear you opinions on the subject.

(edited)

Ending-idea:

Spoiler

Despite finally killing Aku, Jack still has to stay in the future.

But to compensate, the 3 gods -- Odin, Ra, and Vishnu -- allow Jack to finally see his family again (albeit as ghosts, of course) for closure purposes.

And lastly, said gods remove Jack's immortality so that he can ultimately live a normal life with Ashi, and the universe is now able to start improving.

"Watch out!"

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

So now that the series is over, I guess I should give my thoughts on the ending.

Spoiler

I thought that while the final episode was good, it was a bit rushed, and it would have benefited from being an hour long, instead of half an hour long.

And given how Ashi faded out of existence due to Jack killing Aku, the episode kinda proved that the whole romance between the two was ultimately only a tool to give Jack a bittersweet ending, and not used to advance Ashi's character at all.

In fact for the most part, the whole romance could have been left out of the season entirely, given how little it amounted to in the end.

But I thought it was a decent enough ending, poorly written romance aside.

• Brohoof 1

Yada  yada yada, rushed last episode, multiverse theory and parallel universes thrown out the window. Wouldn't Jack have forgotten the future if Achi never existed to send him back in time then?

I watched some episodes that I never really watched or couldn't remember well, and something seemed off... in the last episode, we see Spartok (the Spartan king) make an appearance, but wasn't he already pretty old and dying the last time we saw him in the episode where he appeared? Would've made more sense to see his son Brotok as king leading them instead.

Just another fluke :maud: .

Or maybe ..... Celtic Magic :icwudt: .

felt rushed as hell. don't get me wrong i still loved the episode (especially the final scene) but the aku fight felt incredibly underwhelming. i know all he had to do was finish him and he was previously weakened, but damn that was kinda anti-climactic. still it was funny af when he yelled "you're back already!?". overall it was beautiful but i felt like everything was moving very quickly.