Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Shadow Dash!

Deleted3133333

This is a poll. It may or may not be optional.  

10 users have voted

1. 1. Is Rainbow Dash best pony?

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes

3 hours ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Ahh, simple. X, Y, and Z are all 0. Only way the addition could ever match up with the multiplication. As for the powers. 0^0 is 1, and 0^1 is 0.

Math solved. Flappyhorse skill level increased.

Ach, you're too gud.

EXTRA CREDIT:

a + b + c +a * b * c * a ^ b ^ ^ d

a = ?

b = ?

c = ?

d = ?

Extra extra credit if you manage to come up with a general solution to this whole family of equations before I make you solve them all manually.

And, yes, there is one. I checked.

Screwdriver. There's so many things you can't do without it. I'd have to buy something new every time the batteries went dead.

Flat head or cross head?

I'm gonna go out on a complete limb here and say Hamilton. That play is an absolute masterpiece. And the music... amazing. As a whole, it is the best piece of art I've ever experienced. And one day, I'll see it live... I hope.

What's it about?

If you had the superpower of telekinetically hitting people with an object, what would that object be?

If you could have a single pocket-sized pony in real life, which one would you choose, if any?

What is the single most physically painful event you've ever experienced?

What is the most interesting pattern you've ever seen?

Edited by Duality

So, let's think... if any of those four variables equals 0, and the other three add up to 0, the 2nd equation evaluates to 0. Additionally, if A is 0, and B^C^D is 1, the third equation evaluates to zero.

So, A=0. B+C+D = 0. B^C^D = 1

So, C^D = 0. C = 0, D = 1. Thus, B must be -1

Check: 0 - 1 + 0 + 1 = 0

Check: 0*-1*0*1 = 0

Check: 0^(-1^(0^1)) = 0

Now, we can test a pattern. If the number of letters in the series is odd, then all numbers will equal 0. Proof being that the odd powers will cause the 3rd equation to evaluate to zero. If n is even, however, all odd variables (a, c, e, etc) are 0. B will be -1 times the number of other even variables. All other variables will be 1. For example, if n were 6, we would have 0^-2^0^1^0^1. Evaluates to 0. 

QED, flappyhorse wins.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:06 AM, Duality said:

Flat head or cross head?

What's it about?

If you had the superpower of telekinetically hitting people with an object, what would that object be?

If you could have a single pocket-sized pony in real life, which one would you choose, if any?

What is the single most physically painful event you've ever experienced?

What is the most interesting pattern you've ever seen?

1.) Flat-head. It can easily be used for cross-head. Cross-head, however, can't be used for flat head.

2.) Posting at 1 AM PST/4 AM EST AND doesn't know what Hamilton is about? So much for keeping your location a secret. I don't believe for a second you live in America and can't figure that one out. And with your exquisite use of the English language, there's only so many non-American places you can live. I'm onto you, Duality...

It's about the life of Alexander Hamilton, and it is AMAZING!!! Particularly the soundtrack. Go listen to it NOW!

3.) Fire. I want to hit them with fire. Does that's make me a pyro?

4.) Fluttershy. Rainbow may be best pony, but she'd hate being stuck in my pocket. Fluttershy might enjoy it, and I'd have her to talk to.

5.) Fracturing my wrist. Hurt horribly. I'd say when I cut my head open on my toilet and almost got to my skull, but I blacked out.

6.) Does the Fibonacci sequence count as a pattern?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Additionally, if A is 0, and B^C^D is 1, the third equation evaluates to zero.

If A is 0, then B^C^D can equal any positive number and the third equation will still evaluate to zero. The only criteria, then, for B, C, and D is that they add to give 0 and exponentiatify (this good professional terminology yes yes much legitimacy) to give a positive number. B = 122, C = -1, and D = -121 still satisfies all three equations, given that A = 0.

This means... that you... have calculated... ungeneralised solutions!

*gasps from audience, several faint*

QED, flappyhorse is EVUUUUUULZ.

but still has much extra credit. 'twas a valiantly intellectual effort indeed.

Posting at 1 AM PST/4 AM EST AND doesn't know what Hamilton is about? So much for keeping your location a secret. I don't believe for a second you live in America and can't figure that one out. And with your exquisite use of the English language, there's only so many non-American places you can live. I'm onto you, Duality...

You mean like, and I'm just thinking out loud here, England?

Or, maybe, um, let's say, England?

Wait, no, perhaps even England?

I am rather free with the fact that I don't live in America, my good flappy, although I do tend to express distance measurements in Imperial units and often lapse into using American grammar rules (old habits die hard, as they say).

Anyway, who's to say I didn't grow up in America/the rest of the fluent-English-speaking world (because, like, everyone knows America is, like, totally, like, the only place on, like, Earth with, like, decent English skills, amirite) and subsequently moved to a non-English-speaking country, having to pick up a new vernacular from scratch but still retaining my efficaciously erudite English expository eloquence (but, understandably, not my last-name-basis knowledge of who a centuries-dead politician is)?

awwww his first attempt at stalking internet anons my flappy is growing up so fast

also yey flappy says my english is muchgud

also also i was homeschooled i never took history i don't know any famous historical figures besides Biblical ones and famous scientists/philosophers just saying

Fire. I want to hit them with fire. Does that make me a pyro?

That makes you awesome.

Fire is awesome.

Come, young one, and join the Pyro Alliance.

With you by my side, we will do great things.

Mostly involving flammable items and a blowtorch.

Also FOOF.

Go Google that if you don't know what it is.

All pyros should know what FOOF is.

I'd say when I cut my head open on my toilet and almost got to my skull, but I blacked out.

That has got to be the most ignominious injury I've ever heard of.

Does the Fibonacci sequence count as a pattern?

Does it recur in a regular and easily predictable manner?

just in case you don't know mr. ungeneralised solution the answer is yes

What's your favourite quote for any and all situations?

What's the time?

How often do you allow yourself to become sleep deprived?

What's the densest item you own?

20 minutes ago, Duality said:

If A is 0, then B^C^D can equal any positive number and the third equation will still evaluate to zero. The only criteria, then, for B, C, and D is that they add to give 0 and exponentiatify (this good professional terminology yes yes much legitimacy) to give a positive number. B = 122, C = -1, and D = -121 still satisfies all three equations, given that A = 0.

This means... that you... have calculated... ungeneralised solutions!

*gasps from audience, several faint*

QED, flappyhorse is EVUUUUUULZ.

but still has much extra credit. 'twas a valiantly intellectual effort indeed.

NOOOOO!!!! My attempts to impress water-senpai have failed! He will never notice me now!

Time to go get Phillip back out of my shed. Yandere time, started with @Yumekai (who, strangely enough, posted here the moment I typed his name. I summoned him from the beyond). That's what he gets for trying to steal @WiiGuy2014 and my kettle corn!

(I was SOOOO close! I didn't even notice the fact it worked for all positives. I was focused on making sure it was non-zero)

23 minutes ago, Duality said:

You mean like, and I'm just thinking out loud here, England?

Or, maybe, um, let's say, England?

Wait, no, perhaps even England?

I am rather free with the fact that I don't live in America, my good flappy, although I do tend to express distance measurements in Imperial units and often lapse into using American grammar rules (old habits die hard, as they say).

Anyway, who's to say I didn't grow up in America/the rest of the fluent-English-speaking world (because, like, everyone knows America is, like, totally, like, the only place on, like, Earth with, like, decent English skills, amirite) and subsequently moved to a non-English-speaking country, having to pick up a new vernacular from scratch but still retaining my efficaciously erudite English expository eloquence (but, understandably, not my last-name-basis knowledge of who a centuries-dead politician is)?

awwww his first attempt at stalking internet anons my flappy is growing up so fast

also yey flappy says my english is muchgud

also also i was homeschooled i never took history i don't know any famous historical figures besides Biblical ones and famous scientists/philosophers just saying

No, my first attempt at stalking internet anons was my good friend from Minnesota. To prove she wasn't actually a predator, I created an email address for her to use with Pandora. When she logged in, it logged her IP address, which I traced to get her city. The combination of her full name and city got me her address, her home phone number, the names of her relatives, her birth certificate... all sorts of wonderful proof she actually exists. You're like the 5th person I've attempted to stalk.

28 minutes ago, Duality said:

That makes you awesome.

Fire is awesome.

Come, young one, and join the Pyro Alliance.

With you by my side, we will do great things.

Mostly involving flammable items and a blowtorch.

Also FOOF.

Go Google that if you don't know what it is.

All pyros should know what FOOF is.

You are member of Pyro Alliance?

But you are water.

And thus, are bad.

Unless there's an electric fire... in which case you make things worse, but no one would ever suspect you.

Clever.

I'll be joining soon. Just let me dust off Phillip.

To be fair, that head injury is the fault of a slippery bathroom floor. And I was like 8. Just saying.

1.) Ahh, it's not technically a quote (or at least, I don't know who to attribute it to), but I'm quite fond of responding with "the sky" when someone asks me what's up. It's my go-to response, because it immediately ends the conversation.

2.) It's... MUFFIN TIME!

Which happens to be 10:08 PM in NYC. As for my time... not much of a secret. 7:08. Stop stalking me.

3.) I have insomnia. I'm always sleep deprived.

4.) My parents.

• Brohoof 2

@ShadowDash13  @Duality

I used to be a math major until 2014 when I switched Degree goals to English major. So half of what Duality said is very familiar to me, despite my rusty High-level Math skills! 

Also, Shadow. About your parents being the densest item you own: I can easily believe that.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

What's your least favorite thing to do?

Least favorite food?

Worst music genre (in your opinion)

3.) THAT GARBAGE POPULAR MUSIC THAT IS ALWAYS ON THE BUCKING RADIO! IT'S NOT MUSIC IF ALL YOU'RE SINGING ABOUT IS DRUGS AND REPRODUCTION! LEARN TO MAKE QUALITY MUSIC! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, DRAKE!

*deep breath*

I have very strong opinions about that music...

2.) ORANGES! THEY ARE THE VERMIN OF THE FRUIT WORLD! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED FRUIT! THEY TASTE WORSE THAN THE DIRT THEY ARE PLANTED IN!

*deep breath*

I have very strong opinions about oranges.

1.) ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES ME TO BE NEAR MY PARENTS! THEY'RE UNREASONABLE, EGOTISTICAL JERKS WHO REFUSE TO BE WRONG AND I HATE THEM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING! 

*deep breath*

THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TO CALM MY ANGER!

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

3.) THAT GARBAGE POPULAR MUSIC THAT IS ALWAYS ON THE BUCKING RADIO! IT'S NOT MUSIC IF ALL YOU'RE SINGING ABOUT IS DRUGS AND REPRODUCTION! LEARN TO MAKE QUALITY MUSIC! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, DRAKE!

*deep breath*

I have very strong opinions about that music...

2.) ORANGES! THEY ARE THE VERMIN OF THE FRUIT WORLD! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED FRUIT! THEY TASTE WORSE THAN THE DIRT THEY ARE PLANTED IN!

*deep breath*

I have very strong opinions about oranges.

1.) ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES ME TO BE NEAR MY PARENTS! THEY'RE UNREASONABLE, EGOTISTICAL JERKS WHO REFUSE TO BE WRONG AND I HATE THEM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING! 

*deep breath*

THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TO CALM MY ANGER!

Whoa!

My top 5 favorite fruits are in order: Strawberries, Grapes, Apples (Red Delicious, especially), Oranges, Bananas

I don't blame you for the parents thing. If my own parents acted like that, I'd be mad, too!

24 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

NOOOOO!!!! My attempts to impress water-senpai have failed! He will never notice me now!

(I was SOOOO close! I didn't even notice the fact it worked for all positives. I was focused on making sure it was non-zero)

That wasn't supposed to be an excuse to stop mathsing.

GO GO GO FIX IT NAOOOO

also i notice you all the time how dare you imply that i'm unobservant such slander

25 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

No, my first attempt at stalking internet anons was my good friend from Minnesota. To prove she wasn't actually a predator, I created an email address for her to use with Pandora. When she logged in, it logged her IP address, which I traced to get her city. The combination of her full name and city got me her address, her home phone number, the names of her relatives, her birth certificate... all sorts of wonderful proof she actually exists. You're like the 5th person I've attempted to stalk.

hah but you can't track me down i too smart

26 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

You are member of Pyro Alliance?

But you are water.

And thus, are bad.

Unless there's an electric fire... in which case you make things worse, but no one would ever suspect you.

Clever.

I'll be joining soon. Just let me dust off Phillip.

You obviously didn't Google FOOF.

Compound that reacts explosively (i.e., involving much fire) with water.

Also with air, light, and pretty much everything else, but the thought still stands.

28 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Ahh, it's not technically a quote (or at least, I don't know who to attribute it to), but I'm quite fond of responding with "the sky" when someone asks me what's up. It's my go-to response, because it immediately ends the conversation.

My brother independently invented that comeback just last year.

You can attribute it to him if you want, although correlation definitely doesn't imply causation in this particular situation, methinks.

What's the highest you've ever counted in a single unbroken try?

What's the loudest thing you've ever heard?

What's the longest you've ever slept in one go?

Why is best pony?

1 hour ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Time to go get Phillip back out of my shed. Yandere time, started with @Yumekai (who, strangely enough, posted here the moment I typed his name. I summoned him from the beyond). That's what he gets for trying to steal @WiiGuy2014 and my kettle corn!

What are you gonna do hack me and find all my personal Information?

What are you going to track my ip and come to my house and then kill me? 

Spoiler

Nah, you'll most likely just raid my pantry... wait! NOOO my KETTLE CORN!

Spoiler

I really should eat that kettle corn... now if only it wasn't 11:26pm on a school day...

EDIT:Not sure if i should to be worried that you brohoofed this:wat:

Edited by Yumekai
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 10/2/2017 at 7:23 PM, Yumekai said:

Best moment of your life?

Favorite color?

Darkest meme you've seen?^_^

Cats or Dogs?

1.) Hmmmm... Does "7 days in Japan" count? It was a very long moment...

2.) BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! All colors pale in comparison to BLUE!

3.) 4e5.jpg

XD

4.) Hmm... here is the proper order of animals

Wolf > Fox > Dog > Coyote > Wild Cats > Cat

And yes, you should be worried. Giving me a plan was foolish.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:48 PM, Duality said:

1.) That wasn't supposed to be an excuse to stop mathsing.

GO GO GO FIX IT NAOOOO

also i notice you all the time how dare you imply that i'm unobservant such slander

2.) What's the highest you've ever counted in a single unbroken try?

3.) What's the loudest thing you've ever heard?

4.) What's the longest you've ever slept in one go?

5.) Why is best pony?

1.)

Okay, okay! So, A should always be 0. B = - (C + D + E + ... + n). C through whatever are any negative number. 

Proof:

0 + -(negative numbers n) + negative numbers n = 0

0 *  -(negative numbers n) * negative numbers n = 0

0^-(negatives)^negatives= 0^postive^negatives = 0^1/positive^positive = positive^postive root of 0 = 0

Also, we can't generalize C through whatever to be positives as well because if B becomes negative, we'll be dividing by 0.

2.) I counted to about 12,000 one insomniatic night. Then got bored.

3.) Loudest... I'm not sure about that. I haven't been anywhere where there's a lot of people, I haven't been near a taking off plane. Honestly, the loudest thing is probably my music...

4.) Easy. 11 hours, when I got back from Japan. And that's 11 hours of actually being asleep. I was really jet-laggy. I went to sleep at 4 AM and woke up at 3 in the afternoon.

5.) False. Why is not best pony. Rainbow Dash is.

Edited by ShadowDash13
  • Brohoof 2

BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! All colors pale in comparison to BLUE!

purple best tho

Okay, okay! So, A should always be 0. B = - (C + D + E + ... + n). C through whatever are any negative number. 

Proof:

0 + -(negative numbers n) + negative numbers n = 0

0 *  -(negative numbers n) * negative numbers n = 0

0^-(negatives)^negatives= 0^postive^negatives = 0^1/positive^positive = positive^postive root of 0 = 0

Also, we can't generalize C through whatever to be positives as well because if B becomes negative, we'll be dividing by 0.

Glorious.

Such gudflappy.

Here, have reward cake:

Image result for cake

I counted to about 12,000 one insomniatic night. Then got bored.

that is a lot of numbers

Assuming 3 numbers counted per second, in fact, that's over an hour straight of counting.

Easy. 11 hours, when I got back from Japan. And that's 11 hours of actually being asleep.

And then there's li'l ol' me, who sleeps 11 hours on a normal worknight. :lie:

False. Why is not best pony. Rainbow Dash is.

but why she best pony

What do you do most regularly, every week, without fail?

What are the most thought-provoking quotes, books, and/or ideas you've ever come across?

What is your favourite colour that isn't one of the primary or secondary colours?

Who is your favourite relative?

And, last but certainly not least:

Formulate a general equation for the length of any idealised cylindrical hollow pipe, based on the apparent relative diameters of each end when you look down it (10 marks).

Told you I'd ask that on your ask thread to force you to answer it. :mustache:

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, Duality said:

purple best tho

but why she best pony

So much time has passed since my last answers that I have to fix this.

Purple is best color.

Flutters is best pony.

That is all.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, Duality said:

What do you do most regularly, every week, without fail?

What are the most thought-provoking quotes, books, and/or ideas you've ever come across?

What is your favourite colour that isn't one of the primary or secondary colours?

Who is your favourite relative?

And, last but certainly not least:

Formulate a general equation for the length of any idealised cylindrical hollow pipe, based on the apparent relative diameters of each end when you look down it (10 marks).

Told you I'd ask that on your ask thread to force you to answer it. :mustache:

1.) Eat. I do it almost every day. I always fit it in at least once a week XD

2.) Although possibly not the most thought-provoking, there is one thought I've dedicated a lot of brainpower to. 

We use our five senses to process the world around us. The signals from our eyes and ears and such travel to our brain. The brain processes them to interpret the world.

But the brain is a known liar. It creates fake constructs all the time. Mental illnesses often involve a incorrect interpretation of the world.

So if our brain controls our perception of both time and space.... there is no way to truly perceive reality. Our brain could by lying about anything and everything. You may not exist, except as a false construct of my brain. Or it may be ME that doesn't exist. Who knows....

3.) Since black isn't a color.... turquoise.

4.) My grandpa, who may or may not exist XD He's awesome.

Question 5 will take some time. The following block of text will become an answer upon completion.

[text block goes here]

• Brohoof 1

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, Shadowlicious said:

Purple is best color.

Gudflappy.

Flutters is best pony.

Adequateflappy.

Eat. I do it almost every day. I always fit it in at least once a week XD

Badflappy.

Although possibly not the most thought-provoking, there is one thought I've dedicated a lot of brainpower to. 

We use our five senses to process the world around us. The signals from our eyes and ears and such travel to our brain. The brain processes them to interpret the world.

But the brain is a known liar. It creates fake constructs all the time. Mental illnesses often involve a incorrect interpretation of the world.

So if our brain controls our perception of both time and space.... there is no way to truly perceive reality. Our brain could by lying about anything and everything. You may not exist, except as a false construct of my brain. Or it may be ME that doesn't exist. Who knows....

You're a mathematician; surely it is clear to you that the philosophy of solipsism is classifiable as a 'trivial solution' to the question of life, given that it renders all meaningless if true yet is, as far as we can tell, entirely undecidable.

Since black isn't a color.... turquoise.

Black's a colour if you're working with paint, since it's the combination of all paint colours. It's like how white is a colour if you're working with light, since it's the combination of all light colours.

Consider your edginess scientifically affirmed. :proud:

Question 5 will take some time. The following block of text will become an answer upon completion.

[text block goes here]

EXAMS ONLY LAST THREE HOURS

CLOCK. IS. TICKING, FLAPPY.

CLOCK. IS. TICKINGpost-25189-0-63425300-1406314584.png