Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx was still groggy, one ear drooped further down than the other as she just saw two cats fighting. She hissed irritably and slowly got up, padding over to the two.

"Do you two mind taking this scuffle of yours outside or something?" She grumbled, and then eyed up the darker cat. "And you, go and take a bath or something. You smell like a pack of rats crawled on you and died."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur quietly agreed with Jinx's comment about the smell.

The Dark cat looked at Jinx "Such fearlessness, or more likely ignorance and stupidity." "But you are right, not being scared of me, I'm not threat to you two, though your neighbors weren't that lucky, some of them being born to disobedient clan-cats " Dark cat's calmness and lack of emotion made Slumberfur uncomfortable "I'm not threat to you two, but my friends, they don't care about collateral damage."

Edited by The Cerberus

Jinx was still too drowsy to be that intimidated by this dark cat, so she just kept glaring at them.

"Yes yes, you're very scary," she mumbled, still looking rather irritable. "Could this not have waited till later? I am very behind on my nap."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I said twice that I'm not a threat, and you respond like I'm trying to threaten you, mouse-brain." The cat said emotionlessly, as it calmly walked to Slumberfur, passing Jinx from so close that they almost touched

"More death will come, but I'm least of your worries." "There will be three more, each worse than the last." "But you have already met them." cat then walked past Slumberfur, and through the hole to outside, leaving only the scent of death floating around. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx scowled from the cat's bad smell as it went right past her. She was getting in a worse and worse mood by the moment.

When it left, the kittypet sighed and flicked her tail. "Honestly, what does a cat have to do to get some decent sleep in this forest?"

• Brohoof 1

Once Jinx was left alone in the twoleg den, she snorted and flicked her tail at Slumberfur's retort.

"Climb a tree?" She murmured as she padded back toward the blanket. "Right, next he'll expect me to swim up that river."

She flopped back down on her 'bed' and yawned, hoping to actually get some proper sleep this time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It was closing to evening when Slumberfur came back to the twoleg nest.

"I'm back" He informed just in case, not knowing if Jinx was still sleeping.

He then started looking for scent of prey and after finding a scent of squirrel, he started sneaking towards it.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx was already up and digging around inside the nest, having grown bored of being made to stay there.

"It's about time," she murmured, pawing through some old twoleg things, "staying here has gotten old already."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Slumberfur caught the squirrel. "Don't you ever stop complaining?" "Or is that only thing you know how to do?" He meowed before starting to eat the squirrel, "Besides, I don't exactly like guarding you either."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Hey, if you were forced to live away from your home, you'd be rather upset too," Jinx pointed out, flicking her tail, then looked down at the squirrel. "How did you catch that? Those things are so quick and slippery."

• Brohoof 1

"We didn't force you to stay, but we can't let you move freely inside our territory."

Slumberfur was slightly surprised by Jinx's question "I just sneaked close and grabbed it, like any other piece of prey." He meowed in surprisingly friendly tone.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her ear at the answer, not expecting it to sound so... easy. She always had trouble chasing squirrels if they came to her garden.

"But they're so slippery," she mewed, swaying her tail. "How did you do it? There must be a trick to it."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Slippery?" "When your claws are in them, they aren't going anywhere." "Only trick is that you stay silent and out of sight, so you can get close enough before you strike." Slumberfur explained, he didn't know what would be best way to explain it, especially for kittypet who from sound of it had never successfully hunted squirrel. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"It's when they climb up those cursed trees that's the problem," Jinx complained, huffing and rolling onto her side. "I swear, they do it to make fun of me. Going into my garden and daring me to chase after them."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"That's why you have to get close without them noticing you, that way they don't have time to run to safety." "Even I can't get them from trees, and I have been called squirrel." Slumberfur meowed. "I have to ask, have you ever hunted anything successfully?" His question was calm and wasn't meant as an insult. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Of course I have!" Jinx mewed, flicking her tail as she almost sounded offended. "My carers keep leaving tails and squeaky mice all over the place and I pounce and attack them easily. They don't even move either, the stupid things!"

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur looked slightly amused "Ah, those things are so stupid that even a leaf is harder to catch." "Sadly, edible prey isn't that stupid." he meowed, and quickly added "I have seen them when I have been visiting the Twoleg place." as an excuse for why he knew what Jinx was talking about, because he didn't want Jinx to start asking about it.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail and let out a soft growl. "I agree, you would think they wouldn't be so smart with those tiny heads of theirs."

Though she was curious about his mentioning visiting the twolegplace. "I assume you mean the houses. I'm not sure if I've seen you before..."

• Brohoof 1

"Twolegplace means that cluster of twoleg-nests where you live." "But those visits has been very few, so I'm not surprised you haven't seen me there." Slumberfur wasn't telling everything, "And visits are usually clan business like now, so I don't exactly go around chatting with every cat."

• Brohoof 1

"You're very dedicated to this 'clan' thing, aren't you?" Jinx murmured, rubbing her paw behind her ear. "Sounds like too much work to me. Running around, hunting, fighting..."

Her tail flicked as she wondered what hunting her own food would be like. "The most I've done is get some fish from the rivers near here."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"You could say I'm dedicated, but I would say that I'm just loyal." "Little work is small price for freedom and other benefits that clan life offers." Slumberfur meowed "Not everyone likes having hous......twolegs watching over them."

"Fish?" He meowed slightly surprised. "So you have hunted prey with brains.".  "I have never even tried to catch fish, not worth of getting my fur wet." "Eating fish is Riverclan's thing, and those lunatics swim for fun."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx blinked, wondering why Slumberfur corrected himself, but decided not to question it. The disgust of cats swimming in water for fun was much more important.

"Ugh, I know," she mewed, lashing her tail distastefully. "Getting my paws wet is bad enough, but I've actually seen them swimming. Who actually enjoys getting their fur wet like that?"

• Brohoof 1

"Riverclan apparently, either that or they like discomfort." Slumberfur choose to not point out Jinx's question about swimming when they entered Riverclan's territory.
"So, wait, if you have never caught actual prey besides fish, does that mean that you haven't eaten anything since sunhigh?"

• Brohoof 1

"That sounds about right," Jinx commented, licking her paw idly. "Sitting in some shallow water to cool off is one thing, actually swimming is another, ugh."

At Slumberfur's mention of food, a loud, deep growl sounded... coming from the kittypet's belly. She sighed and flopped onto her front. "Thank you for reminding me..."

• Brohoof 1