Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx purred and raised her chin, thinking that she had won the 'argument'.

Though at his question regarding her mother's name, and even mentioning it, she flicked her ears in thought. "I think I recall something similar to that. I'm not sure though... it certainly sounds familiar."

• Brohoof 1

"Ah, one of the flaws of kittypet life, twolegs take you away before you even know your mother." "But nevertheless, I think it's pretty safe to assume that we indeed are related, not that it necessary changes anything, but still." Slumberfur concluded, he was pretty sure about it now, but like he said, he didn't think it really changed anything, he was still Thunderclan warrior, and Jinx was a lazy kittypet.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, if you're so sure about it," Jinx muttered, though she wasn't ready to pass it off as coincidence just yet. Slumberfur did look eerily similar to her.

But he was still a stuffy forest cat, and she was still a perfect and well raised pet, so she didn't mind too much.

• Brohoof 1

"Can we really be sure in any point?" "It just is the more plausible opinion, it would be too big of a coincidence" Slumberfur meowed as he stretched a little "Not that it really matters, we don't get along either way," He didn't let Jinx to reply "I'm going to hunt something to eat, It would be appreciated if you hunted yourself." He started walking away and added "Though I probably shouldn't expect you to be able to do something so simple." He added the last bit just to annoy Jinx, he had noticed her having certain amount of pride to herself, so he hoped that by hurting her pride, he could manage to get her to do something.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx stretched herself out as well, allowing a more leisurely stretch than Slumberfur did himself.

Though, at his insult, she hissed and lashed her tail. "Hey! I am more than capable than hunting for myself! And I'll prove it too!" She raised her chin again.

• Brohoof 1

"Ha, and mice can fly." Slumberfur meowed again, before taking off and going little distance away to hunt, he was pleased that Jinx fell for his trick. Although, Slumberfur did believe that Jinx could actually catch something, if she tried hard enough, after all, he too had been unskilled kittypet once, and he managed to become better hunter than some of his clanmates.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Hmph!" Jinx hissed, lashing her tail as she stomped off in a huff. She could hunt too, she just wasn't trained like those stuck-up forest cats were. Who were they to think their lives were better than hers?

Once alone, she sat down and began to listen and smell for any nearby prey while still sulking.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't hurry with his hunting, he observed smells and sounds calmly, ignoring smaller prey like mice and searching for his personal favorite, squirrels. Not only did they offer more to eat than mice, but Slumberfur also really liked how they tasted. After catching a scent of one, Slumberfur proceeded to sneak towards it. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx eventually caught the scent of something. She wasn't sure what it was, but she wanted it. Anything that was edible really. She began skulking after it as well as she could manage.

She peeked ahead to see a mouse in the grass, and her tail swayed as she stalked toward it.

• Brohoof 1

Though Slumberfur's catch wasn't smoothest he had ever had, he managed to catch the squirrel, and in his mind thanked Starclan like was the custom under the Warrior code. He then settled down to eat his prey, after all, he had no hurry back to abandoned twoleg nest, since Jinx promised to catch his own food, and Slumberfur wasn't going to help her, until Jinx gave up and asked him to help of course, after all, she was a visitor.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx slowly crept toward the mouse, with not nearly as much skill as a trained warrior. She was acting purely on instinct.

With an ungraceful jump, she leaped toward the mouse, landing just behind it. But somehow she managed to snag it by the tail before it could scurry off, and she finished the prey before digging into it.

And as much as she loved the food the humans gave her, she had to admit live food was good as well.

• Brohoof 1

After Slumberfur finished eating, he stretched a little before making his way back towards the twoleg nest. Being alone had let Slumberfur to think about the current situation with the dark cat, he had thought about everything he knew about it, and more he thought about it, weirder it seemed.

A dark cat, that smells like death and tastes like crow-food, goes around killing cats, and didn't even flinch when attacked by Slumberfur. He then had recalled his dream from earlier and remembered the weird eyes the cat had, they were green, but empty, like blind...or dead.

Slumberfur shook his head when he thought about it again, it was impossible, Or was it? He wasn't really sure, he needed to think about it more, he also needed to figure out who the other three from his dream were.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx finished her food and buried the remains, looking rather pleased with herself. She caught that thing by herself, and it tasted better with her knowing it.

The weird cat from earlier went back to her mind. He smelled awful and didn't look right. Had he even heard of water before? But for some reason, Slumberfur seemed to know something. She was almost curious enough to ask him about it.

She also planned to boast about how she'd caught her own food when he doubted her. She strutted toward the nest, prepared to rub it in her face.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur had taken his time walking, so he arrived back to the twoleg nest after Jinx was already there. "So, did you catch anything?" "Or was it too much of a challenge?" Slumberfur meowed, with surprisingly friendly tone "I myself got an another squirrel."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx was sitting in the clearing in front of the nest when Slumberfur arrived, and she raised her chin pompously at his question.

"As a matter of fact," she purred triumphantly, "I caught a mouse. And I will have you know that it was easy for me."

• Brohoof 1

"Good job" Slumberfur meowed, sounding almost impressed "Now you can say you are more skilled than kits, and some of the apprentices." He doubted Jinx's claim that it was easy, but choose to not to mention it, "And now I don't need to feed you anymore."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx flicked her tail and raised her chin pompously. "You're just jealous because I probably did better than you on your first try."

"Well I always was perfectly capable of feeding myself," she insisted. "I just prefer to have it done for me. Conserve my energy for important things."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, this was your second try, it naturally goes better than first." "And considering your first attempt, I dare to guess that this one wasn't as smooth as you claim either." Slumberfur meowed, he wasn't convinced about Jinx doing better than him, and it could be heard from his tone "And besides, cat can always get lucky, the real challenge is to do it several times, to succeed on your every try."

"And what do you exactly need energy for?" "To walk from bed to food-bowl and back?"

• Brohoof 1

"It's more difficult than it sounds," Jinx huffed, lowering her ears in irritation. "Besides, do you know how many squeaky things hide around my home? Plus there's that strange dot that zips around the walls and floor now and then."

She lashed her tail. "I swear I'll catch it one day..."

• Brohoof 1

"Dot that zips around?" "I wouldn't believe you if it wasn't for the fact that other kittypets talked about it back when I was a kittypet, never seen it myself thought" Slumberfur meowed thoughtfully, "But fair enough, it can be tiring to try to kill those squeaky things, especially when you aren't fit like us." It didn't sound like an insult, in fact, little understanding could be heard in Slumberfur's voice.

• Brohoof 1

"I suppose you'd have to be... smaller to make all those pounces and such easier," Jinx admitted, though not sounding convinced she'd convert to the forest life, she at least understood it a little more. "To be honest, I wasn't sure what your friends back there were thinking when I showed up. I have a feeling they've never seen a... kittypet before." She added, the forest cats' word for pets sounding strange on her mouth.

• Brohoof 1

"Some of them haven't, but they do know what kittypet is." "In fact, kittypets are looked down and even used as insults, for example, 'you fight like a kittypet' is popular insult after winning another cat in a fight" Slumberfur explained "So I don't think they think too nicely about you, I can imagine there's lot of badmouthing about both you and me." "They just don't show it because Kitestar wanted you here."

• Brohoof 1

"Hmph," Jinx huffed, turning her chin up to the side. "Well, they can think what they like. They don't know what my life is like anyway."

She flicked her tail. "Honestly, they might know what they are, but they clearly don't know what they're like."

• Brohoof 1

"Lazy, unskilled, coward, selfish, living a soft life..." Slumberfur started listing, and ended up listing a quite a list of things, "...those are some things you can be called as a kittypet, and keep in mind that our clan is generally the friendliest clan from the four" "Though why do you care?" "You probably are not staying here for long, and probably will never see the camp and most of the clan again anyway."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx narrowed her eyes as Slumberfur listed off the different insults for kittypets. Needless to say, she was not impressed at all.

"Hmph, true," she huffed, lashing her tail as her emotions began to overtake her a little. "I just would like to think they could all do with having their minds opened a little."

• Brohoof 1