Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

The hunter was surprised by Speechless' attack the claw hit his side tearing into the cloak and leather armor under it. He saw him about to bite again and he put a hoof up which is what he bit. His arm was unprotected, however. The hunter grunted when his teeth bit into his arm. He rose his other hoof, the one holding the sword but he never swung at him

Maple had flown at him at high speed and kicked him sending the hunter crashing thought the already very torn up door. The door itself unhinged. Maple stood up and nodded to Speechless "Get him..." She said to him, Still pretty scared herself.

The hunter recovered quickly now he was outside, the two vampires were inside and so was his sword. Now his crossbow was broken as well.

Speechless didn't let go until he felt the pegasus start moving when Maple kicked him, and when he did, he could taste metallic-taste in his mouth, he had made some damage, at least a cut if nothing else. He didn't need to hear Maple's words, because he was already going towards the hunter, not even looking towards the sword that the hunter had dropped. There wasn't any fear seen in Speechless, there was only anger burning in his eyes as he stared the pegasus right into his eyes. 

Speechless charged again, aiming his to claws to anywhere where there was armorless spot. The Timberwolfs were now only a backup plan, Speechless didn't need the help of the creatures of Everfree yet, no, he was a creature of the Everfree, and now the hunter didn't have his weapon's, but Speechless had his claws, and he wasn't afraid to use them. 

Edited by The Cerberus

The hunter knew he was outmatched now after all, Vampire hunters didn't last long if they didn't know when to run. He needed a way out he flew up into the tree line but not above it and started moving between the branches making it hard for Speechless to follow him. He was moving rather quickly too.

Maple ran outside. "Are you ok! Where'd he go!" She was wielding the hunter's sword ready to fight if he was still there.

Speechless could have followed the hunter, being used to moving in the forest, but he didn't see it to be necessary.

To answer to Maple, Speechless nodded and pointed to the direction the pegasus had left, he was little disappointed that he got away, because that meant he would be back, but Speechless would be prepared. He walked past Maple inside his house and got himself a piece of paper and envelope, and wrote few sentences before sealing the envelope. He then took out his notebook and pointed "Are you okay?"

Maple put the sword in the ground before she read it. "Yea... I'm fine thanks to you Speechless... Sorry, you saw me so helpless... I just... Well, I'm not a good fighter without anything to use as a weapon. Sure I helped but that's because you needed it. But... You on the other hoof, are very brave and strong... I didn't even know you could get like that." SHe was a bit wide-eyed from his assault on the hunter.

Speechless wrote. "To be honest, I didn't know either." He smiled at maple, but something seemed to bother him  "And you don't need to apologize for being scared, even you can't be brave protector every time." He then made his bat-calling sound and gave the envelope to a bat that came in, sending the bat back out right away.

"I guess you make a good point." Maple said giving a soft smile "Thanks... I thought he was dead... I thought dad killed him... Well, I guess dad killing a pony wouldn't blow over well with mom..." Maple watched the bat fly off. "That went to your father didn't it... To warn him?"

Speechless did a 'almost right' gesture before writing, "It goes to my father yes, but it's more of a call for help than a warning." "Hunters now know about me, so i have to get some form of defense here, and since my father has dealt with hunters before, he if somepony knows what to do." He then looked at the broken door and a window and wrote more "Luckily I have a spare door here, I can get that fixed, but it seems that I have to board up my window for now." He then started walking towards the storage area, but suddenly stopped and headed to his food storage instead, and grabbed a bottle of water, drank a little bit, and moved the water inside his mouth like trying to get rid of a taste. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple thought of different ways she could help she walked to the storage room and grabbed a board she figured she could put it over the window since Speechless was busy trying to get the taste of blood out of his mouth. It was the least she could do for now that or find something to use as a weapon but he'd said there were only some smaller tools. She positioned the board over the broken window and set it against the wall. She, however, forget to get a hammer. "Hehe... Little help."

Speechless gesture Maple to wait a second as he put the water back to the food storage after unsuccessful taste removal, and then he went to grab a hammer and some nails and went to help Maple with boarding up the window. After that, Speechless went to get few more boards and gestured Maple to hold them still while he nailed them down. 

Maple placed her wings on each of the boards as he started to hammer them, that way if he missed the nail it wouldn't hurt as much if she got smacked by it. Speechless, however, didn't hit her once during the first one "So... You're dad can fight? Or are you asking for his help asking him how WE can fight that hunter... I know him and as soon as he has new gear he'll come back and try to kill us again..." Maple said with a hint of sorrow "Only way He'll stop is if he dies..."

Speechless nodded as answer and when he had finished with the board he wrote "He knows how to fight hunters, he has had his experiences with them." "He'll probably send me some weapons and inform some of his friends around here." He then added "But I think that after we finish boarding up the window, and after I have installed the new door, we should go to the event we were planning to go, and after that go either back to my parents or to your home." "Most dangerous place to us to be at the moment is places like this where there's only us two"

Maple wanted to agree but she knew this particular hunter. "I think it would be better actually... If more ponies are around then they might help... But that hunter isn't going to wait until he gets us alone to attack... He'll attack in full view of others so that they know the vampires are gone. However there, again, might be ponies there they will help up maybe even face him since he and other hunters can't kill normal ponies." Maple explained, "But let's definitely fix that door."

Speechless wrote, "I don't doubt that he would attack us in public place, but having other ponies around makes sure he won't be using crossbow, the risk of collateral damage is too big." "And there's probably guards, I'm sure they'll defend their captain." "Anyway, I'll install the door now so we can leave." He then walked to the storage area and from behind the boxes he grabbed a door and he carried it next to the doorway, removed the pieces of the old door, and just put the new door in. After finishing, he wrote again "I keep a spare door here because, there have been few times when a creature of Everfree has  accidentally broken my door." he then chuckled a little. 

"I can imagine how living here might be" Maple laughed back, "I think I'll take his sword too If he doesn't attack us hey, it's something I can trade right." Maple picked up the weapon, it was well crafted and the blade itself seemed to be made of a fine, almost silver metal. "I'm sure somepony wants such a well-crafted weapon."

Speechless let out an agreeing sound as he put his notebook back to its bag, and went to finish filling up the saddlebag he had started filling before the hunter had attacked. He Then walked to the back wall, where the bolt that was shot through the window had struck, and took it into the saddlebag too, who knew if somepony wanted a single crossbow bolt. He then picked up the saddlebag and the bit-pouch, and was ready to go. 

"Ready to go? I am if you are" Maple said, Her tone had a lot of worry in it. Even though the two were about to head somewhere safer her previous encounter with this hunter wasn't very pleasant and she feared that he may have gotten better... Even though she was just a filly back then she was still in public view when he attacked her the first time. This time however it was different this time she had formal training and Speechless was with her as well after seeing what he did to the hunter she felt a little bit more confident.

Speechless nodded and after letting Maple to go first, he followed her outside and locked the door, not that there was really a threat of thieves in the forest, but he did it so somepony or something don't accidentally go in. Speechless wasn't as worried as Maple, he trusted that guards would defend Maple and he knew that there was bound to be somepony who would fight a Hunter among them, actual vampire-pony if nothing else. And though he worried a little, he didn't worry about himself, he was only worried that the Hunter would get Maple. 

Maple walked to the opening that allowed her to get above the trees and flew up there after trying to remember where the swap meet was being held she pointed in that direction and started to fly to it. She didn't want to be up in the air for very long since that hunter could be waiting for her... Maybe there could even be others, That thought didn't scare Maple as much as the one hunter in particular. She stopped to wait on Speechless. She didn't want to get found alone.

Speechless wasn't far, he was following Maple closely, though he was flying little bit slower than usual because of the saddlebag he was carrying. In the bag there was small old stone sculptures that were left by the previous owner of the 'house', he had tried to sell them before but they were considered pretty much worthless, so only thing left was to try exchange them before just destroying them. 

Maple also had the golden statuette they found in those tunnels, The one of the odd-looking Alicorn, She only had it since she never really discarded it but she figured someone would want it here even if she didn't 'trade' it then she could at least give it to a pony that wanted it.

A few minutes of flying lead the two to the swap meet. Maple landed on the edge of a rather large crowd. "We might want to have a code-word... Or well for you a sound or signal... In case we lose each other and that hunter finds the other one of us... WEll then again such thing will cause a reaction in which we can follow... Better safe than sorry, however..."

Speechless seemed to agree and he wrote, "I could make a sound of distressed bat, it's so different in every aspect to speech that you would easily hear it over the crowd." He figured that it would also be the least weird sound he could make in middle of a pony crowd.

"That'll work. I'll make it obvious if I'm in danger as well." Maple said, "So... For now just don't think about it maybe he'll leave us be." Maple finished saying as she left as she walked into the crowd but stepped back over to him. "Actually I'm gonna stick with you for a bit..."

Speechless chuckled a little bit when Maple came back, he didn't really have time to even think about moving so he was exactly where Maple had left him. He then walked to the crowd, making sure that Maple was close all the time.

Among all the bat ponies, one of the vendors stood out. She was a light blue unicorn with a blonde mane, and she seemed to be selling what looked like small glass statues and other decorative glass items. There was a sign on her stand that said "Imperfect glass decorations for almost free."

Maple poked Speechless and pointed to the glass item vendor. Something over there had caught Maple's eye. "Let's go over there I think I see something." Maple stated as she started to walk over to the stand. The item that caught her attention was a glass pendant. In the right light, you could see a rainbow inside it despite it's imperfection. "Whoa!"