Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless opened his wings and made little writing gesture with them to answer to the Maple's question, he did notice Maple's blood and wanted to do something, but he knew he really couldn't do anything about it since he could barely write, but luckily also the unicorn noticed. She slightly forcefully moved Maple's wing to see the wound after she had finished with the bandaging, "You're injured too?" "It's too small for me to burn, but we need to stop the bleeding." She then grabbed the bandages with her magic, and took a piece that she then made in a tight ball and gave it to Maple, "Press this to it as hard as you can, I then bandage it over so it stays there without holding."

Maple nodded "Alright." She lifted her hoof up to it and held it there. It was obvious she wanted to argue it wasn't that bad but it could be worse if she let it be. She was learning rather quickly that she wasn't invincible... It wasn't something she liked... It was certainly something she already knew but she just seemed to be growing... weaker...

The mare tied up the bandage ball tightly over the wound with bandages, instructing Maple to let go when she needed to, and when she was done, she said "That's all I can do, do you have somewhere to go close by?" "Friends? Family?" "I could help you to get Speechless there, since he can't walk by himself." Speechless tried to argue that he could walk by standing up, but he just collapsed back down again sighing, he couldn't hold his balance.

Maple moved her hoof over the bandage while she thought about it. "No. We had to fly a... Actually... I think My uncle lives in Canterlot... Or close to it at least. He might have gone somewhere else but he's the closest if he's there. I don't know he hasn't sent letters for a few months now." She thought about it for a second "Still... Worth a try."

Speechless shook his head for the question, his parents were his only family and he didn't really have friends. "Aright, I'll help you to get there." the mare said to Maple as she walked next to Speechless and offered to help him, and though hesitating, Speechless allowed the help as he got up and hold his balance by leaning his open wing against the unicorn as little as possible.

Maple looked at where the 3 where located and tried to remember where her uncle was "He's a ways that way... Should be a rather long walk." Maple looked at speechless "If... You need a break miss then I'll take him." She said to the mare still worried about Speechless. She made a choice "I know I would've died if not for your heroism... both times..." Maple hesitated for a second and then said "I... Really do love you... After what I just saw... There's no doubt."

The mare nodded to Maple, but it was unlikely that it would tire her since Speechless was holding his own weight, three of his legs being fine, he just needed something to hold on to keep his balance, him feeling quite dizzy, and slightly tired. For Maple's confession, Speechless wanted to reply, but knowing that focusing on writing was...challenging at the moment, he just looked at Mable with a smile that told perfectly that, if he could have spoken, he would have said something along the lines 'I love you too'.

The mare was also smiling, it was kind of smile somepony would have when they were happy for somepony else.

"Ok. Let's go. We still have a lot of ground to cover. We should avoid wasting time." Maple smiled to both of them and started to lead the way to where her Uncle Zehpyr lived or well where she last knew where he lived but she felt that the mane styling business was better in canterlot... That was why he moved here... The group had quite a ways to go.

It took few steps for Speechless to get used to walking with three legs, until he came up with a smooth gait that allowed him to keep constant speed. As they walked, Speechless noticed that more they walked, more tired his whole body seemed to become, but he didn't signal it to either of the mares, because he felt that it wasn't anything to be worried about, since it made sense that his body would get tired after the trauma it had went through. But he also knew that it would become obvious in some point, and he feared that if the destination was too far away, he would get too tired to continue on his own legs.

As the trio kept walking Maple kept looking behind her checking on Speechless and the mare carrying him in case she wanted to switch with her. She smiled to Speechless hoping to help a bit. "It's a bit farther... Should I take speechless? I think we can get there on our own miss... Thanks for all your help as well I never really said thanks..." Maple smiled to the pony.

Edited by Maple Bat

As they had walked, Speechless had moved more and more of his weight on his wing he was leaning on the mare, and when they stopped so the mare could reply to Maple, he started shaking a bit, his body was getting weak, but he smiled back at Maple. The mare said "I'm just doing what any rational pony would do." "But I could use your help, he's getting kinda heavy, I think we need to support him together to continue." Speechless looked sorry.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nods and walks over to the two lifting speechless up by moving under him and standing up. Carrying all of his weight on her back "I've got it... It's still a ways to his house."  Maple keeps walking holding Speechless' hoof with her wing so he didn't fall off. "So... What's your name?" She asked the Mare "I'll need to do something to pay you back later for the help..."

Edited by Maple Bat

Both the mare and Speechless were surprised by how Maple had to choose to partake on the 'supporting', and Speechless felt embarrassed from being straight up carried by Maple, but he gave his best effort to make it easier for Maple by focusing on not falling off. The unicorn stayed close in case Maple needed help, "My name is Frail Spark." "And there's no need to repay, I'm just doing what's right."

"Nice to meet you Frail. I'm Maple. Maple Bat." Maple said with a respectful salute as she kept moving. She turned her head to speechless and looked at him with worry in her eyes having no idea how he was holding up. "Hold on... We've only got a little bit more..." Maple reassured speechless with a smile.

Maple then turned back to Frail. "So... You like glass making right? Or are you more of just a trader... Sales pony type?

Speechless smiled at Maple when she looked at him, he was relatively aright, he wasn't getting more tired because he was now fully carried by Maple, and though he was dizzy and his leg was hurting worse than a broken bone, he was on positive mind, more worried about Maple than himself. Frail did a respectful greeting gesture after Maple introduced herself, "Both." "Glass is my talent and passion, but it also brings the food on my table." "I have a shop in Canterlot, the things you saw me trading at the market are things that aren't good enough to be sold in there." "Rich ponies demand perfection."

"That makes sense..." Maple said "I've never really like canterlot's population... Just so picky all the time."  The trio, after walking in a bit of silence finally approached a house. Maple walked up to the door and was about to knock when she looked back to Frail. "You wanna come in for a while? I'm sure My uncle will be ok with it."

Frail shook her head and yawned "I appreciate the offer, but I think I head to my shop." "I have been working since morning and...well, it's middle of the night now." She turned away to take her leave "I wish you both lot of good, hopefully you can get rid of that pegasus soon enough." "Feel free to visit my shop if you ever want to, it's usually only open at day, but I can make exceptions."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Alright... Good luck to you as well. And thank you for the help. I'll make sure that the pegasus faces Justice..." The last line she said more to herself than to Frail. Maple rose a hoof and knocked on the door. Nothing happened "I think he's asleep... I'll just..." Maple knocked again. Much louder than the first time and She saw a light come on in the house a minute or so later She waited anxiously at the door.

The door swung open revealing a light green pegasus stallion with a rather messy mane from bedhead He rubbed his eyes. "Hello?"

"Uncle Zephyr! It's Maple... I need to come it's an emergency." Maple explained quickly.

Zephyr moved out of the way of the door His house was very similar to his sisters but... perhaps not as well kept and not near as many animals. "I could tell... You never really visit this late..." After Maple walked in. Her uncle closed and locked the door.He looked at Speechless "Set him on the couch to rest that hoof... looks bad. Let me get some water..." Zephyr walked Maple into his kitchen area. "Who is that? Your stallion-friend." He laughed as if he was kidding but...

"Yes actually." Maple was soon interrupted by her uncle again.

"Right why don't you take this water to him then... Wow... I need to think on this..." He said with a nod for Maple to head back over to speechless.

Speechless greeted Zephyr with a nod and by waving his wing a little bit, and when he was brought to the couch, he took sitting position and dropped his saddlebag on the floor next to the couch. He also took his notebook-bag off of his neck, but he held it close in case he needed to write or point at something. He was uncontrollably shaking a little, most likely caused by his muscles trying to relax. 

Maple walked in and brought the water moving it from her wing to her hoof she brought it close to Speechless "Drink this... Please. You need it." Maple held up the water to Speechless' muzzle so she was trying to give it to him so he didn't have to move too much.

Speechless felt, and was visibly slightly embarrassed about it, but he drank the water while Maple was holding it, he knew it could get awkward if he tried to grab it with his shaking wing or hoof. After finishing, he gave a warm smile to Maple, also looking slightly sorry, he felt mostly sorry for needing so much help, but he also felt that he hadn't done enough to protect Maple. 

Maple relaxed when he saw him drink the water and even more so when he smiled at her. She sat on the couch next to speechless and leaned on him lightly so he wouldn't have to use his hurt leg "I'm glad you try so hard to protect me... But maybe you should let me help you too." She said to him softly.

Speechless made a rather submissive sound, Maple was right, and it was kinda funny that Maple had to say it to him, since he had been 'saying' same to Maple earlier. He took his notebook and with the shaky writing he wrote, keeping a pause in middle of the second sentence, looking slightly sad, "Sorry for being so reckless." "When I saw the bolt sticking out, I thought it was worse." "I have never felt that much hate towards anypony."

Maple frowned, She had hesitated for a long time on her shot. If she would have then none of this would've happened she would've broken his Crossbow and he probably would've run away again. "Sorry... It really is my fault... I hesitated to fire my shot. Not because I didn't think I'd hit... I just... didn't want to kill him..." Maple smiled turning her face into Speechless' coat. "If you wanna talk about reckless I have a few scars from times I did stupid stuff..."

Speechless looked understanding, and he did understand the reasoning, he was sure he couldn't do it either if came to it, after all, they weren't blood thirsty vampires. For Maple's last comment, Speechless chuckled and 'hugged' Maple with his wing, while writing with the another one to the notebook that was now resting on the couch next to him. "There's lot of stupid stuff I've done too." He then looked at Maple, smiling , pondering if he should do what he was thinking to do.