Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Tartarian Adventure Tours!!

GoldieS

10 minutes ago, Burpy said:

I have no problem, I love it so far

@Techno Universal um, me and morph are on the ground alone, you and others are on the ship flying in clouds o.o

I thought GoldieS said that there was nothing but an infinite void below the ship. So apparently he said Cutima would have to be on the ship still but let's just say that Techno flew down to Cutima for now!

@Techno Universal @Burpy @The Candlekeeper

The 'darkness' was that infinite void when they were inside the smaller cave. At the moment, all the passengers on the ship can see below them is the cloud layer they're currently flying over. Above them is the is a giant cavern ceiling. Let's keep everyone where they are; Cutima and Morph will be on their own for a bit, while Techno, Maple, and Woody will all be on the ship. We also discussed the change in the last page in ooc about midway through (about being on the ground vs. on the ship)

(Sorry, I don't know how to quote from a different thread, but this is the first mention of the ground)

"As the group continued to fight off the offending insects, the guide and one other crew member remained up on the raised bridge house, trying to fly the ship. The guide clearly wasn't accustomed to actually flying the ship. The tall stallion hid behind the steering wheel in an awkward fashion still trying to turn it from time to time, while his braver crew member fought off the few insects that made it to them. 

Just as suddenly as the fight had begun, a light washed across the deck of the ship, encompassing everything and everyone in a blinding fury. The insects all seized at the appearance of the light, dropping to the deck with a series of thuds as they curled into balls mid flight or rolled off of perches. The skull flies had virtually frozen. 

The ship had left the cave, and entered the greater world of Tartarus. An orange glow bathed the ship like it were just before dusk, but there was no sun. In fact, there was really no sky at all. Stretching above them and across all horizons, was a the earthen roof to a massive cavern. So big, in fact, that halfway from the floor of the cavern to the top, was the first layer of clouds. Rising from the ground to support the roof were unimaginably mountainous pillars, formed naturally from spiky stalactites and mites." 

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal @Maple Bat

Try to remember guys, when it comes to NPCs I'll be deciding success or failure of actions involving them. Can't have everyone winning every battle all the time now. 

On 8/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal @Burpy  (Yay! I figured out how to do the thing with the names!!)

Alright ladies and gents, I'll make the first post either later today (tonight) or tomorrow morning, that way if there are any last minute players they can still get in on this too. I hope you all enjoy, and if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Information about the world will be revealed in game, since this is a mostly unknown world you'll be traveling to. I'll also have a bit of a story arc for both you guys and your characters, as well as anyone else who decides to pop in, but don't think you MUST follow one direction or the other. Do and go wherever you want, but understand as the DM of sorts, I will decide success and failure of actions that effect NPCs. 

• Brohoof 2

@Maple Bat 

Nah, nothing bad. The sphinx was intended to be more or less a 'hero' quality fighter. Plus, she hadn't attacked yet XP

If the NPC's don't have names or significant dialogue, you can expect them to be pretty scrubby. Otherwise, don't underestimate them!

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Maple Bat 

Nah, nothing bad. The sphinx was intended to be more or less a 'hero' quality fighter. Plus, she hadn't attacked yet XP

Actually I thought they lept at Maple hence the part of her throwing them over her let em change that then :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't all that clear. She was just prepping for an attack, but I didn't really plan on her doing anything until after the changeling on the floor spoke. But it would seem chaos and confusion has engulfed the room, so things are going to play out slightly differently... 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

sorry, missed this post here before my last post. I gotta say no I'm afraid. This is about the characters currently already there, and I'm not looking for OP characters. This world is inaccessible to your villain other than the means everyone else takes. He does not have dominion over that realm. 

Edited by GoldieS

3 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

sorry, missed this post here before my last post. I gotta say no I'm afraid. This is about the characters currently already there, and I'm not looking for OP characters. This world is inaccessible to your villain other than the means everyone else takes. He does not have dominion over that realm. 

Well I was only going to have Herobrien active for a long enough period just to say a couple of things but in a moment Techno will restart and once he dose Herobrien will get automatically teleported back to his own universe! :)

Sorry, but we never discussed his entry into the RP. Plus, I don't want him to take away the focus of the RP or anything. I already have the antagonists I need. If you want to keep his cameo, than you have to acknowledge that in this RP, in Tartarus at the very least, the chaos gods are more powerful than him. I only say this because I don't like deus ex solutions to the problems and obstacles I present to the players. Plus, it kind of shifts the focus away from figuring out the mysteries.