Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Tartarian Tours: Special Things

GoldieS

2 ponies had walked up onto the main deck of the Ship. They had quietly got on the ship and were mostly unnoticed but they were welcomed onboard. The first one was a Yellow bat Mare wearing purple armor with golden highlights anypony from Canterlot would recognize her as Captain Maple, Of the Equestrian royal night guard. The pony that was with her was wearing a black cloak with the hood over his head what anyone who saw him could only see that he looked like a brown colored earth pony stallion with light green eyes, a black mane with a gray streak in it and only one fang, unlike Maple, He clearly was trying to hide his identity. 

The brown pony looked at Maple. "I don't know why you wanted to come here. This place kinda creeps me out."

"Princess Luna wanted me to check up on the place. I can't say no to such a chance." Maple said

The brown pony sighed "Still it bothers me that dad made me wear this cloak gives me a bad feeling."

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The ship gradually picked up speed as it sailed through the air. It didn't take long before the portal was visible in the near distance, a violet outline around the black inky darkness on the other side. Magic flowing out and around it was turbulent, even those not accustom to using magic or detecting it themselves could feel the twisting in their gut.

Suddenly, a nets draped down from the side of the balloon above to just below the railing. The canopy of nets covered around all sides of the ship, the ropes oriented in squares not quite big enough to fit a hoof through. It resembled something like a giant insect net used to keep bugs out in the jungle when sleeping. Some of the crew paused what they were doing to begin tying the net sections to the railing. 

"Mare's and gentlecolts, may I have your attention please?" The yellow tour guide with the blue coat announced over an intercom, standing on top of the raised section of the deck behind the consoles. "I would like to officially welcome all of you, to the Tartarian Adventure Tours! For your safety and ours, please don't fiddle with the nets. It will keep out all the nasty buggies and flyers once we cross through, and keep any of us from falling overboard. Your living quarters have already been assigned, and belongings secured there within! You may examine your quarters now, but... we're about to cross through the portal, and you certainly don't want to miss flying through the gateway!"

@Techno Universal @Burpy

The deer stopped just in time to have his nose scrunch up against the hasty arcane wall Techno had thrown up before him. He turned around, a scowl on his face, just as the guide began his little speech. He waited impatiently for him to finish, while his eyes drifted to the little mare cowering beside Techno. Raising a brow, he stared down Cutima for a moment, ignoring Techno before he finally looked up at him with a smug huff. 

"Oh? Please do tell, how do things work when someone shoves another? I was certain after applying the appropriate force, gravity would send them to the ground." The deer replied sarcastically to Techno.

The stag stepped a bit closer to Cutima, poking her as she cowered. "Mare, this will never do. How do you expect to enjoy the wonders of Tartarus if you cower at a mere glance from me?" He chuckled a bit, still staring down Cutima. "Not to worry love, perhaps I should make it my duty to help you conquer your fear, hmm?"

@The Candlekeeper

'Iron Hoof' staggered a bit as the ship picked up speed, almost falling over if not for the simple assistance from Morph. "Thanks..." 

With a little difficulty, he tried to turn around to watch as the guide gave his speech. The colt looked up a little excitedly at the mention of 'buggies' and the danger of what might lurk in the skies of Tartarus. He snapped to when Morph spoke up again, offering his further assistance. 

"Oh, no thanks, I got it. Hey, do you now how long it'll take to get to the first stop? They said it was some kind of city. I just hope they let us do our own thing when we get there instead of sticking with some stupid group..." He griped.

The colt lifted his hoof to take a look at the watch on his foreleg. Iron bit his lip, before looking around impatiently. 

Techno then turned to the deer...

TU: Alright just move along!

Techno then shut off the shield and turned back to Cutima...

5 hours ago, Burpy said:

Cutima was a bit shocked at first, she didn't know that he had such powers. ''I,-- Um.. this-..'' She was a bit speechless, the cape was very big too, but as cuddly as his, she liked it and cuddled in it for a bit. ''I love it, but I don't think I'll wear it when trotting around, it's too nice.'' She chuckled friendly.

''Uheh?!'' She squeaked from the sudden shove from the deer, she almost fell but Techno caught her. Cutima didn't know what it was for and then got a bit scared that there was some conflict between them, she tried to hide with her eyes covered with her hoofs while being frightened.

TU: Now really Cutima well really I didn't have to put much effort in to spawn that cape in! Anyways it's just I'm a nice and generous stallion! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Oh, one moment," The guide waved Morph away as he stood beside the helmspony, holding the intercom. 

The ship arrived at the portal, the dark violet edges melting away the surrounding mountainside, giving way to an inky blackness. Like an animal swallowing its prey, the shadow overtook and enveloped the ship an its passengers instantly. For a brief moment, there was complete darkness. 

Suddenly the ship exploded with lights, even brighter than when they were still in Equestrian daylight somehow. Though the area immediately around the ship remained nothing but a black void. Several of the crew members moved to the sides, manning the spotlights on either side and in the front. Once turned on, the passengers were greeted with the sight of some of the more unpleasant denizens of Tartarus. 

"Ah yes! Breath in that lovely cave air, the brand only found in the netherworld of Tartarus. Don't forget to wave to some of the locals!" The guide joked, before gesturing to one of the sides. "Don't worry... he's a friendly one."

The spotlight was following the length of a giant centipede, every bit as big as a train, just crawling along the side of the cave wall as they passed. Its shell shined with the light, the sound of its thousand creeping legs skittering across the rock as clear as someone speaking just behind one's back. 

The guide gestured to the other side. "And, now the reason for the nets..." 

A group of insects, each one just a little bigger than a large dog clung to the nets and crawled up and down. Their bodies were pale white, heads strikingly similar to the bare skull of a small pony but with a nasty set of needle like chompers. Their clear wings buzzed now and again, drawing just about everyone's attention for a moment. Some of the other passengers took a few pictures, causing the bugs to buzz angrily for a moment before relaxing on the nets. 

@Burpy @Techno Universal

"We'll talk more later love." The deer said with a smirk, staring at Cutima. 

The deer scoffed at Techno's demand, huffing and turning to leave with his head held high. It was more of an arrogant 'head held high' than a noble one. Still, he was gone none the less. Clearly he wasn't interested in the things crawling and flying around the cave, not like the other passengers. 

From where they stood, Cutima and Techno had a good view of everything. From the colt laden with random bags shaking in the exact center of the deck, as far away form both sides as possible, to the crew member taking a wet paintbrush to a section of the net behind some crates. It was some sort of viscous gold fluid. He quickly applied the substance and walked off. Whatever it was, it attracted more than a few of the skull flies. In fact, it attracted a lot of them, some of them even began gnawing on the rope net. 

@The Candlekeeper

"Ah, sorry about that, anyway, pleased to-" The tour guide was cut off by Morphs bombastic attitude, pausing for a moment with a little bit of surprise. "Oh, well, that all depends. Our schedule is a bit flexible. But, we will arrive sometime today."

He paused, reaching out to stop Morph from attempting to rush back down to the deck... he seemed like the kind of pony to jump from place to place rather quickly. "Excuse me, I apologize for being so abrupt, but could I ask about your mark there? The one on your flank? I'm a embarrassed to admit it... but I was fascinated when I learned ponies in Equestria get such peculiar marks... how did you get it?"

@Maple Bat

While entering through the portal would give Maple a rough stomach for a moment... her 'companion' felt something far different. There was a sensation rolling across and under his skin, It caused the heart to beat faster and pound harder. The sensation was not unlike chugging down hundreds of energy drinks... minus the likely negative side effects. It was pure energy, just flowing into him without anything to stop it. Pure energy, perhaps even overwhelming.

A tall stag came marching towards Maple and her companion, clearly in quite the tizzy. This was no ordinary deer, but one from Tartarus. He was tall and skinny, a caramel brown with a perfectly white belly and underside. He wore a fairly elegant robe, purples and pinks with golden edges and designs, there was even a little bit of makeup around his eyes to accentuate his 'pretty boy' look. 

The deer paused when he came close to the black robed figure beside Maple. He gave a quizzical look, tilting his head to the side in an attempt to see beneath the other ponies hood. 

"Pardon me for the intrusion..." He stated, standing up straight and exchanging glances between Maple and her companion. "But there's no need for secrecy here... I doubt anyone will recognize you in Tartarus. Well, I know who you are..." 

He chuckled. "It's clear your someone famous! My lady here is clearly built for combat... I would hazard a guess that she's the bodyguard. So... are you a politician perhaps? A governor or maybe even a model of sorts? Come now, I'm excellent with secrets, you can tell me!" 

Edited by GoldieS

9 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"Oh, one moment," The guide waved Morph away as he stood beside the helmspony, holding the intercom. 

The ship arrived at the portal, the dark violet edges melting away the surrounding mountainside, giving way to an inky blackness. Like an animal swallowing its prey, the shadow overtook and enveloped the ship an its passengers instantly. For a brief moment, there was complete darkness. 

Suddenly the ship exploded with lights, even brighter than when they were still in Equestrian daylight somehow. Though the area immediately around the ship remained nothing but a black void. Several of the crew members moved to the sides, manning the spotlights on either side and in the front. Once turned on, the passengers were greeted with the sight of some of the more unpleasant denizens of Tartarus. 

"Ah yes! Breath in that lovely cave air, the brand only found in the netherworld of Tartarus. Don't forget to wave to some of the locals!" The guide joked, before gesturing to one of the sides. "Don't worry... he's a friendly one."

The spotlight was following the length of a giant centipede, every bit as big as a train, just crawling along the side of the cave wall as they passed. Its shell shined with the light, the sound of its thousand creeping legs skittering across the rock as clear as someone speaking just behind one's back. 

The guide gestured to the other side. "And, now the reason for the nets..." 

A group of insects, each one just a little bigger than a large dog clung to the nets and crawled up and down. Their bodies were pale white, heads strikingly similar to the bare skull of a small pony but with a nasty set of needle like chompers. Their clear wings buzzed now and again, drawing just about everyone's attention for a moment. Some of the other passengers took a few pictures, causing the bugs to buzz angrily for a moment before relaxing on the nets. 

@Burpy @Techno Universal

"We'll talk more later love." The deer said with a smirk, staring at Cutima. 

The deer scoffed at Techno's demand, huffing and turning to leave with his head held high. It was more of an arrogant 'head held high' than a noble one. Still, he was gone none the less. Clearly he wasn't interested in the things crawling and flying around the cave, not like the other passengers. 

From where they stood, Cutima and Techno had a good view of everything. From the colt laden with random bags shaking in the exact center of the deck, as far away form both sides as possible, to the crew member taking a wet paintbrush to a section of the net behind some crates. It was some sort of viscous gold fluid. He quickly applied the substance and walked off. Whatever it was, it attracted more than a few of the skull flies. In fact, in attracted a lot of them, some of them even began knowing on the rope net. 

@The Candlekeeper

"Ah, sorry about that, anyway, pleased to-" The tour guide was cut off by Morphs bombastic attitude, pausing for a moment with a little bit of surprise. "Oh, well, that all depends. Our schedule is a bit flexible. But, we will arrive sometime today."

He paused, reaching out to stop Morph from attempting to rush back down to the deck... he seemed like the kind of pony to jump from place to place rather quickly. "Excuse me, I apologize for being so abrupt, but could I ask about your mark there? The one on your flank? I'm a embarrassed to admit it... but I was fascinated when I learned ponies in Equestria get such peculiar marks... how did you get it?"

@Maple Bat

While entering through the portal would give Maple a rough stomach for a moment... her 'companion' felt something far different. There was a sensation rolling across and under his skin, It caused the heart to beat faster and pound harder. The sensation was not unlike chugging down hundreds of energy drinks... minus the likely negative side effects. It was pure energy, just flowing into him without anything to stop it. Pure energy, perhaps even overwhelming.

A tall stag came marching towards Maple and her companion, clearly in quite the tizzy. This was no ordinary deer, but one from Tartarus. He was tall and skinny, a caramel brown with a perfectly white belly and underside. He wore a fairly elegant robe, purples and pinks with golden edges and designs, there was even a little bit of makeup around his eyes to accentuate his 'pretty boy' look. 

The deer paused when he came close to the black robed figure beside Maple. He gave a quizzical look, tilting his head to the side in an attempt to see beneath the other ponies hood. 

"Pardon me for the intrusion..." He stated, standing up straight and exchanging glances between Maple and her companion. "But there's no need for secrecy here... I doubt anyone will recognize you in Tartarus. Well, I know who you are..." 

He chuckled. "It's clear your someone famous! My lady here is clearly built for combat... I would hazard a guess that she's the bodyguard. So... are you a politician perhaps? A governor or maybe even a model of sorts? Come now, I'm excellent with secrets, you can tell me!" 

Techno then looked out the window and he was now looking closely at everything outside...

TU: Cutima just take a look at the doomsday machines my brother has been creating over the years! I really want to free him from evil but I really can't because of how his power is equal to mine.

• Brohoof 1

@Burpy

"One second, I want to go take care of something," Maple said as she walked over to the mare near Techno she knelt down next to the mare "Hey I saw what happened. Are you ok?"

@GoldieS

"We're Siblings." The cloaked pony said. "Maple's the captain of the night guard and I just decided to come along too, I'm no pony special..." He said brushing it off "Our father said that I should wear this cloak so I'm going to but if you must know our father is Discord " He whispered to the Stag "Perhaps you could explain why he wanted me to wear this?"

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS

"Oh! No problem, happy to tell you!" 

Morph jumped at the opportunity to explain his mark and, with it, his magic.

"Ponies get their cutie marks when they figure out their purpose, I think! I figured out mine when somepony needed help with a beoken cart! I figured awhile, wondering how to help, when I got the idea to use my magic to make myself a cart for them awhile! When I turned back later, my mark was here!" 

He proudly turned so the guide fully saw his mark.

"You ever need anything at all, just ask me!"

Edited by The Candlekeeper
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The ship continued through the tunnel at a relatively slow pace, as to avoid bumping into the various crags and spikes along the walls and ceiling. Still the lights shown on the walls, illuminating the various creepy crawlies, distorted in size and appearance by the world of Tartarus. Slugs as big as houses slinking along, tiny bugs with dozens of impossibly long legs, centipedes and millipedes the size of trains... even some sort of jelly fish like creature glowed past them as it bulged out from the wall, tentacles swaying towards the ship. 

@Burpy @Techno Universal @Maple Bat

As they spoke to one another, the buzzing and chittering of insects was becoming more intense. Five of the bugs that had swarmed over the painted section of the net snapped at the net's rope, tearing a hole in the only thing protecting the main deck from the monsters. The five skull flies as big as dogs crawled through, now in the deck between the balloon and the ship itself with all of the passengers. 

None of the crew noticed, or the passengers for that matter, too distract by one another and the exciting things in the cave to notice the bugs starting to slowly pour in. 

@Maple Bat

"Ah! Of course, I understand perfectly! I'm a cultist of Her Eternal Beauty, the Serpent, myself. I had no idea there was a cult of..." The deer lowered his voice, looking around nervously for a moment before leaning in to whisper, "Discord..." 

He cleared his throat for a moment, as if he had just had a bad taste in his mouth. "Certainly not in Equestria. I'd be careful saying you're a cultist of his in Tartarus. In fact, I wouldn't even say the name! I'm not the malicious type... but Dis- ah, his actual literal children despise him to no end. The chaos gods expect their worshipers to despise him just as much as they do. Ah, not to say I don't hate him too of course! But, no one ever said anything about needing to hate his followers, right?"

@The Candlekeeper

"Really?" The guide tilted his head uncertainly, examining Morph's flank carefully. "So it just... appeared? There was no special ritual or incantation, no magical spell to create it?"

"I just... don't understand..." He sighed in resignation. "I know what my purpose is... at least I'm fairly certain. There's nothing more satisfying than guiding souls across the lands, there's nothing else I would ever rather do. But..."

With a disheartened expression, the guide turned to show Morph his flank, lifting his dark blue coattails to reveal a completely blank yellow flank. Clearly, judging by his expression, he didn't like not having one. 

"I've never seen a single pony here in Tartarus with one... yet all of the ponies in Equestria do." He paused for a moment, considering. "I know this might be a bit much... and I of course I would never require it of you, but... could you perhaps, maybe... find out why?"

Edited by GoldieS
  • Brohoof 1

@GoldieS

"Sure, I'll try to find out for you!" 

Morph exclaimed, feeling rather sorry for the markless guide.

"I'll get back to you if I find out! Don't worry!"

He said. First, however, he went out to return to the colt 'Iron Hoof.'

"I found out we should be arriving at our first stop today!"

He told the colt, a bit blind to how unhelpful that information was.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

The ship continued through the tunnel at a relatively slow pace, as to avoid bumping into the various crags and spikes along the walls and ceiling. Still the lights shown on the walls, illuminating the various creepy crawlies, distorted in size and appearance by the world of Tartarus. Slugs as big as houses slinking along, tiny bugs with dozens of impossibly long legs, centipedes and millipedes the size of trains... even some sort of jelly fish like creature glowed past them as it bulged out from the wall, tentacles swaying towards the ship. 

As they spoke to one another, the buzzing and chittering of insects was becoming more intense. Five of the bugs that had swarmed over the painted section of the net snapped at the net's rope, tearing a hole in the only thing protecting the main deck from the monsters. The five skull flies as big as dogs crawled through, now in the deck between the balloon and the ship itself with all of the passengers. 

None of the crew noticed, or the passengers for that matter, too distract by one another and the exciting things in the cave to notice the bugs starting to slowly pour in. 

@Maple Bat

"Ah! Of course, I understand perfectly! I'm a cultist of Her Eternal Beauty, the Serpent, myself. I had no idea there was a cult of..." The deer lowered his voice, looking around nervously for a moment before leaning in to whisper, "Discord..." 

He cleared his throat for a moment, as if he had just had a bad taste in his mouth. "Certainly not in Equestria. I'd be careful saying you're a cultist of his in Tartarus. In fact, I wouldn't even say the name! I'm not the malicious type... but Dis- ah, his actual literal children despise him to no end. The chaos gods expect their worshipers to despise him just as much as they do. Ah, not to say I don't hate him too of course! But, no one ever said anything about needing to hate his followers, right?"

@The Candlekeeper

"Really?" The guide tilted his head uncertainly, examining Morph's flank carefully. "So it just... appeared? There was no special ritual or incantation, no magical spell to create it?"

"I just... don't understand..." He sighed in resignation. "I know what my purpose is... at least I'm fairly certain. There's nothing more satisfying than guiding souls across the lands, there's nothing else I would ever rather do. But..."

With a disheartened expression, the guide turned to show Morph his flank, lifting his dark blue coattails to reveal a completely blank yellow flank. Clearly, judging by his expression, he didn't like not having one. 

"I've never seen a single pony here in Tartarus with one... yet all of the ponies in Equestria do." He paused for a moment, considering. "I know this might be a bit much... and I of course I would never require it of you, but... could you perhaps, maybe... find out why?"

Techno's system then started complaining over the skull flies entering the airship but because of the magic suppressing shielding in the Tartarus the warnings were glitching out everywhere so Techno had no idea what it was...

TU: Okey I'm getting warings of something but I literally cannot identify what the warnings are because of how much they are glitcheing around the place! It's really strange of how they are glitcheing like that but maybe it's a problem with my system that I just have to eventually fix.  

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal@Burpy

"Noted, Thank you, Make sure this pony is ok I'll go find it." Maple removed two things from her armor slipping them onto her hooves they became sharp blades. "A soldier like myself is always prepared. I'll go make sure these bugs don't become a problem." She said walking over to the net.

@GoldieS

"Cultist? No... No, you miss understand." Woody looked around and seeing that no one was looking he took off his hood for a second revealing his mismatching horns "I'm his actual literal son." He whispered before pulling his hood back over his head. "Just don't tell anyone ok. You said you wouldn't." Even under the hood the Stag could see Woody slightly blush. He had just risked drawing a ton of attention onto himself. He hoped none of the tourist saw and asked him for pictures, He didn't like a ton of attention.

• Brohoof 1

No one had noticed the swarm of dog sized skull flies clambering through the net on the side of the ship. As one of the other passengers approached them, someone else aboard the ship finally saw them as well. 

As things tend to do, everything happened all at once. Someone on the ship screamed, sending the insects inside the ship's net to swarm and begin flying all about. Other's attention was instantly drawn to the sight of dozens of monstrous insects flying around, prompting others to begin screaming and running for cover. Some tried to rush towards the entrance down into the ship while others dove out of the way of incoming attacking flies. 

One of the flies latched onto the flank of one of the crew members. She tried to buck it off, but it was on tight. The monster didn't hesitate, it's needle like teeth digging into the ponies flank and sending her reeling on the deck. 

All they had to do was turn around, and they would see the swarm on the nets. As Maple approached, however, others noticed, sending the swarm into a frenzy. The insects mostly ignored her, flying past the bat, but a few looked as though they had her in their sights. They charged straight towards her from the front. A few feet away from Maple, one of the insects latched onto a mare, chomping down on her flank and sending her to the floor in pain. 

Techno and Cutima were at risk as well, as a small group of three of the insects charged towards the two of them. If they didn't do something, they might face the same painful fate as the mare trying to defend herself on the floor. 

@The Candlekeeper 

Iron hoof was shaking in his hooves as Morph approached, standing in the center of the deck. He gave the stallion a deadpanned look when he said they'd be arriving 'sometime today'. Before he could give a sarcastic response, the insects went into their frenzy. 

Iron hoof turned around to see the swarm jumping and falling over in fear, all of his belongings falling to the deck in the sacks. Three of the insects swarmed atop his things, tearing at the bindings and the fabric of the bags as the colt tried to undue the straps keeping the bag secured to him. They seemed more interested in whatever he had in his bag than him, fortunately, but they were getting dangerously close to biting him in their efforts to rip apart the bags. 

@Maple Bat

The stag gave him a sarcastic look, and was about to laugh before the 'pony' revealed his horns. This caused the deer to give pause as he examined his form. Lion paws that drew down the hood, the dragon talons under the cloak, the horns, and lastly... the eyes...

He took a step back, a look of horror awash over his face as he gulped audibly. Despite the madness going on around them, he was too occupied with the discovery to really notice the insects buzzing around them. 

"I..." He replied breathlessly, starting to breath quickly like he were about to hyperventilate, before dropping his front half to the ground in a deep exaggerated bow. "Please forgive me your divinity! I'm sorry, please, I didn't mean to be so disrespectful in speaking to you! I- I didn't know!" 

The stag cowered before the creature in robes, even shaking a bit as he maintained the deep bow. It looked like the Stag expected the other creature to do something horrible to him. 

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS

"Whoa! Hey, what are these things!"

Morph reeled as the huge insects swarmed towards Iron Hoof's stuff right before him. He panicked and bolted, and began dashing, any way he could go out of the way of the insects swarming about the ship, trying to look for the way into the ship, out of the chaos of above deck.

• Brohoof 1

@The Candlekeeper @GoldieS @Techno Universal @Burpy

Maple used her blades to kill a number of them before she jumped over to Techno and Cutima Protecting them from the swarm. One latched onto her and she slashed it forcing it off. "Everyone! Get to safety Bellow the deck hurry! I'll kill these things" She got almost bit by another one. "I know you're trying to keep secret bro but I really need help here! Please!"

@GoldieS

"Me! D... Divinity? No, No! You didn't disrespect me at all." Woody said waving it off Something weird's happening here he thought as He heard Maple's scream. "Gah! Hold on sis, I'm coming!" He threw off his cloak handing it to the Stag revealing his dragonequus form, His 2 orange lion paws in front, the 2 dragon claws in the back with the dragon tail, his yellow pegasus wings and his mismatching horns, completely he really hoped everypony would for getting he was a dragonequus or not really notice. "Excuse me before I run off could you keep that cloak safe I'll need it later. I'll want to speak with you later too, I do need more information about all this. Thanks!" He flew over to Maple stopping time taking out a few of the bugs near her, with his Lion claws, before his spell ran out. "What did you need," Woody said.

Maple pointed over at the hatch to the under deck "Keep that protected. Ponies need to. Get Down!" She yelled pushing him down to stab a bug that was trying to harm him "This is new I should have bought-"

"Your bow? Here." Woody said handing it to her via portal "You'll need it." Woody dashed over the hatch and threw it open "YOU HEARD MAPLE! GET BELLOW DECK!" He roared loudly.

Edited by Maple Bat
Added detail
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, GoldieS said:

No one had noticed the swarm of dog sized skull flies clambering through the net on the side of the ship. As one of the other passengers approached them, someone else aboard the ship finally saw them as well. 

As things tend to do, everything happened all at once. Someone on the ship screamed, sending the insects inside the ship's net to swarm and begin flying all about. Other's attention was instantly drawn to the sight of dozens of monstrous insects flying around, prompting others to begin screaming and running for cover. Some tried to rush towards the entrance down into the ship while others dove out of the way of incoming attacking flies. 

One of the flies latched onto the flank of one of the crew members. She tried to buck it off, but it was on tight. The monster didn't hesitate, it's needle like teeth digging into the ponies flank and sending her reeling on the deck. 

All they had to do was turn around, and they would see the swarm on the nets. As Maple approached, however, others noticed, sending the swarm into a frenzy. The insects mostly ignored her, flying past the bat, but a few looked as though they had her in their sights. They charged straight towards her from the front. A few feet away from Maple, one of the insects latched onto a mare, chomping down on her flank and sending her to the floor in pain. 

Techno and Cutima were at risk as well, as a small group of three of the insects charged towards the two of them. If they didn't do something, they might face the same painful fate as the mare trying to defend herself on the floor. 

@The Candlekeeper 

Iron hoof was shaking in his hooves as Morph approached, standing in the center of the deck. He gave the stallion a deadpanned look when he said they'd be arriving 'sometime today'. Before he could give a sarcastic response, the insects went into their frenzy. 

Iron hoof turned around to see the swarm jumping and falling over in fear, all of his belongings falling to the deck in the sacks. Three of the insects swarmed atop his things, tearing at the bindings and the fabric of the bags as the colt tried to undue the straps keeping the bag secured to him. They seemed more interested in whatever he had in his bag than him, fortunately, but they were getting dangerously close to biting him in their efforts to rip apart the bags. 

@Maple Bat

The stag gave him a sarcastic look, and was about to laugh before the 'pony' revealed his horns. This caused the deer to give pause as he examined his form. Lion paws that drew down the hood, the dragon talons under the cloak, the horns, and lastly... the eyes...

He took a step back, a look of horror awash over his face as he gulped audibly. Despite the madness going on around them, he was too occupied with the discovery to really notice the insects buzzing around them. 

"I..." He replied breathlessly, starting to breath quickly like he were about to hyperventilate, before dropping his front half to the ground in a deep exaggerated bow. "Please forgive me your divinity! I'm sorry, please, I didn't mean to be so disrespectful in speaking to you! I- I didn't know!" 

The stag cowered before the creature in robes, even shaking a bit as he maintained the deep bow. It looked like the Stag expected the other creature to do something horrible to him. 

Techno then quickly got on top of Cutima to protect her from the swarm. He then activated his magic shielding to protect himself and Cutima from the bugs but still he had no idea that the shielding wouldn't work very well in the Tartarus because of the atmospheric anti-magic shielding...     

TU: I should be fine! Anyways I'm literally made of metal under my external skin plus I've got my magic protecting me so we should be fine!

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

@Burpy @Techno Universal 

Fortunately, Techno's shield did work, a few of the bugs slammed into it. And yet... it cracked. He hadn't lost complete control over his powers, but here they were severely diminished. The sensation, he would be able to feel the lack of power flowing through his horn. The very atmosphere seemed to be lacking the same arcane currents as Equestria and the worlds beyond. Instead, something... hollow flowed in its place, like a crude reconstruction of it. 

Still the bugs smashed into his shield, cracking it more and more. Just a few more strikes, and they would slam right through. Techno and Cutima would have to think fast. 

@The Candlekeeper 

The passengers bolted through the hatch the moment it was thrown open. However, the crew despite their apparent fear, attempted to fend off the swarming insects to help defend the passengers as they fled. Most did so without any weapons at all. 

Leaving Iron Hoof behind to be swarmed by the insects, Morph made it to the hatch with the others. Before he could enter with the others, the sphinx burst outward, smashing into Morph and sending him off to the side against the railing. 

"Craven..." She growled, glancing back at Morph for a moment. 

Ragnhild reared back onto her hind legs, stabilizing herself by spreading out her wings so she could stand upright. Across her back was a sash of at least twelve javelins. The sphinx reached back to grab one, holding it in her paws before hauling back and hurling it through the air to catch one of the insects flying around Iron Hoof and his things.  

@Maple Bat

The deer's eyes were wide with fear, but not because of the bugs. He gulped, nodding quickly as he held the black robes, before rushing into the bridge house. Everyone was preoccupied with what was going on to notice Woodland's appearance. That, and the Equestrian passengers didn't really think anything of it. 

A sphinx burst out of the hatch he had just opened, sending one of the other passengers, Morph, sliding across the deck. The rusty red feline didn't seem to care, growling something at the pony before hauling up and throwing a javelin across the deck at one of the insects. She gave a satisfied look before grabbing the next. For the briefest of moments, she glanced at Woodland. She practically turned white, the sphinxes satisfaction disappearing instantly as she quickly looked away from the dragonequus and decided to bound forward to fight with her fangs and claws instead.

--

Maple was in a different position, but she could clearly see everything that was going on from where she was, standing beside Techno and Cutima. Her brother was now robeless and digging his claws into the bugs as they tried to swarm over those trying to escape on the opposite end of the deck by the bridge house, fighting along side a Tartarian sphinx.

In the center of the deck, a little colt was flailing about, trying to fight off about five of the flies and trying to use his belongings as a shield. The colt wasn't going to last much longer. Next was the mare crewmember, another local and the first to be attacked by the flies. Her flank was bleeding, and she was backed up to a crate fighting off three of the flies with a barrel lid. Unfortunately, she was the furthest away, and from where she was it was only a matter of time before more flies poured in through the hole she was closest too at the front of the ship. And finally, Techno and Cutima, the two ponies she stood beside as they cowered under the shield. Clearly it was about to break, and the longer it was up and glowing, the more insects it attracted. They were up to about ten. 

There was no time to get to everyone all at once. At least, not on her own. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Burpy @Techno Universal 

Fortunately, Techno's shield did work, a few of the bugs slammed into it. And yet... it cracked. He hadn't lost complete control over his powers, but here they were severely diminished. The sensation, he would be able to feel the lack of power flowing through his horn. The very atmosphere seemed to be lacking the same arcane currents as Equestria and the worlds beyond. Instead, something... hollow flowed in its place, like a crude reconstruction of it. 

Still the bugs smashed into his shield, cracking it more and more. Just a few more strikes, and they would slam right through. Techno and Cutima would have to think fast. 

@The Candlekeeper 

The passengers bolted through the hatch the moment it was thrown open. However, the crew despite their apparent fear, attempted to fend off the swarming insects to help defend the passengers as they fled. Most did so without any weapons at all. 

Leaving Iron Hoof behind to be swarmed by the insects, Morph made it to the hatch with the others. Before he could enter with the others, the sphinx burst outward, smashing into Morph and sending him off to the side against the railing. 

"Craven..." She growled, glancing back at Morph for a moment. 

Ragnhild reared back onto her hind legs, stabilizing herself by spreading out her wings so she could stand upright. Across her back was a sash of at least twelve javelins. The sphinx reached back to grab one, holding it in her paws before hauling back and hurling it through the air to catch one of the insects flying around Iron Hoof and his things.  

@Maple Bat

The deer's eyes were wide with fear, but not because of the bugs. He gulped, nodding quickly as he held the black robes, before rushing into the bridge house. Everyone was preoccupied with what was going on to notice Woodland's appearance. That, and the Equestrian passengers didn't really think anything of it. 

A sphinx burst out of the hatch he had just opened, sending one of the other passengers, Morph, sliding across the deck. The rusty red feline didn't seem to care, growling something at the pony before hauling up and throwing a javelin across the deck at one of the insects. She gave a satisfied look before grabbing the next. For the briefest of moments, she glanced at Woodland. She practically turned white, the sphinxes satisfaction disappearing instantly as she quickly looked away from the dragonequus and decided to bound forward to fight with her fangs and claws instead.

--

Maple was in a different position, but she could clearly see everything that was going on from where she was, standing beside Techno and Cutima. Her brother was now robeless and digging his claws into the bugs as they tried to swarm over those trying to escape on the opposite end of the deck by the bridge house, fighting along side a Tartarian sphinx.

In the center of the deck, a little colt was flailing about, trying to fight off about five of the flies and trying to use his belongings as a shield. The colt wasn't going to last much longer. Next was the mare crewmember, another local and the first to be attacked by the flies. Her flank was bleeding, and she was backed up to a crate fighting off three of the flies with a barrel lid. Unfortunately, she was the furthest away, and from where she was it was only a matter of time before more flies poured in through the hole she was closest too at the front of the ship. And finally, Techno and Cutima, the two ponies she stood beside as they cowered under the shield. Clearly it was about to break, and the longer it was up and glowing, the more insects it attracted. They were up to about ten. 

There was no time to get to everyone all at once. At least, not on her own. 

Techno's system was now getting flooded with errors and warnings. As his power was dropping his thinking was starting to stutter and go all over the place. He knew that his system wouldn't be able to hold up for much longer and eventually the lack of power would shut him down...

TU: Cutima my system can't take much more of this! Just remember because I'm a machine I don't feel pain but the bugs can still scrap me if they shut me down! Just if I suddenly shut down make a run for it and just leave me here!

• Brohoof 1

"Oof!"
Morph exclaimed painfully as he slammed against the railing. He rose to his feet and stumbled, but felt badly shook and bruised by his collision. He stumbled towards the newest other pony he saw, a mare fighting off several flies, and at once jumped to jump over her and used his magic to turn into a crate with an opening downwards, trying to both turn himself into something the flies would ignore and trying to at least protect somepony else.

(If I got the positioning of those on the ship wrong, feel free to correct me and I will edit. :P )

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS@The Candlekeeper @Burpy@Techno Universal

Seeing that the farthest mare was safe...ish, Maple fired a few arrows from her bow, Killing the bugs around the young colt with well-trained, deadly accuracy. The magical arrows had no problem spawning in the realm since they resonated off of a gemstone that increased in power while it was dark. After killing the bugs around the young colt Maple threw her bow up into the air and dashed at the bugs attacking Techno And Cutiman "Go you two I got this!" She said, taking a few down before getting bit by one. When she felt it her pupil's shark as she collapsed, She hadn't expected the fangs to pierce her armor but they did with ease. 

Woody filled with anger seeing what happened The crew shouldn't have let this happen, He thought, Time to see the extent this strange power I seem to have. He looked at the Sphinx he was near "You! Protect this hatch with your life!" He commanded intimidatingly since that's how most saw him "Fail and you won't have one." He flew over to go help his sister "Maple! Are you alright." Maple didn't respond other than a twitch. Woody growled and started singing a fiery sort of melody creating a wreath of Flames around him, Now he could simply fly into the bugs to kill them, He let the feeling of raw energy into him and used that too so he wasn't going to tire out soon.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

@GoldieS@The Candlekeeper @Burpy@Techno Universal

Seeing that the farthest mare was safe...ish, Maple fired a few arrows from her bow, Killing the bugs around the young colt with well-trained, deadly accuracy. The magical arrows had no problem spawning in the realm since they resonated off of a gemstone that increased in power while it was dark. After killing the bugs around the young colt Maple threw her bow up into the air and dashed at the bugs attacking Techno And Cutiman "Go you two I got this!" She said, taking a few down before getting bit by one. When she felt it her pupil's shark as she collapsed, She hadn't expected the fangs to pierce her armor but they did with ease. 

Woody filled with anger seeing what happened The crew shouldn't have let this happen, He thought, Time to see the extent this strange power I seem to have. He looked at the Sphinx he was near "You! Protect this hatch with your life!" He commanded intimidatingly since that's how most saw him "Fail and you won't have one." He flew over to go help his sister "Maple! Are you alright." Maple didn't respond other than a twitch. Woody growled and started singing a fiery sort of melody creating a wreath of Flames around him, Now he could simply fly into the bugs to kill them, He let the feeling of raw energy into him and used that too so he wasn't going to tire out soon.

TU: Cutima let's go!

Techno then picked up Cutima and started running plus he also picked up Maple. The bugs started to bite Techno and Techno continued running but the bug bites were starting to make Techno want to join the bug's side and kill everyone on the ship. His eyes were now starting to flicker red

TU: My system! It's starting to turn to evil! If it gives in I'll kill all of you and this ship! It's definitely the bugs that are doing this to me!

• Brohoof 1

As the group continued to fight off the offending insects, the guide and one other crew member remained up on the raised bridge house, trying to fly the ship. The guide clearly wasn't accustomed to actually flying the ship. The tall stallion hid behind the steering wheel in an awkward fashion still trying to turn it from time to time, while his braver crew member fought off the few insects that made it to them. 

Just as suddenly as the fight had begun, a light washed across the deck of the ship, encompassing everything and everyone in a blinding fury. The insects all seized at the appearance of the light, dropping to the deck with a series of thuds as they curled into balls mid flight or rolled off of perches. The skull flies had virtually frozen. 

The ship had left the cave, and entered the greater world of Tartarus. An orange glow bathed the ship like it were just before dusk, but there was no sun. In fact, there was really no sky at all. Stretching above them and across all horizons, was a the earthen roof to a massive cavern. So big, in fact, that halfway from the floor of the cavern to the top, was the first layer of clouds. Rising from the ground to support the roof were unimaginably mountainous pillars, formed naturally from spiky stalactites and mites. 

Despite the insects constant tearing and biting of Techno's outer layer, he was able to make it to the entrance. From the outside, there was no telling what it did to him, not to any casual observer at least. But he wasn't the only one in danger, some of the insects decided to bite at and attack the two ponies he was carrying, chomping down on both Maple and Cutima several times with their needle like teeth as well. 

Fortunately the sphinx from before was at the entrance when the trio arrived. She was fighting with a violent and frantic fury, not at all hesitating to rush the insects around Techno, Cutima, and Maple. She had trouble slaying them, but it at least gave techno the reprieve he needed, hopefully. The flies now swarmed around the sphinx, but before they could tear her to shreds, the light encompassed the deck, sending them all to the ground. 

@The Candlekeeper

The mare still cowered for a moment, clearly confused when Morph dove atop her and turned into the crate. The relative darkness of being beneath him gave her pause as she slowly looked up to see what in the world had happened. She was still bleeding, and breathing heavily, but she gave off a relieved chuckle while examining the interior of her shield. 

"Th- thanks?" She whispered, not really expecting a response from an inanimate object. "I've... heard some changelings could turn into inanimate objects, but I didn't really believe it."

The insects still swarmed around Morph and the mare beneath his form, but they didn't bite they were mostly trying to figure a way inside to attack the mare, crawling all over him. Then, the light came. The bugs instantly curled into a ball as they crawled across him, rolling to the floor or just freezing atop him. 

@Maple Bat

The sphinx's hair stood up on the back of her neck at the command. She gulped, before nodding to Woodland. 

"Yes master!" She replied with a clear and concise roar that could be heard over any cacophony. The experienced warrior dutifully defended the entrance, her vigor and fury growing with every bite from the insects. 

The raw chaos magic flooding through the air gladly pumped through Woodland's body. Such energy was more than enough to propel his power limits far beyond their normal capacity. The insects were nothing compared to such a radical upgrade in power. Any that neared him, or vice versa, fell to the ground in a crispy husk without even touching the draconequus. 

While he could have dispatched the swarm himself, something else did the job for him. A blinding (at first) light washed across the deck. It sent the insect falling to the ground in droves, the threat vanishing as quickly as it had begun. The group was safe now, everyone still up on the deck taking stock of themselves, and their companions. 

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS

Although Mroph couldn't act while transformed, nor speak or anything, he was still able to see from where he wanted on his inanimate self. First he looked to the bugs swarming him and worried, then noticed the mare thanking him. He felt better as he saw how relieved she was. Then he noticed the bugs curling up and becoming paralyzed, and began feeling even better. If he could cheer, he would.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, GoldieS said:

As the group continued to fight off the offending insects, the guide and one other crew member remained up on the raised bridge house, trying to fly the ship. The guide clearly wasn't accustomed to actually flying the ship. The tall stallion hid behind the steering wheel in an awkward fashion still trying to turn it from time to time, while his braver crew member fought off the few insects that made it to them. 

Just as suddenly as the fight had begun, a light washed across the deck of the ship, encompassing everything and everyone in a blinding fury. The insects all seized at the appearance of the light, dropping to the deck with a series of thuds as they curled into balls mid flight or rolled off of perches. The skull flies had virtually frozen. 

The ship had left the cave, and entered the greater world of Tartarus. An orange glow bathed the ship like it were just before dusk, but there was no sun. In fact, there was really no sky at all. Stretching above them and across all horizons, was a the earthen roof to a massive cavern. So big, in fact, that halfway from the floor of the cavern to the top, was the first layer of clouds. Rising from the ground to support the roof were unimaginably mountainous pillars, formed naturally from spiky stalactites and mites. 

Despite the insects constant tearing and biting of Techno's outer layer, he was able to make it to the entrance. From the outside, there was no telling what it did to him, not to any casual observer at least. But he wasn't the only one in danger, some of the insects decided to bite at and attack the two ponies he was carrying, chomping down on both Maple and Cutima several times with their needle like teeth as well. 

Fortunately the sphinx from before was at the entrance when the trio arrived. She was fighting with a violent and frantic fury, not at all hesitating to rush the insects around Techno, Cutima, and Maple. She had trouble slaying them, but it at least gave techno the reprieve he needed, hopefully. The flies now swarmed around the sphinx, but before they could tear her to shreds, the light encompassed the deck, sending them all to the ground. 

@The Candlekeeper

The mare still cowered for a moment, clearly confused when Morph dove atop her and turned into the crate. The relative darkness of being beneath him gave her pause as she slowly looked up to see what in the world had happened. She was still bleeding, and breathing heavily, but she gave off a relieved chuckle while examining the interior of her shield. 

"Th- thanks?" She whispered, not really expecting a response from an inanimate object. "I've... heard some changelings could turn into inanimate objects, but I didn't really believe it."

The insects still swarmed around Morph and the mare beneath his form, but they didn't bite they were mostly trying to figure a way inside to attack the mare, crawling all over him. Then, the light came. The bugs instantly curled into a ball as they crawled across him, rolling to the floor or just freezing atop him. 

@Maple Bat

The sphinx's hair stood up on the back of her neck at the command. She gulped, before nodding to Woodland. 

"Yes master!" She replied with a clear and concise roar that could be heard over any cacophony. The experienced warrior dutifully defended the entrance, her vigor and fury growing with every bite from the insects. 

The raw chaos magic flooding through the air gladly pumped through Woodland's body. Such energy was more than enough to propel his power limits far beyond their normal capacity. The insects were nothing compared to such a radical upgrade in power. Any that neared him, or vice versa, fell to the ground in a crispy husk without even touching the draconequus. 

While he could have dispatched the swarm himself, something else did the job for him. A blinding (at first) light washed across the deck. It sent the insect falling to the ground in droves, the threat vanishing as quickly as it had begun. The group was safe now, everyone still up on the deck taking stock of themselves, and their companions. 

When the light hit the deck Techno's system automatically restarted itself to try and correct itself from the system damage the bugs did to him. Techno was frozen for 20 seconds while his system restarted and he was now all good after the system restart...

TU: Okay my system just restarted and that light appeared to take out the bugs! Anyways I can see holes all over my external skin where my metal endoskeleton is visible.

• Brohoof 1

@GoldieS@Burpy@Techno Universal

Woody as he stopped his spell, landed on the ground and ran over to Maple. "Oh Celestia, Thank you for helping her," Woody said to Techno taking Maple from him and setting her on the deck. He looked at the Sphinx "Sorry for treating you like that but I needed to make sure you fought hard. Though could I ask you to find a Stag holding a black cloak and get it from them please, it is mine while you're at it get a doctor for the injured ponies this looks really bad." He looked down at Maple "Oh... Oh, no Maple? Come on sister wake up... please..." Woody couldn't focus enough to use his Magic on her right now.

Maple's hoof moved as she tried to stand up. She stood up but fell down to a knee again "I'm ok..." She said, "I didn't expect them to pierce the armor and when they did it sent me into shock." She stretched a bit felt pain move through her body and she covered a few of the wounds with her leg "Though it does hurt... A lot..."

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

@GoldieS@Burpy@Techno Universal

Woody as he stopped his spell, landed on the ground and ran over to Maple. "Oh Celestia, Thank you for helping her," Woody said to Techno taking Maple from him and setting her on the deck. He looked at the Sphinx "Sorry for treating you like that but I needed to make sure you fought hard. Though could I ask you to find a Stag holding a black cloak and get it from them please, it is mine while you're at it get a doctor for the injured ponies this looks really bad." He looked down at Maple "Oh... Oh, no Maple? Come on sister wake up... please..." Woody couldn't focus enough to use his Magic on her right now.

Maple's hoof moved as she tried to stand up. She stood up but fell down to a knee again "I'm ok..." She said, "I didn't expect them to pierce the armor and when they did it sent me into shock." She stretched a bit felt pain move through her body and she covered a few of the wounds with her leg "Though it does hurt... A lot..."

Techno then turned to Woody with some of his metal endoskeleton exposed on his face from when he got bitten there... 

TU: To be honest Woody I almost got changed into a powerful dark king by the bugs but I got out just in time before they took advantage of me. Anyways if I could I would instantly heal Maple but I seriously can't right now because of the magic blocking shielding in the air down here! Hopefully we'll be okay down here but anyways Woody how much damage has my external skin sustained from the bugs?  

• Brohoof 1