CMC Cutie Mark Speculation

Marshmallow

Cutie mark for a CMC?  

46 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see one of the CMC get a cutie mark before the others?

• Sho' Nuff! that would be interesting!
    • No way! That would ruin the CMC
  2. 2. Will the CMC get their Cutie Marks?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't be surprised if they all get their cutie marks this season. I think they'll all get them in the same episode, but it would definitely be interesting if they all got them in different episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all get their cutie marks this season. I think they'll all get them in the same episode, but it would definitely be interesting if they all got them in different episodes.

Actually I could see them getting their cutie marks in different episodes or at different times, and that could create tension between them. To where they start to drift apart as friends sort of like how the mane six did in the Return of Harmony part 2. And through the power of friendship they are all reunited again. Or something along those lines.

I said in another thread that the CMC can still crusade after they get their cutie marks. They won't be crusading for themselves anymore, but they can help other unfortunate fillies who don't have theirs. Could make it a funny bit where they run a business with like a cardboard box desk or something *shrugs*

• Brohoof 2

Do I think they should? Yes. We already know what they're good at, they just need to find it out.

Do I think they will? No, they're going to keep this story rolling until they run out of stories to milk out of it.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope they last until the end of season two. Having said that, I don't want them dragging on much past that. If it just kept going on and on and on without them ever making any progress on their cutie marks, the episodes would lose their charm.

As for their cutie marks? Sweetie Belle will be a singer, with possibly a microphone as a cutie mark.

Scootaloo will have a scooter, or something to do with racing or speed.

Applebloom will have something to do with architecture or constuction, so maybe a hammer crossed with a saw?

I'd like to see the CMCs get their cutie marks this season, I really don't think it should be dragged out too long.

What I'd really like to see is just one of them getting her mark while the others are still blank flanks. This could set up a good story line about jealousy, acceptance, and what it means to belong to a small group like the CMCs. This could then provide opportunity for another story later on when the second one gets her mark, and the final one of the three is still blank. That story could explore her disappointment, jealousy and the importance of not abandoning friends even when you've achieved all your own goals.

EDIT: It would be a nice touch if, at the end of this storyline, the final blank-flank somehow gets her cutie mark as part of learning that particular friendship lesson.

Wow, that would be amazing! I'm excited just thinking about a series of episodes like that.

I see the CMC sorta like the Simpsons' kids: Bart's been in elementary school, getting detentions for how many decades now? And yet, I don't think he's quite lost his charm yet.

If they don't run out of good scenarios to keep the CMC crusadin', I think they'd make for a good set of "constant" characters whose antics you could always count on to entertain. They give you an "ooh, what are you gonna break on your quest for cutie marks today?" feeling.

But that said, they already dropped a major hint that the three all have a purpose they're eventually gonna live up to in The Show Stoppers. So I wouldn't count out the possibility of them finding their cutie marks this season.

I'd like to see the CMCs get their cutie marks this season, I really don't think it should be dragged out too long.

What I'd really like to see is just one of them getting her mark while the others are still blank flanks. This could set up a good story line about jealousy, acceptance, and what it means to belong to a small group like the CMCs. This could then provide opportunity for another story later on when the second one gets her mark, and the final one of the three is still blank. That story could explore her disappointment, jealousy and the importance of not abandoning friends even when you've achieved all your own goals.

EDIT: It would be a nice touch if, at the end of this storyline, the final blank-flank somehow gets her cutie mark as part of learning that particular friendship lesson.

Also, my doppelgänger, that was brilliant.

I think they will get them in this season. I know that sweetie's will have something to do with singing and music, scoot's will have to do with athletics and sports, and my lil si's will have something to do with graphic and fashion design. OMG, I can't wait to see the look on diamond tiara's and silver spoon's face when they finally get them.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon WILL pay. In a non-violent manner of course, but they WILL PAY.

I would like to see them get them mid-season or they will become a joke that's lost its laugh. It would be interesting to see one of them get theirs later than the other two - same episode or it would be cruel, but to have to deal with that. I could also hope that when they do get them, tho they stay friends, they lose the gang mentality and stop being such pains when altogether!

Hmm. I could see the Cutie Mark Crusaders still being a group after they've gotten their cutie marks. Only instead of finding their own marks, they try and help other ponies find theirs.

Hmm. I could see the Cutie Mark Crusaders still being a group after they've gotten their cutie marks. Only instead of finding their own marks, they try and help other ponies find theirs.

Oh man I kinda hope this doesnt happen. I am sure they will still be best friends, but I dont want MORE episodes of self discovery.

• Brohoof 1

I am guessing that there will be more CMC Episodes even after they got their cutie marks. But they might just be short scenarios to show they can help the mane six or something like that.

I am guessing that there will be more CMC Episodes even after they got their cutie marks. But they might just be short scenarios to show they can help the mane six or something like that.

The times when you see them on their own, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle seem like properly characterised individuals. I've not recalled seeing Scootaloo without the others, tho in Show Stoppers Scootaloo is a less annoying character than in the other episodes I've seen the CMC in so far.

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this, but I think that the adventures of the CMC are getting too drawn out. What I mean is this: the writers have kept the CMC from getting their cutie marks for far too long. They should get their cutie marks already! They get way too many episodes; more episodes than any other pony. Tell me what you guys think.

I think Scootaloo is an awesome pony and the other two members of the CMC compliment her well, and I enjoy their episodes so will not complain about them.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda agree with you on this one. Now I don't think they have that many episode right now. Still it is getting kinda old seeing them just trying one thing and then moving on a new thing just because they failed at it. So I hope in season 3 the CMC well get their cutie marks and they well just be done with them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they get more episodes than any other pony, and even if they did, there are 3 of them, so it would make sence if they got almost 3 time the amount of episodes as any single pony.

I agree. plus, I'm just really excited to see what their cutie marks would be. I think it's pretty easy to figure out what they would be though, since everypony's name has a similarity to their cutie mark basically.

Scootaloo will be a scooter.

Applebloom will be something to do with an apple (same as the rest of her family).

but then there's Sweetie Belle... idk what hers would be. :blink:

• Brohoof 1