Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Another Map Update

MLPOCBeats

So I've been reading the comics lately and trying to map places out and I've come to notice something. Almost none of the places match up to the map. San Fransiscolt should be down near Las Pegasus but there's no place it can fit properly. Salt Lick City doesn't seem to exist anywhere but I have my suspicions on stuff. I want to know do you guys think there needs to be a new map update? I'd like to actually know if Saddle Arabia is westerly or easterly, is Salt Lick City where I think it is, and is the geographical layout of Equestria to scale because it honestly doesn't even look correct in the slightest and everything feels super cramped if it is to scale.

Mostly I want to see a new map and I want to get someone to start a petition for updating the map in congruence with the show and comics. It's confusing and a tad irritating.

They don't adjust the map based on stuff the comics have done. In the official maps they nixed the Forest of Leoto and the entire map drawn for the first comic arc that takes place south of Equestria for the areas that have to do with the movie.

map.jpg

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I don't think these cities really exist in the show itself. The comics are its own universe pretty much! ;)

Saddle Arabia absolutely exists. Applewood was also only mentioned in the comics and not on the show, yet appears in the this map and the previous one. Also many locations are missing from the map like Maretonia, Maretania, Hoofingtin,  Mustangia, Saddle Arabia, etc. 

Basically like many old pictoral maps, it lacks details and is hardly comprehensive. It is also not to scale, obviously. 

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Basically like many old pictoral maps, it lacks details and is hardly comprehensive. It is also not to scale, obviously.

Kind of like the map from Paper Mario 64, actually.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Saddle Arabia absolutely exists. Applewood was also only mentioned in the comics and not on the show, yet appears in the this map and the previous one. Also many locations are missing from the map like Maretonia, Maretania, Hoofingtin,  Mustangia, Saddle Arabia, etc. 

Maretonia and Saddle Arabia are probably on a different continent.

4 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Maretonia and Saddle Arabia are probably on a different continent.

Very possible. It could also be off-map slightly east of Dragon Lands. The nebulous nature of the map(s) and how they define Equestria makes this one of those things that requires some amount of speculation to reach any conclusion. 

I remember in one of the 1632 novels an Uptimer was criticizing a 17th century map with the comment that "Obviously, this map maker had no truck with the new fangled notion that there was supposed to be some relationship between the map and the territory."

11 hours ago, Jeric said:

Very possible. It could also be off-map slightly east of Dragon Lands. The nebulous nature of the map(s) and how they define Equestria makes this one of those things that requires some amount of speculation to reach any conclusion. 

I do think they need to remake the map...again, but bigger, same general layout but make things more spread out so they can fit more towns, we need to see Mistmanes old village (or at least the ruins of it because I doubt it is still around) Somnambula, etc.w