476 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

Seeing this episode LITERALLY wanted too make me punch Starlight in the face cause of all the ponies in that small village she manipulated. In the end though I'm just glad that everyone got their cutie marks back and their true talent that goes with it.

Edited by SunburstRainbow2019

7 hours ago, SunburstRainbow2019 said:

Seeing this episode LITERALLY wanted too make me punch Starlight in the face cause of all the ponies in that small village she manipulated. In the end though I'm just glad that everyone got their cutie marks back and their true talent that goes with it.

A common reaction. That psychopathic little mare tends to bring out the worst in everypony :)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love love love Pinkie's suspicion towards a town filled with Stepford Ponies. The faces she's making, tho - perhaps my favorite thing she's ever done, and it says a lot about her character that she distrusts fake happiness.

• 1 month later...

I just watched this for the first time and I think it's a really good episode. Starlight is a great villain and the dark plot is unsettling in a good way. The episode wasn't predictable (in a good way) and the characters were realistic. It just would be nice if twilight didn't stand there while Starlight took her Cutie mark.

Also, this episode changed my favourite quote to "You can't have nightmares if you never dream". Creepy!

Arbitrary score: 9/10

I'm probably not going to become a review account, I just wanted to share my love for this episode.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one is surprisingly dark for the show, but great.

The episode has a great setup in the beginning and also the cutie map is introduced which is a great plot device and works really well with this show.

The plot of this episode is actually amazing. I like especially how the characters are shown here. For example it just makes so much sense for Pinkie instantly getting suspicious and Flutters instantly loving this. The characters are the best part of MLP in my opinion and this episode plays  a lot with the characters.

Starlight is a really interesting character and belongs definitely to my fav characters of the show. So there is another point why I like this episode. The most interesting stuff with her happens  later but this is where she's introduced.

Well and there is sugar bell, also a really sweat character which will reappear in later seasons. It's also nice to see Rebecca Shoichet having a full character speaking role beside Sunset Shimmer and of course her singing voice of Twilight (Yeah, I know this stuff by now :yeahno:).

Great episode, I love it.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I think that this episode turned off quite a number of fans by the fact that the Cutie Map was a signal that many of the upcoming episodes were going to be more formulaic.

But that was a given in order to keep the show going, and those cute map episodes were mostly not too bad in my opinion.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When the Mane Six sat down on their thrones,

A map grew out of the castle stones.

The map led the Six to a town that defines

The ponies whose cutie marks are equal signs.

Starlight Glimmer was in charge of that town -

Her magic is what kept equality up and down.

What Starlight was doing, of course, wasn't right.

Equality couldn't be kept every day and night!

So, the Mane Six spoiled her trick,

And Starlight's life was ruined real quick.

But ever since then, Starlight was very mad,

And a revenge on Twilight would make her really glad! 

To be continued...

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, LCpony417 said:

When the Mane Six sat down on their thrones,

A map grew out of the castle stones.

The map led the Six to a town that defines

The ponies whose cutie marks are equal signs.

Starlight Glimmer was in charge of that town -

Her magic is what kept equality up and down.

What Starlight was doing, of course, wasn't right.

Equality couldn't be kept every day and night!

So, the Mane Six spoiled her trick,

And Starlight's life was ruined real quick.

But ever since then, Starlight was very mad,

And a revenge on Twilight would make her really glad! 

To be continued...

:fluttershy:

• 1 month later...
On 2023-01-31 at 5:17 AM, Gale Wind said:

That was pretty good poetry. It will be good to see more. 

Thank you! But if you want me to get notified about your reply, you should quote me instead of just replying to the thread.

And yes, you will definetely see more from me!

8 hours ago, LCpony417 said:

Thank you! But if you want me to get notified about your reply, you should quote me instead of just replying to the thread.

And yes, you will definetely see more from me!

Sorry, didn’t think about it. I definitely should have quoted. 

• 2 months later...

I honestly wanted to see Dash introduce Starlight's face into the pavement she annoyed me so much in this episode. 

Don't get me wrong I love Starlight now as she became a great character but OMC she was the biggest twat on the show just short of Blueblood with this commie propaganda crap.

Like I said SO HAPPY she got better as a character.

• 8 months later...

It's been a few years since I have seen this two parter. Starlight is the character that introduced me to the fandom in 2016 so its kinda crazy to see it again after all these years. I think it's a great episode. I wouldn't really change anything about it, it was done masterfully. I just wonder how Starlight founded the village and how she convinced her villagers to follow her. I wonder if Starlight's villainy is her actually believing in her delusions or if she enjoys the suffering of her villagers. Would be more interesting if she actually believed it 100% and that she believed she was doing the right thing.