Did you like it?  

476 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It would make for a better episode if their cutie marks got put on the wrong personand the rest of the season can be them coping with and trying to recover their own cutie marks.Thoughts? :pout:

• Brohoof 1

tall.png

Ha! She got you there Starlight Glimmer!

It would make for a better episode if their cutie marks got put on the wrong personand the rest of the season can be them coping with and trying to recover their own cutie marks.Thoughts? :pout:

That would make it just like what happened in Magic Myster Cure at the end of Season 3, but just longer and more drawn out.

• Brohoof 5

Am I the  only one who thought this looked like a cult? A PONY CULT!!!  Although, a good opening for the new season.

There were definitely some cult aspects but there was no religious worship, still kinda creepy though :blink: 

Have you seen MMC?

But, that comic. Much laughs.

I really hope Starlight Glimmer returns in any of the later episodes  :lol:

This premiere was really good, not as "epic" or "dramatic" as other ones but that's why I liked it. Also a song  :)

I didn't want to go through 38 pages to see if anyone else mentioned this, so I'm sorry if someone already did.

There was one moment in the scene just after the mane 6 got their cutie marks back that really drew my attention to a certain aspect of Starlight Glimmer's personality.  She cast a very dangerous-looking spell that could have easily destroyed the ponies she was aiming it at, had Twilight had not stepped in to shield them.  Think about that for a moment: she had both the means and intent to kill, and she didn't hesitate to attempt it, even against ponies that she had been living with for who knows how long.  Despite everything else she had said and done during the episode, it was that moment that really made me realize just how dangerous and psychopathic she actually is.

• Brohoof 3

Oh, you mean like society shunning us, because we don't their norm? It's not really just bronies, but i like this anology.

Oh wow, puts a whole new context on this:

"They may do things a bit differently than we're used to, but that's no reason to be rude"

Oh wow, puts a whole new context on this:

"They may do things a bit differently than we're used to, but that's no reason to be rude"

I know right? Just proves how deep this premier was.

I know right? Just proves how deep this premier was.

Except, not really?

I don't know, of all of the things to compare the events of the episode too that sounds like the biggest stretch I've heard so far.

Mane 6 lose their Cutie Marks. Rainbow Dash's pulls out her emergency temporary tattos.

Twilight Sparkle has one with snakes.

Fluttershy has a wicked dragon

Pinkie Pie has a burning skull.

Rarity has a flower.

Applejack has a Mom.

Rainbow Dash has America theme.

I really liked these two episodes to the new season. The map looked really well animated and the places on the map across Equeatria looked amazing. I'm really hoping we get to see the mane 6 visit some of these places this season. Pinkie was really funny in this episodes with how she knows those smiles were not true smiles and the faces she makes in most scenes were amazing. I'm not sure if this was new though but the scene where she eats all the muffins and Pinkie looks a little bloated or something like that that animation looks like it was never done before and it looked really cool. The first song was pretty good but was it just me or were we listening to a song about them forcing us to know that they are all equal or something along those lines. I was surprised the mane 6 were defeated and lost their marks so easily because I was expecting a little bit of a fight scene but I guess it was to get the plot and the episode moving along and I was okay with that cause the pacing was pretty good in these two episodes. The mane 6 without their marks was interesting as well because of how they acted and some of the talents they lose without their mark. When the ponies in the village got their cutie marks back I really liked some of their special talents such as the pony that could make things with balloons, and the one who could make pies and other objects out of snow. Starlight Glimmer was a pretty interesting character with how she could take cutie marks away and how she was able to get away and not be defeated like some other villains in past seasons. I'm thinking she might appear more throughout the season because of the map or more than likely she will be the final villain in the season. Also remember in "It's about time" where Twilight asks her future self "Is there some kind of epic pony war in the distant future?"? Does anyone else think that will be a part of the season 5 finale? All in all I enjoyed these two episodes and I can't wait to see what season 5 has to offer.

I liked the Season Premiere. It was much better than I expected. :)

However this gives me an even better excuse to dislike Starlight Glimmer ("And that is?" you might ask...). She was promoting a bad kind of Communism (An example of good communism is here) or even Fascism (Pony version of Adolf Hitler much?)!

I have a strong feeling that it will take a LONG time (or maybe even never) for Starlight to get to her senses because of how strongly she believes in her philosophy.

Edited by Jonny Music

I have to wonder- even though I didn't like the creepy factor of the two parter, I might've found it more interesting if Starlight had managed to save Twilight's contained cutie mark from breaking during the chase, and gotten away into the caves with with it, since that was the one that seemed the most important to her. And to see how Twilight would manage to work things out without relying on her magic, for a change- since she'd be without her cutie mark, and abilities, for likely the remainder of Season 5. (I also would've liked to see Starlight use Twi's cutie mark to become an Alicorn, herself)

I liked the Season Premiere. It was much better than I expected. :)

However this gives me an even better excuse to dislike Starlight Glimmer ("And that is?" you might ask...). She was promoting a bad kind of Communism (An example of good communism is here) or even Fascism (Pony version of Adolf Hitler much?)!

I have a strong feeling that it will take a LONG time (or maybe even never) for Starlight to get to her senses because of how strongly she believes in her philosophy.

I don't feel like Starlight was promoting communism, since communism is more of a economical system. I'd rather say she's a follower of the Law of Jante, which goes like this:

• You're not to think you are anything special.
  • You're not to think you are as good as we are.
  • You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
  • You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
  • You're not to think you know more than we do.
  • You're not to think you are more important than we are.
  • You're not to think you are good at anything.
  • You're not to laugh at us.
  • You're not to think anyone cares about you.
  • You're not to think you can teach us anything.
  • Brohoof 1

I re watched the episode and noticed that room the Mane 6 were locked in had no food and wondered if Starlight starves ponies into giving in? Just a dark thought that crossed my mind. 

There seemed to be buckets of hay and water in the room, which is also where Fluttershy must have grabbed a bucket from to throw at Starlight.

As of S1E09 it's been confirmed that the mlp ponies eat hay sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

I don't feel like Starlight was promoting communism, since communism is more of a economical system. I'd rather say she's a follower of the Law of Jante, which goes like this:

• You're not to think you are anything special.
  • You're not to think you are as good as we are.
  • You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
  • You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
  • You're not to think you know more than we do.
  • You're not to think you are more important than we are.
  • You're not to think you are good at anything.
  • You're not to laugh at us.
  • You're not to think anyone cares about you.
  • You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Ok, but I still do not like and agree with that philosophy of hers. I disagree with every aspect of it. My reaction was pretty much like RD's and Pinkie's reaction to their society and rules.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, but I still do not like and agree with that philosophy of hers. I disagree with every aspect of it. My reaction was pretty much like RD's and Pinkie's reaction to their society and rules.

I agree, I have a feeling that she was messed up in her childhood in some way. Maybe she has a constant need to feel special, and therefore encourages others to give up their cutie marks and live by her rules.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, I have a feeling that she was messed up in her childhood in some way. Maybe she has a constant need to feel special, and therefore encourages others to give up their cutie marks and live by her rules.

My thoughts exactly. :)

It may either take a long time for her to change her mind or she may never change her ways for the rest of her life for all we know. I have a feeling that the other princesses may have to intervene (or help the Mane 6) to deal with (or help) Starlight if she ever goes insane to get rid of other's Cutie Marks.

That's just a theory I randomly came up with though, so take it with a grain of salt. We do not know what the writers have in mind.

• Brohoof 1